Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 16. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Good lord when will bitcoin flat line..
I loving the climb it'll be 1200$ here in the next few hours if it keeps going

WTF is wrong  with you Grin

Just kidding I sold 2 coins this year :

1 at 1010
 1 at 1111

and I may sell another.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

SHHHHHHHHHH.  Just let it happen! Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Hey Aries... have you purchased any MSI 470s lately?  The one I got from Amazon a couple of weeks ago has Samsung memory and the previous 8 I own all have Hynix.  This made me stop short of 1500-strap-modding that newest card since I wasn't sure if memory brand would have any impact on this modding process.

So, my question is, for you or anyone else that is strap-modding their 470's with the method used below shown by Lee... has anyone performed this same mod with a newer 470 that has Samsung memory in it?  Just trying to figure out if something different needs to be done for these or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_zSP2H6ho

Yes, I can help you with this.  For the Hynix gpu's I use the 1500 strap, but with the new Samsung memory I strap the 1750.  This works perfectly for me.  Remember your steps in the video and save all of your original memory values in a file just in case you need them in the future.  I do watch Lee with IMineBlocks and have a lot of respect for his work.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey Aries... have you purchased any MSI 470s lately?  The one I got from Amazon a couple of weeks ago has Samsung memory and the previous 8 I own all have Hynix.  This made me stop short of 1500-strap-modding that newest card since I wasn't sure if memory brand would have any impact on this modding process.

So, my question is, for you or anyone else that is strap-modding their 470's with the method used below shown by Lee... has anyone performed this same mod with a newer 470 that has Samsung memory in it?  Just trying to figure out if something different needs to be done for these or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_zSP2H6ho
legendary
Mine for a Bit
I don't want the thread to be sidetracked any more by windows 10 activation discussion .

The gear comes with  windows 10 and it was altered to  windows 10 enterprise LTSB

which is allowed by microsoft.  in fact they give the information on their own website.

Windows enterprise is need to do   8 cards.

and windows won't sell you a 1 pc code for a windows 10 you switched to windows enterprise using the info given to you from microsoft

ONCE AGAIN I AM ASKING WINDOWS/MICROSOFT TO SELL ME A 1 PC CODE.

IF THEY DON'T LET ME BUY THE CODE BUT LET ME CHANGE MY WINDOWS 10 FROM PRO TO ENTERPRISE LTSB   THAT IS WINDOWS /

MICROSOFT'S CHOICE.

To further clarify this..  the  code give on microsoft's website only works on a good copy of windows 10. As per the info on microsoft's website.

So as far as I am concerned I am fine with this arrangement.  If Microsoft  has a problem  once again I am willing to pay them  for a 1 pc key.

No more questions on the software.

Some more on the hard ware.

the stock psu uses only 220-240 volts  it pulls 4.5 amps  or 1080 watts doing   1715 h

the evga 1600 g2 uses 110-240 volts it pulls  4.3 amps or 1032 watts doing 1715h

have you tried activating as pro and then using instructions to switch over to enterprise?

I won't do this until I clone the oem msata.

I am not looking to brick  the oem msata.

Once i have a clone I can afford to play with the  cloned copy.

I will almost certainly  go to linux with this item rather then deal with windows.

as a gear related item  I found a link for the exact fan included with this pc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAES3YE9135

costly and not needed  as I think this one will do with zec and xmr

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835132031

I ordered 2 of the bgears from newegg.  I will pull one delta and put in 1 bgear

the second bgear and the pulled delta will be sound tested at 12 volts

if there is a good improvement in noise I will order more of the bgear fans

the case uses 9 fans

5 push and 4 pull

so buying 9 fans = $120 or so.

not looking to spend that much.

I may get 5 and use them to push .

I Like the 120mm fans with Speed: 3000RPM, Noise: 45.90dBA, Airflow: 133.60CFM

Scythe DFS123812H-3000 Ultra Kaze 120mm x 38mm Case Fan - 3000RPM on Amazon:     http://a.co/em1tu8t

These kick butt up to 133 cfm and are quiet.  To give you an Idea how much CFM that is:  The S9 has 185cfm fans.
I hook 3 of these up to sys fan 2 on the mobo and control it with the MSI Command Center on my 7 GPU Rig with a nice and cool temp at ~60C.
legendary
I don't want the thread to be sidetracked any more by windows 10 activation discussion .

The gear comes with  windows 10 and it was altered to  windows 10 enterprise LTSB

which is allowed by microsoft.  in fact they give the information on their own website.

and windows won't sell you a 1 pc code for a windows 10 you switched to windows enterprise using the info given to you from microsoft

IF THEY DON'T LET ME BUY THE CODE BUT LET ME CHANGE MY WINDOWS 10 FROM PRO TO ENTERPRISE LTSB   THAT IS WINDOWS /

MICROSOFT'S CHOICE.

To further clarify this..  the  code give on microsoft's website only works on a good copy of windows 10. As per the info on microsoft's website.

So as far as I am concerned I am fine with this arrangement.  If Microsoft  has a problem  once again I am willing to pay them  for a 1 pc key.

the stock psu uses only 220-240 volts  it pulls 4.5 amps  or 1080 watts doing   1715 h

the evga 1600 g2 uses 110-240 volts it pulls  4.3 amps or 1032 watts doing 1715h

have you tried activating as pro and then using instructions to switch over to enterprise?

I won't do this until I clone the oem msata.

I am not looking to brick  the oem msata.

Once i have a clone I can afford to play with the  cloned copy.

I will almost certainly  go to linux with this item rather then deal with windows.

as a gear related item  I found a link for the exact fan included with this pc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAES3YE9135

costly and not needed  as I think this one will do with zec and xmr

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835132031

I ordered 2 of the bgears from newegg.  I will pull one delta and put in 1 bgear

the second bgear and the pulled delta will be sound tested at 12 volts

if there is a good improvement in noise I will order more of the bgear fans

the case uses 9 fans

5 push and 4 pull

so buying 9 fans = $120 or so.

not looking to spend that much.

I may get 5 and use them to push .
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy

MICROSOFT'S CHOICE.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Referance rx series HOTT !! Shocked
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

Coin Price                    Profit
ZEC = $50.06      =      $4.79/day per Rig
ETH =   $9.73      =      $6.41/day per Rig
XMR = $15.82      =      $5.96/day per Rig
BTC = $1021.67   =      $11.00/day per S9

I am still seeing ETH as the most profitable for Rigs and S9 for BTC.

Indeed - for rx 4x0 cards ETH/ETC are the best coins

I have the 7970, so ZEC is the best.

yeah I have a hd7970 for sale and it has 3gb ram  so it is better with zec

It does 185 h at stock   it is power hungry  but makes a good little space heater

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17357413

That one has higher default voltage. So it is warm.
legendary

yeah I have a hd7970 for sale and it has 3gb ram  so it is better with zec

It does 185 h at stock   it is power hungry  but makes a good little space heater

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17357413
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

legendary
Problem is solved withdrawal is made.

I switch the panda to eth 237mh does pull more power about 1150 at my pdu rather then 1030 for 1715 h for Zec

Yeah I noticed that ETH went to the top this morning with its rise in price and the spiking difficulty of XMR.  For my 10 cards on 2 rigs, currently showing $10.20 profit for ETH and down to $8.55 on XMR. I will probably switch over my 6-card rig to ETH as that is a pretty decent % better for ETH. That would give me about a 55/45 ETH/XMR ratio since I have 3 CPUs churning XMR at a combined h/r of a bit more than a modded 470. 

Will be interesting to see what happens when Claymore releases v10 of his XMR GPU miner (should be any day now).  I guess it will really depend on how much more speed this version will provide us with 470/480s. Not expecting a huge increase but a marginal amount, along with better stability, would be nice.  I have had many problems with 9.6 on my rig #2 for some reason, which is yet another reason to move it to ETH, at least until we see what v10 XMR miner can do for 4xx cards.
Having an issue with bittrex.com  I use them to  mine my zec  and hold or sell it.

So I can sign in  but the emails  are not coming to say I signed in  and of course the email to authorize  withdrawals  does not come.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Logged onto Bittrex both today and yesterday and got notification e-mail both times (with gmail)
Activity: 501
Having an issue with bittrex.com  I use them to  mine my zec  and hold or sell it.

So I can sign in  but the emails  are not coming to say I signed in  and of course the email to authorize  withdrawals  does not come.

I had the same issue, I used another mail provider and it worked. Maybe you can give it a try.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Was on bittrex both yesterday and earlier today no issues (well, no more than the usual pages lag out bad and sometimes don't entirely load at all, and my strong dislike of that Crapcha garbage they added a while back).

Didn't do a withdrawl though, so not sure on that part.
legendary
Having an issue with bittrex.com  I use them to  mine my zec  and hold or sell it.

So I can sign in  but the emails  are not coming to say I signed in  and of course the email to authorize  withdrawals  does not come.

Activity: 742

legendary
Mine for a Bit

Pages:
Jump to: