Pages:
Author

Topic: My Journey with Type-2 Diabetes - page 4. (Read 1171 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
January 15, 2023, 01:09:26 AM
Type 2 diabetes just happens in obese people,
Actually, obesity is just one piece of the larger picture. It also depends on few major factors such as family history, genetics, etc. I've seen ppl who are quite thin enough developing type 2 diabates out of nowhere in their young ages. And few fat ones were reported to be non-diabetic at the same time.
Its just like some ppl using a lot of facial products still getting bad acnes while some do nothing and have much clearer face. Its just what it is and we have to accept the fact Sad

However for OP, Im sure with extra precautions you will fight this bravely, you just have to workout a bit more than the rest.
Activity: 966
Merit: 801
January 15, 2023, 01:05:43 AM
Considering how people right now mostly spend their times in front of screens either for working, studying or playing games, everyone must aware about the risk. Cellphone or PC has a radiation, you need to buy anti radiation glasses or screen protector. Spend for 1 hour daily routine on gym or exercise and eat healthy foods (avoid simple carbs, too much salt, sugar and caffeine), also you need to sleep well at least 7 hours.

I always do this and every 3-6 months I usually take medical check up for my blood pressure, weight, cholesterol and my blood sugar.

Don't forget to rest your hands and make sure to buy standing for laptop or PC, it will help you to maintain your good poses and your body.

I hope you and everyone now learn to how become more healthy people.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
January 15, 2023, 12:49:46 AM
It is strange not to notice health violations when a person is overweight. Everywhere there are indicators of normal weight for height and age, and if your weight exceeds these values, then there is probably a health disorder.

Type 2 diabetes just happens in obese people, and it is very strange not to notice your excess weight. Diet and the restriction of food after 6 p.m., as well as the complete absence of sugar or its restriction to a minimum, provide some insurance against this insidious disease. But people remember their health only when they have pain, as a signal that something is wrong.

High cholesterol, and as a result, high blood pressure, are always waiting for fast food lovers. It is rather strange that knowing all the ways to maintain their health, people are still "fighting" how to destroy it by using soda and fast food. It can be seen in this way that states are freed from stupid people by allowing such a business, as well as developing the pharmaceutical industry.
LDL
Activity: 560
Merit: 581
January 14, 2023, 06:14:59 PM
~
@yahoo62278 sir did an important post on this topic some time back and today with your post health awareness will create an importance among every people in the forum.
Like you, I have been suffering from high blood pressure and cholesterol for a long time.  Like you, the doctor told me to change my diet, exercise, do some exercise and walk a lot.
Since reading @yahoo62278 sir's post I am more careful about health and no self swearing health is priceless wealth, health cannot be careless.  Not only me but every member of my family I create awareness to take serious steps towards health.

Wishing you both good health @yahoo62278 and @WatChe.  Especially like you, millions of people in the world are affected by various diseases and epidemics, it is absolutely necessary to convey health awareness among these people.  Hundreds of people in the forum will try to solve their health problems through your posts.

I gave some health awareness advice from my side, if you follow them, you can reduce the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease to some extent.

• People with diabetes must walk for 40 minutes daily at a speed of 4Km/h.  If daily is not possible then at least three days a week should be developed such habit.
  • Excess fat and oily food must be avoided.  Oily food is very harmful for the body.
  • People who like fast food, various soft drinks, and luxurious food must develop the habit of eating in moderation.  Try to avoid all harmful foods if possible.
  • Those who are used to excessive smoking, drinking, do these habits soon.  Smoking and drinking causes hundreds of problems for you like gastritis, ulcers, cancer, heart problems.
  • For type 2 diabetes, exercise and meditation are more important than medication.
  • Make it a habit to drink pure water regularly every day.  You should regularly contact your doctor and get health checkups.  Don't ignore any minor health issues.  Try to solve them as soon as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
January 14, 2023, 05:20:24 PM
~

My father was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes years ago, and since then he has had to make many lifestyle changes to manage his condition. He has had to make changes to his diet, cutting out sugary and processed foods, and increasing his intake of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. He also had to start exercising regularly, aiming for at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day. In addition to lifestyle changes, my father has also had to start taking medication to help manage his diabetes. He has been using insulin injections and oral medications to control his blood sugar levels. With the help of his healthcare team, he has been able to adjust his medications as needed to find the right balance for his body.

Managing diabetes is not easy, and there are still days when he struggles. But, he is determined to take control of his health and live a long and healthy life. My father's experience with type-2 diabetes has taught me the importance of self-care and self-management. He has shown me that with the right mindset and the support of loved ones, anyone can successfully manage their diabetes and lead a full and satisfying life.
copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
January 14, 2023, 03:38:42 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing your experience. It must have been hard for you to hear that news and that it would change your life forever. I think the different ways that you can get your blood sugar at an average level are the following:
  • Good diet
  • Regular exercise
  • Medications that are prescribed

I know your experience with metformin isn't good; you should still have it for emergencies. Probably an occasion that you will eat something sweet. But this can easily be solved with control, so it's really up to you.

The best way to check progress is by monitoring blood sugar levels regularly. That will be helpful to check with your treatments if it's working with medicine, diet, and exercise.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 755
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
January 14, 2023, 03:28:56 PM
It's good to know that you kept the blood sugar level under control but I want to tell you something Diabetes isn't a disease but it's a medical condition which can neither be cured but kept under control as long as you do what has to be done. Ofcourse it can be done with or without medication depends on how much blood sugar levels you have.

My mother has type 2 diabetes as well but her blood sugar level isn't under control for years even with all the medications then only we know strict diet rule is also important to keep the levels low and now it's under control and dosage remains same as 1mg.
Activity: 882
Merit: 540
January 14, 2023, 02:48:16 PM
I love seeing you share your story. I'm sure there are a lot more on the forum who may gain some knowledge from this post although I'm not sure ignoring a doctor's instructions is good advice. It has worked for you and that's great, but I would hate to see someone go into a diabetic coma from ignoring physicians' instructions. I feel like you might have taken a risk that paid off.

Keep it up and keep those sugars where they need to be. Thank you for sharing.

It's truly an honor that yahoo62278 addressing you directly and liking your post.
Looking forward to see a healthy yahoo62278 back on this forum. My prayers are with you. Stay blessed.

We know because of the pattern of fast food, almost the average person in this world is attacked by type-2 diabetes, my parents also have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, in about 3-4 years I took care of him in terms of preventive measures, now my parents are healthy, of course I'm grateful.

I tried to stop the development of my parents' diabetes in a way.
• First: I monitor his pattern and lifestyle in a healthy manner, of course in terms of lean foods, vegetables, fruits, the main method that must be given as the main menu for my parents.
• Routine/active and exercise methods such as running, cycling and several other activities I always apply to my parents to lose weight for them, with what I am doing now he is recovering and normal as usual, of course the medicine recommended by the doctor is not forgotten to prevent type-2 diabetes, with a number of methods that I apply, the results are extraordinary, my parents' blood sugar levels are currently 90-120 mg / dl.

I am happy to be able to apply some further prevention steps for diabetes that my parents suffered from by consuming healthy food and just throwing away fast food.

Your parents are lucky that they are diagnosed in very early stage of diabetes i.e prediabetes. Its easy to control blood sugar, if you are prediabetic since your beta cells are not completely gone.
People with T2 diabetes think that if they are taking medicine then they are free to eat everything, which is not true. Even if you are on medicine you have to take care of your diet.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
January 14, 2023, 02:21:45 PM
We know because of the pattern of fast food, almost the average person in this world is attacked by type-2 diabetes, my parents also have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, in about 3-4 years I took care of him in terms of preventive measures, now my parents are healthy, of course I'm grateful.

I tried to stop the development of my parents' diabetes in a way.
• First: I monitor his pattern and lifestyle in a healthy manner, of course in terms of lean foods, vegetables, fruits, the main method that must be given as the main menu for my parents.
• Routine/active and exercise methods such as running, cycling and several other activities I always apply to my parents to lose weight for them, with what I am doing now he is recovering and normal as usual, of course the medicine recommended by the doctor is not forgotten to prevent type-2 diabetes, with a number of methods that I apply, the results are extraordinary, my parents' blood sugar levels are currently 90-120 mg / dl.

I am happy to be able to apply some further prevention steps for diabetes that my parents suffered from by consuming healthy food and just throwing away fast food.
legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 4191
January 14, 2023, 01:38:50 PM
I love seeing you share your story. I'm sure there are a lot more on the forum who may gain some knowledge from this post although I'm not sure ignoring a doctor's instructions is good advice. It has worked for you and that's great, but I would hate to see someone go into a diabetic coma from ignoring physicians' instructions. I feel like you might have taken a risk that paid off.

Keep it up and keep those sugars where they need to be. Thank you for sharing.
Activity: 882
Merit: 540
January 14, 2023, 01:03:04 PM
I was thinking to write about my journey with Type-2 Diabetes but didn't knew where to post it until I read yahoo62278 post My story and where it is now.....

It was start of 2021, when I was accidentally diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. My Hba1c (a blood test that gives average profile of your blood sugar over three months) comes out to be 9. At that time I was not feeling any symptoms of Diabetes except the frequent night urination, which I was ignoring.

I went to the doctor and he advised me Metformin twice a day. My only question was, "can I get rid of this disease?". The answer was NO.
I went to second, third and forth doctor and all said take Metformin and there is no way you will ever get rid of this disease.

I started taking Metformin and with that my Blood Pressure also start going up. I went back to doctor and he said take medicine of Blood pressure also. This was really surprising and worrying for me that I am diagnosed with Diabetes and I have to take medicine for both Sugar and Blood pressure.

One day I was in this tension in office when one senior guy in my office said to me, don't take any medicine for Diabetes. This just struck in my mind.

From that day I stopped taking Metformin. I started learning what is blood sugar (and Diabetes) and how it is controlled by body and medicines . Though majority of doctor says it can be controlled with diet, exercise and medicine (the billion dollar pharma industry), there are few that advocates it can be controlled with diet and exercise only. One such doctor on Youtube is Jason fung.

Meanwhile I was also able to find a doctor in my city that told me that I got Diabetes because of obesity and he advised me intermittent fasting along with few medicines (I didn't took the prescribed medicine) but followed intermittent fasting. With dietary precautions my Hba1C come down from 9 to 6.6 in just 2 months.

I wont take much of your time and comes to main point which is Blood Sugar is not a chronic progressive disease rather it can be controlled by changing life style only. Limit your daily carbs intake and you will see how your Diabetes values are going down.

I take tea along with 2 boil eggs in morning, I have my lunch and dinner that has very limited carbs. Other then that I don't eat bakery items, junk food (like pizza, soft drinks) etc. I lost 23 kg in my first three months of diabetes diagnose and since then I am maintaining my weight through diet and exercise.

My Hba1c these days is around 5.6. My doctor says its fine, as long as I wont let it go up.

Key Point which I want to highlight. Have your blood sugar and Blood pressure checked at least twice a year and if you can go through a complete body scan its a bonus.

I started this thread to share my story about how I am controlling my blood sugar with diet only. The sole motive is to tell people suffering with this disease that its something that can be controlled through diet only.

If you have any thing to ask you can write here I will try my best to answer it and you can also contribute by sharing your experience.
Pages:
Jump to: