Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 18. (Read 147923 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
More off topic chatter....

Has anyone's opinion of, and willingness to use, Coinbase change with all the IRS news?  Up until now, I've only every mined coins.  I've never bought or sold coins with/for fiat currency.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
hey guys first off I want to say that I hope you have a good new year and that thanks for everyones help over this year.

second thing is.... HELLLLLLP

what are normal mining temps for ref rx470s and rx480s

i say this becaue I have 2 ref cards that I got before any of my new cards

they are in an open built frame like most other miners

HOWEVER HERE IS MY PROBLEM......83 degrees at 75% fan speeds.........

I want to know why these cards are so hot with such high fan speeds where my other ones are not

I know they are ref cards but this is crazy right?Huh

Cheeers

in Claymore, use -tt and -fanmax and -tstop features

I like using -tt 77, -fanmax 99 and -tstop 95 on all my cards.

XMR and ZEC mining is not bad in terms of temps and power consumption.

Worse is ETH mining.

All my RX480s are ref cards.
hey guys first off I want to say that I hope you have a good new year and that thanks for everyones help over this year.

I want to know why these cards are so hot with such high fan speeds where my other ones are not

Cheeers

Try reducing the core voltage to 0.975v - 1.0v using wattman.  Also, you can try capping the core clock speed to 1100 to 1150 MHz (at least for ETH mining.) I have a couple that are warm-blooded, too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner

Cheeers

ref card cooling system are super crappy Sad you should probably invest for alternative cooling solution and/or look on internet you have some tutorials to improve cooling on thoses
Activity: 742

I have 2 ref rx 480s. On ETH/XMR one of them is always 82C, second is 76C.

On Zec both are 3-5C colder
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

Cheeers
I had my first power delivery failure today:  Four risers off of one molex drop is too much. The modular connector at the PSU burnt up.

Scheisse.

Probably you can find the modular cable on Ebay. EVGA from this point of view is very good - these cables are alway available on Ebay and reasonably priced.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I had my first power delivery failure today:  Four risers off of one molex drop is too much. The modular connector at the PSU burnt up.

Four?! That's crazy town Tongue I won't put more than two risers on one molex ever.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
I had my first power delivery failure today:  Four risers off of one molex drop is too much. The modular connector at the PSU burnt up.

Ouch yeah keep it at 2 max Sad
Activity: 662

Of course its too much!

I have only one riser per cord if the gpu has a 6pin pcie and not more than two if both gpus have an 8pin pcie..  more might work too but I´m going the secure way here ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
You have all the sleep/hibernate settings turned off in windows?  You should be able to look through the windows system event logs to see if the OS is the culprit.  This was caught me once or twice.

Yup. If it's every 6 hours, it won't be the bios. Check hibernation settings and: powercfg /h off

Phil... just curious, what Claymore miner are you using? ZEC? XMR?

when I testing the  -r and -wd features in Claymore, I made a mistake in the settings only to find out that one of the -r settings was causing miner to restart every 60 minutes.... that took me to wild goose chase thinking my HW was faulty.

If above not applicable, then it can only be HW related or low level BIOS settings.

I dont think there is any OS specific feature that turns off the rig unless done purpose with a cron job or a capped Internet metering your mentioned - or virus related....
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
You have all the sleep/hibernate settings turned off in windows?  You should be able to look through the windows system event logs to see if the OS is the culprit.  This was caught me once or twice.

Yup. If it's every 6 hours, it won't be the bios. Check hibernation settings and: powercfg /h off
back to my evga mobo  it turns off every six hours

this means I must have a setting done wrong.
as it is always six hours.  I will need to dig into the bios.

*snip*

It may be your psu or a setting with the psu.  I know that you are plugged into your mobo, but when you don't have the psu papercliped the same issue would be seen.  Just an Idea to get you in the right direction.

It is directly attached to a mobo no paper clips involved.

And it is every six hours.

So I may have a metered setting for my internet in windows 7

Or this mobo has a weird setting.

This is the second mobo that does this. I have a small it's a h170. Does the same thing.

In both cases the mobo turns off every six hours like clockwork.

The other mobo is a gigabyte  or An Asrock

"GUI" is likely standard windows 10 or 7, then just change the Windows pack language to English.... I am writing this with a grin on my face.... I think a foreign "GUI" adds more excitement to the review  Grin

True. Russian guys install Russia language pack with no problem.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
back to my evga mobo  it turns off every six hours

as it is always six hours.  I will need to dig into the bios.

It may be your psu or a setting with the psu.  I know that you are plugged into your mobo, but when you don't have the psu papercliped the same issue would be seen.  Just an Idea to get you in the right direction.

It is directly attached to a mobo no paper clips involved.

And it is every six hours.

So I may have a metered setting for my internet in windows 7

Or this mobo has a weird setting.

This is the second mobo that does this. I have a small it's a h170. Does the same thing.

In both cases the mobo turns off every six hours like clockwork.

The other mobo is a gigabyte  or An Asrock
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

It may be your psu or a setting with the psu.  I know that you are plugged into your mobo, but when you don't have the psu papercliped the same issue would be seen.  Just an Idea to get you in the right direction.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
after running it for 20 mins it restarted and its working

it said

gpu 0 hangs
gpu 1 hangs
gpu 2 gangs
gpu 3 gangs

turns out my gpus hanged themselves and then it auto restarted and worked

this is weird

Cheers guys

Are they overclocked? If so, reduce the frequency. If not, reduce the intensity.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
after running it for 20 mins it restarted and its working

it said

gpu 0 hangs
gpu 1 hangs
gpu 2 gangs
gpu 3 gangs

turns out my gpus hanged themselves and then it auto restarted and worked

this is weird

Cheers guys