Pages:
Author

Topic: My sweet and bitter experience about bitcoin - page 11. (Read 4641 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101
September 18, 2018, 07:00:15 PM
The experiences had initially was exhilarating but it has suddenly come to a halt because of the general dip in the market. I am so expectant of a change/bull run for the market to turn things around. The waiting results I believe will be evident soon
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 06:14:52 PM
I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

Does anyone have similar experience
I think everyone also experience this scenario.Apparently spme of them will worry when price drops happens particularly those have huge investments but i think we already know how everything in crypto works,so we must be brave and have courage..invest what we can afford to loose inorder not to regret if invested money would loose or fail.
Activity: 827
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 06:08:30 PM
A sweet and bitter experience about bitcoin must be passed by many people including me. I am optimistic and believe that these people have experienced this. between the sweet and bitter experience that we can take and we choose as one of the lessons in getting profit.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
“Global loyalty & rewards”
September 18, 2018, 06:04:01 PM
You are absolutely right no one can predict the future of BTC and crypto at large, but I love the last statement of your topic. Everything happens for a purpose, it make you grow and wise up in order not to make similar mistakes which might cost you much than before. Let's all try to learn from our mistakes.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 04:59:03 PM
Investing in cryptocurrency is really a kind of swing. No one knows the exact future of bitcoin, but we still continue to invest.
Activity: 28
September 18, 2018, 04:46:21 PM
I can imagine that you first wanted to use crypto as a store of value, like most of us do.
But then greed took over in December, which is not necessary a bad thing.
However, you should not have traded your valuable coins to some random altcoins to reduce your loss.
Also if the answer to the first question was a store of value then you did not succeed your experiment,
because you did not keep it for a long time. Next time, decide what you want to accomplish with your investment
and stick to the plan.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
September 18, 2018, 04:20:21 PM
There's no point regretting mate. No one is absolutely sure of what the future holds, be glad you even made profit, as for me I got greedy and left my portfolio. Now the portfolio is a shadow of itself.
Activity: 160
Merit: 14
September 18, 2018, 03:54:26 PM
I think those in this forum, including me, have experienced the same things as you, bitter and sweet experiences as learning so that I am more careful in making decisions and not greedy, because greed can make a lot of people suffer losses
Yeah we are on the same page. Its inevitable to have some bitter experience but we,investors, should be use to that since we will experience it more often. But we can manage even if its really going downhill. Lets hope for more sweet experiences.
Activity: 412
September 18, 2018, 03:51:01 PM
It will be an experience in your transactional crypto. I also experienced many failures but then I contemplated the next time should go in any way.
Activity: 98
September 18, 2018, 03:22:26 PM
In investing there are absolutely has a bitter and sweet experiences because every investment has a risk that we may encountered
We need to conquered if we wanted to be a successful one.
Actually, the ups and downs movements of btc are may considered as a bitter and sweet experiences because
It can may cause of loosing our investments of winning it or becoming a successful investment.
Activity: 224
September 18, 2018, 03:12:51 PM
What happened to me was the other way around. I got my Token this April and I sold it immediately. It was $1,000 at that time when I sold it. But after a month, I was informed by my friend who had the same token that the value of that token increased 5 times more. If only I hold it for a month, I would have earned more. but that's okay with me. at least I still got $1,000.
Unfortunately, we can not always know for sure when we should sell our coins. I had a slightly different situation. I kept my coins, I thought that they would continue to grow in value, and they fell to the very bottom. Sad
Activity: 364
September 18, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
I think those in this forum, including me, have experienced the same things as you, bitter and sweet experiences as learning so that I am more careful in making decisions and not greedy, because greed can make a lot of people suffer losses
Activity: 250
September 18, 2018, 02:53:44 PM
Experience is now very difficult to get, because just read the information on the Internet do not know much, and much of course will miss the past, which is unacceptable for cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 392
September 18, 2018, 02:51:09 PM
What happened to me was the other way around. I got my Token this April and I sold it immediately. It was $1,000 at that time when I sold it. But after a month, I was informed by my friend who had the same token that the value of that token increased 5 times more. If only I hold it for a month, I would have earned more. but that's okay with me. at least I still got $1,000.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 18, 2018, 02:37:14 PM
You have a lot more better experience than me on this bitcoin experience. Unlike you i started early january this year and all i could do is watch my investment shrink. I have not experience the euphoria of watching my money grow. It is 2 late for me to do anything now but wait until it goes back up. HODL life for me.

It happens that you buy at high and not on low and this is where the problem lies . So to make it more better always keep buying on lower dip and this will give you an edge during the rise as you will make the maximum profits and also a good portfolio could be created for you.
Activity: 308
September 18, 2018, 02:33:32 PM
My experience about bitcoin is very good. Bitcoin is the father of all coins. I have come to know about bitcoin since 2017. When bitcoin's value was $2k in January 2017, I was buying 1 bitcoin. Then when bitcoin's value crossed $17k in December 2017, I was earning a lot of money by selling bitcoin. Bitcoin for my bright future.
Activity: 12
September 18, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
My sweet experience in bitcoin is when l have a big value of payments before because the price is very expensive.l really enjoy the day to have a big payment.
But My Bitter Experience is to be a rate work Bitcoin from oneself Because it occurred to me Drawdown.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
September 18, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
if my own experience is good last year I got a big profit when bitcoin experienced a big increase.
and the bad experience that I received was this year that caused considerable losses because the price of bitcoin was getting destroyed
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
September 18, 2018, 01:30:07 PM
My experience is much more sad. Most of my investment has turned into a small piece of what was. More than 90 percent of losses.
Activity: 29
September 18, 2018, 12:57:41 PM
I think there are a lot of people with such experience. now I can only advise to keep the money that remained in the cryptocurrency. I do not see any sense to display them at the current price! Perhaps some of us have our own lessons about Bitcoin, and I feel that Bitcoin has given me lessons. This experience can be summed up to create the chance of chance for Bitcoin. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: