Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 19. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
fuck sakes, one of these rigs is hashing all over the place all 4 cards go from 5mh to 25mh after running fine for weeks

i retuned from fishing today to find my rig had restarted so I started up the mining file and this happens

god damn it,

any help would be appreciated

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
the righ has been running smooth for weeeks but now my hash rates are all over

I have a similar experience but only this config:

RX480 mining XMR using Claymore v9.6

In the end the rig just dies off.

Claymore needs to work on the RX support for his XMR miner.

While all my other Nanos and 390 works very well with v9.6, all the RX480 rigs now use sgminer-gm with very good and stable results.

I realised that sgminer-gm v5.5.4 is a universal miner and can mine ETH, XMR and ZEC with the same app, it has very good driver support, Best thing is sgminer-gm is for Windows and Linux. The bad thing is that I lose all the Ethman monitoring features from Claymore... well this sucks. Ideas?
legendary
and to confirm its all 4 cards on the rig
legendary
the righ has been running smooth for weeeks but now my hash rates are all over
legendary
can someone please help me,

my GPU temps are thortling (one minute theyre 75 degrees then theyre 60 degrees)

im loosing hashrate too

what the heck is going on I have 3 rigs and this is only happening on one

there is decent airflow and spacing, not sure what I am doing wrong

:S

List all three mobos
List all three psus
List all gpus

How do you set the gpus?  Flashed bios or msi afterburner?

It could be one bad card on that mobo.
If could be one bad slot.
It could,be one bad riser.

2 of your rigs (with different cards)

and also a third 6 card rig

no fashed bios all stock

hashrates are fucking terrible 5mh to 20 mh per card
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

my GPU temps are thortling (one minute theyre 75 degrees then theyre 60 degrees)

im loosing hashrate too

List all three mobos
List all three psus
List all gpus

How do you set the gpus?  Flashed bios or msi afterburner?

It could be one bad card on that mobo.
If could be one bad slot.
It could,be one bad riser.
legendary

im loosing hashrate too

legendary
I ordered a higher quality  psu to test the panda miner

I got an evga 1600 g2 due on fri and the panda miner due on fri.

If this miner comes with a Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese gui only I am going to freak.

I will post in this thread and in the Panda thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pandaminer-b3-pro-new-batch-releases-with-only-800-1750-1668461

the gear is in Cincinnati

lol... if its GUI is not available in English then I guess that will tell us all what we need to know about this company  Wink

"GUI" is likely standard windows 10 or 7, then just change the Windows pack language to English.... I am writing this with a grin on my face.... I think a foreign "GUI" adds more excitement to the review  Grin

Btw, EVGA-1600w-G2 (Gold) is a very good PSU, I have 8 of these in my farm for the 390s rigs, its expensive but it doesnt let me down - its power cord alone are the ones used in data centres. Its bigger brother 1600w-P2 (Platinum) is even more costly - could buy a decent 480 for that price.

Yea I went strong on the GPU  I have owned the 1600watt T2 the 1600 watt P2  the 1600 watt G2  all are solid consumer gpus

all should be able to run this unit
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I ordered a higher quality  psu to test the panda miner

If this miner comes with a Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese gui only I am going to freak.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pandaminer-b3-pro-new-batch-releases-with-only-800-1750-1668461

lol... if its GUI is not available in English then I guess that will tell us all what we need to know about this company  Wink

"GUI" is likely standard windows 10 or 7, then just change the Windows pack language to English.... I am writing this with a grin on my face.... I think a foreign "GUI" adds more excitement to the review  Grin

Btw, EVGA-1600w-G2 (Gold) is a very good PSU, I have 8 of these in my farm for the 390s rigs, its expensive but it doesnt let me down - its power cord alone are the ones used in data centres. Its bigger brother 1600w-P2 (Platinum) is even more costly - could buy a decent 480 for that price.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Do someone have ever had a moded RX470 stucked at 21MH/s (Eth) instead of the usual 27MH/s expected ?
All my Rx470 are between 26 and 27 , but two of the are stucked at 21 , no matter what clock I choose.
Maybe someone has already met this situation ?

What is the hashing rate with original rom? Does changing frequencies with original rom affects on hashing rate?

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking too ps_jb.  Mainly because at least most of my rx 470's get right around 21 on ETH right out of the box. Sure, this could be coincidence but I would at least take a crack at reflashing them with original bios then reflashing with the strap-1500 mod to see if that helps. Also, are you 100% sure that you modded these GPU's bios (were they ever running at 27)?  I learned first hand that trying to flash bios with multiple GPUs attached can be a bit tricky, so maybe you re-flashed a GPU that had already been modded instead of modding the intended one(s)?  Just a thought.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
I ordered a higher quality  psu to test the panda miner

lol... if its GUI is not available in English then I guess that will tell us all what we need to know about this company  Wink
legendary
I ordered a higher quality  psu to test the panda miner

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Do someone have ever had a moded RX470 stucked at 21MH/s (Eth) instead of the usual 27MH/s expected ?
All my Rx470 are between 26 and 27 , but two of the are stucked at 21 , no matter what clock I choose.

What is the hashing rate with original rom? Does changing frequencies with original rom affects on hashing rate?
Activity: 64
Merit: 0

If you change the PCIE slot, is it the same?
Activity: 501
Activity: 742

nice  I am getting the 8 card miner from panda on dec 30th
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17335548

the machine and your software may be a match

That are the great news! Cool thing to play around New Year Eve Smiley

legendary
Is their any resource that explains the main contributing factors to the difficulty of a given coin?  My impression as a newbie to all of this is that it is either solely or mostly driven by the volume of miners pointed at a given coin.  For example... price of XMR goes through the roof, everybody and their brother switch their rings to mine XMR in the last 2 days and bam! difficulty rises 20% in that time period. Similar thing when ZEC came out and most people started mining it... both XMR & ETH difficulty bottomed out.  Is this the only main driving factor or are their other things to consider?

Well.. That is one factor and the last factor is reward. Every X amount of months / years, the reward halves.

As Hotmetal stated,  the overall network hashrate is adjusted every period [variable per coin] to ON AVERAGE yield the same amount of coins.  If the network hashrate increases by 20% because everyone's brother switches over, you can expect ON AVERAGE that your payout is going to decrease by 20%.  Each pool will have a "local" average on top of the network average.  I think this (variance from expected payout) is much more pronounced with coins that have a longer block time (a.k.a. bitcoin [10 minutes!]).  With coins with a very short block time (a.k.a. ETH [15 seconds!]) the variance is naturally much less.  I hope I explained this well enough.

Switching programs do have a downside  if everyone uses one all edges are lost.
and they can cool off a hot coin.

I recommend 30 to 60% on a switcher and 70 to 40% on your hope for a hot coin.
I also plug zec as  the market cap is tiny  well under 25 million when I last looked.  

I could pump the coin and thats saying a lot as I sure as fuck am not spending 100,000k on a pump,but no coin has this  tiny market cap except for  zec.

I've figured out a pretty novel way of doing predictions (without using difficulty or market value) which could prove extremely profitable if you're mining and holding a coin for up 4 weeks (worst case).
However there are other things to finish up before diving into that. I've done most of the most profitable auto-switching code server side already .. Now to start working on server API and Linux / Windows side code.

nice  I am getting the 8 card miner from panda on dec 30th
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17335548

the machine and your software may be a match

and btc coins are pushing 1000 usd which seems to be helping all  the alts.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Is their any resource that explains the main contributing factors to the difficulty of a given coin?  My impression as a newbie to all of this is that it is either solely or mostly driven by the volume of miners pointed at a given coin.  For example... price of XMR goes through the roof, everybody and their brother switch their rings to mine XMR in the last 2 days and bam! difficulty rises 20% in that time period. Similar thing when ZEC came out and most people started mining it... both XMR & ETH difficulty bottomed out.  Is this the only main driving factor or are their other things to consider?

Well.. That is one factor and the last factor is reward. Every X amount of months / years, the reward halves.

As Hotmetal stated,  the overall network hashrate is adjusted every period [variable per coin] to ON AVERAGE yield the same amount of coins.  If the network hashrate increases by 20% because everyone's brother switches over, you can expect ON AVERAGE that your payout is going to decrease by 20%.  Each pool will have a "local" average on top of the network average.  I think this (variance from expected payout) is much more pronounced with coins that have a longer block time (a.k.a. bitcoin [10 minutes!]).  With coins with a very short block time (a.k.a. ETH [15 seconds!]) the variance is naturally much less.  I hope I explained this well enough.

Switching programs do have a downside  if everyone uses one all edges are lost.

I also plug zec as  the market cap is tiny  well under 25 million when I last looked. 

I could pump the coin and thats saying a lot as I sure as fuck am not spending 100,000k on a pump,but no coin has this  tiny market cap except for  zec.

I've figured out a pretty novel way of doing predictions (without using difficulty or market value) which could prove extremely profitable if you're mining and holding a coin for up 4 weeks (worst case).
However there are other things to finish up before diving into that. I've done most of the most profitable auto-switching code server side already .. Now to start working on server API and Linux / Windows side code.
legendary
Is their any resource that explains the main contributing factors to the difficulty of a given coin?  My impression as a newbie to all of this is that it is either solely or mostly driven by the volume of miners pointed at a given coin.  For example... price of XMR goes through the roof, everybody and their brother switch their rings to mine XMR in the last 2 days and bam! difficulty rises 20% in that time period. Similar thing when ZEC came out and most people started mining it... both XMR & ETH difficulty bottomed out.  Is this the only main driving factor or are their other things to consider?

As Hotmetal stated,  the overall network hashrate is adjusted every period [variable per coin] to ON AVERAGE yield the same amount of coins.  If the network hashrate increases by 20% because everyone's brother switches over, you can expect ON AVERAGE that your payout is going to decrease by 20%.  Each pool will have a "local" average on top of the network average.  I think this (variance from expected payout) is much more pronounced with coins that have a longer block time (a.k.a. bitcoin [10 minutes!]).  With coins with a very short block time (a.k.a. ETH [15 seconds!]) the variance is naturally much less.  I hope I explained this well enough.

Switching programs do have a downside  if everyone uses one all edges are lost.

I also plug zec as  the market cap is tiny  well under 25 million when I last looked. 

I could pump the coin and thats saying a lot as I sure as fuck am not spending 100,000k on a pump,but no coin has this  tiny market cap except for  zec.
Activity: 615

Pages:
Jump to: