Pages:
Author

Topic: My sweet and bitter experience about bitcoin - page 10. (Read 4641 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
September 21, 2018, 03:18:57 PM
My swet experience on bitcoin was when i earned about $2000 form a certain project i participated in  i felt so good i worked more earned more coins not until i got hit by these online fraudsters that made away with almost all my coins that left me so frustrated i went offline for sometime till i was able to recover form it
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Sound/Foley FX Design Service For Your ICO Videos
September 21, 2018, 03:17:44 PM
I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

Does anyone have similar experience

Not me but my relatives have had a similar experience to you with much more money. I think your situation is not so devastating and your experience is priceless!
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 03:03:34 PM
I've never had bitcoin and I never invested, and sometimes I regret it. I could buy 5 bitcoins in 2013, but I thought it was a useless investment. Now I see that there is a new market that has very good prospects. Bitcoin taught that he should not listen to someone else's opinion, but invest his head.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
September 21, 2018, 12:54:41 PM
I also had a time when my initial investment increased 4-fold, but since I did not have any experience, I did not know that I should fix the profit and therefore could not get what was possible at that moment.
Activity: 331
Merit: 3
September 21, 2018, 02:20:10 PM
wow! what an experience! we all know that experience is the best teacher, but let just believe that this year ending will be better and we will experience the good again.
Activity: 378
Merit: 108
September 21, 2018, 01:19:28 PM
I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

I think this did not happen to you allow but all crypto investor including me I was a Vitim of this ignores too but never the less I still give thanks to God because many people lose there bitcoin before the wonderful raise of bitcoin, I think Nov/Dec 2017 is a year all crypto investor will never seem to forget.
Activity: 159
Merit: 10
September 21, 2018, 12:00:14 PM
You are very wise with your investment strategy, profit is your worthy gift. There are many people who are regretting the loss of bitcoin investments. Bitcoin price is unpredictable so I do not feel too surprised when it is high when it is low.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
September 21, 2018, 08:20:44 AM
your story is not different from everyone else story we all experienced the sweet feeling during the end of 2017 when the price of bitcoin rise more than 1000%. If you read news about the pump you would have known the rise will not continue because bitcoin was referred as bubble waiting to be bursted during the time and when the bubble get bursted the price went down and up till this moment bitcoin is still struggling to rise again.
We do have our own individual experiences when it comes to trading jour ey since we have also our own individual journey. My experience so far in doing trading has a sweet and bitter experiences but I am thankful that I have been there with this kind of experiences which I know that this could might be my great tool to win my journey in trading soon.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
September 21, 2018, 07:55:06 AM
The most important thing is not to give up, when something does not work out. You should take a breath and start trying again.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 21, 2018, 07:52:58 AM
The sweet and bitter experience that I have in this crypto market has nothing but new knowledge and friends.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 06:28:00 AM
In holding Bitcoin there is a sweet and bitter experience, holding Bitcoin is sweet to me at the end of 2017, and it turns out to be bitter when I decide to buy back in 2018. I am still waiting for the end of this year, hopefully this year will give a sweet experience for me who holds Bitcoin from the beginning of the year.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
September 21, 2018, 06:27:03 AM
your story is not different from everyone else story we all experienced the sweet feeling during the end of 2017 when the price of bitcoin rise more than 1000%. If you read news about the pump you would have known the rise will not continue because bitcoin was referred as bubble waiting to be bursted during the time and when the bubble get bursted the price went down and up till this moment bitcoin is still struggling to rise again.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
PlayGame.com
September 21, 2018, 06:12:49 AM
all people here have the great experience and bitter experience in bitcoin, for me my great experience is when I get some money from selling my bitcoin at the first time and can buy some stuff with that money, and my bitter experience is when trading the price of coin that I hold is always down and down
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
September 20, 2018, 05:05:16 AM
I had the same experience when bitcoin was growing in the market I bought it at the highest possible price I think its price will be even higher but my disappointment was displayed on the chart when the market began to fall swiftly I panic sold bitcoin and bought several items for altcoins but here too I also lost now I'm waiting for when prices start growing on these altcoyins
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
September 20, 2018, 04:12:43 AM
Crypto currency has been a function of life time investment, which many people are trip in towards the industry, hence the current price of the market doesn't matter, what is very important is future, Crypto has moved me from graze to grace.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 03:09:27 AM
Honestly, I just started seriously exploring crypto this year, even though the price of crypto is falling, for me it doesn't matter, I'm sure there will be opportunities that are wide open in front of there that are ready to wait.
Activity: 14
September 20, 2018, 02:41:20 AM
I'm new to this market and I haven't had any experiences like that yet, but a friend of mine has. I can't tell you in detail because he is the only one who knows the figures. Anyway, I know that he bought some BTC back in the late 2013 when BTC1=USD700 or so. Then he had to wait for about 4 years and early this year he sold most of it at $15k or $16k and he was real happy, but he was hoping to gain even more, so when BTC reached like $10k he bought some more hoping it will go up to $50k (some experts assured it will!), but sold it pretty soon at around $9k and withdrew completely. When I asked him how it felt, he said, "You know, at least now I can sleep tight!" Cool
copper member
Activity: 196
September 19, 2018, 02:02:12 AM
There is no doubt profit & loss both are the wheels of economy. but l think if we get loss , we should not be loose our temperament. because loss give us lesson to take decision carefully investment in future.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
September 19, 2018, 01:27:40 AM

But I am wiser now.

That's a great experience. I was also surprised that you made a lot of money from that investment. Maybe next year, it will recover again from it's big drop. We just need to wait. Maybe there is a reason for that after all. Just like in 2016, the price of bitcoin is low then it rise in 2017. Don't lose hope my friend.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 11:33:10 PM
I can imagine that you first wanted to use crypto as a store of value, like most of us do.
But then greed took over in December, which is not necessary a bad thing.
However, you should not have traded your valuable coins to some random altcoins to reduce your loss.
Also if the answer to the first question was a store of value then you did not succeed your experiment,
because you did not keep it for a long time. Next time, decide what you want to accomplish with your investment
and stick to the plan.

Bitcoin price now isn’t that satisfactory and the market is experiencing continuous price decline. That is most of the time my bitter experience about bitcoin. But when the time the market recovers and bitcoin price goes a little higher I could feel the sweet victory.
Pages:
Jump to: