Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 95. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 06:19:16 AM
Hi guys,

Is bitcoin builder still working?

If yes, I guess it s only working for people who had already withdrew their Gox coins.

Is there by chace any crazy way to still transfer the coins from gox to bitcoin builder. Maybe the API still works??
Activity: 30
February 25, 2014, 06:10:30 AM
you need to go to source of the page

right click and source

I confirm the content of the HTML as posted... But who is going to acquire, the Yakuza? In any case it's irresponsible to f*ck up by letting no one know what is going on.
Activity: 24
February 25, 2014, 06:05:36 AM
I still see that source code in their homepage about acq. Javascript though disappeared while I was writing this post. Can't see that part anymore.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 06:02:17 AM
There it is again, 10:44 AM UTC +1:

MtGox.com

Must be gone again, I don't see it bro

It was there for about a minute or two...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 25, 2014, 06:00:03 AM
you need to go to source of the page

right click and source
Activity: 42
February 25, 2014, 05:56:45 AM

MtGox.com

Must be gone again, I don't see it bro
Activity: 89
February 25, 2014, 05:56:13 AM
Who wrote this?
That's a very good question. It's quite possible that it's fake. I've been bugging news outlets to insist that the guy who posted it post the actual file, not a link to scribd, so that forensic tools can be used on the source.

It also might be something someone at Mt. Gox planted, to direct attention away from internal theft and discourage efforts to force what's left of Mt. Gox into bankruptcy now.

This document is very clearly fake.

document is fake indeed. you can notice at some slide there is a background pyramid + GOAT on it.
February 25, 2014, 05:45:14 AM

MtGox.com

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 25, 2014, 05:44:47 AM
Perhaps they don't know how to write a PHP comment.
Don't be so naive.

The designer clearly wanted to help whoever was gonna follow him with that placeholder.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
February 25, 2014, 05:33:46 AM
Acq = acquirement?

Acquisition perhaps.

That would be very good news, I think.

By the way, that () is an HTML comment. Perhaps they don't know how to write a PHP comment, which would not be sent to the users' web browsers. HTML comments go straight through to the browser, which is why we can see this one in the page's source code.

I just checked—it's still there on https://www.mtgox.com/ .
February 25, 2014, 05:20:12 AM
look at the source of the mtgox.com page:

MtGox.com

this wasn't there a couple of minutes ago.

Acq = acquirement?

I saw even more code than that (async javascript sending clientIP etc.), but was to fast with refreshing, so I don't have a snippet/proof...
Activity: 1
February 25, 2014, 05:11:04 AM
look at the source of the mtgox.com page:

MtGox.com

this wasn't there a couple of minutes ago.

Acq = acquirement?
Activity: 71
February 25, 2014, 05:00:42 AM
FYI, I made an international wire from the UK to the bank in Poland and ask to cancel the transfer last week. I called my bank again today to get an update on the situation and they said they couldn't cancel the transfer because the Bank in Poland couldn't contact Gox to confirm the cancellation of the payment.

I am trying to contact the bank in Poland but their international wire transfer team is not picking the phone at the moment.

That's definitely not good news, not even the bank in Poland can get in touch with their client! and I think i just lost that money....... fuck

I just did it on Monday morning for about $15,000 from US. They processed it this morning (this was before the news came out) – is it too late to cancel it from my bank? It's supposed to go to the bank in Tokyo. Sad

When you say they processed it this morning, do you mean Gox? or your bank?
you should call your bank asap to confirm what you can do. You may still be on time.

I tried to cancel it 2.5 days later and it looks like it was too late.
Activity: 54
February 25, 2014, 04:53:13 AM
FYI, I made an international wire from the UK to the bank in Poland and ask to cancel the transfer last week. I called my bank again today to get an update on the situation and they said they couldn't cancel the transfer because the Bank in Poland couldn't contact Gox to confirm the cancellation of the payment.

I am trying to contact the bank in Poland but their international wire transfer team is not picking the phone at the moment.

That's definitely not good news, not even the bank in Poland can get in touch with their client! and I think i just lost that money....... fuck

I just did it on Monday morning for about $15,000 from US. They processed it this morning (this was before the news came out) – is it too late to cancel it from my bank? It's supposed to go to the bank in Tokyo. Sad
Activity: 71
February 25, 2014, 04:49:01 AM

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
February 25, 2014, 04:47:19 AM
Who wrote this?
That's a very good question. It's quite possible that it's fake. I've been bugging news outlets to insist that the guy who posted it post the actual file, not a link to scribd, so that forensic tools can be used on the source.

It also might be something someone at Mt. Gox planted, to direct attention away from internal theft and discourage efforts to force what's left of Mt. Gox into bankruptcy now.

This document is very clearly fake.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
February 25, 2014, 04:42:03 AM
This is also what I find too hard to swallow. Nothing is easier than checking the balance of cold wallets. How could they possibly not have known?
This is what I've been wondering since I first heard about it too. My guess is that Karpeles is a fairly high IQ nerd who is used to be right, so he just assumes that he's figured out how to test each step of the process perfectly. That means there's no need to do even the most basic sanity tests for the whole of the system.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 25, 2014, 04:34:29 AM
Who wrote this?

it may be fake, but the latest development at gox (trading halted, site gone, twitter gone, the combined press release by other bitcoin actors, ..) makes me think its probably not.

As for who wrote it; assuming its legit, it reads like something that a major shareholder or otherwise stake holder might write. Someone at the bitcoin foundation?

Sure does explain the $100 price at gox though, someone with deep pockets knew. And that was always my fear, that the low price at gox wasnt caused by panic due to whats known publicly (made no sense) but by someone with big wallet and inside info.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
February 25, 2014, 04:26:20 AM
Who wrote this?

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 25, 2014, 04:09:33 AM
It's only going to get worse as coin prices rise, because like dude above who had 63 BTC at Gox, that's a damn decent amount, he ain't gonna forget that. So as we know coin will go up, that's a bitter pill to swallow.  They really just drove it into the dirt, should have stopped trading weeks ago or at least revealed the double spend "crimes".
Pages:
Jump to: