Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 46. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
been catching up on ETH thread....

seems the hard fork and other issues with Mist and Parity are now cleared and settled and heavy chatter on going to POS.....

looks like ETH mining days are numbered, and will remain mining ZEC since it is also settling to its market price (I hope).

My only consolation is I bought some ETH recently at 7.99 and looks like I am going to ride it hard and take advantage of the incoming hype (.... or tanking of ETH).

I stumbled upon the 'shapeshift' feature of the Jaxx wallet. Kinda easy to change my position in and out of supported coins. Has anyone else used it? Very convenient.

While I was googling exactly who they are, I also stumbled upon their story. Very interesting to read and understand

I am a long time user of shapeshift because I also mine Scrypt and X11, so going back and forth to BTC is so easy with SS.

They had an unfortunate "insider hack" incident - the CEO wrote a detailed blog about it - very interesting on how he managed the whole incident and also the rouge ex-IT guy.... google it. That story could be a thriller cybercrime movie.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

seems the hard fork and other issues with Mist and Parity are now cleared and settled and heavy chatter on going to POS.....

looks like ETH mining days are numbered, and will remain mining ZEC since it is also settling to its market price (I hope).

My only consolation is I bought some ETH recently at 7.99 and looks like I am going to ride it hard and take advantage of the incoming hype (.... or tanking of ETH).

I stumbled upon the 'shapeshift' feature of the Jaxx wallet. Kinda easy to change my position in and out of supported coins. Has anyone else used it? Very convenient.

While I was googling exactly who they are, I also stumbled upon their story. Very interesting to read and understand

I use Jaxx.  I think it is so easy to use.  It is my favorite exchange.  I have 5 wallets because I never want to keep everything in one spot:

1. Airbitz - ease of use, buy starbucks/target at a discount
2. GreenAddress.it - Best Security
3. Jaxx - ease of use, best exchange
4. Mycelium - ease of use, local bitcoin exchange, use as a backup wallet
5. Coinbase - I only use this one due to exchanging $ to BTC.  They report all transactions to the US gov and the three letter tax collecting agency in the US.

I have tried many different wallets and exchanges.  I have chosen these based upon study of them, their story and their ease of use, but never fully trust any of them with all of my money.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Go to this site on nicehash and evaluate the gpu's compared to one another and pick the top 3 gpu's based on the basis of cost/watt.  Then evaluate the hash/watt.

Site is almost useless to me, as it either has totally WRONG information or no information at all about prettty much every GPU I own.
 WhatToMine is better - it at least has the GTX 1070 and R9 280x as options, though it's numbers on those aren't quite right it DOES make it easy to plug in posted (or my own) numbers.

IMO the only thing Monero has going for it is that it DOES at least have one 32-bit mining client (for Nvidia, oddly enough - then you realise the 750Ti is VERY efficient at Monero mining and it makes sense - I suspect there are quite a few folks that upgraded old XT machines with that card).

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

Activity: 742

Does it look for you that Monero can be an alternative soon?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Wait on the nanos. There allegedly is a 490 coming "soon". It will use HBM2, if you believe all the hype

Claymore's magic miner can't work further with current 480s but supersonic on the Fury/Nanos with HBM -- I look forward to the 490s with HBM but.... $$$ cant be too expensive - ie. more than a Nano. Also Nanoes are small - half the size with many cores vs the RX4XX, which is ridiculously long and bulky.... decisions, decisions...

Proportionally, in terms of the bandwidth, the R9 nano is not doing better than the R9 390. Nano has 4096 core and 512 GB/s. The 390 has 2560 core and 384 GB/s.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Thank you very much !!!

in addition to Claymore's Ethman... I am also trying out awesomeminer.com so that i can explore an alternative to setting a proxy server. That software has Android and IOS clients and also builtin in script language for customisation. You might want to check it out.

I have also experimenting on simplemining.net and ethOS for a future all Linux rig deployment.
Activity: 501
Thank you very much !!!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Electric Cost = $0.12 cents per KW

12 c / kwh is getting into *OUCH* range on electric cost.

The entire reason I moved last summer was that I considered 7.5-8c/kwh 9 months 14plus the other 3 months was way too high.

ETH is probably getting hammered because of the "2'nd and 3'd hard fork" issue, which are happening to cure the long-running issue with attacks overloading the network but some folks think any fork is a bad thing.

Even with that, *for me* ETH has been more profitable the last few days, abet it's close.

My electricity cost is basically "fixed" right now, but I'm in a rather odd situation for at least the next few months - but even if it wasn't, my electric cost is low enough I doubt that the power savings ZEC has would make up for the lower income *IN MY CASE*

Don't take anyone's word for it, crunch the numbers yourself because they DO vary.

I'm personnally mining at 0,18$/kWh, and that's still profitable. Of course says goodbye to 290 and such, but with RX 470, a little with R9 380 and 1070, I find a way to be profitable.

My 2 test rigs are 290s and 370s -- the 290s are really power hungry just like the 390s. The 370s uses very little power.

<>

sorry for long sharing.

Citronick , how do you use Ethman monitoring with smartphone ? Would give a try. Thank you !

havent tried that yet, but ethman dashboard is web-server ready port 8000.

so if you do port routing on your router, you can access this dashboard using your phone browser just like any website....

http:\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:8000, where xxx is your public IP address.

Personally, I avoid this method because its a security risk in my opinion and bad things happen if the bad guys know your public IP address.

So I use Teamviewer on my Note 5 and access my management server at the farm. I try to avoid using TV on the phone because its simply too small of a screen but cant be helped during "emergency" situations. A decent tablet will be more suitable. Or wait till you get back home in front of your PC, and sipping a cuppa or beer....

I also have CCTV viewer on phone to see my farm (non-BTC), where I have a giant clock/temp next to my workstation. I use this more often because I need to manage the temps. I have invested on a "blower" but i need to experiment for maximum heat disposal out of the warehouse.... work in progress. I will post a separate thread on this topic.

sorry for long sharing...

legendary
Mine for a Bit
Do you guys know what happened to ETH price ?
It is quite low ..

Buy and hodl

I think I will get 25 coins today.

I dumped my DASH stash and bought ETH just awhile ago -- seldom see this price point and the volume is also increasing.

I am still mining Zcash and xfering it immediately into BTC.  It will be a while for ETH to recover all of the successful Hacker Attacks....who would want to put some information into a system that can be hacked successfully every few weeks.  This has a lot of conflict for me, especially on the longevity.  On the other hand, as a miner, I will mine it if it is more profitable than the other spectrum of coins because I can change to another coin within hours.

Grin I am purely chasing a handsome profit when ETH goes up a few points.

Its been a long time since I have seen ETH at this price level, so like Philip said... buy and hold game will be a nice strategy.

Bought at 7.99.

Now at 8.50 8.30 Grin

Thanks Philip for timely strategy.

You did well, congrats!  I played it safe on this one.  Good Job! 
Activity: 501
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Do you guys know what happened to ETH price ?
It is quite low ..

Buy and hodl

I think I will get 25 coins today.

I dumped my DASH stash and bought ETH just awhile ago -- seldom see this price point and the volume is also increasing.

I am still mining Zcash and xfering it immediately into BTC.  It will be a while for ETH to recover all of the successful Hacker Attacks....who would want to put some information into a system that can be hacked successfully every few weeks.  This has a lot of conflict for me, especially on the longevity.  On the other hand, as a miner, I will mine it if it is more profitable than the other spectrum of coins because I can change to another coin within hours.

Grin I am purely chasing a handsome profit when ETH goes up a few points.

Its been a long time since I have seen ETH at this price level, so like Philip said... buy and hold game will be a nice strategy.

Bought at 7.99.

Now at 8.50 8.30 Grin

Thanks Philip for timely strategy.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Wait on the nanos. There allegedly is a 490 coming "soon". It will use HBM2, if you believe all the hype

Claymore's magic miner can't work further with current 480s but supersonic on the Fury/Nanos with HBM -- I look forward to the 490s with HBM but.... $$$ cant be too expensive - ie. more than a Nano. Also Nanoes are small - half the size with many cores vs the RX4XX, which is ridiculously long and bulky.... decisions, decisions...

pretty easy for me  I am in house my garage power is pretty high cost and the rx are better for heat management.

I have room for 10 pc's in house

and for 4 pc's at the solar array

that would be about 56 cards.

today it is 60 f in NJ so it will get too hot .

at 30 f I can do 24 amps in my garage.

but at 60f I have to cut back on the heat around 7 amps.

I am going to shut some gear off tonight.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I'm at about 168 Sol/s with intensity = 3.

What is yours set to? Core? Mem?

legendary
Mine for a Bit
I am going to set one of my rigs to Dwarfpool to see how it works.  Seems to have a more accurate hashrate than Flypool.

Zcash Pool started on 27th Nov.
0% fee first week until end of 4th.Dec

Mine On

Dwarf is late to the game.

They need to have enough users to get many blocks per day/hour etc.

When I tried it the other day, they got only 2 blocks in 24 hours.... hope that they are getting more now.

Anyways, I decided to stick to Flypool because the payment to Polo is very fast.

I am currently 27 kH/s, spread over 25 rigs / 125 x GPUs, 0.5 ZEC every 5 hours like clock work.

The diff level going higher will mean that 5 hours will probably be 6 or 7 hours soon....  Embarrassed

I  am at 4kh and I am doing about .4 zec a day. 

I am waiting on parts I will expand to 5 or 6kh

I think ZEC is kind off settling at "market" price now and with plus points of power savings and heat reduction, plus Claymore's v8 miner, IMHO edging ETH.

I hope ZEC can stay at this price levels for long term.

I have enough points for 5 more x Z170s, my next expansion will be RX470 x 4 per rig.

I am still mulling over RX480 or RX470 or get more Nanos (price is expensive for this card  Huh) ..... any feedback?

Go to this site on nicehash and evaluate the gpu's compared to one another and pick the top 3 gpu's based on the basis of cost/watt.  Then evaluate the hash/watt.

Profitability Calculator:  https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc

I think you will find that the most efficient gpu at $/Hash/watt is the RX 470 4gb.  I would even go so far as to say for $10 more you could get the RX 480 4gb. 
IMHO I would recommend the MSI brand for the ease of strapping and probably go with the MSI RX 480 4GB Gaming X.  I am getting 188SOLs/gpu with the MSI RX 470 gaming x GPU. 

My Thoughts...

Yeah, I think I'll wait for the 490's too.. in the meantime if I get any more it's going to be the cheapest 470 4gb for around 170 usd.

I agree with this strategy.

I'd build out more rigs now, but I'm running out of practical space.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Yeah, I think I'll wait for the 490's too.. in the meantime if I get any more it's going to be the cheapest 470 4gb for around 170 usd.
Pages:
Jump to: