Pages:
Author

Topic: My eth is hacked ........ - page 3. (Read 12613 times)

Activity: 1587
Merit: 271
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
October 27, 2019, 09:39:42 AM
Cannot return lost tokens or coins.. Cryptocurrecy is keeping before stolen, not taking back the stolen. My advice, do not ever store data on your desktop, because the windows system is vulnerable to viruses. If your computer has a problem with Windows, the system will also be reset, and the data will also be lost. The safest data is stored using notepad and rar. If you save data using Microsoft Office it is also vulnerable to viruses, and data cannot be opened.
so many people store their data in google tables. I ve read that this is not the safest place to store data - therefore, it is best to store your password on a USB flash drive
Google Drive is indeed not a safe place to store private data. In Google Drive where you store public data.
We can lock data, but it can be published accidentally.
USB drive is a problem if it is damaged, or lost. But this rarely happens.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
October 12, 2019, 03:14:53 AM
First off, get a new wallet, because that hackers ca control your wallet already. its quite unfortunate the asset cant be recovered again. you have to let go and hopefully learn a lesson of how careful you should be when online. My wallet too got hacked last year, the scammer made away with all the asset, i was depressed at first, took some time off crypto.

after some while, i came back and determined i will be extra careful and wont allow such occurrence repeat it self again.
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 11, 2019, 05:35:15 AM
I think that you will not return what you lost. The security issue is very important, more attention needs to be paid to this.
Once you lost it, there is no other way to return it, a hacker wont ever return what he gets from other crypto users. Making sure of the security of our wallet is our own responsibility, we should be careful everytime and taking care of it should be the priority. It is the holder of our coins we should never leaked any information of it.

I suggest using MetaMask if someone use ETH on regular basis. It is much more safe than using MyEtherWallet. People can easily use phishing page for MEW and stole your money. So better stick with MetaMask Extension and it is much more safe.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
October 11, 2019, 05:34:55 AM
You should never download an online third party wallet for any transactions over cryptocurrencies. Always use Metamask while you use the MyEtherWallet.
what can I do to stop it
I have no evidence

the hacker's address is  0xEEBbC9888fD8Ec5dFC267a915664780c8fa66426

My address is 0xd125a58b966dc8bdf10489fd910ca929934a0dbc

It happened in Jun 6th

I guess I download a virus altcoin wallet and the hacker found my private key in my desktop

Your private key has been stolen, and never send money and use that wallet again. Please change to a new address
I think OP knows that pretty much What he is asking is that whether there is any way through which he/she can recover his money.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
October 11, 2019, 05:32:54 AM
what can I do to stop it
I have no evidence

the hacker's address is  0xEEBbC9888fD8Ec5dFC267a915664780c8fa66426

It happened in Jun 6th

I guess I download a virus altcoin wallet and the hacker found my private key in my desktop

Your private key has been stolen, and never send money and use that wallet again. Please change to a new address
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
October 11, 2019, 05:23:29 AM
I think that you will not return what you lost. The security issue is very important, more attention needs to be paid to this.
Once you lost it, there is no other way to return it, a hacker wont ever return what he gets from other crypto users. Making sure of the security of our wallet is our own responsibility, we should be careful everytime and taking care of it should be the priority. It is the holder of our coins we should never leaked any information of it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 10, 2019, 06:32:26 PM
Keeping your key in your laptop is great mistake, because you can never be overly careful on the things you download or websites you visit. Ever since I switched to using hardware wallet, I have never had an incident with hackers.

In my case i used my personal computer where i stored my wallets access and i do have a back up on my flash drive, from the day that i learned about crypto way back 2017 until now i do not have any problems with hacking of my privatekeys because i am very careful on browsing and downloading any thing on the internet. i know there are lot of ways to secure your keys but i am contented for what i did and feel sorry for OP's loss.
Activity: 443
Merit: 2
Theagriverse.io
October 10, 2019, 06:12:14 PM
Keeping your key in your laptop is great mistake, because you can never be overly careful on the things you download or websites you visit. Ever since I switched to using hardware wallet, I have never had an incident with hackers.
Activity: 1414
October 10, 2019, 05:58:54 PM
That was hard to recover or it cant get you coins back that you lose because of hacker. By the way on what wallet did you use ?

Maybe you open some phising site that you think it is the main site you store you coins or you put your important keys at your desktop hacker can open it easily, Ill think this is a lesson for you now that need to be careful again, And not only you have some experience like that even me in my first try at crypto.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
October 10, 2019, 02:09:26 PM
there is nothing we can do if our wallet has been hacked ... because all addresses we never know who the owner is in the cryptocurency ... therefore we must be more careful in keeping our wallets secure so that they are safe from hackers ... avoid links that we do not know ... so avoid the pshing links that continue to be spread by hackers.
You're right. Scammers are lurking in the shadows in cryptocurrency. Not just in cryptocurrency but in other community. All we can do is to have a precautionary measure so that we can avoid getting scammed by other people. We should be careful since it's just a few clicks away for the thief to steal your money. Don't click and click on the internet. Be sure to think before you click.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 103
October 10, 2019, 02:05:12 PM
what can I do to stop it
I have no evidence

the hacker's address is  0xEEBbC9888fD8Ec5dFC267a915664780c8fa66426

It happened in Jun 6th

there is nothing we can do if our wallet has been hacked ... because all addresses we never know who the owner is in the cryptocurency ... therefore we must be more careful in keeping our wallets secure so that they are safe from hackers ... avoid links that we do not know ... so avoid the pshing links that continue to be spread by hackers.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
October 10, 2019, 01:18:37 PM
Here is an example of how people lose their money. And then they begin to blame the technology that they are not perfect.
If you look carefully what the OP said, he never blamed the technology but he downloaded some wallet and hence lost his money.

You need to spend more time on security, especially when it comes to your savings. Need to be careful with scammers.
There are a ton of phishing sites and if you are careless you will lose all the sensitive information and that is what happened here.

Beware next time, by the way. you can't do anything but to change your wallet.
If the OP was a ETH developer then they would have done a rollback  Tongue.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
October 10, 2019, 12:57:58 PM
Just be careful next time as you are helpless now, Always use an authentic and common wallet to store your Altcoins and store your keys in offline pc hard disk or in USB.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
October 10, 2019, 11:55:36 AM
My advice is try to bookmark MEW or sites that you trust, save your private key, and never enter the private key on the form or anything you get from an email or message
And try to use an offline wallet sign or hard wallet
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
October 10, 2019, 11:39:15 AM
You did the right thing that you created this post about wallet hacking. You need to be careful and keep the keys in a more secure place. I think that everyone is mistaken, thus obtaining inconspicuous experience, but the most important thing in this situation is to draw conclusions and not repeat these errors.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
October 10, 2019, 09:58:18 AM
Sad to say you cannot recover your eth. This is a must to keep safe of our own wallet once it hacked it cannot be able to resuscitate. A reminder to us not to click any links that might steal our crypto asset. We have an option to save our coins in a wallet it may ledger or other wallet you prefer.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 10, 2019, 01:19:06 AM
You have save your altcoin or ether assets in nano ledger wallet, how ever you install application in your computer your assets is save, for other keep hold your assets in new wallet and access with only new computer, never click link sent to your email without know where is come from. Many airdrop give your link and keep away from bad airdrop.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
October 10, 2019, 01:13:13 AM
Cannot return lost tokens or coins.. Cryptocurrecy is keeping before stolen, not taking back the stolen. My advice, do not ever store data on your desktop, because the windows system is vulnerable to viruses. If your computer has a problem with Windows, the system will also be reset, and the data will also be lost. The safest data is stored using notepad and rar. If you save data using Microsoft Office it is also vulnerable to viruses, and data cannot be opened.
The only option is mark the wallet address as hackers wallet address. But i dont know how to do this but i just saw someone do that before.

For more security in your private key you can save it on harddrive or write it in a paper and keep that in a place that no one knows where, only you or your trusted person know.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
October 10, 2019, 12:34:51 AM
again,use offline sign wallet.
there were many choice ,you can google .

for me,I used open sourced ImToken with offline sign on a offline phone,never touch internet .

And recently parity seems also launched a offline sign tool,it's also easy to use,you can have a try.
https://www.parity.io/signer
Activity: 1246
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
October 09, 2019, 10:34:36 AM
There is nothing you can do about it , all you need to do is to create  new wallet and move remaining tokens into that. please  make sure  you always open your wallet  from right source.  and never  keep ur  private key  on cloud storage.  just  write  it down  and keep  it at  safe place  so that you wont fall victim again ..
Pages:
Jump to: