Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 48. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil

My PDU says I'm pulling 2 amps on a 220/240 line

does that mean I'm doing 480 watts on that rig if I plug it into a 120 line and use the kill o meter is says I'm doing 562 watts or lower.

I wish there was a kill o mstter in the US you could buy for 240 lines like the one you can buy and use on 120 lines in the US .
I saw there is one in the UK or over seas that works on 220/240 lines but i can't buy, they won't sell it to me because i live in the US.

I have plans to hock up a full house Kill o meter next year, one of the 300 dollar ones,
I don't like how the power company's reports  don't give enough detail for there Smart meter reports online.

My pdu does 2 digits.  So from 0.0 to 9.9. Is say 24 watts + or minus.

But at 10 to 24  amps it is 240 watts + or minus. Since the .1 drops off.

Say 8.2 then 8.3.  But at 10 it goes 10  11 12 13

I would love for the meter on my pdu to read 3 digits.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Phil

does that mean I'm doing 480 watts on that rig if I plug it into a 120 line and use the kill o meter is says I'm doing 562 watts or lower.

I wish there was a kill o mstter in the US you could buy for 240 lines like the one you can buy and use on 120 lines in the US .
I saw there is one in the UK or over seas that works on 220/240 lines but i can't buy, they won't sell it to me because i live in the US.

I have plans to hock up a full house Kill o meter next year, one of the 300 dollar ones,
I don't like how the power company's reports  don't give enough detail for there Smart meter reports online.

just use a clamp meter to measure amps, some models can also measure volts by having probes..

Power = amps x volts
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Phil

legendary
Just got back from thanksgiving party and upgrade to claymore 8 seems like more hash and still pretty low power happy.

What is the efficiency of your RX rigs?

I can get about 0.7 J/H for my 6XR9 390 rigs. They are very undervoltged.

I have 3500h

I use 8.2amps  x 240volts = 1968 watts

and I have a new rig using 200 watts at 120 volt power that is yet to be moved to the mining area

1968 + 200 + 2168

2168/3500 = 0.619 watts an h

if you do 0.700  watts an h with your 390 rigs  you are doing really well
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
Just got back from thanksgiving party and upgrade to claymore 8 seems like more hash and still pretty low power happy.

What is the efficiency of your RX rigs?

I can get about 0.7 J/H for my 6XR9 390 rigs. They are very undervoltged.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Sadly the great profitability of ZCash calmed down

Still dependent on specific details, like what cards you're running and power cost.

It looks like many of the older AMD cards are still quite a bit more profitable (HD 7870 hands down, R9 280x) while others have gotten back to more even.

That's what the basket is all about - one coin bumps up on profitability, the others have folks move out to that one coin, and the profitability evens out.

They're all still profitable, but as much as I'd like. I pay my electricity at a rate of about 0,18$/KWh, so I can't run anything older than the last generation. An R9 380 brings me only about 18$ monthly after electricity has been paid, so not very interesting...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Yeah, I know - I still have a few older cards like the 3x R9 290 in my "big ETH rig" and the pair in another rig (I just swapped some cards around).

Got both of my R9 280x in one rig now - THAT rig is much more profitable on ZEC hands down, as is the single HD 7870 rig I brought back up couple days back.
 Current projects are to get as many of my HD 7750 cards swapped over from MooWrapper to ZEC as I can (they're mostly in Windoze rigs) and get my other 7850 rig and my 7850 rig back up and running and Windozed....

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

It looks like many of the older AMD cards are still quite a bit more profitable (HD 7870 hands down, R9 290x) while others have gotten back to more even.

Old cards are super ineffective in power consumption. On the other side, if you live in North Dakota - it is a big plus Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Sadly the great profitability of ZCash calmed down

Still dependent on specific details, like what cards you're running and power cost.

It looks like many of the older AMD cards are still quite a bit more profitable (HD 7870 hands down, R9 280x) while others have gotten back to more even.

That's what the basket is all about - one coin bumps up on profitability, the others have folks move out to that one coin, and the profitability evens out.

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Phil , how do you sell your ZEC ?
do you sell everything ? with a feature like auto-sell , or do you follow the charts ?

I sell the ZEC the moment it is in my exchange account. I reckon it will drop to 60-70% of current price due to the increased supply.

I stopped mining zec and went to Nicehash multi.
I'm getting the same pay all the way around right now (zec/xmr/eth)
And it's straight into my btc account

the latest v1.7.3.6 have now integrated Claymore Zcash miner v8 !!!

what this means is...... we have Claymore's magic miner running as long as Zacsh is profitable, AND when Zcash is not profitable anymore... NH miner will switch to next profitable algo..... sounds like we have a winner here.

That's very good news ! Sadly the great profitability of ZCash calmed down, so I now switched it off. I'll maybe just restart the RX 470 in some days.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I think i read in this thread some place how it is better to use a 220 line over a 110 line that's the truth i just tested that to find out on my 110 line if the meter is right It uses 4.8 amp or 562 watts at the wall with 4 amd cards and CM8 i plugged it into a 220 line it dropped off a AMP or so ,right now i have no real way of proving it other then what the PDU shows in amps used on the 220 line from what the 110 line meter shows. I'm using a Vga 1300 gold and looking at using SIdehacks break outboards with  1500 watt pat server psu's on a 220 line. there cheaper.

Using Server PSU's Might be better the way ?.  

yes 220v line is better than 110v for mining

here is a simple formula

power = current x volts

1000watts = 4.5454 amps x 220 volts

1000watts = 9.0909 amps x 110 volts

higher voltage is the secret ingredient to transfer electricity to hundreds of miles from the power plant by using hundreds of thousand volts, higher voltage is higher efficiency by having more watts for the wire.

regarding using server psu, i think it is better to use server psu because it is designed to work 24/7, typically they are rated in "platinum" and second hand server psu tends to be a lot cheaper. the only problem i see with second hand server psu's is if you get a unit that has been used for a very long period of time, no matter how great their build, they aren't designed to last forever plus they don't have warranty from the manufacturer anymore. (some server PSU's are very noisy btw )

using typical PC PSU has an advantage too because typically they are bought brand new, and good PSU's can have 5 year, 7 year and i think there are some with 10 year warranty..the only disadvantage is the price.

Another problem with the server PSU is that you need some special adaptor to use it. They do not have low voltage output.
Activity: 501
do you sell everything ? with a feature like auto-sell , or do you follow the charts ?

I sell the ZEC the moment it is in my exchange account. I reckon it will drop to 60-70% of current price due to the increased supply.

what this means is...... we have Claymore's magic miner running as long as Zacsh is profitable, AND when Zcash is not profitable anymore... NH miner will switch to next profitable algo..... sounds like we have a winner here.

are you testing it ?

The problem with manual switching is it takes too long time to change from Eth to ZEC or ZCL for example , to earn enough to get a confirmed balance , to withdraw it to the exchange , to get it confirmed there , and then to sell.
Generally, price changed and you are too late to enjoy the profitability you expected when you switched.

Maybe with the NH multi algo we avoid this problem , as everything mined is directly paid to the best profitability.

But :
- do NH really pay fairly ? I saw many post with people being not sure to earn what they should.
- do the NH multi algo works well ? stable ? I tried few weeks ago and it get my system crash so I went back to claymore to not loose time.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
I think i read in this thread some place how it is better to use a 220 line over a 110 line that's the truth i just tested that to find out on my 110 line if the meter is right It uses 4.8 amp or 562 watts at the wall with 4 amd cards and CM8 i plugged it into a 220 line it dropped off a AMP or so ,right now i have no real way of proving it other then what the PDU shows in amps used on the 220 line from what the 110 line meter shows. I'm using a Vga 1300 gold and looking at using SIdehacks break outboards with  1500 watt pat server psu's on a 220 line. there cheaper.

yes 220v line is better than 110v for mining

here is a simple formula

power = current x volts

1000watts = 4.5454 amps x 220 volts

1000watts = 9.0909 amps x 110 volts

higher voltage is the secret ingredient to transfer electricity to hundreds of miles from the power plant by using hundreds of thousand volts, higher voltage is higher efficiency by having more watts for the wire.

regarding using server psu, i think it is better to use server psu because it is designed to work 24/7, typically they are rated in "platinum" and second hand server psu tends to be a lot cheaper. the only problem i see with second hand server psu's is if you get a unit that has been used for a very long period of time, no matter how great their build, they aren't designed to last forever plus they don't have warranty from the manufacturer anymore. (some server PSU's are very noisy btw )

using typical PC PSU has an advantage too because typically they are bought brand new, and good PSU's can have 5 year, 7 year and i think there are some with 10 year warranty..the only disadvantage is the price.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Quote from: GabryRox on November 23, 2016, 11:30:37 PM
Yeah very nice to see that price creep up.  I finally eclipsed 1 ZEC with my modest 4-card rig and tempted to sell a bit of it now but in reality, I will probably just hold it. Not like selling half of it is going to make any real difference for me so might as well hold and see if it takes off.

I have most of what I need to build my 2nd rig when I get back in town next week, but only have 3 GPUs so hoping to find some good deals during the black friday/cyber monday craze.  Anyone know what kind of deals to expect on 470's?  I would highly prefer to stay with MSI 4GB but would consider other brands if the they are solid and a great deal. What would be considered maybe the 2 other top brands of this card along with MSI?  Sapphire I would assume is really good and I've heard bad things about PowerColor, but what about Asus & XFX?

you can get a power color red dragon RX 480 4gb with Samsung memory that might unlock to 8gb at your own risk, for the same price they are good cards, I'm running one now and modded the bios for Zcash mining .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131706

I heard bad things about the MSI cards as well but not why i didn't buy one.

The power color cards are not cheap made cards like a few reviews were reporting so much for reviews and some others on the forums.

RX 480 any model do hash higher then 470 models that i have tried you have to tweak them which can take hours of trying to find that sweet spot and my founds are limited till next year paying off CC . then gonna pay cash for more cards and possible one or two A7 unless Side hack is able to get a good supply of btc miner chips .

Quote from: HerbPean on Today at 04:23:39 PM
Guys,

I just want to mention from my experience that I'm now mining for more then 4 days without any crash on my rig running 4 cards. I'm using Claymore parameter to control the all the clocks and MV instead of Wattman from AMD.

If that can help anyone ;-)

cool using CM 8 been going good for a week  on 4 amd cards . using speed fan to control the fan speeds and found this post https://forum.z.cash/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/8347

to help mode a bios no one has a mode for yet I did or edited the bios by reading a lot  because the cards is a new release .
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Guys,

I just want to mention from my experience that I'm now mining for more then 4 days without any crash on my rig running 4 cards. I'm using Claymore parameter to control the all the clocks and MV instead of Wattman from AMD.

If that can help anyone ;-)
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Yeah very nice to see that price creep up.  I finally eclipsed 1 ZEC with my modest 4-card rig and tempted to sell a bit of it now but in reality, I will probably just hold it. Not like selling half of it is going to make any real difference for me so might as well hold and see if it takes off.

I have most of what I need to build my 2nd rig when I get back in town next week, but only have 3 GPUs so hoping to find some good deals during the black friday/cyber monday craze.  Anyone know what kind of deals to expect on 470's?  I would highly prefer to stay with MSI 4GB but would consider other brands if the they are solid and a great deal. What would be considered maybe the 2 other top brands of this card along with MSI?  Sapphire I would assume is really good and I've heard bad things about PowerColor, but what about Asus & XFX?

Just looked at NewEgg and they have an MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB for $169.99 plus there is a $20.00 mail-in rebate per card bringing the price to $149.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137050&ignorebbr=1

Interesting... i never noticed that Armor GPU before. Anyone actually used these in a mining rig?  I am wondering what the difference is between these and the MSI Gaming 4GB, which are what I have. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137024

Seems like the Armor have slightly slower mem clock (6600 vs 6700) and consume 10w more power (120 vs 110), but wondering if there are any other differences that would affect mining efficiency.  Both Amazon and NewEgg have the gaming now at $193 - $15 rebate, so $178, which is the lowest I've seen.  Still, that Armor is $28 less.  The crappy thing is that MSI limits these rebates to 1 per model. But, I guess I could get 1 of each which would bring me up to 5 cards for my new rig and I would only need 1 more.  Waiting to see if there are any mega deals tomorrow.
Activity: 742
I am a windows 7 guy I get coa's on eBay for a Pc scrape seller.

I've used this method to buy W7 and W10 off of ebay.  It works.  I sleep slightly better at night  Grin

I just bought W7 on Ebay and installed W10 using activation code
Activity: 615
I am a windows 7 guy I get coa's on eBay for a Pc scrape seller.

I've used this method to buy W7 and W10 off of ebay.  It works.  I sleep slightly better at night  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: