Pages:
Author

Topic: My wife is a hero: mom shoots intruder 5 times, saves kids - page 5. (Read 9440 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
.....I am no longer willing to intervene to defend a stranger. If I see someone being hacked to death by a crazy guy, I will draw my weapon and cover my retreat. It is just to legally risky to help. 
No.

There are options.

For example, you might try:  "Leave him alone!  He's mine, I want to hack him to death.  Get away!"

Then when the perp comes at you....
hehe  Cheesy
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
REally, I want to know how that woulc play out.  I'd be willing to wager that Germany looks more dangerous than Kentucky, from a violent crime statistics perspective.
Well, here are the official statistics (short version):
Police Crime Statistics (Federal Republic of Germany) 2012 (PDF)
What's not in there:
5696 cases of threats with a gun
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
How dare anyone suggest people don't have the right to keep and bear arms?

I'd love to see them suggest such a thing to Mrs. Herman and Sarah McKinley.  But they won't, because they basically are complete and total cowards.

Georgia mom shoots intruder 5 times in face, hides children
http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-shoots-intruder-5-times-saves-children/
A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder several times during a home invasion

“My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as responsible, prepared gun owner,” Donnie Herman told WSB-TV.

Young Oklahoma Mom Shoots Intruder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4B_XbW7ds
19-year-old with a baby says 911 operator told her to "do what you need to do."

If you refuse to protect your kids from harm (including becoming orphans), you are the shittiest failed parent ever.

Lol, took that piece of trash 20 minutes to break the door down.  Shooting called justified, nice.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
from my biased european standpoint (ca. 1,24 gundeaths per 100.000 population in germany) i would not exactly say that you should take the right away from somebody protecting himself or his family with a gun.
But taking into account that the original intention of this right makes much more sense in rural areas, where nature's law is more present and it takes a long time until somebody could help you if you're in danger,
it's by contrast relatively unhealthy for crowded urban areas as long as the overall social disruption is on a low level that guarantees a common solidarity of a society.

As soon as social stress starts growing and gaps between social classes expand during times of crisis, nature's law starts shifting in the foreground for individuals and in combination with high rates of gun possession this mixture doesn't look like solving the problem at all.
in the US it's easy for a socially disadvantaged individual to get his hands on a weapon as a tool to obtain value with pressure while an advantaged individual can also get a weapon as easily to prevent the other one from suceeding in doing so.
besides this raw battle for a living every other intention to use a gun is following from the growing psychological illnesses and social stress.

i still believe in the term "man is a wolf to man", this can only be overridden by a functioning and strong society based on ethical and moral rules handed on and adapted over time from generation to generation.
imo if an individual lacks these rules he shouldn't be in the position to possess a gun, because it's a very basic tool simple to use to realize his antisocial aims.
if at all, then possession of guns should go hand in hand with a strong education and regulation to guarantee it's not getting into the wrong hands, because besides the aspect of hunting or sports people simply don't need such a strong tool for self-defense in an intact and secure modern society. (there are lots of alternatives for this purpose like pepper spray, electro shocker or other things. I'm not too familiar with that stuff.)

on the other hand perhaps US society (ca. 10,3 gundeaths per 100.000 population) has already broken apart to a point where nature's law for survival is so present in the swarm's awareness, that this pacifistic thought approach is no longer valid.
On top american weapon companies profit from that situation a lot and arm society to a point where it becomes quite excessive regardless of the consequences while manipulating via media and lobbying politicians not to take any action.

here are some charts and articles i found quite interesting on the subject.
- Gundeaths in US since Newtown shooting:
   http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2012/12/gun_death_tally_every_american_gun_death_since_newtown_sandy_hook_shooting.html
- worldwide gun deaths vs gun ownerships
   http://www.businessinsider.com/shooting-gun-laws-2012-12
- List of countries by firearm-related death rate
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

edit: at this point i recommend the movie "Dear Wendy" for another diverse approach to this subject
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
.....I am no longer willing to intervene to defend a stranger. If I see someone being hacked to death by a crazy guy, I will draw my weapon and cover my retreat. It is just to legally risky to help. 
No.

There are options.

For example, you might try:  "Leave him alone!  He's mine, I want to hack him to death.  Get away!"

Then when the perp comes at you....
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010

It's smarter to kill the intruder. Dead people can't make an argument in court against you, and they deserve it anyways if they're breaking into your house.

I don't agree with that in all cases.  If some drunk guy breaks into your house, and you flee up the steps with your kids; the deciding factor is wether or not he follows you.  If he just passes out on the couch, he probably thought he was home and was confused as to why his keys didn't work.  If he chases you up the steps, it's prudent to assume he has real ill intent on his addled mind, and he brought upon himself whatever happens next.  This guy was no burgler, he wanted something from the wife and kids.  If I was to hazard a guess, he was a serial rapist, and shooting him dead on the steps would have only improved the violent crime rate going forward as well as saved the taxpayers the money in prosecution and incarceration.

An armed society is a polite society.  What is rarely mentioned with that old saying, is the reason is that the 'criminallly impolite' have relatively short expectancies in an armed society.

And Santa was never seen again...

Santa was a lie told to small children so they might be more trusting in the presence of old strangers.  Ever notice that a baby is always sceptical of a guy in a santa suit?  That's probably a rational response to old men they don't know.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100

It's smarter to kill the intruder. Dead people can't make an argument in court against you, and they deserve it anyways if they're breaking into your house.

I don't agree with that in all cases.  If some drunk guy breaks into your house, and you flee up the steps with your kids; the deciding factor is wether or not he follows you.  If he just passes out on the couch, he probably thought he was home and was confused as to why his keys didn't work.  If he chases you up the steps, it's prudent to assume he has real ill intent on his addled mind, and he brought upon himself whatever happens next.  This guy was no burgler, he wanted something from the wife and kids.  If I was to hazard a guess, he was a serial rapist, and shooting him dead on the steps would have only improved the violent crime rate going forward as well as saved the taxpayers the money in prosecution and incarceration.

An armed society is a polite society.  What is rarely mentioned with that old saying, is the reason is that the 'criminallly impolite' have relatively short expectancies in an armed society.

And Santa was never seen again...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Let me summarize this thread:

1) We are so unhappy with our deep mental illnesses and lack of respect for life, we think the act of killing alone is heroism.

2) When somebody knocks on your door, stay quiet and hide in the closet with a weapon.

3) The purpose of the right to bear arms is to protect us from petty thieves. 

The 19-year old recently widowed young mother in the second instance was being stalked by her assailants before they forced her to take defensive action in the form of a kinetic response.

Let's summarize your asinine position:

1.  You're 19 years old, have a baby to protect, and your husband recently passed from cancer

2.  Some creepy dudes have been eying you and figure out you are alone and vulnerable

3.  They break in, to rape you or worse

4.  You should just give them what they want.  Maybe they won't hurt the baby.  They're just petty thieves and you should all hold hands and sing kumbaya.  Then maybe Scrabble and snacks, if they have time.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Sadly enough this has happened on the same block as me. Pretty lucky the guy chose the house down the street rather than mine, he might not be so lucky next time.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
 Nothing personal, threaten my family with death and I will shoot your brains out. I'm not mad at criminals, indeed I feel sorry for them and wish they would make another choice. But the choice to die is theirs not mine. If you want to break in and kill, rape, steal, with impunity ; try New York, LA, Chicago, D.C...But don't try a state that allows people to protect themselves.
Those who want to go unarmed are welcome to. But don't expect me to protect you. All the sensitivity and legal issues about this have caused me to rethink my training regime. I am no longer willing to intervene to defend a stranger. If I see someone being hacked to death by a crazy guy, I will draw my weapon and cover my retreat. It is just to legally risky to help. 
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
Let me summarize this thread:

1) We are so unhappy with our deep mental illnesses and lack of respect for life, we think the act of killing alone is heroism.

2) When somebody knocks on your door, stay quiet and hide in the closet with a weapon.

3) The purpose of the right to bear arms is to protect us from petty thieves. 

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Sorry, but thats just sick.
Noone except the law enforcement should be allowed to carry weapons...

If i have the chance and time to shoot 6 bullets in head and NECK of someone else i cant be in mortal danger - hence the use of arms is unjustified.

Well, right there you've asserted the lady is better off dead.

Then you have erred in your inferences as to the meaning of the 6 bullets.

Many handgun instructors suggest to empty the gun into the bad guy.  Many documented cases where the bad guy kept coming after being shot multiple times.

Stick to talking about things you know about please.

Oh, and by the way, many in "law enforcement" are not adept with weapons (and neither should they be).  Many qualify by a range test with 50 shells once a year.
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
How dare anyone suggest people don't have the right to keep and bear arms?

I'd love to see them suggest such a thing to Mrs. Herman and Sarah McKinley.  But they won't, because they basically are complete and total cowards.

Georgia mom shoots intruder 5 times in face, hides children
http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-shoots-intruder-5-times-saves-children/
A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder several times during a home invasion

“My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as responsible, prepared gun owner,” Donnie Herman told WSB-TV.

Young Oklahoma Mom Shoots Intruder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4B_XbW7ds
19-year-old with a baby says 911 operator told her to "do what you need to do."

If you refuse to protect your kids from harm (including becoming orphans), you are the shittiest failed parent ever.

Thank you for posting this.

We almost never hear of stories like this in the establishment-controlled mainstream media. Wonder why that is...
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Nice one mom`s Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
lolz I get what you're on about, shooting is easier most of the time but honestly, there are so many factors to think about when it comes to this kind of thing it's like with arguing about the newtown shooting etc. it's just a never ending cycle of hypotheticals, I can just as easily come up with a counter argument to what you're saying as with mine.

Not really. The best you can really say is that they might have a gun, too, and that still makes it a fair fight.

If I had to pick one single thing which did the most to bring about the Renaissance, it would be firearms. Cannon destroyed the age of the castle, and hand-held firearms destroyed the age of the armored knight. Without those, feudalism was doomed.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I found an example on the web, pictures are worth a thousand words.

Wow, I've seen a couple like that, I just assumed that the foam was insulation and was just yet to be covered by the board.

I have to say, I'm not fond of a lot of modern houses. Modern materials and techniques look like they've just come out of the printer from the CAD program, none of that slight non-uniformity that gives a house character.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
lolz I get what you're on about, shooting is easier most of the time but honestly, there are so many factors to think about when it comes to this kind of thing it's like with arguing about the newtown shooting etc. it's just a never ending cycle of hypotheticals, I can just as easily come up with a counter argument to what you're saying as with mine.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
That's true, but my point is that that kind of thing isn't dependent on a persons gender or physical fitness etc. Tongue

And a gun completely removes gender or physical fitness from the equation - totally ignores them in determining who wins the fight. Something no hand-to-hand fighting style or weapon can claim.

And which is easier to do, achieve 15th dan black belt, or learn how to hit a melon-sized target at 30 ft?
Pages:
Jump to: