Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 64. (Read 827303 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Excellent software

Just wondering is it possible to mine coins based on difficulty that are not yet listed on CoinChoose?
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Do we know the frequencies to OC it on Scrypt-only mode? I haven't seen a published list.

You can try 900, 950, and 1000 but I tend to get more HW errors starting at 900.

Will do. I have some cooling on it (just a little fan), so we'll see if I can successfully OC it to 900.

Also, re this post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5622893

To clarify what "shut off" means. I find that after a few hours, the unit stops sending any accepted shares, and little yellow light on the front, that is usually on when it's working, turns off. So that's what I mean when I say say "shut off."

nwoolls: any thoughts on this? The unit still "shuts off" and never runs consistently. I know you mentioned there's a driver issue? Any chance it'll be resolved in the next release?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That is great news.
It is a great project that is for sure.

Thread now pinned for being an actively maintained and used project.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Thread now pinned for being an actively maintained and used project.
Activity: 210
Nwools, there's a new coin-choosing app that was just announced.  Might be a good alternate for your Coinchoose/Coinwarz woes - if they support APIs...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-whatminecom-x11-13-15-cryptonight-nist5-mining-profitability-calculator-524870
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Great work.
Too bad I don't use an iphone.  Looks great.

Both Android and Windows Phone updates will be coming very shortly with the same feature set.

I got my problem fixed.  An extra --api was hiding and kept sticking when I would retype.  I had some help it's all good.

Nice - glad you got it fixed.

I also updated the firmware again while I was down.  LOL  It never ends.

Tell me about it  Grin
legendary
It's there.
Just right click or double click on them and you can rename them.

Another nice option would be the ability to name/give label to Miners in the software. I dont think that should be too hard?
Activity: 168
Another nice option would be the ability to name/give label to Miners in the software. I dont think that should be too hard?
legendary
Great work.
Too bad I don't use an iphone.  Looks great.

I got my problem fixed.  An extra --api was hiding and kept sticking when I would retype.  I had some help it's all good.
I also updated the firmware again while I was down.  LOL  It never ends.

This has been submitted to Apple and should be available in under a week.
legendary
Now I cannot get it to mine.
I knew I was playing with fire.  LOL  It has been running between 83 gh/s and 86 gh/s solid for weeks.  I add one line to the api that should not change anything and it stops mining. 
I have the worst luck.
I will figure that out and then get back to you with the info.  Thanks.

That is the log.  Nothing else happens.  It is odd.  I have even removed the API arguments to run it from stock and cold booted. 

Sorry - I mean in MultiMiner. Right-click and click API Monitor. Look for the "devs" API calls that are going to your Avalon (I'll get IP and Port in that window now that it does remote APIs). You can use CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy out the values

You should see something like MHS 5s=10000 or MHS 10s=10000 etc. I need to know what the Xs number is.
That is the log.  Nothing else happens.  It is odd.  I have even removed the API arguments to run it from stock and cold booted. 

Sorry - I mean in MultiMiner. Right-click and click API Monitor. Look for the "devs" API calls that are going to your Avalon (I'll get IP and Port in that window now that it does remote APIs). You can use CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy out the values

You should see something like MHS 5s=10000 or MHS 10s=10000 etc. I need to know what the Xs number is.
legendary

Hi Nate,
When I add the --log 5 to the front or after --api-allow it gives me this error and will not connect to mine.
Code:
[Firmware Version] => 20140227
cgminer:
cgminer-openwrt-packages: bb677a2+
luci: d2fe67a
Socket connect failed: Connection refused
I am stumped.

Can you check the API Log for the entries for your Avalon and then let me know how the current hashrate is reported? Probably something like "MHS 20s".

The --log argument should only affect how often the miner polls for statistics, nothing to do with the API access.
Hi Nate,
When I add the --log 5 to the front or after --api-allow it gives me this error and will not connect to mine.
Code:
cgminer:
I am stumped.

Can you check the API Log for the entries for your Avalon and then let me know how the current hashrate is reported? Probably something like "MHS 20s".

The --log argument should only affect how often the miner polls for statistics, nothing to do with the API access.
legendary
Hi Nate,
Code:
cgminer:
I am stumped.

I had it in there before.  Would this be the correct order for it?
Code:
--log 5 --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0/24

More weirdness with the Avalon reporting.
It still reports on each instance of MuMi just not the current hash rate.
Now it shows as running in MobileMiner but does not show the hash rate anymore.  This just started a couple hours ago.
The Avalon is running great with no issues.
I have no idea what is wrong.  I have tried everything.  Could you help me please?

You need to add --log 5 to the arguments for the Avalon. That should make the current hashrate show in both MultiMiner and MobileMiner.
Possibly. Lets say I rent it out for 24 hours then it needs to revert to my pool...not sure how that would work. And does this do the quote every day? I contract in 24 hour blocks and then it is over unless they buy another.

Gotcha - no I don't think it would work for short term contracts like that. If you want to follow up in private we can discuss what it would take to do something like this. I'm assuming you'd need to keep entering new pool info for new customers, etc. You can contact me via DM on here or via email (in my sig).

Done. Thanks!
Possibly. Lets say I rent it out for 24 hours then it needs to revert to my pool...not sure how that would work. And does this do the quote every day? I contract in 24 hour blocks and then it is over unless they buy another.

Gotcha - no I don't think it would work for short term contracts like that. If you want to follow up in private we can discuss what it would take to do something like this. I'm assuming you'd need to keep entering new pool info for new customers, etc. You can contact me via DM on here or via email (in my sig).
Antminer S1 over the network.

Are you able to calculate the split based on a percentage rather than hours-a-day? If so you should be able (in theory) to setup the S1 to use the quota argument found in CGMiner to split the work between multiple pools, e.g.:

Code:
--quota '25;url' -u user -p pass --quota '25;url' -u user -p pass --quota '50;url' -u user -p pass

It doesn't need to add up to 100 either. This would be within the cgminer config file on the S1.

Are you able to calculate the split based on a percentage rather than hours-a-day? If so you should be able (in theory) to setup the S1 to use the quota argument found in CGMiner to split the work between multiple pools, e.g.:

Code:
--quota '25;url' -u user -p pass --quota '25;url' -u user -p pass --quota '50;url' -u user -p pass

It doesn't need to add up to 100 either. This would be within the cgminer config file on the S1.
I rent out, or do mining contracts for 12h increments. So I have to setup manual reminders and go in and manually change the pool back to my pool or the next user's pool. It would be nice to automate this somehow.

Are they physical devices connected to MultiMiner or are they Network Devices that MultiMiner discovered?

Pages:
Jump to: