Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 86. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
February 26, 2014, 09:34:16 AM
So how can it be "more or less" legit when Mt.Gox did not produce the document.

I would imagine because it was produced by a consultant or somesuch working for an interested party.

If it was a consultant paid by Mt.Gox then that would mean Mt.Gox produced the document.

Anyway,  he's trying to disassociate himself with his own proposal.  That's what it look like.

Let's assume the numbers in the document are correct.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

Claims that everything is missing.  THe 740K includes customer accounts and Mt.Gox accounts.

Then is the interview with Fox he says...  "technically speaking, it is not lost yet, just temporarily unavailable"

In summary , he wants to keep the 740K BTC that is 'just temporarily unavailable'.

The story of the BTC keeps changing.

First it is, 740K missing dues to mallaebility exploit.
Now it is 740K just temporarily unavailable.

Anyway, the subpoena in NY will force details to be released.

I still can't buy the document having a goat on top of the mountains as a logo is real...
That seems too much for me...
hence everything else related to this document seems unlikely to be legit as well.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 26, 2014, 09:31:23 AM
Does anyone know if sturle is ok?

Pretty comical when bitstamp went down for a couple of days sturle was on here crowing that I told you so, its not just gox that was affected lolol.
Activity: 232
February 26, 2014, 09:25:28 AM
It's a good article to read again, this guy made spot on predictions based on poker recent past experience...
http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-may-headed-bankruptcy/

"FullTiltPoker enjoyed market dominance from late 2006 until their DOJ indictment in April 2011. Soon after being banned from servicing US players, the DOJ gave them permission to repay all depositors, but they failed to do so.

On May 15th, FTP claimed: “Full Tilt Poker faced numerous challenges and hurdles to ensuring the smooth operation of its international business and the orderly return of US player funds. We are absolutely committed to making sure that US players are refunded as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and the fact that we underestimated the time it would take to work through these issues.”

On May 30th, they repeated:

“We still do not have a specific timeframe for [paying back players]. There has been, and remains, no bigger priority than getting US players paid as soon as possible, and we have been working around the clock to get this done.”

However, at this point, they admitted solvency issues for the first time, saying: “We are raising capital to ensure that the US players are paid out in full as quickly as possible.” The company admitted total insolvency three months later, on August 31st."

I will just add to this that PokerStars purchase of Full Tilt included compensation for all the US customers.  This was delayed by the US authorities, but in October 2013 arrangements were in place to begin compensating everyone who lost out. The first wave of payments actually went through yesterday.  Non US customers had their funds back a long time ago. 
Activity: 232
February 26, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/report-mtgox-subpoenaed-by-us-prosecutor-2014-2

Can someone tell me how its is of benefit to customers with outstanding balances on Mt.Gox ? I know very little of US law but could this simply be a demand for information pertaining to just about any unrelated crime involving bitcoin in the US somewhere that might have gone thought Gox ? Am I right in saying this might well have bugger all to do with Gox customers situation?

I'm a US law noob so please set me straight.

On another topic at least Mark has not run and that's a positive.

Personally my only hope is that some hotshot buys Gox but I expect i'm dreaming

This subpoena is most likely to with the investigations into Silk Road and/or the ongoing Charlie Shrem money laundering case. It has nothing to do with the current shutdown.  The information trawl though could lead to other money laundering charges against MtGox, but chances of prosecution are small providing Mark never steps foot in the US. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 08:49:50 AM

Can someone tell me how its is of benefit to customers with outstanding balances on Mt.Gox ? I know very little of US law but could this simply be a demand for information pertaining to just about any unrelated crime involving bitcoin in the US somewhere that might have gone thought Gox ? Am I right in saying this might well have bugger all to do with Gox customers situation?

I'm sorry to be an ass, but you should come back to reality. The outstanding balances on MtGox are gone. For good. The best you can expect is to see Karpeles going to jail for a brief paid vacation - but that's not so likely.

We had a very long and fair warning for everybody. Gox has been sending very strong insolvency signals since April 2013, and during the summer those signals piled up in such a way that anybody defending Gox during the last quarter of 2013/beginning of 2014 was either an ignorant fool, a troll or a paid shill.

They look fundamentally honest people, but incompetent to the point of gross (if not criminal) negligence.
They were willingly running fractional reserve (which you CANNOT unless you are a bank - and an exchange is NOT a bank) while they were desperately trying to increase their revenues to cover the holes - in the meantime their customers were treated like fools and fed with absurd explanations that nobody with half a brain or a minimum experience in running a business could believe.

I'd suggest not prolonging the denial phase any further.

Totally hear what your saying and I certainly don't dispute most of it. I however will insist on hard evidence that they are insolvent before I just walk away and move on with my life. Personally I believe and yes this number is pulled out my ass that I might have a 1% or less chance of  not being poor again. Forgive me for hanging just on even if its just to see the coroners report and the last nail hammered into the coffin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 26, 2014, 08:46:21 AM

I'm sure that Strudle is way more than OK.  He must have been making tons of money, and probably multipied that many fold by keeping people in the game at Gox for many months and thus the huge arbitrage opportunities going for much longer than I would have imagined.

Sturle got his withdrawl from 4th of January and bought a moutain of cheap goxxies even for 90 % to help out widows and orphans

in the need. Anybody else still has gotten a Sepa withdrawl  ?  The polish account still is sending money offshore and feeds back

crumps to let the ponzi roll on even after the website went dark? This CEO is a mastermind  Cheesy or are those offshore accounts

may be "technically" not only his owns ? Wink

Proof of those coins being bought at 90% value? When I asked I was told that the offer was no longer valid. IMO that was the last "marketing stunt" performed by Sturles, who probably is a Gox contractor. That would explain the passionate defense of every unbelievable/absurd excuse made up by Gox, the denial of every clear read flag and insolvency signal, and last but not least his silence lately, as Karpeles has written on his website:

I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 26, 2014, 08:42:31 AM

I'm sorry to be an ass, but you should come back to reality. The outstanding balances on MtGox are gone. For good. The best you can expect is to see Karpeles going to jail for a brief paid vacation - but that's not so likely.

We had a very long and fair warning for everybody. Gox has been sending very strong insolvency signals since April 2013, and during the summer those signals piled up in such a way that anybody defending Gox during the last quarter of 2013/beginning of 2014 was either an ignorant fool, a troll or a paid shill.

They always looked like fundamentally honest people, but incompetent to the point of gross (if not criminal) negligence.
They were willingly running fractional reserve (which you CANNOT unless you are a bank - and an exchange is NOT a bank) while they were desperately trying to increase their revenues to cover the holes - in the meantime their customers were treated like fools and fed with absurd explanations that nobody with half a brain or a minimum experience in running a business could believe.

I'd suggest not prolonging the denial phase any further.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 26, 2014, 08:32:11 AM

I'm sure that Strudle is way more than OK.  He must have been making tons of money, and probably multipied that many fold by keeping people in the game at Gox for many months and thus the huge arbitrage opportunities going for much longer than I would have imagined.

Sturle got his withdrawl from 4th of January and bought a moutain of cheap goxxies even for 90 % to help out widows and orphans

in the need. Anybody else still has gotten a Sepa withdrawl  ?  The polish account still is sending money offshore and feeds back

crumps to let the ponzi roll on even after the website went dark? This CEO is a mastermind  Cheesy or are those offshore accounts

may be "technically" not only his owns ? Wink
legendary
February 26, 2014, 08:23:01 AM

I would imagine because it was produced by a consultant or somesuch working for an interested party.

If it was a consultant paid by Mt.Gox then that would mean Mt.Gox produced the document.

Anyway,  he's trying to disassociate himself with his own proposal.  That's what it look like.

Claims that everything is missing.  THe 740K includes customer accounts and Mt.Gox accounts.

Then is the interview with Fox he says...  "technically speaking, it is not lost yet, just temporarily unavailable"

In summary , he wants to keep the 740K BTC that is 'just temporarily unavailable'.

How was that proof anyway that he is still in his apartment there wasn't a date anywhere unless I missed a time stamp not that it matters anyway as Mark is a Psocyopath imo if there was mass theft he was responsible for it. Hopeuflly proof documents will be coming though obv may have been destroying all records.
legendary
February 26, 2014, 08:05:06 AM
Since Karpeles has stated that Mt.Gox will have official statement ready soon-ish, I hope that he doesn't have same perception of word soon as Blizzard (gaming company) does. To Blizzard, soon can mean years or never.

Really makes the blood boil Soonish.  Glib bastard almost as if he doesn't have a care in the world as he takes a huge dump on investors.
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 26, 2014, 08:03:42 AM

zyk
February 26, 2014, 07:58:37 AM

Its legit for the cover up you people absolutly want to believe in.....hat - off to  Mark..

the scumbag "lost" 350 million of other peoples money , plays the victim and the audiance applauds for

being fed nonsense while the cat sleeps on his keyboard,,,,buahhhbuahh Grin only in bitcoinland Wink

the insiders having sold out and nobody wants to get the memo....neither those trading records
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 07:50:23 AM

zyk
February 26, 2014, 07:32:38 AM
So all this time gox suspended withdrawls while allowing trading it was knowingly trying to get back to solvency? lol

Yup,  MtGox was trying to buy back the "lost coins" on the cheap.  

Actually, technicall that would be called "covering their short position".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...nobody who wasn´t in the know sold them "cheap" BTC for under 300 dollars...

have you ?? would you??? who did sell 750000 BTC down to a 100 bucks?...is the answer still panicked japanese even in hindsight???

how dump can one be played before realizing what happened ?

BTC is toast when this heist can be played like this - still the idiots run in IRC to get the latest "take-over" news

freeze the accounts ! - if japanese authorities refuse to protect poeple from theft then accuse Gox of moneylaundering...then they

may act  Undecided

Activity: 792
Bite me
February 26, 2014, 07:28:58 AM

February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

As there is a lot of speculation regarding MtGox and its future, I would like to use this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am still in Japan, and working very hard with the support of different parties to find a solution to our recent issues.

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles

Dear MtGox Customers,

In light of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 26, 2014, 07:28:15 AM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2014/02/25/mt-gox-ceo-says-on-internet-chat-hasnt-given-up/

In the IRC obtained by FOX Business, Karpeles denies the document was produced by Mt. Gox, but confirms that it is “more or less” legitimate.

then he goes on and saying:

“As the name suggests it’s a draft, and it’s a bunch of proposals to deal with the issue at hand, not things that are actually planned and/or done,” Karpeles said.

Going further,  how did it become a draft of proposals if Mt.Gox did not produce the document.

Anyway,  the good news:

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
February 26, 2014, 07:28:05 AM
NEW UPDATE!!!

"
February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

As there is a lot of speculation regarding MtGox and its future, I would like to use this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am still in Japan, and working very hard with the support of different parties to find a solution to our recent issues.

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles
"

Looks like it isn't over Smiley
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
February 26, 2014, 07:07:17 AM
To help mtgox acquire some more funds, maybe some people would give coins for a Karpeles on a stick?

That could be a win-win:
* financially help mtgox restart again,
* satisfy personal emotions and
* help the Bitcoin community get rid of one saboteur

I read Japan still has the death penalty, but i'm sure there exist customers in more brutal jurisdictions, too.
Well, that's a bit harsh. But they did receive a subpoena: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/26/mtgox-subpoena-idUSL3N0LV0UZ20140226
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
February 26, 2014, 07:06:57 AM
Since Karpeles has stated that Mt.Gox will have official statement ready soon-ish, I hope that he doesn't have same perception of word soon as Blizzard (gaming company) does. To Blizzard, soon can mean years or never.
Activity: 506
Merit: 500
February 26, 2014, 07:05:37 AM
I think the government seized their bitcoins. I mean, it's logical, they're lying because they are being ordered to do so, etc etc etc....
Pages:
Jump to: