Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 11. (Read 586109 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
October 17, 2017, 07:33:18 PM
Is there a market for Mycelium tokens?

Man, there's a blast from the past. As far as I know there's no formal market for them at all. I've seen a few people mentioning P2P but that was months ago.

This is the only place I can find anything and it's probably dead - https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/mt/markets/BTC

They really screwed the pooch on that one.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
October 17, 2017, 07:14:34 PM
Is there a market for Mycelium tokens?
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
October 11, 2017, 12:07:15 AM
I'd have though wallet devs would be all over Segwit like flies on s4!+.
Shows how much I know.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
October 10, 2017, 03:14:40 AM
That's just stupid. How can Mycelium, one of the most used BITCOIN wallets, prefers to focus on integrating Bitcoin Cash and Dash (?) instead of adding Segwit support? This + all the russian ICO bullshit are two of the main reasons why I'm uninstalling the app and starting to use Samourai for my mobile transactions.

The site for Samourai wallet still says Alpha access so you may want to think twice before using it. It's not about Mycelium staff being a serious team of developers or not, It's about funding. If they actually got the necessary funding from MT and they spent them on vacations etc. as some news sites claim, then we should except developers dropping the project soon as they will no longer be paid.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
October 09, 2017, 10:32:34 PM
Nice to see that they are still updating mycelium wallet. Just wondering when they will release the one with Segwit support. We need it soon so we can all maximize our bitcoin use.

I get the impression that they're not going to add it, but I could be wrong: https://www.reddit.com/r/mycelium/comments/72cod2/request_update_of_segwit/dnw1gy1/?context=3
That's just stupid. How can Mycelium, one of the most used BITCOIN wallets, prefers to focus on integrating Bitcoin Cash and Dash (?) instead of adding Segwit support? This + all the russian ICO bullshit are two of the main reasons why I'm uninstalling the app and starting to use Samourai for my mobile transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
October 09, 2017, 07:55:37 PM
Nice to see that they are still updating mycelium wallet. Just wondering when they will release the one with Segwit support. We need it soon so we can all maximize our bitcoin use.

I get the impression that they're not going to add it, but I could be wrong: https://www.reddit.com/r/mycelium/comments/72cod2/request_update_of_segwit/dnw1gy1/?context=3
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
October 08, 2017, 10:32:07 AM
Does Mycelium have a way to do a multiple send?
Splitting your coins after the 2x fork is going to require sending to two addresses in one transaction.

As far as I know, they don't allow sending to multiple addresses but Electrum does, so you could either import the seed there or export the private keys and import them.
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
October 08, 2017, 08:28:18 AM
Does Mycelium have a way to do a multiple send?
Splitting your coins after the 2x fork is going to require sending to two addresses in one transaction.
See here for instructions: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22569888
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2017, 11:54:47 PM
My question is, by hitting that Lock button on the Accounts tab, did it setup a PIN for him? Or is that option only available when a PIN number has already been created?
The "Lock" option is ONLY available if a PIN Code has already been setup previously... So, he must have setup a PIN and forgotten what it was.

So, I'd say it wasn't entirely your fault that he is now locked out. I'd suggest he tries his "common" PINs... 6 numbers required if I'm not mistaken.

Curiouser and curiouser... since you can't create a pin code without getting and retyping in your seed.

Yes I am not totally sure what is going on, or how he did what he did.  I actually didn't meet him, but one of my associates did, but that doesn't really matter, so I don't have first hand details unfortunately.  Basically my question boiled down to, on Android, can you lock the Accounts page without previously setting up a PIN?  Per HCP, that option is not available without previously setting up a PIN number, so regardless of what my associate did by hitting lock, if he didn't have his PIN number or backup phrase, he was SOL from the beginning.

From my understanding, he was incredibly new to the entire thing and completely blew threw reading anything that the app told him to do.  My guess is that he copied the words and just pasted them, input them to get it setup, then erased them.  I don't know for sure, but from what I have been told, he has neither his PIN nor the phrase, and in my opinion with the provided information, that is completely on him.

I appreciate the help, if you have any more information please let me know.  I have an old phone at home I plan to go and boot up and install Mycelium on to just double check that that "lock" option isn't there without a PIN setup.

Thanks

It gives you one word at a time, and you have to push a button to get the next one. Then you have to type them in one at a time.

But yea... you really shouldn't ignore when the app SAYS stuff like WRITE THIS DOWN or you lose all your coins.

But, it's people like this that give bitcoin a bad name.

I just got confirmation, he found his 12 words.  Should be able to recover his account.  Thanks for your help.

good to hear.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
October 06, 2017, 10:25:52 PM
My question is, by hitting that Lock button on the Accounts tab, did it setup a PIN for him? Or is that option only available when a PIN number has already been created?
The "Lock" option is ONLY available if a PIN Code has already been setup previously... So, he must have setup a PIN and forgotten what it was.

So, I'd say it wasn't entirely your fault that he is now locked out. I'd suggest he tries his "common" PINs... 6 numbers required if I'm not mistaken.

Curiouser and curiouser... since you can't create a pin code without getting and retyping in your seed.

Yes I am not totally sure what is going on, or how he did what he did.  I actually didn't meet him, but one of my associates did, but that doesn't really matter, so I don't have first hand details unfortunately.  Basically my question boiled down to, on Android, can you lock the Accounts page without previously setting up a PIN?  Per HCP, that option is not available without previously setting up a PIN number, so regardless of what my associate did by hitting lock, if he didn't have his PIN number or backup phrase, he was SOL from the beginning.

From my understanding, he was incredibly new to the entire thing and completely blew threw reading anything that the app told him to do.  My guess is that he copied the words and just pasted them, input them to get it setup, then erased them.  I don't know for sure, but from what I have been told, he has neither his PIN nor the phrase, and in my opinion with the provided information, that is completely on him.

I appreciate the help, if you have any more information please let me know.  I have an old phone at home I plan to go and boot up and install Mycelium on to just double check that that "lock" option isn't there without a PIN setup.

Thanks

It gives you one word at a time, and you have to push a button to get the next one. Then you have to type them in one at a time.

But yea... you really shouldn't ignore when the app SAYS stuff like WRITE THIS DOWN or you lose all your coins.

I just got confirmation, he found his 12 words.  Should be able to recover his account.  Thanks for your help.
legendary
October 06, 2017, 07:49:37 PM

Thanks

legendary
October 06, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

Thanks
legendary
October 06, 2017, 02:40:49 PM

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
October 06, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

legendary
October 06, 2017, 02:20:57 PM
Also, it is impossible to set up a PIN without backing up your 12 words. And you can't do that without writing them down, since you have to reenter them to prove you have written them down... unless I guess you can remember all 12 words perfectly.

So, I'm not sure what's going on, but there is no pin on his wallet unless he backed up his seed and created a PIN.

As least, this is all true on the Android version... not sure about iOS.

---

Did you check the blockchain to see if he still has the funds you had sold him at that address to make sure he's not trying to defraud you.
legendary
October 06, 2017, 02:15:14 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the "lock button" under the three dots.

Is this android or iOS?

The key icon with the plus on the accounts page lets you add another HD account (using a new derivation number). Or lets you set up a coinapult "lock" account. On android this is in the top menu bar to the left of the "three dots" as you call them.

Neither of these would add a pin to your wallet.

On his accounts page does it show Account 1? Does it say "backup missing"?

Can he screen shot his accounts page?

legendary
October 06, 2017, 01:38:05 PM
I sent the below to the support team, but wanted to post here to see if anyone could provide some insight quicker than them.

I am having some trouble with a client who purchased some bitcoins and I need some help. I met with a new client yesterday and completed the transaction like normal. I was showing him around the Myceliem app on his android phone, since it was his first time, and under the accounts tab, accidentally hit the, "Lock" button under the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner drop down menu. This sent the Accounts tab into a locked feature, but the Balance tab remained fine and usable. I sent him the bitcoins and he gave me cash and we went on our ways. He then contacted me later in the evening and said that he was trying to resend the bitcoins to another account, but was being asked to enter a PIN number, that he claims he never set up. He also did not write down the 12 words at the beginning of the account setup process, so I don't know if I fully trust that he didn't set up a PIN number himself. My question is, by hitting that Lock button on the Accounts tab, did it setup a PIN for him? Or is that option only available when a PIN number has already been created? If I hit that and that caused his account to get setup with a PIN, it would be my fault and I would refund him his money, but if the only way to get that Lock setting was to already have a PIN setup, then it is his fault.

If anyone has any ideas on the above, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

DebitMe
HCP
legendary
October 04, 2017, 11:21:07 PM
hello
i have a probleme i sent all my btc in mycelium wallet (0.025) btc to bittrex account with a fee of 0.0000795 btc 16sat/byte so the transaction is unconfirmed for 24h to this time cause of the low fee
my question is will it be confirmed or forgoten and how much time till it will be forgoten a back to my wallet ?
the txid : 082c79cf4905c44e9f193f23df5412ea44f15534ee8fadce421a7b4ac59bac2a
For some reason, ViaBTC didn't have this transaction in their mempool, so I broadcast it using their tool here: https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/BTC/broadcast/

Then I accelerated it using their accelerator here: https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ ... They have now mined it and you have 1 confirmation... you're welcome Wink

Included In Blocks 488355 ( 2017-10-05 03:17:44 + 1,022 minutes )
Relayed By ViaBTC
HCP
legendary
September 28, 2017, 09:15:34 PM
Yes, this is correct. Mycelium did their best to cater for those using HD accounts and who wanted to "import" non-HD private keys.

- Master Seed is your backup for ALL your HD accounts.
- Encrypted PDF with the random passphrase is your backup for non-HD private keys.

I cannot comment on the Colored/Master coin thing, as I have not used these.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
September 28, 2017, 08:10:36 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how best to ensure all my keys are backed up securely.

To the best of my knowledge Mycelium has exactly two backups. One is the HD wallet backup, consisting of the 12 seed words that you should write down manually on a piece of paper.

The other is the backup for all non-HD accounts. It is a PDF file along with a passphrase that should also be written down manually.

Once you have successfully done these two backups, everything you have in Mycelium is backed up securely.
Pages:
Jump to: