Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 96. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 04:04:01 AM
Hello all of you,

i just want to let you know that i've received my withdraw of 14.500Euro today. I withdrawed it in January the 3rd. Maybe Gox is still in a better mood than we all think...

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 25, 2014, 04:00:53 AM
You've been STURLED.

Humoristic timeline:

Gox halts USD withdrawals? It's just because their huge volume is overwhelming the banking system.

Gox resumes FIAT withdrawals but they arrive with weeks/months delays? It's just because the traditional banking system is unable to keep up with the demands of such a thriving and profitable business

Gox applies a 5% "ransom fee" and other measures which are obviously just desperate attempts to raise money? Well, their volume is soooo huge and their business soooo profitable that they need the ransom fee to pay the guy processing the withdrawals, otherwise he will just go on strike as he is overwhelmed by the huge volume of work.

Gox delays BTC withdrawals? It's just a minor technical bug related to Bitcoin itself, do not worry guys they have made SO MUCH MONEY in their history that they can just piss the BTC in their customer's faces.

If everything is good at Gox, why the huge spread? Just because the HERD is panicking because of FUDsters, elite traders like STURLE are making shitloads of cash by doing arbitrage/profiting from the panicking herds.

Mmmmmmmmm....

Care to give us an update now, Surle? Please give us your usual explanation on WHY Gox is not online right now, WHY they deleted all their tweets, ETC.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 25, 2014, 03:59:52 AM
At this point 744,408 BTC are missing due to malleability-related theft which went unnoticed for several years.

Edit: http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

Who wrote this?

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 25, 2014, 03:55:19 AM
They have IP logs, and forbid TOR access. Its bullshit and poor excuse for internal fraud. I hope they will get what they deserve.

I suspect they've been nothing more than a honeypot for about 10 months now.

What's freaky is that any exchange could sell their soul and flip the same switch and run the same game train right to the end.  That's the thing about cryptocoin bag of money: weightless, easy to run with.

Who knows if there was a backdoor at Gox?  I am sure their ledger will be analyzed for the next 30 years at least.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 25, 2014, 03:55:14 AM
so they couldn't even find the time to write a script to check balances against accounts to ensure they aren't leaking bitcoins.

This is also what I find too hard to swallow. Nothing is easier than checking the balance of cold wallets. How could they possibly not have known?
legendary
February 25, 2014, 03:53:05 AM
I guess then there will be no more "updates" from Gox? lol

No wonder they never gave an end date for their "withdrawal fix" they were working on and instead made a lame excuse about the protestors at their location is the reason why they can't get withdrawals working again blah blah.
legendary
February 25, 2014, 03:48:08 AM
so they couldn't even find the time to write a script to check balances against accounts to ensure they aren't leaking bitcoins.

Of course not that would mean Mark would have to stop drinking his fraps and get off is arse and do something productive.
legendary
February 25, 2014, 03:47:00 AM

Goxxed and sturled.

Congratulations to all the 'victims' who listened to the cheerleaders of those criminals.

I just quoted his last post in this thread above.

I am curious to how he is going to spin this to make MTGOX still sound "legit".

legendary
February 25, 2014, 03:45:07 AM
I have quit reading this thread due to high volume and very low signal to noise ratio.  Just stopping by announce that my 10k EUR withdrawal from January 4th changed to pending today, and will arrive tomorrow.  I have cancelled my other withdrawals to buy BTC.

@Sturle,

So how is that "low signal to noise ratio" working for ya?

Seems what most of us here have suspected is that MTGOX is insolvent and now their twitter....gone......their site....gone.....and Mark....well you know the rest...

So much for me getting that letter to you from my mother eh?

Looks like your calls and support for MTGOX were either misled or you knowingly shilled for MTGOX.

Please try to spin these recent events to sound like MTGOX is "all good" and is "a-okay!".

Unicorns, candy, and rainbows please!

Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
February 25, 2014, 03:43:08 AM
I actually can believe them losing the 700+kBTC. BTC is easy to lose.

However, I do think they have more than $20M on their bank accounts. Fiat is not easy to lose, at least at those volumes. The business looked like it was very profitable. At least there has to be an explanation of where did all the money go.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
February 25, 2014, 03:42:50 AM

Goxxed and sturled.

Congratulations to all the 'victims' who listened to the cheerleaders of those criminals.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 25, 2014, 03:42:31 AM
They have IP logs, and forbid TOR access. Its bullshit and poor excuse for internal fraud. I hope they will get what they deserve.

I suspect they've been nothing more than a honeypot for about 10 months now.

Activity: 406
February 25, 2014, 03:38:54 AM
Activity: 531
Merit: 505
February 25, 2014, 03:34:08 AM
Activity: 364
American1973
February 25, 2014, 03:32:23 AM
If it's really 700k+ BTC ($350M or so) it'll be interesting to see how many years an investigation goes on for. Every txid is public so eventually someone somewhere will do something stupid, and so it will begin, one of the best episodes of non-fiction real-life drama you've seen yet.
Gox should be able to identify every double withdrawal transaction they ever made, and they have IDs of all these customers.

They said:

1: Double spend going on for [several] years
2: From unverified accounts

Yeah, it's basically like a bag of pus that exploded.  I mean they could have been honest long before running their stupid inflated 1000 price, I mean everyone wondered wtf are they doing?  Now it's clear.  I mean deleting the website and twitter feed?  It's like CLANK the ass end just dropped right out.

Lawyers will save the world!  Yay!  Go get em boys!
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
February 25, 2014, 03:30:09 AM
Gox should be able to identify every double withdrawal transaction they ever made, and they have IDs of all these customers.
Been waiting for someone to bring this up... dingdingding
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
February 25, 2014, 03:26:51 AM
If it's really 700k+ BTC ($350M or so) it'll be interesting to see how many years an investigation goes on for. Every txid is public so eventually someone somewhere will do something stupid, and so it will begin, one of the best episodes of non-fiction real-life drama you've seen yet.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
February 25, 2014, 03:21:41 AM
how come people are still buying through bitcoinbuilder.. even at such a cheap price, isn't throwing money away??
Because Gox's future is still not certain, some want to speculate on it.
The price reflects the risks associated.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 03:19:42 AM
how come people are still buying through bitcoinbuilder.. even at such a cheap price, isn't throwing money away??
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 03:14:35 AM
All I have to say is:

Wow, just wow.

Long term this makes BitCoin better though.

No longer wild wild west bullshit. If BitCoin is here to stay we need stability.

Pages:
Jump to: