Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 90. (Read 908607 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 25, 2014, 06:00:26 PM
LOL

Dear MtGox Customers,

In light of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team

What the hell does any of this have to do with their inability to enable withdrawals?

What "situation"? The fact that they lost customer funds?

TRANSLATION: "Hmm let's monitor the fact that we lost people's money and see if the money somehow magically reappears!"

ROFL!

True - what are they monitoring ? They closed down the site.

They are monitoring if they will get jail time or have to repay what they owe.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 05:58:15 PM
LOL

Dear MtGox Customers,

In light of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team

What the hell does any of this have to do with their inability to enable withdrawals?

What "situation"? The fact that they lost customer funds?

TRANSLATION: "Hmm let's monitor the fact that we lost people's money and see if the money somehow magically reappears!"

ROFL!

True - what are they monitoring ? They closed down the site.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 05:52:59 PM
can anyone pls tell me why it is needed to be fixed?

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
February 25, 2014, 05:50:52 PM

It could be a little inside hint.  Interesting the goat is perched atop the mountain right where the new CEO is being discussed.  A little hint?  Clue?  Flirtation?

I think the best outcome would be someone with the funds to begin to repair the image of bitcoin by fixing Gox is best.  But who on earth has that many bitcoins?

Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 05:46:53 PM
why this company con not just die and we could move on, ahhh

and yes, I lost money thx to gox, but would rather move on and see btc goes up than have this misery for an other half year dragging along.
no question that the new company will fail too, sooner or later.
Activity: 72
February 25, 2014, 05:46:35 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

These situation sounds like a fairy tale – most business do some sort of monthly report
And the management would know if they are losing money - to lose $350 m must have being known to the management team for a long time.
In my opinion the whole management team should do jail time for fraud
I think the plan to wipe a $350 M with no plan to repay customers and start again is ludicrous.

It's not only the missing BTC. If that report were true they also didn't notice the missing USD. I'm not buying that, however - and i don't think any court would. Nobody could be that incompetent. How about the possiblity that they let the security loophole open on purpose and made a deal with the "hackers" to share profits ? Or the document is really fake.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 25, 2014, 05:40:59 PM
Plus... no block found for 45 mins - this is the end of bitcoin...

[edit] Oh it's ok, just blockchaininfo being slow - panic over

[edit2] unless there's a correlation here - I reckon Mark has taken over blockchaininfo and he is 'pretending' blocks have been found...
legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
February 25, 2014, 05:38:40 PM
There's actually a term for this people.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goxed
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 25, 2014, 05:37:23 PM

These situation sounds like a fairy tale – most business do some sort of monthly report
And the management would know if they are losing money - to lose $350 m must have being known to the management team for a long time.
I think the plan to wipe a $350 M with no plan to repay customers and start again is ludicrous.

My theory is that Mt.Gox sold BTC a lot of fake BTC when it was under $20, pre-2013.   Only to discover to their complete horror that the price explodes on them.    Notice that there were no upgrades to site after early 2013.   They were deeply in debt by early 2013 because of BTC that they sold short.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 25, 2014, 05:35:17 PM
A couple of questions:

Has anyone been able to get in touch with Mark (or Gox employees (if they exist)) on IRC today?

Does anyone know where Mark is now?

A redditor claiming to be SarahCoinbit posted on Reddit yesterday, saying she and other Gox support staff were fired. Does anyone know whether that claim was true? Was it Sarah posting?

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
February 25, 2014, 05:21:23 PM
Well think about it: A lot of the Bitcoin Libertarians are huge on self help and self responsibility and self blame and self flagalation. Maybe they are counting on that and people hanging their heads in shame and all.

C
Activity: 265
Football President
February 25, 2014, 05:14:09 PM

Activity: 700
February 25, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

On the other hand, this Facebook page claims to be official and says the draft is fake, but it's got a handful of spelling mistakes:
* https://www.facebook.com/goxbitcoin

There's a goat standing on the mountain the logo on the Facebook page which isn't in the Crisis doc.
There is a goat on the document. See "Part 2".

Thanks didn't notice it since I'm having trouble reading the doc on my computer. Why is there a goat in the logo. I thought that was a joke.
Activity: 364
American1973
February 25, 2014, 03:37:23 PM
Spelling mistakes could just be trembling hands.
Activity: 700
February 25, 2014, 03:33:10 PM

On the other hand, this Facebook page claims to be official and says the draft is fake, but it's got a handful of spelling mistakes:
* https://www.facebook.com/goxbitcoin

There's a goat standing on the mountain the logo on the Facebook page which isn't in the Crisis doc.
Activity: 91
February 25, 2014, 03:14:13 PM
I'm wondering how Sturle must be feeling, after all those months of shilling.

Maybe he is feeling really bad , after all i suppose that he was also GOXED !!!  Shocked
Activity: 504
February 25, 2014, 03:09:04 PM
I'm wondering how Sturle must be feeling, after all those months of shilling.
Activity: 784
February 25, 2014, 03:06:51 PM
Activity: 91
February 25, 2014, 03:06:21 PM
Even if all the BTC in stuck transactions were stolen (which is impossible, because most of the inputs were spent in three to six stuck transactions), it is still only a tenth of what MtGox has made in fees over the years.  It is certainly not going to bankrupt them.  You have to make up something more credible than that if you want to make people believe in your scam.

By the way: I really thanks for your comments here. There is so much scaremongering and desire for the escalation in these parts. So, is really enjoyable to read your posts.

This one is just a tribute to sturle and their fansGrin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
February 25, 2014, 02:56:45 PM
Dear MtGox Customers,

In the event of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team
Pages:
Jump to: