Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 62. (Read 147923 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
hmmm... interesting points about Intel potentially impacting the price of ZEC to promote higher CPU sales.  Certainly it is possible but AMD & NVidia would benefit much more from pumping ZEC right?  Because most Intel CPUs will only provide about 50% hash-rate vs just 1 high end GPU... and you can of course build a rig with 4-6 GPUs, so the effective impact of the CPU on a mining rig for ZEC is only about 10% of the overall hash-rate.  Still, I do think Intel could benefit from pumping/buying ZEC... I doubt AMD can afford to do much but maybe NVidia can afford to impact it a bit.

Well for now  I have hash on ETH and ZEC.  I sell my ETH and I am now holding my ZEC

Interesting to hear that from you Phil. I'm doing the exact inverse, by auto-selling my ZEC and holding my ETH. May I have the reasons of such a choice Smiley ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

I have also heard of issues with the h81 BTC Pro.  I use the MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 with 7 PCIEs:    
Here is the motherboard:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130770.
Here is how to hook up 7 GPUs:  https://youtu.be/EWVyutw3hZk

The MSI Gaming Z97 Gaming 5 price is double the BIOSTAR, but have to look into the BIOSTAR TB85.  This price is very intriguing!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
hmmm... interesting points about Intel potentially impacting the price of ZEC to promote higher CPU sales.  Certainly it is possible but AMD & NVidia would benefit much more from pumping ZEC right?  Because most Intel CPUs will only provide about 50% hash-rate vs just 1 high end GPU... and you can of course build a rig with 4-6 GPUs, so the effective impact of the CPU on a mining rig for ZEC is only about 10% of the overall hash-rate.  Still, I do think Intel could benefit from pumping/buying ZEC... I doubt AMD can afford to do much but maybe NVidia can afford to impact it a bit.

Well for now  I have hash on ETH and ZEC.  I sell my ETH and I am now holding my ZEC
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
legendary
as I said a rally .  

http://coinmarketcap.com/

1   Bitcoin Bitcoin   $11,339,854,622   $710.25   15,965,892 BTC

2   Ethereum Ethereum   $925,295,508   $10.79   85,773,991 ETH

39   Zcash Zcash   $5,668,146   $367.59   15,420 ZEC   

Look how easy it is for Intel to bump price.

Tell what me what  commercial makes you want an intel cpu i 5 or better

the one with  Sheldon  Cooper and  Michael Phelps

or zec at 1 btc due to intel buying the coins .

wouldnt surprise me if amd or nvidia jumped on it and bought some

You think Intel, AMD, and Nvidia mine alt coins?  

No but I think their combined worth is over 50 billion usd

Actually more like 70 billion usd.

And the market cap of Zec is about 6 million dollars.

So if they buy coins on an exchange it does not cost much to move the price to 1 btc.

Which would sell a shitload more CPUs and gpus not to mention mobos and atx psus.

So just buy some Zec at exchanges and it is far better the paying an Olympian and a TV start to do a commercial.

If Zec keeps higher then 1 btc tons and tons and tons of gear will be sold .

With a six million dollar cap the companies above can pump the price easy via exchange purchases

I see... cheaper than R&D and advertising.

Yep and if you read all my thoughts on alt coins since the spring,you would see I have said this about eth and predicted a replacement coin would come .

Which would be Zec.

If you need to buy a pc for your business Zec really gives a strong incentive for you to get an i5 or i7

Like a hp pavilion 510-50.  Or a Lenovo m700.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
as I said a rally .  

So if they buy coins on an exchange it does not cost much to move the price to 1 btc.

Which would sell a shitload more CPUs and gpus not to mention mobos and atx psus.

So just buy some Zec at exchanges and it is far better the paying an Olympian and a TV start to do a commercial.

With a six million dollar cap the companies above can pump the price easy via exchange purchases

I see... cheaper than R&D and advertising.
legendary
as I said a rally .  

as I said a rally .  

Activity: 672
as I said a rally . 

Tell what me what  commercial makes you want an intel cpu i 5 or better

the one with  Sheldon  Cooper and  Michael Phelps

ZEC finally having a good day (at least for now lol)... back up over .4 BTC / $300 USD.  Might be short-lived but I'm just happy to see a day without a 20% drop lol.  Not that the whopping .15 ZEC i've mined with my 1 4-card rig amounts to much anyway, but was just about to switch back over to ETH with my GPUs, then this happened. I guess it wont hurt to keep mining ZEC for a while longer lol.

BTW... I am heading out of town soon and the wife knows nothing about how to maintain my rig, so was looking into remote desktop control options.  Windows built-in remote PC control seems to be a decent option since the 2 PCs i want to control remotely are both on W7 and my travelling laptop is W10.  Is this a good way to go for just my minimal set-up?  Looking for something both easy to set up and easy to operate.  Just curious what people are using and recommendations for my specific case.  Thanks!

I use the chrome remote desktop app. You can add it right in the the chrome browser on your desktops, and add the app to your phone.
legendary
as I said a rally . 

Tell what me what  commercial makes you want an intel cpu i 5 or better

the one with  Sheldon  Cooper and  Michael Phelps

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
ZEC finally having a good day (at least for now lol)... back up over .4 BTC / $300 USD.  Might be short-lived but I'm just happy to see a day without a 20% drop lol.  Not that the whopping .15 ZEC i've mined with my 1 4-card rig amounts to much anyway, but was just about to switch back over to ETH with my GPUs, then this happened. I guess it wont hurt to keep mining ZEC for a while longer lol.

BTW... I am heading out of town soon and the wife knows nothing about how to maintain my rig, so was looking into remote desktop control options.  Windows built-in remote PC control seems to be a decent option since the 2 PCs i want to control remotely are both on W7 and my travelling laptop is W10.  Is this a good way to go for just my minimal set-up?  Looking for something both easy to set up and easy to operate.  Just curious what people are using and recommendations for my specific case.  Thanks!
legendary
Profitability seems to match Eth now

With the current block reward it will.
Maybe once the full block reward is given we will see a stable number hopefully it will be profitable
I think .5 btc will be the stable number.

Already dropped below that.

I'm not betting on it being stable even at 0.1 - where's the "retailer acceptance" that is the ONLY thing that can support a price long-term?

On the other hand, the block reward is still ramping up - I'm crunching the numbers at least once a day between ZEC, ETH, and the other option I originally BUILT most of my recent rigs for and switching as appropriate.

Worst case, I've already had  a week of "double or more the profitability" out of my existing GPU rigs AND the new 3-card rig. 8-)

Price will get shored up  by intel.

some math to follow.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/market_cap/zcash/usd
Activity: 279
Merit: 104
Guys,
If you are looking to buy a cpu for cpu-mining and need some info on their relative performance,
this might shed some light.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/overclocked_cpus.html
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Profitability seems to match Eth now

With the current block reward it will.
Maybe once the full block reward is given we will see a stable number hopefully it will be profitable
I think .5 btc will be the stable number.

Already dropped below that.

I'm not betting on it being stable even at 0.1 - where's the "retailer acceptance" that is the ONLY thing that can support a price long-term?

On the other hand, the block reward is still ramping up - I'm crunching the numbers at least once a day between ZEC, ETH, and the other option I originally BUILT most of my recent rigs for and switching as appropriate.

Worst case, I've already had  a week of "double or more the profitability" out of my existing GPU rigs AND the new 3-card rig. 8-)
legendary
I saw another intriguing CPU in another thread. The E3-1265L-v3 "should" work in our non-server motherboards.

Nope Sad

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Xeon/E3-1265L_v3.html

D'oh!

Awesome link, though! Thanks

easy to get confused there are a lot of CPU models.
Pages:
Jump to: