Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 14. (Read 586109 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
September 01, 2017, 02:31:45 PM
Local Trader with premium 0% for USD BitcoinAverage is showing 4916.62 USD when that does not appear on https://bitcoinaverage.com/en/bitcoin-price/btc-to-usd at the same time.

Selecting other base price sources also show USD values in excess of their USD all-time-highs, with 0% premium.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
August 31, 2017, 06:51:01 PM
In a normal HD wallet, after normal use, does each address not have exactly one UTXO?
If you use the "receive" button to get an address to send to someone, and they pay you in multiple transactions (for example, they pay you from two different wallets, or multiple people pay you to the same address), then the address will obviously have multiple UTXO's.

However, you are correct that when a HD wallet sends, the "change" address will be unique for each transaction, and thus will have exactly one UTXO.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
August 30, 2017, 01:22:45 PM
The currently low fees are real.

However, the fee estimator can never be sure whether fees will suddenly rise. Mycelium is very conservative in this respect. They seem to lower their fees only after fees have been low for a week. This, at least, is my impression.

You cannot really blame them for this. They want Mycelium to be idiot-proof.

They could introduce either a "risky" level, along with a warning that the transaction may never confirm, or they could allow a manual fee setting, also with a warning.

I wonder how many hundreds or thousands of coins have unnecessarily gone to miners since fees went a bit bonkers. Wallets that do let you control fees are definitely in the minority.

I'm all for idiot proof. I'm also all for non idiot settings too. Maybe there should be a multiple choice knowledge test that unlocks the extra fine tuning.

Either way I think my journey with Mycelium has come to an end.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
August 30, 2017, 01:17:12 PM
Which fee level did you choose?

The lowest priority which I think is 283 satoshis per byte. People are reporting 10-20 satoshi fees breezing through at this particular moment, but maybe they're just blagging.

The currently low fees are real.

However, the fee estimator can never be sure whether fees will suddenly rise. Mycelium is very conservative in this respect. They seem to lower their fees only after fees have been low for a week. This, at least, is my impression.

You cannot really blame them for this. They want Mycelium to be idiot-proof.

They could introduce either a "risky" level, along with a warning that the transaction may never confirm, or they could allow a manual fee setting, also with a warning.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
August 30, 2017, 01:05:15 PM

The lowest priority which I think is 283 satoshis per byte. People are reporting 10-20 satoshi fees breezing through at this particular moment, but maybe they're just blagging.

Something weird's going on with the change too. Some's been returned to the wallet when it should all be gone. I'll give it a few hours and then toss my cookies.
August 30, 2017, 12:59:55 PM
This bastard made me pay $15 for a 7 input transaction when almost free txs are going through right now and it's also telling me it's unable to broadcast for some reason. I think I'm importing my seed to Coinomi and uninstalling. It was sweet while it lasted.

legendary
Welt Am Draht
August 30, 2017, 12:36:13 PM
This bastard made me pay $15 for a 7 input transaction when almost free txs are going through right now and it's also telling me it's unable to broadcast for some reason. I think I'm importing my seed to Coinomi and uninstalling. It was sweet while it lasted.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 30, 2017, 12:34:44 PM
Hello guys,
I was using Myceliym Gear connected to my Mycelium wallet to accept btc payments on my website.
Two days ago, i was still receiving payments and they got confirmed but my wallet was not updating.
I waited for 48 hours wih no improvement so i backed up my wallet , removed and re-installed the app and restored it using the 12 words keys.
I had around 1btc now my balance is 0 and nothing is showing up in the wallet.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Activity: 350
Merit: 170
I do crypto TRADING
August 30, 2017, 09:22:25 AM
Here is how I see it, and I could be wrong. The team doesn't care about this RMC and stuff they added on the last update but It's clearly a must because they no longer have the necessary funding. The developers are doing their job, the CEO however, is the one who is keeping quiet. It's probably just a matter of time (weeks/months) until the development will stop once for all.

Maybe it is time to think about forking the code. But that's the last choice. I would like that original developers do listen to us, add these 2 must features, get credited for that and get the reward (wage, donations...).

yes i like mycelium wallet and it would be sad to see it die. but im sure new wallets will come into the market and with new features that we can use. right now im also using coinomi for being a multicoin wallet but it is still far from mycelium.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
August 30, 2017, 08:26:21 AM
Here is how I see it, and I could be wrong. The team doesn't care about this RMC and stuff they added on the last update but It's clearly a must because they no longer have the necessary funding. The developers are doing their job, the CEO however, is the one who is keeping quiet. It's probably just a matter of time (weeks/months) until the development will stop once for all.

Maybe it is time to think about forking the code. But that's the last choice. I would like that original developers do listen to us, add these 2 must features, get credited for that and get the reward (wage, donations...).
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
August 30, 2017, 08:01:18 AM
legendary
RIP Mommy
August 29, 2017, 04:28:57 PM
I wonder how Mycelium would fare with a free, basic version and a paid, high-powered version with extra features for people who use bitcoin more intensely and want special capabilities.

I have no experience with app marketing, but it seems that Mycelium is already a bit to good for a free app.

they badly need to do something. they're slowly destroying all the good will they've built up with adding scammy crap to an app that thousands of people trusted once upon a time.

i don't know who's in charge there, but they're stupid.

it needs segwit and total fee control at the minimum, plus the option to pay for it to remove their nefarious mods to it.

Definitely need total fee control.
August 29, 2017, 04:25:18 PM
Mycelium has always tried to be nearly idiot-proof, and I must admit that I like that to some extent.

But the user interface style and the program structure would lend itself just as well to a high-powered product for power users.

I agree with the proposed extensions and would like to add a third one.

• Segregated Witness
  • Freely entered fees (in satoshi/weight)
  • Coin control (the ability to select from available UTXOs when transmitting bitcoins)

There are some more wishes, but these are probably the most important ones.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
August 29, 2017, 04:15:12 PM
I wonder how Mycelium would fare with a free, basic version and a paid, high-powered version with extra features for people who use bitcoin more intensely and want special capabilities.

I have no experience with app marketing, but it seems that Mycelium is already a bit to good for a free app.

they badly need to do something. they're slowly destroying all the good will they've built up with adding scammy crap to an app that thousands of people trusted once upon a time.

i don't know who's in charge there, but they're stupid.

it needs segwit and total fee control at the minimum, plus the option to pay for it to remove their nefarious mods to it.
August 29, 2017, 04:09:01 PM

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
August 29, 2017, 12:37:45 PM
Segwit... helloooo?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2017, 01:09:56 AM
Mycellium team just kept quiet after getting money from ico
legendary
RIP Mommy
August 28, 2017, 08:16:30 PM
Or a button far away from the other ones called "BLOATWARE" where you can look at all the bloatware they added.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
August 28, 2017, 06:29:47 AM
so they want us to buy russian mine coin and participate in the bitdice ico.

i really wish they'd give us an option to donate and get a dirt free version.
August 28, 2017, 06:14:03 AM
Does anybody have an explanation, or a link to one, what colored coins are good for?

I just read the web page http://coloredcoins.org/, but my impression is that it must have been written by complete idiots, because they do not mention any practical, intelligible purpose anywhere. And I am sick of idiots. There are already too many in the cryptocurrency sphere.
Pages:
Jump to: