Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 104. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
At this rate, Monero will hit $50 sometime next year. What do you think... good for long term holding? Don't want people dumping the coins later.

IMHO... XMR has the strongest potential to be the next Bitcoin because of the "anonymity" features that are far more advanced than Bitcoin.... unlike ETH... this coin has become more complicated....

I still don't get what all the hype is regarding Monero (XMR). It's known to be run by botnets which is why it's never very profitable to mine. Too many infected computers mining using "free to them" electricity. Due to this reason I have felt that the recent pump and dumps are by the same shady ass black hat devs infecting the computers and profiting. Also makes sense why the dark net is now supporting it (same shady ass people or people of similar mindset). It also explains why they have a very cult-like following of strongest supporters.

I'm not going to support that when there are so many other better crypto projects going on right now. I'll dump the little I have when it's high.

Doesn't Dash also have anonymity features as well?

My experience using the Monero wallet has also been shit and I've lost several XMR on transactions that apparently didn't go through using Cryptsy's wallet.

These are all good points  and while I now mine  XMR ETH & BTC  I am not sure on my hold strategy for the three coins.

I am mining the  3 and holding btc at the moment.  Which means I am converting XMR and ETH to BTC.

This may change soon.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
XMR is heating up a bit  it is back up to $13.45

looks like its exceeds my overall ETH collection per day!

if only XMR can dual mine ETH - but too bad, according to Claymore, both are using memory intensive algorithms, Ethash and Cryptonight, so cant be dual mined.
Xmr can be dual mined but claymore hasn't set it up yet for it.

XMR + 2nd coin -- in his thread - he said no plans.
Still doesn't make it impossible for it to be done. And claymore being the best software out there imo
It's just a matter of time before claymore does make xmr dual with another coin. Eth only has so much longer before pos

See his reply - hopefully his "not going to do it right now" - means he will do it sometime soon...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16185071
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

if only XMR can dual mine ETH - but too bad, according to Claymore, both are using memory intensive algorithms, Ethash and Cryptonight, so cant be dual mined.

Still doesn't make it impossible for it to be done. And claymore being the best software out there imo
It's just a matter of time before claymore does make xmr dual with another coin. Eth only has so much longer before pos
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
At this rate, Monero will hit $50 sometime next year. What do you think... good for long term holding? Don't want people dumping the coins later.

IMHO... XMR has the strongest potential to be the next Bitcoin because of the "anonymity" features that are far more advanced than Bitcoin.... unlike ETH... this coin has become more complicated....

I still don't get what all the hype is regarding Monero (XMR). It's known to be run by botnets which is why it's never very profitable to mine. Too many infected computers mining using "free to them" electricity. Due to this reason I have felt that the recent pump and dumps are by the same shady ass black hat devs infecting the computers and profiting. Also makes sense why the dark net is now supporting it (same shady ass people or people of similar mindset). It also explains why they have a very cult-like following of strongest supporters.

I'm not going to support that when there are so many other better crypto projects going on right now. I'll dump the little I have when it's high.

My experience using the Monero wallet has also been shit and I've lost several XMR on transactions that apparently didn't go through using Cryptsy's wallet.

At the end of day, profitability is still the key - and we should not dabble into speculations.

Current ETH rigs now have an afterlife reusable for other than ETH; and thats good for additional profits in the future, be it XMR or ABC or XYZ  Cheesy
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

Activity: 672

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Das
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I would either write a bash script ( which is like a bat file in *nix ).

Or set the built in startup application to launch gnome terminal while creating a custom terminal config that execs your cmd on terminal launch ( while it is set as the primary terminal config).  This probably seems way more complicated than it is and is probably what you want to do if unfamiliar with *nix.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Windows 10, eventually planning on switching these 2 to Ubuntu; but I want to wait until Eliovp is done improving his rom.  He should release his 33 lp rom soon.

this is noob question but how do I make Claymore miner execute automatically upon Ubuntu bootup?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I won't do four card case builds just not enough room.

I damaged one four card mobo trying to do it.

If there was a good case with room I would build on again.
The reason for case builds are many of us can run gear in an It center and they want the gear in a case.

So far my best builds have been case free riser free on the biostar z170 mobo.

I use Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX cases for 4x 480 builds.  I have been running two of them in my basement since about a week after 480 release.

No issues but; I do have the fans set to 80%. 

When it was released I switched to using:
 Eliovp's 29MH lp rom on all cards for 117MH per rig @690 watts 120v. 

One rig has an ASRock Z170 OC Formula mobo and the other an ASRock Z97 OC Formula mobo. 

With one case stacked on top of the other it creates a sort of standing desk it is easy to put a monitor, keyboard, and mouse on top of.

impressive - you must have good cold basement - anything special on the internal case fans? bottom to up air movement? pics?

all my cards are hanging like bats for max cooling but long term strategy is to put them in a case so that it can live a proper data centre like my S9s.
legendary
Windows 10, eventually planning on switching these 2 to Ubuntu; but I want to wait until Eliovp is done improving his rom.  He should release his 33 lp rom soon.
Activity: 615
I use Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX cases for 4x 480 builds.  I have been running two of them in my basement since about a week after 480 release.

One rig has an ASRock Z170 OC Formula mobo and the other an ASRock Z97 OC Formula mobo. 

With one case stacked on top of the other it creates a sort of standing desk it is easy to put a monitor, keyboard, and mouse on top of.

Which OS?  Win7, Win10, Linux 14, Linux16?
legendary

The reason for case builds are many of us can run gear in an It center and they want the gear in a case.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Case I found that would also work though clearance between the PS and the last card is marginal is a Thermaltake:
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133270
 Their V35 model appears to be the same case, I've never figured out what the difference between those 2 is.

But I'm going with "open" builds as of my last build (parts for 2 more in shipping right now).

I've been deciding between the Thermaltake you specified and this Rosewill:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0723W13685

I own one of these and like it as an open air:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353001

Neither the Thermaltake, nor the Rosewill, have a side fan.  The case Phil mentioned does.  

The Thermaltake can take 3 x 38MM fans in the front with minimal to no modification though. 3x Delta 200+ CFM fans WILL keep your cards cool, though realistically you only need 1 or 2 down in the area the cards are in - the 3'd one installs in place of the external drive mounts and doesn't blow much air down to the GPU area if any. Or move the drive cage to the middle, mount both of the included 25mm 120s at top and middle, and a Delta 38mm in the bottom.
The main issue with it is that the clearance between the last card and the PS is low - not an issue if you're using blower-type cards and a fairly short PS as the blower fan will stick out past the PS.
 (edit) still no clue what the difference between the V34 and the V35 is, but they have a V31 with front-mount buttons/USB instead of the top-mount stuff on the V34, that's probably going to be the case I go with in the future for any case-type builds I do, or if/when I decide to sell off some of my existing builds to gamers.

I don't like side fans as a general rule 'cause they just don't tend to work as efficiently as straight-through flow does - and if you intend to rack mount a system, side fans are NOT AN OPTION.

I've tried a couple other "8 peripheral slot" cases and been VERY UNHAPPY with them due to very poor cooling design restriction to 25mm OR THINNER fans in too many spots, though I haven't tried any Rosewill models yet.

Back plates are a major PAIN for multi-card builds, they restrict the airflow too much.
 I avoid the things.

legendary

I just finished it my self. Today.  I will also,adjust two cabinet doors the next two days. So I think the kitchen will be fully finished by Monday. The 12th of sept which is about 87 days.

Congrats with new kitchen!

Yeah it did come out really nice.

Phil ... it will be nice if you could show us the final masterpiece.

It may give us inspiration to do some house improvement project. Cheesy

Yeah I suppose I could do some photos on Friday .

Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Case I found that would also work though clearance between the PS and the last card is marginal is a Thermaltake:
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133270
 Their V35 model appears to be the same case, I've never figured out what the difference between those 2 is.

But I'm going with "open" builds as of my last build (parts for 2 more in shipping right now).

I've been deciding between the Thermaltake you specified and this Rosewill:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0723W13685

I own one of these and like it as an open air:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353001

Neither the Thermaltake, nor the Rosewill, have a side fan.  The case Phil mentioned does. 

I think the cards with back plates complicate builds with traditional PC cases (closed as opposed to open air). Going forward, I'm going to try real hard to only purchase cards without a back plate for this reason.  If you were to go with a custom open air frame with risers, obviously the width of the cards are not a concern.  I have a hard enough time getting 4 cards to be happy, yet alone 6 or 7. 

FWIW... it seems as though the Z170 boards can only handle up to 4 cards.  It's been reported many times, i'm just restating it here. Really should post the link....

I don't really under the reason to pay for a case when you can buy wire racks for 20-40$ that can fit multiple miners if you ever choose to expand. Plus those cases I don't see how you can fit four cards. I have tried to fit three in a case and had difficulty with all the wires and proper room between boards and the power supply.

Jump to: