Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 49. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Yeah I have done a lot of four card builds .

If you use the biostar no back plates.

I know the 199 usd msi rx 470 has no back plate and fits on the biostar board.

I looked at the 169 used msi rx 470 I think it is good and has no backplate.

I am a windows 7 guy I get coa's on eBay for a Pc scrape seller.

He sends me a cutout  coa along with part of the dead pc.  It is legal and 10 to 15 usd for the price.

The biostar uses an m2 ssd 1 less wire.
No USB risers less wires.

And if you run GPUS a bit slower you can find 750 watt plat pcs on sale. The corsair ax 750 plat does the job.

One last thing make sure the m2 ssd is 120-240 gb.

I get crucial refurbished from new egg 240 gb 55 bucks. 16 bucks more  for 240 gb

I have found with Zec if you can find a cheap used i5 like the 6500t it is nice but does jump up price from the pentimums 4400.  That is 140 vs 60 that is a big jump.

But I just do it.  I get to run Zec at high intensity.

I can run 4 gpus doing Zec with the CPU mining 3 threads and watch a Netflix with zero issues.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
add 60 the rebate works once not four time.

But the bottom line is about 1000-1100 for a four card rig.

Post edited.

Thanks Phil.

Cheers,

- zed
legendary
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
Yeah very nice to see that price creep up.  I finally eclipsed 1 ZEC with my modest 4-card rig and tempted to sell a bit of it now but in reality, I will probably just hold it. Not like selling half of it is going to make any real difference for me so might as well hold and see if it takes off.

I have most of what I need to build my 2nd rig when I get back in town next week, but only have 3 GPUs so hoping to find some good deals during the black friday/cyber monday craze.  Anyone know what kind of deals to expect on 470's?  I would highly prefer to stay with MSI 4GB but would consider other brands if the they are solid and a great deal. What would be considered maybe the 2 other top brands of this card along with MSI?  Sapphire I would assume is really good and I've heard bad things about PowerColor, but what about Asus & XFX?

Just looked at NewEgg and they have an MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB for $169.99 plus there is a $20.00 mail-in rebate per card bringing the price to $149.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137050&ignorebbr=1

Using a variation on Phil's original bill of materials to build a mining rig (from earlier in this thread):

Qty | Item | Price | Rebate | Row Total
legendary
Yeah very nice to see that price creep up.  I finally eclipsed 1 ZEC with my modest 4-card rig and tempted to sell a bit of it now but in reality, I will probably just hold it. Not like selling half of it is going to make any real difference for me so might as well hold and see if it takes off.

I have most of what I need to build my 2nd rig when I get back in town next week, but only have 3 GPUs so hoping to find some good deals during the black friday/cyber monday craze.  Anyone know what kind of deals to expect on 470's?  I would highly prefer to stay with MSI 4GB but would consider other brands if the they are solid and a great deal. What would be considered maybe the 2 other top brands of this card along with MSI?  Sapphire I would assume is really good and I've heard bad things about PowerColor, but what about Asus & XFX?

here is a msi rx 470 for 200 - 15 discount instant  = 185  and a rebate which you may have done.

links coming

CHEERS2DEALS  $15 off code

https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MSI-RX470G

rebate for 15
https://www.superbiiz.com/images/rebate/MSI-AMD-MIR-2016-1101_1130-Video%20Card-ALT-16939%20Channel.pdf

so 200 -15 = 185 - 15 = 170 + 5 to ship 175 net
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Yeah very nice to see that price creep up.  I finally eclipsed 1 ZEC with my modest 4-card rig and tempted to sell a bit of it now but in reality, I will probably just hold it. Not like selling half of it is going to make any real difference for me so might as well hold and see if it takes off.

I have most of what I need to build my 2nd rig when I get back in town next week, but only have 3 GPUs so hoping to find some good deals during the black friday/cyber monday craze.  Anyone know what kind of deals to expect on 470's?  I would highly prefer to stay with MSI 4GB but would consider other brands if the they are solid and a great deal. What would be considered maybe the 2 other top brands of this card along with MSI?  Sapphire I would assume is really good and I've heard bad things about PowerColor, but what about Asus & XFX?
legendary
Zec is doing a big time rally  now close to .108  up from .073

For me 0.400 zec a day = 0.0432 btc  at  739 usd = 32 usd a day

I use about 1900 watts so 2 x 24 = 48 kwatts  that is 6.10 a day  lets say the heat is worth 1.10  I spend 5 a day on power and 32 -5 = 27 profit a day x 30 = 810 a month.

I feel there are more then 150 companies that benefit from the success of this coin.

The market cap is small it is easy to feed money into exchanges to boos price of coin

ram companies

ADATA
(29)

AddOn
(203)

All Components, Inc.
(5)

AMC Optics
(5)

AMD
(1)

Approved Memory
(Cool

Avexir
(38)

Axiom
(191)

Cisco Systems, Inc.
(2)

Corsair
(378)

Crucial
(105)

DELL
(4)

EDGE Tech
(3)

EP Memory
(1)

G.SKILL
(664)

GeIL
(36)

Hewlett-Packard
(10)

HyperX
(137)

Kingston Technology Corp.
(29)

KLEVV
(11)

Lenovo
(6)

Mushkin Enhanced
(52)

Patriot Memory
(27)

Team Group
(95)

V7
(2)

VisionTek
(15)

Wintec Industries
(20)

Xcsource
(1)

YKS
(1)

router companies

Actiontec
(1)

AddOn
(2)

ADTRAN
(16)

Amped Wireless
(18)

Anonabox LLC
(2)

Apple
(2)

ARRIS Group, Inc
(5)

Aruba Networks, Inc
(1)

ASRock
(2)

ASUS
(45)

B&B Electronics Mfg. Co
(1)

Belkin
(3)

Buffalo Technology
(3)

Cisco Systems, Inc.
(84)

Comtrend
(4)

CP Tech/Level One
(1)

CP TECHNOLOGIES
(1)

Digi International
(15)

D-Link
(17)

EDIMAX
(5)

eero
(3)

EnGenius Technologies
(3)

Enterasys Networks, Inc.
(1)

Fortinet Inc.
(1)

FreedomPop
(1)

Geek Buying
(1)

Google
(2)

Hawking Technology
(1)

Hewlett-Packard
(5)

Huawei
(1)

Intellinet Network Solutions
(1)

IOGEAR
(2)

Juniper Networks, Inc.
(3)

KASDA Networks Inc
(4)

Keewifi kisslink
(1)

Lenovo
(4)

LevelOne
(1)

Linksys
(26)

MANHATTAN
(2)

Multi-Tech
(2)

Netgear Inc.
(27)

Netis Systems
(13)

Northwest
(1)

On Networks
(1)

Premiertek
(2)

Rosewill
(1)

SECURIFI
(3)

STARTECH
(1)

Synology Inc.
(1)

Tenda
(6)

TP-Link
(41)

TRENDnet
(12)

Tripp Lite
(1)

Ubiquiti Networks
(19)

Valcom, Inc
(1)

WatchGuard
(9)

XBLUE Networks
(1)

Zhone Technologies, Inc.
(5)

Zoom Technologies Inc.
(1)

ZyXEL
(7)

video card companies
Acer America
(1)

AMD
(10)

AMD Radeon Memory
(1)

ARCTIC
(1)

ASUS
(401)

ATI
(13)

Comsory
(20)

DELL
(20)

Diamond
(3)

Diamond Multimedia
(15)

EbuyWorld
(2)

ETopSell
(4)

EVGA
(782)

Force3D
(3)

GIGABYTE
(214)

Hewlett-Packard
(37)

Inno3D
(237)

Jaton Corporation
(74)

JNTworld
(1)

Laintek
(203)

Lenovo
(5)

matrox
(1)

MSI
(432)

Nady Systems
(1)

NightForce
(1)

NVIDIA
(51)

OEM Parts Supply
(1)

PNY Technologies, Inc.
(200)

PowerBase
(2)

PowerColor
(39)

Sapphire Tech
(92)

TOMTOP
(4)

Tonstep
(23)

topdigi
(4)

V7
(10)

VisionTek
(439)

Wintek Technology Int'l Limited
(78)

XFX
(79)

ZOTAC
(253)
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
If anyone is interested I have the following below I will be selling soon.  Everything runs great I am just moving temporarily for work and won't be continuing to run this rig and maybe my other.

Biostar Racing Z170GT7 mobo
Intel Pentium G4400
Kingston HyperX FURY Black 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
(3) PowerColor RED DEVIL Radeon RX 470 4GBD5-3DH/OC 4GB
Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 ATX12VPSU & EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 ATX12V PSU

Please PM if there is any interest before I create a listing on the sales thread.
Phil , how do you sell your ZEC ?
do you sell everything ? with a feature like auto-sell , or do you follow the charts ?

I sell the ZEC the moment it is in my exchange account. I reckon it will drop to 60-70% of current price due to the increased supply.

I stopped mining zec and went to Nicehash multi.
I'm getting the same pay all the way around right now (zec/xmr/eth)
And it's straight into my btc account

I thought the fee in the Nicehash renting service is 3%. So it that similar profitable to the mining directly?

The fee is 3%
But when you add in claymore fee selling at exchange fee withdraw fee
For me a small miner it's best to use nicehash ATM
The difference right now is 13 cents a card if I mine directly
Activity: 501
do you sell everything ? with a feature like auto-sell , or do you follow the charts ?

I sold everything on the market price every time I got the payment from flypool (0.01 ZEC).

This "strategy" worked from day 1.

So you make manual sales couple of time per day ?

In my case , I'm currently trying the auto-sell feature from bittrex, but I can't understand what rate they use for the sale. (is it the column "bid/ask" or the column "actual rate" when you look at the order history ?)
If someone use it and understood it, I would be glad to have an explaination.
Activity: 132
Merit: 2
MR06Q8ZM3194

I sell the ZEC the moment it is in my exchange account. I reckon it will drop to 60-70% of current price due to the increased supply.

I thought the fee in the Nicehash renting service is 3%. So it that similar profitable to the mining directly?

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

legendary

I sold everything on the market price every time I got the payment from flypool (0.01 ZEC).

I vary on this  I do 1 sale a day.  I have grabbed a few bounces.
Activity: 742

legendary
For now I am doing about 180 for power and 558 for coins monthly  with zec

I like zec due to stable downclock undervolt

fans at 50% cards at 60c

300 watts on a 3 card rig

400 watts on a 4 card rig

I will stick with zec for now 

I know Eth may be the final choice.

I do have a 4 card rig on eth  580 watts stable 92 mh

I would move to eth soon but power could jump from

7.7 amps at 240 to 10 amps at 240
Pofitability vary each day , and maybe 2-3 times a day.
Hard to change mining, earn enough, and get the payment confirmed to the trading platform soon enough to sell before the profitability change .... Sad
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
WARNING:

Truly ask yourselves about mining profitability.

Take all of the Factors into consideration:
* There is an improved speed by about 15-25% for Claymore's v7.0 for ZEC
* There is an power improvement by 5% for Claymore's v7.0 for ZEC
* Previous Claymore's V6.0 for ZEC was 32% less profitable than Claymores Dual 7.4 for ETH
* There is a 14% drop in ZEC price

I add all of these numbers up and it does not seem profitable to mine ZEC unless you see some future profitability in ZEC holdings...I do not.

This forum has helped me so, I am hoping to help you in this information.

ETH profitabiity has also dropped quite a bit the last week - you pretty much have to crunch the CURRENT numbers on at least a daily basis.

Also really need to factor in the other options as well, like XMR and ETC et cetera.
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org