Pages:
Author

Topic: Multiple Round ICOs? - page 3. (Read 1356 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
October 20, 2019, 06:38:40 AM
I've seen such icos, which open a lot of rounds to get the funds because the previous soft cap has not been reached. But depending on the investors they believe or not if there is an additional round for additional funds.
Not freelancing also from the scammer that made the ICO in the early successful, but in the next round, they escaped.
So there must be a positive and negative impact on both of them.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
October 18, 2019, 06:53:13 PM
I've seen a lot of ICOs who had multiple rounds of crowd funding. Some even extend their crowd funding event to make sure that they have enough money to develop the project. I actually invested in an ICO 2 years ago and had forgot about it, it almost took them a year and up till now I haven't had any news if they were able to finish their ICO. I didn't bother too much since it is just a small amount of money. Most projects delay their launch date if they think it is needed to be done.

This is the setbacks of ICO. The more they delay the more suspicion that they are scam or fraud. It is much better to start a project and made update to investor once you got funds. Some extend the ICO  thinking that more will come to join and shell out their cash. Its 2019 and more than half of that ICO has failed.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
October 18, 2019, 10:45:29 AM
many ICOs are like that and in the end when they enter the market the price falls below the ICO price. recently like Curio at the beginning of the ICO they sold tokens at a price of $ 1 when entering the market the price dropped to $ 0.2 it's very sad
It can't be handled since the situations inside is still not favoring new projects. supports after the listing is not that much and the developers needs the fund
to continue the development of their coin. There's no assurance that even they've met the hard cap means that they'll be able to catch up and bring profits
to their investors. If you can find other projects better to stay out from multiple ico round as the chance is slim to succeed.
Merit: 100
October 18, 2019, 10:18:02 AM
many ICOs are like that and in the end when they enter the market the price falls below the ICO price. recently like Curio at the beginning of the ICO they sold tokens at a price of $ 1 when entering the market the price dropped to $ 0.2 it's very sad
True, it is very clear that the curio token is currently experiencing a very severe price reduction on the exchange probit, whereas when it was first listed on the exchange probit, the price had risen above $ 1, so bounty participants and investors were disappointed with the curio project .
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
October 18, 2019, 08:57:45 AM
There are a lot of ICOs who did this though I don't have the name of projects by now. These projects usually did this not just because of the additional funds that they needed but of course, they have considered the market condition especially last year wherein market is really down and many holders lost the amount that they had in 2017. Currently, I am with Freelanex, not an ICO but an IEO but they will have 3 rounds.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
October 18, 2019, 08:55:58 AM
Have you heard of ICOs with multiple rounds? Like they raise a certain amount of money now, use that money for primary aims and goals, and then a few months/years down the line (as part of their original plan) launch a second round to fund additional goals and further project development? Just wondering if this is a thing, if so please provide me with some links to projects that have done so.

Now almost every project spends how many rounds of ICO. In principle, it works like this, the first round with a big discount or bonuses to attract part of the money well and see how the community reacts to their offer. Next, the next round starts, which has less discounts and bonuses. However, there are such cases, especially now, when fees are going badly and projects are making more and more rounds in the hope of raising funds. I am worried about the fact that project admins set unrealistic amounts for soft cap and hard cap. Of course, I understand everything that the more money the better, but for such money as they want to raise, you can do a lot of things, but in fact, every project turns out to be a dummy. Based on this, I can conclude that a few rounds of ICOs are just an opportunity to raise at least some kind of money.

Yes, that is their strategy, but there are ICO during its peak season that they were be able to raised funds during their private sale, so they don't need for rounds in public sale. It was happy to see ICO during those times that almost all are almost hitting their sales in just a short period of time, unlike today that even IEO, it is hard for a project to raise fund.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 255
October 18, 2019, 08:51:04 AM
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
October 18, 2019, 08:45:46 AM
Have you heard of ICOs with multiple rounds? Like they raise a certain amount of money now, use that money for primary aims and goals, and then a few months/years down the line (as part of their original plan) launch a second round to fund additional goals and further project development? Just wondering if this is a thing, if so please provide me with some links to projects that have done so.

Now almost every project spends how many rounds of ICO. In principle, it works like this, the first round with a big discount or bonuses to attract part of the money well and see how the community reacts to their offer. Next, the next round starts, which has less discounts and bonuses. However, there are such cases, especially now, when fees are going badly and projects are making more and more rounds in the hope of raising funds. I am worried about the fact that project admins set unrealistic amounts for soft cap and hard cap. Of course, I understand everything that the more money the better, but for such money as they want to raise, you can do a lot of things, but in fact, every project turns out to be a dummy. Based on this, I can conclude that a few rounds of ICOs are just an opportunity to raise at least some kind of money.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
October 18, 2019, 08:39:28 AM
I left with find ICO run with multiple phase, now I interested with invest on IEO without have multiple phase for coin sell, I will join ICO if coin sell based on how road map schedule by team and owner, without during how road map have make by team ICO I will left and never investing with ICO have multiple round for selling coin, excatly second phase is enough for selling an ICO coin.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 251
October 18, 2019, 08:38:46 AM
depending on the investor, if they believe in it they will provide additional funds when the next ico is held, but this is not separated also from the scamer I mean they make an ico with a low softcap in round 1 then continue in round 2 raise the sc.
so it's not all good and all bad, you really have to pay attention to the development of the project.
Merit: 256
October 18, 2019, 08:38:03 AM
Lots of this happens in new projects. Some even reached round 3. The possibility of this is only 2, first, they sell with the reason to distinguish which early bird and which are ordinary investors. Cheaper prices in the first round or usually called presale or private sale. Until the next round where all the coins are sold out. Second, the next round occurred because in round 1 the hardcap was not fulfilled so a further round was opened to meet the target.

These are tactics of developers to pool in as much funds as possible and now most of the project does that with cheeky terms like bonus rounds and all,  I think it's a waste of time as resource which shows lack of planning and improper execution in the first round which makes it spill to other rounds.  Nowadays investors are bit hesitant to invest after a disastourous last year so developer needs to win the trust back with genuine projects.
Yes, you are right. They really are not mature enough in that regard. That way, their roadmap can be messy because of the unexpected round 2. If I saw from my experience, if it has entered round 2 because the funds are not collected properly, then it is certain that the coin will be ignored or the roadmap does not work properly.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
October 18, 2019, 08:34:14 AM
I've seen a lot of ICOs who had multiple rounds of crowd funding. Some even extend their crowd funding event to make sure that they have enough money to develop the project. I actually invested in an ICO 2 years ago and had forgot about it, it almost took them a year and up till now I haven't had any news if they were able to finish their ICO. I didn't bother too much since it is just a small amount of money. Most projects delay their launch date if they think it is needed to be done.
To be honest, I don't want to complain too much about ICO projects with many rounds but from my experience, I see most ICO projects launch many rounds and call for funding, the rate and success of these projects is very low because my first thought about these projects is that they don't have confidence to attract enough capital, so they need to create many rounds to help the project lengthen and attract more people. However, this road only reduces confidence from investors when the time is too long, the stagnation always makes people have aversion.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
October 18, 2019, 07:35:52 AM
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
October 18, 2019, 07:30:43 AM
Lots of this happens in new projects. Some even reached round 3. The possibility of this is only 2, first, they sell with the reason to distinguish which early bird and which are ordinary investors. Cheaper prices in the first round or usually called presale or private sale. Until the next round where all the coins are sold out. Second, the next round occurred because in round 1 the hardcap was not fulfilled so a further round was opened to meet the target.

These are tactics of developers to pool in as much funds as possible and now most of the project does that with cheeky terms like bonus rounds and all,  I think it's a waste of time as resource which shows lack of planning and improper execution in the first round which makes it spill to other rounds.  Nowadays investors are bit hesitant to invest after a disastourous last year so developer needs to win the trust back with genuine projects.
Merit: 256
October 18, 2019, 07:25:05 AM
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
October 18, 2019, 06:04:50 AM
Usually a project should have 2 rounds of ICO's but when it happens to have multiple rounds then the project didn't raise the necessary funds and the lack of investors force them to make another round with another discount which can be dangerous for the previous investors. When someones sees projects with multiple rounds of ICO's , just stay away , its better and safer.
I have seen a few times that many reputable projects can be resold, even though they are listed on major exchanges. As I remember, something like this happened in MAN. The year after the end of the ICO, ICO should have been. There are those who remember this project. IMO if the project is respectable, nobody will be doubtful and we will have full confidence in everything devs do.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
October 18, 2019, 05:50:04 AM
It has been done most of the time, first round will be pre-ico, which they will raise fund for the implementation they need, and any other development or to start their product. Next is ICO which they use to fund the whole project including the listing in any exchange.
In my experience before, I have experience second round ICO, which will happend several months after the ICO, I'm not quite sure if this is still happening till today.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
October 18, 2019, 05:37:04 AM
I think the first round of ICO is done to meet up the preliminary expenses related to a business which will be utilized to check the feasibility of business and it's projections. Moreover sometimes even the pilot testing stage is done using these funds and after they are pretty much sure that business is feasible and can bolster then they launch the second round of ICO. But personally I feel ICOs aren't actually implementing these things. I think they just do this so that they can actually crowdfund more money in the second round because the buzz has been already created. Generally the main crowdfunding the second one and the fist one is just pre-sale.
Activity: 756
Merit: 101
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
October 18, 2019, 05:34:29 AM
in general, ICO sales are divided into 2 phases, Pre-ICO, and ICO. however, at the time of the ICO, sometimes they made the ICO part into several rounds. it is used to accelerate the achievement of investment, such as Round 1 must collect $ 100k, Round 2 $ 50k, and Round 3 $ 25k. every round maybe the price of the token will always increase. I think that is one of the sales techniques and quite a lot of projects like that.
Of course, these are sales techniques, but the question is different: do these sales techniques work? not stupid investors remained on the market now and they understand when to buy - after listing))
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
October 18, 2019, 05:21:20 AM
as parts with works on manage to gives with notables on quote as possession with limit of numbers with capital to helps as beginning of terms with extensive manage on plan with the projects the returns to refer with shifts on stages to attains on field as complying with works on higher terms of tasks as completion.

Pages:
Jump to: