Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 60. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
claymore deserves a golden claymore to display on his wall for his hard work
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
big boost with claymore 4.0

7 cards = 395mh or about 56.5 H/s

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Totally agree on the upgrade to 4.0!  Now getting about 65 sols per RX 470 with it.

Regarding that message at flypool... it's been there for a couple of weeks already so not really sure it applied to the most recent drop.  Not 100% i am calculating this right but yesterday I was getting .01 ZEC payout every 5-6 hours.  My last payout was at 18:51... now its 21:00 and I have almost .003 ZEC but that includes about 15-20 of down-time while I was upgrading to v4.0... so, maybe it's ok.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Does anyone know what is going on with ZEC shares reporting on flypool?  I was humming along all day yesterday averaging about 260-270 valid shares per bar on their bar graph belwo the hashrate average chart but today I wake up and check it and the last 6-7 bard have roughly been cut in half... so averaging only about 135 per bar.  I've got the exact same average overall hashrate of about 220-240 that is was running at yesterday and same <1% stale shares.

Anyone know what this means?  Is there a problem that will reduce profits per hour/day/etc?  Or, is this another change in reporting made by flypool?

I've noticed the same thing.  I had to go through each rig to confirm that all cards were indeed running

FIRST:

ATTENTION: We have deployed a new statistics module which aggregates submitted shares differently. It is normal that your total number of shares is now lower than previously. Earnings are not affected by this change!

SECOND:

Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version v4.0:

- improved speed by about 20% (depends on card model). Up to 100H/s on stock 390X on "-i 2" mode.
- added "-retrydelay" option.
- added "-nofee" option.
- various bug fixes.
- changed coloring.
- EthMan: added "View miner console" command.

LINKS:

GOOGLE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B69wv2iqszefdmJickl5MF9BOEE?usp=sharing
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!P0ZjFDjC!Cmb-ZRqlbAnNrajRtp4zvA

UPGRADE!
legendary
Phil,

Will play this evening

Clay's miner is awesome - v4.0 6x RX 480 + CPU = 450H/s

Kinda cool!
Have you tried without CPU see if you get more sol/s ?
And are those stock or modded?

I'm going to bring down all 6 card rigs to 5. To get those higher sol/s
And upgrade cpus eventually

With the recent gains due to the new miner versions, I've decided to turn off my CPU miners and save the electricity.  The shares from the CPU  are no longer very efficient

you may be correct with this.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Phil,

Will play this evening

Kinda cool!

With the recent gains due to the new miner versions, I've decided to turn off my CPU miners and save the electricity.  The shares from the CPU  are no longer very efficient
Does anyone know what is going on with ZEC shares reporting on flypool?  I was humming along all day yesterday averaging about 260-270 valid shares per bar on their bar graph belwo the hashrate average chart but today I wake up and check it and the last 6-7 bard have roughly been cut in half... so averaging only about 135 per bar.  I've got the exact same average overall hashrate of about 220-240 that is was running at yesterday and same <1% stale shares.

Anyone know what this means?  Is there a problem that will reduce profits per hour/day/etc?  Or, is this another change in reporting made by flypool?

I've noticed the same thing.  I had to go through each rig to confirm that all cards were indeed running
Activity: 600
Merit: 261

Activity: 742
Phil,

Will play this evening

Kinda cool!

1) The same rate with or without CPU
2) All cards have a custom made ROMs
Activity: 672
Phil,

Will play this evening

Kinda cool!

Phil,

Will play this evening

Kinda cool!
legendary
i5 seems to be best   if the rig is full on mining .  you can point 3 or 4  threads at the cash.

Phil - I just used default command line fo Claymore and CPU miner. Should I change anything?

on the cpu miner :

if you put -t 4  on the end of the bat file  it does 4 threads on an i5 four thread cpu or an i7 8 thread cpu

I find -t 3 or -t 4  works well for i5 4 cores

I find -t 5 or -t 6 works well for i7 4 core hyper thread.

there is variation on i5's and i 7's and mob's

but gen 4  and gen 6 are decent   older ones are a little slower.

my asus z170A board has a i5 6500t   and it does very well with -t 3 or -t 4 at the end of the bat file
i5 seems to be best   if the rig is full on mining .  you can point 3 or 4  threads at the cash.

Phil - I just used default command line fo Claymore and CPU miner. Should I change anything?
legendary

minimum required for mining is SSE? no?

having AES and AVX is a bonus and will give you more hash

can anyone confirm?

LoneRangir is most knowledgeable on it here. But maybe somebody has practical experience

I exchange my Celeron on Intel Core i5-4690K and now have 6x RX 480 Nitro+ it is giving me stable 17.3H/S. Whole rig ~370H/s with 710W from the wall

Nice setup ps_jb.

i5-4690K + 480s is a sweet spot and looks attractive now.

i5 seems to be best   if the rig is full on mining .  you can point 3 or 4  threads at cash.

I am doing really well with 4 rx 470's and 1 i5 6500t   close to 260h
Guys,

Any good expectation from this CPU - i7 980X LGA 1366?

I found a MB sitting in the pile of computer parts in my garage

For ZEC CPU mining? I would guess not. It does not have AVX instruction support.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core%20i7%20Extreme%20Edition%20I7-980X%20AT80613003543AE%20(BX80613I7980X).html

can anyone confirm?

Give it a try and let us know, but I think it will not be worth it IMHO.

Those CPUs are very power hungry.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

can anyone confirm?

LoneRangir is most knowledgeable on it here. But maybe somebody has practical experience

I exchange my Celeron on Intel Core i5-4690K and now have 6x RX 480 Nitro+ it is giving me stable 17.3H/S. Whole rig ~370H/s with 710W from the wall

Nice setup ps_jb.

i5-4690K + 480s is a sweet spot and looks attractive now.
very nice pic Citronick! all clean
So many network cables, 6 network routers, separate power strip for box fans etc

I'm building my second rig Saturday on WiFi dongle - let's see how it will work

Should eliminate that macaroni crap
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
very nice pic Citronick! all clean

clean... is over statement  Grin

Still have a lot of room for improvement. So many network cables, 6 network routers, separate power strip for box fans etc. Proxy servers still half done, Teamviewer and VNC servers still on old and slow PCs.... the list goes on, but keeps me busy.

Getting those steel frame racks, gives some structure in layout and most importantly air-flow.

Always direct air flow UP.... hot air goes up... best lesson so far... and gave me 3-4c reduction in temps.

Also, good modded BIOS to low power (like Heliox on 480s) gave big difference in power consumption and temps.

I also have recently invested in 2 x air blower/sucker? I am still figuring out the placement etc to get best ventilation for the 26 production rigs and 4 testing rigs

can anyone confirm?

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Guys,

Any good expectation from this CPU - i7 980X LGA 1366?

I found a MB sitting in the pile of computer parts in my garage

For ZEC CPU mining? I would guess not. It does not have AVX instruction support.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core%20i7%20Extreme%20Edition%20I7-980X%20AT80613003543AE%20(BX80613I7980X).html

can anyone confirm?
Pages:
Jump to: