Pages:
Author

Topic: Multiple Round ICOs? - page 8. (Read 1356 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
August 18, 2019, 12:51:58 PM
Previously, there were many projects that did this and that was very reasonable. But now it seems that there are not many more even no more projects that do ICO in several periods for development. All completed from stage to stage, at least 3 months a long time to do ICO.
They are trying to reached the actual funds that needed to complete the project and make it sure that the progress will happen, many of those ICO's are
just doing nothing even doing multiple rounds of sale period or even they've collected the hard cap but nothing being provided to the supporters and
become nothing at all but just a broken promises that can't be reliable.
Activity: 840
Merit: 100
August 18, 2019, 12:30:56 PM
I think it's normal ICOs with multiple rounds and i've seen in some ICO project. I think they still have allocations for the next ICO for development of their project.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
August 18, 2019, 10:25:54 AM
Have you heard of ICOs with multiple rounds? Like they raise a certain amount of money now, use that money for primary aims and goals, and then a few months/years down the line (as part of their original plan) launch a second round to fund additional goals and further project development? Just wondering if this is a thing, if so please provide me with some links to projects that have done so.

I don't remember the names of those projects, but there are coins that do several rounds of ICO, they sell their team shares or shares that they've locked and plan to sell in the future, of course, it should clearly detailed in their roadmap, and they already have products to back it up.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
August 18, 2019, 10:01:43 AM
Multiple model of ico is a good model to rise some funds. Why I think so? Because investors have a warranty and proof of existing company. Short ico's without rounds is not so good like multiple rounds which runs about months or even a few months so people can check the project and to be proof in their existing and can believe them.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
August 18, 2019, 08:06:23 AM
Previously, there were many projects that did this and that was very reasonable. But now it seems that there are not many more even no more projects that do ICO in several periods for development. All completed from stage to stage, at least 3 months a long time to do ICO.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
August 18, 2019, 07:51:22 AM
Have you heard of ICOs with multiple rounds? Like they raise a certain amount of money now, use that money for primary aims and goals, and then a few months/years down the line (as part of their original plan) launch a second round to fund additional goals and further project development? Just wondering if this is a thing, if so please provide me with some links to projects that have done so.
Yes, I guess it's just normal specially if the money they have raised initially is not enough to push the project to the next level. I'm sorry though but I can't provide some links but I have seen this in the past.

Project plans changes a lot, there could be roadmaps initially but as it move forward there could be changes that can affect the budget of the project so it's necessary that another round for additional fundings. What I don't like is that project changing the rules of the bounty in the end or at the middle because they failed to raise the funds needed.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
August 18, 2019, 07:29:35 AM
Do not invest into ICOs that hold token sale for 1 year. Look on the most successful ICOs, they raised money in few days.  Wink
Activity: 546
August 18, 2019, 07:28:54 AM

Trust me, that ICO is will not do anything good in the end. Two rounds is acceptable but doing it for 3rd and so on and it's going on for a year then it is really bad. I have seen many ICOs reached their softcap but they were showing their true greed when they want to reach close to hardcap. Those ICOs are looking for a quick profit more than the investors.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
August 18, 2019, 07:15:47 AM
The entire point of splitting ICO/IEO rounds into multiple phases is to reach out to the investors in a way that makes it seem that investing in earlier rounds ends up being the most profitable. Offers like X% discount or bonus tokens on the first round, (X/2), (X/4) and so on for subsequent rounds attracts a lot of investors to buy into the project earlier in exchange for a chance at making more profit.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
August 17, 2019, 06:49:36 PM
reasonable or not there are binding conditions. So it is very important for us to examine the roadmap of the project that will be supported. projects from professional developers will definitely carry out activities according to the targets in the roadmap, all scheduled and on target. In recent years, IEO has become more popular, so some projects that have done ico some time ago decided to gain greater investor confidence through Ieo.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
August 17, 2019, 06:44:59 PM
I do not think i have such an ICO at hand and neither have I seen it. Then for such a project to function properly, there might be a problem, because investors could have lost interest in it, if it is taking too much time.
The multiple rounds can be done within a short time frame, that on it's own will make things better.
copper member
Activity: 376
Merit: 1
August 17, 2019, 05:52:03 PM
Honestly I do not believe in ICO's that take so long in selling their tokens, a lot of those that come with so many rounds and span so long often end in disappointing investors. The shorter the better
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
July 28, 2019, 02:16:51 PM
There are many projects like this especially now and main reason is the slowness in the ico market and difficulty to raise decent funds that is why now icos try to do extended fund raise campaigns in different phases.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
July 28, 2019, 02:16:22 PM
some common thing,we know market have a high fluctuaction recently, and for some reason , the dev have plan to make it multiple round.
the most reason it for make a price better after release to the market.
another common reason is for waiting the bull come or bearish end.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 28, 2019, 01:53:04 PM

This is the approach of a every ICO, that is there several stages of sales, Private sales which a very cheap for heavy investors only, public privates, and then several other rounds of ICO with price increasing gradually.
Activity: 625
July 28, 2019, 01:30:57 PM

I think that 90% of the second rounds are cheaters who want to collect a maximum of ideas. Unless of course the project did not provide serious reasons for the extension. Say some of the projects of the ICO after the fees made additional rounds in the form of an IEO. But such projects are not reached HardCap on the ICO can be understood.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
July 28, 2019, 01:17:45 PM

This is a good idea to take but unfortunately, I do not know if there's any project that takes this initiative, I think we don't have one yet, they all want to sell all their tokens and get as many funds as they can, sometimes they do ICO then IEO without any platform to present to investors.
Activity: 994
Merit: 261
July 28, 2019, 12:45:12 PM
I appreciate those who continue to make ICO sales until they reach the hard cap target, they are seriously involved in building the project and not in a hurry. But it doesn't matter if they stop selling, but the project is still running, but most of them are desperate to stop selling and the project dies.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
July 28, 2019, 12:27:48 PM

I haven't heard of any but this model would surely fail the token and project at's really difficult to achieve visible progress in limited amount of time.
Even companies like spaceX fails to deliver on time, business is not always a profit but not being deviated due to losses.
Investors would not trust a project that brings ICO in multiple rounds as the first ones would be frustrated to wait.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
July 28, 2019, 12:15:41 PM
it is normal to have different stage of ICO/
at first there are presale and public sale so what we are looking on this?
ICO is an ICO as long as it is legit then its all good./
Pages:
Jump to: