Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 85. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 26, 2014, 12:25:14 PM
No. it needs pointing out that just taking peoples funds is not acceptable and a lawsuit should be filed (last week)

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah, proving a point is so much more important than having an actual chance to get your money back Smiley
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
February 26, 2014, 12:24:55 PM
ok, thanks. This may sound like a stupid question, but what about the possibility of finding the theives who stole from everyone (other than gox)? That possibility has already passed right?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 12:15:53 PM
I am a verified customer and I have about 20 btc trapped in mtgox. I tried to withdraw as soon as I found out about btc delays. I wasn't really planning on pursuing any of legal action until I saw that shit has really hit the fan. Now that it has, does anyone have any advice of where to start in the long journey to possibly getting my coins back/punishing mtgox for this injustice?

From what I understand, if Mtgox closes for a month and covers its liabilities through all of the measures outlined in that document, there is a chance that some of us with get our money back? What are the chances of that actually happening?

there is only ONE chance left:

that some financial bidder is interested in acquiring gox and helps to pay some of those debt.

any acquirer of gox would be legally bound to take on ALL the debt. not just a portion of it. If the company is so much in the quagmire that those debts are unsaleable, either current gox, or future gox would be forced into administration, and could write-off/CVA a lot of the debt. this would be the worst case scenario.

there is NO chance imo from suing Gox. why? cause they simply have no funds anymore. even if you win (what you do most likely) there wont be any assets.

There is every chance. sorry. having the funds or not having the funds is irrelivent. If gox are sued and a court awards damages, those damages will have to be paid, even if it means Mark K's mummy selling her condo/yacht/theme park on the moon.

even worse i could see that suing gox could possibly be contraproductive in terms of some external bidder who is willing to help.

No. it needs pointing out that just taking peoples funds is not acceptable and a lawsuit should be filed (last week)
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
February 26, 2014, 11:56:28 AM
I am a verified customer and I have about 20 btc trapped in mtgox. I tried to withdraw as soon as I found out about btc delays. I wasn't really planning on pursuing any of legal action until I saw that shit has really hit the fan. Now that it has, does anyone have any advice of where to start in the long journey to possibly getting my coins back/punishing mtgox for this injustice?

From what I understand, if Mtgox closes for a month and covers its liabilities through all of the measures outlined in that document, there is a chance that some of us with get our money back? What are the chances of that actually happening?

there is only ONE chance left:

that some financial bidder is interested in acquiring gox and helps to pay some of those debt.

there is NO chance imo from suing Gox. why? cause they simply have no funds anymore. even if you win (what you do most likely) there wont be any assets.

even worse i could see that suing gox could possibly be contraproductive in terms of some external bidder who is willing to help.
Activity: 107
February 26, 2014, 11:50:45 AM

February 26, 2014, 10:58:07 AM
I got verified at gox. i'm not in any kind of panic about it. shit happens. we move on.
Fortunate enough to never have to deal with the aftermath of identity theft I take it?

=squeak=

yes.
i am spartacus.

but.. in gox case it wouldn't be identity theft. it'll be identity fraud.
Well, you seem awfully spry for your age. Way to go. Smiley

=squeak=

edit: that all depends on who ends up buying the company, and all the verification info they have on file, and what they do with it.

for certain, I can see how some may be a tad paranoid about what happens with their personal details. And I dare-say they have every right to be concerned. But.. had this been a small scale business, who had no background in bitcoin, and no perseverance to working legitimately, do you think they would have gotten so many customers and a database as large? I doubt very much gox will be throwing the scan of my passport out of the windows for all and sundry passing by to take home and copy/defraud.

Now, i'm not saying that what has happened with gox has been in any way good business practice, but what I am confident is that without me physically  transferring my money to them - that is all they currently have, a few scanned documents with my business address. Anyone could get that just by searching the internet enough - a mugshot, bank details and address. We are all susceptible to fraud, it's not limited to the companies to whom we proffer our personal information.

add: just trying to think sensibly, i don't think panic is warranted.
Activity: 450
February 26, 2014, 10:50:37 AM
I got verified at gox. i'm not in any kind of panic about it. shit happens. we move on.
Fortunate enough to never have to deal with the aftermath of identity theft I take it?

=squeak=

yes.
i am spartacus.

Well, you seem awfully spry for your age. Way to go. Smiley

=squeak=

edit: that all depends on who ends up buying the company, and all the verification info they have on file, and what they do with it.
February 26, 2014, 10:49:04 AM

=squeak=

yes.
i am spartacus.

Activity: 450
February 26, 2014, 10:48:19 AM

=squeak=
February 26, 2014, 10:46:23 AM
The value is in the 1 million+ registered customer database with emails/addresses/etc...

well they are welcome to my email address, as for my money.. that's another matter.  Cheesy

For verified customers they have more than just our email address and our money.  Cry

Mt.Gox will need to be very careful who they sell this information to.   

Releasing that information to unscrupulous buyers is definely another crime.

It is unbelievable how this organization continues to keep everyone in the dark!

but I do sympathise with those who were unable to get their funds out... not so sympathetic to those who left it there and were able.

remind me the OP date of this thread again?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 26, 2014, 10:43:42 AM
The value is in the 1 million+ registered customer database with emails/addresses/etc...

well they are welcome to my email address, as for my money.. that's another matter.  Cheesy

For verified customers they have more than just our email address and our money.  Cry

Mt.Gox will need to be very careful who they sell this information to.   

Releasing that information to unscrupulous buyers is definely another crime.

It is unbelievable how this organization continues to keep everyone in the dark!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 26, 2014, 10:39:29 AM
So how can it be "more or less" legit when Mt.Gox did not produce the document.

I would imagine because it was produced by a consultant or somesuch working for an interested party.

If it was a consultant paid by Mt.Gox then that would mean Mt.Gox produced the document.

Anyway,  he's trying to disassociate himself with his own proposal.  That's what it look like.

Let's assume the numbers in the document are correct.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

Claims that everything is missing.  THe 740K includes customer accounts and Mt.Gox accounts.

Then is the interview with Fox he says...  "technically speaking, it is not lost yet, just temporarily unavailable"

In summary , he wants to keep the 740K BTC that is 'just temporarily unavailable'.

The story of the BTC keeps changing.

First it is, 740K missing dues to mallaebility exploit.
Now it is 740K just temporarily unavailable.

Anyway, the subpoena in NY will force details to be released.

I still can't buy the document having a goat on top of the mountains as a logo is real...
That seems too much for me...
hence everything else related to this document seems unlikely to be legit as well.

Are you dense?   If it did not come from an official source or someone related to the official source, then why did Mark Karpeles not just claim it was a fake?    The only thing not believable is the contents of the document,  but its origin is obviously from Mt.Gox.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
February 26, 2014, 10:39:12 AM

+1  So even for those who diligently kept their BTC offline they still lose out by having their rather detailed personal info at the mercy of whoever handles the cleanup job at gox.
Activity: 294
February 26, 2014, 10:35:44 AM

February 26, 2014, 10:25:50 AM

Activity: 84
February 26, 2014, 10:24:21 AM
February 26, 2014, 10:23:00 AM
it'd be a pointless investment buying a centralized exchange, when there are so many better options cropping up - p2p trade is the only way to go.

UNLESS, of course the buyer of gox turn it into just that, that's the only way I can see BTC exchanges existing in the future.
Activity: 504
February 26, 2014, 10:13:19 AM
Apparently there are bidder on Gox: https://mobile.twitter.com/paulbuitink

Hard to believe with investigations going down?
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 26, 2014, 10:10:48 AM
So how can it be "more or less" legit when Mt.Gox did not produce the document.

I would imagine because it was produced by a consultant or somesuch working for an interested party.

If it was a consultant paid by Mt.Gox then that would mean Mt.Gox produced the document.

Anyway,  he's trying to disassociate himself with his own proposal.  That's what it look like.

Let's assume the numbers in the document are correct.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

Claims that everything is missing.  THe 740K includes customer accounts and Mt.Gox accounts.

Then is the interview with Fox he says...  "technically speaking, it is not lost yet, just temporarily unavailable"

In summary , he wants to keep the 740K BTC that is 'just temporarily unavailable'.

The story of the BTC keeps changing.

First it is, 740K missing dues to mallaebility exploit.
Now it is 740K just temporarily unavailable.

Anyway, the subpoena in NY will force details to be released.

I still can't buy the document having a goat on top of the mountains as a logo is real...
That seems too much for me...
hence everything else related to this document seems unlikely to be legit as well.

The Goat bought at lot of Goxxies with BTC he gained at pirates ponzi as a PPT ...as those ill -gotten gains are greeted

and even made by the allmighty MODS over here, you are going to be had with all your craptofuck-investments as the

majority of BTC´s is still not used by Africans being able to buy their stuff at e-bay rather by early adopter criminals fucking

themselves and everybody else over. Am I one of them? Sure as I sold my Goxxies for 72,5 cause I knew from experience

that the bouncing cat can sleep comfortably on Marks keyboard  Wink

Consequence: stop hoping and listening to BS....if BTC wants not to be used less and less...Mark needs to feel the heat now---

and those lame excuses from the other top-dog centralists why Mark is just a black sheep which will be allowed to ride in the sunset

should show you where your money went !!!!

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 26, 2014, 09:53:11 AM
Does anyone know if sturle is ok?

Pretty comical when bitstamp went down for a couple of days sturle was on here crowing that I told you so, its not just gox that was affected lolol.

So may there have been a lot of cash withdrawls to Sturles account from Poland generated by the selling of now missing bitcoins???

How many Goxxies did Roger buy with his at the time generous offer ? NONE ?

Rptiela confirmed that he sold some Goxxies to Sturle in this thread as far as I know...Rampion are you sure he never bought from

anybody  -just offered with no follow through?  Aren´t we able to find out who sold those 750000 BTC´s at Gox  under 300 dollars

now ?.....and which "verified" names are attached to to those "panic -sellers" accounts?

If so we might get some of those "moneylaunderers " at the head of bitcoinfoundation to do jail time.....if not await some downtime at

bitstamp as well Wink

Pages:
Jump to: