Pages:
Author

Topic: Multiple Round ICOs? - page 6. (Read 1356 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 10
September 06, 2019, 03:00:14 AM
I'm sorry that I don't have links to such projects, because when I realize that a roadmap is not good and the money is less then I will ignore them.
In the crypto market, in order to develop a good product and business, they need to estimate the costs that businesses have to spend every year.
If they keep calling for capital and refuse to come up with cost-cutting strategies, it's a sign of failure.
Activity: 679
Merit: 254
September 06, 2019, 02:36:55 AM
Have you heard of ICOs with multiple rounds? Like they raise a certain amount of money now, use that money for primary aims and goals, and then a few months/years down the line (as part of their original plan) launch a second round to fund additional goals and further project development? Just wondering if this is a thing, if so please provide me with some links to projects that have done so.
Here

https://moozicore.com/
http://www.farm2kitchen.com/
https://translateme.network/
https://origin.foundation/
https://bolttcoin.io/
https://mymach.io/

Most of them do a token sale more than 3 rounds and then most of them do an IEO on Probit Exchange
They just another money grabber...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
September 06, 2019, 01:39:08 AM
I think doing an ICO in stages is quite responsible, and could be an indicator of a good project. Initially they try to raise enough money to get them started, then later on if they are doing well they offer people the chance to judge them on their progress so far by offering a further sale at higher prices. For me, this is much better than those projects that just try to raise as much as they can at the very beginning, with nothing to show except a roadmap.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
September 06, 2019, 12:10:19 AM
Have you heard of ICOs with multiple rounds? Like they raise a certain amount of money now, use that money for primary aims and goals, and then a few months/years down the line (as part of their original plan) launch a second round to fund additional goals and further project development? Just wondering if this is a thing, if so please provide me with some links to projects that have done so.

If ever I saw an ICO that has a multiple rounds from round 1 to Round 6, usually I never join in that particular projects, because most of the time that projects ended up into scam, aside from very long period of running they are cheaters and deceiver to their community and mostly they said promises and hyped people to buy their token it is good and has a good plan.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586
September 05, 2019, 11:49:46 PM

Yes, I often see ICO that has finished the first round, but they continue the second round. In fact, they changed the name of the token in the second round, while in the first round it was finished. LUCRE (LCR) is an ICO that has been completed in the first stage. Now they change the symbols from LCR to LCRT, and the LCR tokens they have shared are not working. I don't understand what they are doing right now.
This type of token is nothing but a pure scam, because if you have finished raising fund from the first sales, why come the second time again to raise the second time, and then changing name, this is how most scammer do operate. I know we have some projects that are do raise fund twice, but those ones make their intention known to the public and they never finish raising fund at the initial stage.

The initial stage is what they use to raise the fund that they will use temporarily to sort out some things that requires development while they pause to act based in the  first fund that they receive and then come back the second time to raise fund that will complete the project for them, and most of these ones are usually very serious projects with real use case.
Activity: 721
Merit: 19
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
September 04, 2019, 10:20:16 AM

Yes, I often see ICO that has finished the first round, but they continue the second round. In fact, they changed the name of the token in the second round, while in the first round it was finished. LUCRE (LCR) is an ICO that has been completed in the first stage. Now they change the symbols from LCR to LCRT, and the LCR tokens they have shared are not working. I don't understand what they are doing right now.
Activity: 250
September 02, 2019, 06:30:24 PM
that just normal for most ICO's rightnow , 1st round giving much bonus and get lower and lower every round
but sometimes that the cause of that coin always having dump on their 1st time on exchange and who get loss is the people who buy at the last round
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
September 02, 2019, 12:37:38 PM
I have seen some of those types of projects, once the first ICO or most times pre-ico is successful and they set out to develop their platform, in the near future they will still carry out another round of ICO to source for more funds. On the other hand too, is projects which still sell tokens on their website or platform even after a successful ICO. Nevertheless, it depends on the genuineness of the project, there are some which succeeds with the multiple round ICO and some that won't.
copper member
Activity: 714
Merit: 5
September 02, 2019, 12:02:00 PM
Projects usually divide ICOs into rounds, but they continue over and over until the goal is reached or the deadline is reached. But projects like you said may not be normal, I think you should not join such projects.
Activity: 332
Merit: 11
September 02, 2019, 07:06:39 AM
it is natural that their plans or roadmaps in such development, there have been many ICOs that I have met at the moment and in the process of taking so long. like the mycro jobs project. mycro jobs also does IEO besides ICO.
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
September 02, 2019, 06:04:43 AM
This is not good, if the project has a good idea, there is a finished product or mvp, good marketing, then the entire amount is collected at the pre-sale stage. All this tedious stretching of time for rounds, all this is a sign of the scam, I immediately remember the Orbis project, which raises funds for the second year and continues to do so, deceiving the participants of the bounty and leaving without payment.
Activity: 242
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
September 02, 2019, 05:39:33 AM

Typically, each new project has two rounds of fundraising. The first round is called pre-sales or pre ICO. In this round, the development team usually attracts large investors by offering them the greatest discounts.
This is followed by a round of the main ICO, when everyone can invest.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
September 02, 2019, 04:52:15 AM
I think this has been common to ICOS that reached only their softcap, they need to collect more funds so another rounds of ICOS has been implemented well now in a form of IEO. The main reason i think is because they didn't collect enough funds to develop their project so they conduct a succeeding ICO or IEO to reach their goal.
They have been doing that even before IEO was established, to just recently that harmony did it first, I think harmony started their project through ICO first and then later took it to binance IEO after they could not meet up with their funds request on time in the ICO market, but prior to now, we have had so many projects that usually give space for their fund raising deliberately.

I guess those are the one that usually have real use case, they raise little money first to prepare fully for the project and then put some things in place ahead of the major development while they come back to raise more money for the bigger development, at the early development, they must settled anything that has o do with exchanges, and once they are through with second stage, you see them entering exchange immediately.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1207
August 30, 2019, 02:55:25 AM
Launching ICOs many times is a means to raise as much as budget to fund project goals and ideas. It is also a means of increasing price of token.

That doesnt make any sense. Why project make new ICO rounds, when the best scenario is "sell everything in the first round and reach soft/hard caps". "Launching ICOs many times" means there is no interest in the project. No one wants to buy it.

How can lots if ICO rounds increase token price? If the project didnt sell all tokens on the first round at the price X (so it makes another ICO round), why would someone wants to buy it with the price X+2 ?
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
August 30, 2019, 12:43:39 AM
I think this has been common to ICOS that reached only their softcap, they need to collect more funds so another rounds of ICOS has been implemented well now in a form of IEO. The main reason i think is because they didn't collect enough funds to develop their project so they conduct a succeeding ICO or IEO to reach their goal.
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
August 30, 2019, 12:28:19 AM
There are many projects that have held ICOs many times and on many dates. One of them is moozicore, https://medium.com/@moozicore/the-1st-round-of-the-moozicore-ieo-on-exmarkets-exchange-has-been-successfully-completed-2e71d8e7b984.
Launching ICOs many times is a means to raise as much as budget to fund project goals and ideas. It is also a means of increasing price of token.
Activity: 370
Merit: 1
August 29, 2019, 08:42:44 PM
Yes it's possible some projects don't wait for long before another round of ICOs. Mot times they do this in order to give room for development to have an MVP in between a set time frame other just to raise enough funds for their project development.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 29, 2019, 08:28:16 PM
I think a multiple round ICO is a good thing so long as they pay between rounds. It will mean there will be less initial dumping and more time to hold for later profits. It gives bounty hunters some time to think about their next move. Maybe some will even hold and decide the bounty treated them well so they will be loyal. A loyal bounty program will increase the chances for a successful project and good value token.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
August 29, 2019, 06:36:02 PM
That could be really a good idea for honest ICOs. Why they need to raise all money at once? Then they are not motivated to do something, they grab money and leave the market, but if they see that they have to do something for money, they will work.  Cool

I think that is their main goal here, to raise as much money as they can in the first round so that they can continue with the development of their project. There are expenses that needs to be settled behind that is why it is very important to reach soft cap or even hard cap in the early stage. Assuming that they didn't they another round is needed. My only concern is that if they didn't raise money for the first time, then what are the chances of the project to survived if people are not going to be interested anymore?
Activity: 2968
Merit: 687
August 29, 2019, 06:32:52 PM
Never ever heard such thing because usually or a typical ICO does normally have pre-sale,main sale and I didn't head out about another round of funding after some several months or a year after.If there were projects like that then usually they cant get much funding on 2nd phase unless if they able to convince the previous investors to put up money and see some development on the works rather than having no updates or just an imaginary project hanging.We know that majority of projects nowadays are frauds or doesn't deliver something new and keeps on copying already existed project ideas and repeat the same process over and over again as long they would able to extract out some money from the community and since you've ask this,have you seen one project do have this multiple round ico? if yes then I'm pretty sure they would failed up or even on the first or initial phase.
Pages:
Jump to: