Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 88. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 26, 2014, 12:01:27 AM
American1973
February 25, 2014, 11:52:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 25, 2014, 11:51:12 PM
This thread start over ten months ago, with nearly 5400 posts and over a quarter of a million views... And nobody seen this day coming.
American1973
February 25, 2014, 11:46:03 PM
American1973
February 25, 2014, 11:39:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Activity: 450
February 25, 2014, 11:03:45 PM
Fox business is a shit hole, it does not confirm anything, what it points to is a fake irc-interview with mark conducted by a SEO expert posting it on his own forum, aiming to increase views on his own forum.
Your anti-FOX hate is irrational... disagree with what they reported? Then counter the points made.

=squeak=
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 25, 2014, 10:45:03 PM
I did mention that it is unrelated
Yet you were still dying to post it.

You have something wrong with you.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 10:38:54 PM
Wow, so the fact that you heard from a friend that a french business did something dishonest once, and because Mark is French, there he must be doing something dishonest. this is incredibly racist. go back to your room.

Well, Frenchmen with Goxcoin should probably act if only out of national pride.  Cheesy

Well, the french has a reputation for being arrogant!  Grin

That's why they didn't need any help during WW1 and WW2 and the Vietnam war!   Grin
American1973
February 25, 2014, 10:33:23 PM
Can we get sturle back in here to complain about "signal to noise" in this thread?

Haha, it's all noise now.  SCREAMING.

Where you at sturle?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 10:32:03 PM
Wow, so the fact that you heard from a friend that a french business did something dishonest once, and because Mark is French, there he must be doing something dishonest. this is incredibly racist. go back to your room.

Not my intention to sound racist - I actually like French people (can speak french myself), have vacationed in France on many occasions, and think the croissant is a genius invention.

Just stating a business anecdote - and I did mention that it is unrelated and perhaps Mark should not be penalized for that. But the french do have a different cultural mentality and reality - or more permissive way of thinking in which secrets are very common in interpersonal (business?) relationships. Extramarital relationships with multiple mistresses are considered normal and there is even a french term for a "5-to-7", meaning time with your mistress after work between 5pm and 7pm before heading home to your wife. Perhaps the best example of this is the french president who left his long-standing wife for another woman and recently cheated on her with a younger french actress. Even this is not shocking in french society, but it has at least ruffled some feathers elsewhere...

Sorry, getting off the point. I'm sure Mark has treated many early customers/supporters very fairly and for that he deserves their loyalty. But he has been dishonest with recent customers over the past few months by not disclosing the serious problems in a timely manner and instead maintaining a wall of silence, cancelling fiat/bitcoin withdrawals, while still encouraging highly unethical internal trades designed to profit Mt.Gox primarily. If this is considered honest behaviour, then his new Gox.com will attract gullible new customers - good for him in that he gets yet another chance...

We can all hope that this "leaked" document was just a PR field test and that he "magically" finds a way to restore a good portion of the missing bitcoins via Gox.com next month.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 25, 2014, 10:26:03 PM

Well, Frenchmen with Goxcoin should probably act if only out of national pride.  Cheesy

Well, the french has a reputation for being arrogant!  Grin
American1973
February 25, 2014, 10:14:48 PM

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 09:52:11 PM
A friend of mine was running an international software startup many years ago that had distributor relationships with all of the major country markets worldwide and he found out that the french distributors were scheming to double-cross him behind his back with their own product after a lengthy and supposedly trustful relationship. Nothing wrong with honest competition, but they turned out to be the only dishonest (french) distributor group from all of the various distributor relationships worldwide.

Perhaps the fact that Karpeles is french should not be held against him for this particular unrelated incident. But one cannot overlook the fact that perhaps this "leaked" document is part of a very carefully orchestrated strategy to shift blame away from Mark - thus effectively allowing him to pull off the biggest scam in bitcoin history. He knows that he is viewed as incompetent - which gives him the perfect cover excuse with the general media. Incompetence does not imply the lack of extreme self-serving cunning...

If he is stupid enough to believe that a new reincarnation as "Gox.com" will survive, then anyone stupid enough to deposit funds with the new site (regardless of what the new management team will be) when it launches (supposedly next month) deserves to lose their funds in the future.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it again...

legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2014, 09:05:40 PM
How can anyone believe anything that comes out of that fat pos's mouth he is a pathological liar. 
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
February 25, 2014, 08:44:13 PM
in this

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2014/02/25/mt-gox-ceo-says-on-internet-chat-hasnt-given-up/

he seems to confirm the document

so where is our money and btc???
Fox business is a shit hole, it does not confirm anything, what it points to is a fake irc-interview with mark conducted by a SEO expert posting it on his own forum, aiming to increase views on his own forum.

What about the cat man, what about the cat? There's the bonafide evidence for you!  Cheesy
February 25, 2014, 08:38:59 PM
in this

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2014/02/25/mt-gox-ceo-says-on-internet-chat-hasnt-given-up/

he seems to confirm the document

so where is our money and btc???
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
February 25, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
Wasn't there a post in which (Roger Ver?) supposedly examined Mt. Gox's books only a couple of months ago and even he wanted to buy insider Mt. Gox bitcoin at a slight discount? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but he is very well respected so perhaps he was shown fake balance records?
He made a video last summer after Mt Gox started having problems with USD withdrawals stating that the reason for the delays in the withdrawals was not due to a lack of money in the bank accounts.
February 25, 2014, 08:01:47 PM
Wasn't there a post in which (Roger Ver?) supposedly examined Mt. Gox's books only a couple of months ago and even he wanted to buy insider Mt. Gox bitcoin at a slight discount? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but he is very well respected so perhaps he was shown fake balance records?

Unless he actually checked bank accounts himself, anything showed to him could've been faked.
Pages:
Jump to: