Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 13. (Read 586109 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
September 09, 2017, 03:55:02 PM
If you can't select all the way down to 0 or 1 sat/b (as has gotten nextblock confirms when I looked at recent blocks within the last day), it's not 100% custom.
And they support this. They always had the option to allow you to manually customize the exactly amount you want to pay on fee with a textbox, and they also have a option to enable dynamic fees, where they will give you a few options based on calculations on their side - just like I said above.

Tools -> Preferences -> check "Edit fees manually";

WTF is that a screenshot of? Not Mycelium Android...
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
September 09, 2017, 03:40:24 PM
If you can't select all the way down to 0 or 1 sat/b (as has gotten nextblock confirms when I looked at recent blocks within the last day), it's not 100% custom.
And they support this. They always had the option to allow you to manually customize the exactly amount you want to pay on fee with a textbox, and they also have a option to enable dynamic fees, where they will give you a few options based on calculations on their side - just like I said above.

Tools -> Preferences -> check "Edit fees manually";

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 01:32:37 PM
The Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet is a Bitcoin wallet for Android and the successor of BitcoinSpinner.
It was initially announced in the BitcoinSpinner forum thread as an early beta.

We have received a lot of great feedback over the months, which has allowed us to dramatically improve the wallet. It is now deployed on more than 2000 devices.

Overview:
  • Sources available for review: https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet
  • 100% control over your private keys, they never leave your device unless you export them.
  • No block chain download, installs and runs in seconds.
  • Ultra fast connection to the Bitcoin network through our redundant super nodes.
  • Designed for simplicity, but with unique advanced features in expert mode.

Features:
  • Cold storage spending: Spend directly from paper (demo)
  • Import private keys using SIPA and mini private key format (Casascius private keys) from QR-codes or clipboard
  • Export private keys as QR-codes, on clipboard, and directly to printer using external SD card (demo).
  • Watch-only addresses
  • Key control using Active and Archive key set.
  • PIN protection
  • Multiple Bitcoin denominations: BTC, mBTC, and uBTC
  • View your balance in 164 fiat currencies
  • Switch between Bitstamp, MtGox, or weighted average when getting BTC/fiat exchange rates
  • Switch between BTC/fiat when sending coins
  • Switch between BTC/fiat when making a payment request
  • Address book for commonly used addresses
  • Transaction history with full transaction details.
  • Tor connections using Orbot with SOCKS proxy
  • Integrated QR-code scanner
  • Share your bitcoin address using Twitter, Facebook, email ...
...and more.

apetersson and I have been working full time since April developing this wallet. We hope you like it and leave a 5 star review on Google Play.

If you want to get early access to new releases please join the Google+ group Mycelium Beta Testers

TL;DR
Try out the Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet: Google Play or direct download
The sources are published here: https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet
We hope you like it and leave a 5 star review  Grin

EDIT: Release notes for version 1.3.3:
v1.3.3 was released to Google Play store, github, and our site.

The list of changes from last regular release include:

* Generic scan button in the main view - Use this to quickly scan QR codes to send bitcoins. In the future, this may be used to quickly log into websites with BitID.
* Improvements to barcode scanning with flashlight toggle and autofocus setting
* Email notifications for LocalTrader - Google Push Notifications system is still kind of unreliable, and we can't fix it because it's Google servers that are having issues, so this is a fix until we figure out something better.
* Fixes and connectivity fallback for dns issues - A few days ago we had an issue where our domain name, which is pointing to our servers, was temporarily turned off by our provider while they verified that we are who we say we are. Should this happen again, wallets will switch to contacting our servers with their IP numbers directly (this is also likely temporary, until we move everything to Tor)
* Various crash fixes

We think that this will be the last feature update for the non-HD version. Stay tuned for an upcoming Mycelium HD release.

I have been using this mycelium wallet and I would say it is a decent android Bitcoin wallet to use, does not have all the features I would like though.
legendary
RIP Mommy
September 09, 2017, 01:12:01 PM
I prefer to use Mycelium for fee purposes because electrum does take much higher fee than mycelium.
False. Electrum always allowed you to set up custom fees. Plus, even while using their fee slide, you could select a fee of 90 sat/byte, while Mycelium's "cheapest" fee option was ~140 sat/byte+ IIRC.

Activity: 350
Merit: 170
I do crypto TRADING
September 09, 2017, 11:40:27 AM
Nice to see that they are still updating mycelium wallet. Just wondering when they will release the one with Segwit support. We need it soon so we can all maximize our bitcoin use.
legendary
September 09, 2017, 10:20:49 AM
I prefer to use Mycelium for fee purposes because electrum does take much higher fee than mycelium.
False. Electrum always allowed you to set up custom fees. Plus, even while using their fee slide, you could select a fee of 90 sat/byte, while Mycelium's "cheapest" fee option was ~140 sat/byte+ IIRC.

Well, I can't argue with this because they need also some funds so they have advertisement tab but of course, you can ignore that tab instead.
Do they really? I remember that they raised something close to $21 million with their ICO at today's valuation.

And if they need money, launch a paid version without ads or show actual legit ads instead of ICO scams.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
September 09, 2017, 03:18:05 AM
beca
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet&hl=en

Custom fees are now a thing. Nice one, Mycelium. On the bottom of the send section it gives you a slider of fee options.
I like this new update I just saw it earlier tho, now you have more options to choose if you want a low prio and I guess there's 20+? option from zero to the largest fee for every category I mean if you choose from LP, Eco, Nor, and Prio.

Thank god! I actually started only using Mycelium to watch by balances, and have been using only Electrum to send transactions because of the custom fees support. But I must admit that the new slider looks awesome with all the pre-created fees options and the estimated time for confirmation for each one of them.

Now, they just need to remove this crappy ICO advertisement and I will have no more complains.

Well, I can't argue with this because they need also some funds so they have advertisement tab but of course, you can ignore that tab instead.

I'm the only one who can't manage to get the last update? the wallet didn't auto update and when I check for new update through the menu, It says that I'm 2.9.2 and It's up to date while there is clearly a new version out.

Maybe you can try to clear cache the app or the play store if you are using Android.

staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
September 08, 2017, 01:51:30 PM
I'm the only one who can't manage to get the last update? the wallet didn't auto update and when I check for new update through the menu, It says that I'm 2.9.2 and It's up to date while there is clearly a new version out.
legendary
September 08, 2017, 01:17:25 PM

Custom fees are now a thing. Nice one, Mycelium. On the bottom of the send section it gives you a slider of fee options.
Thank god! I actually started only using Mycelium to watch by balances, and have been using only Electrum to send transactions because of the custom fees support. But I must admit that the new slider looks awesome with all the pre-created fees options and the estimated time for confirmation for each one of them.

Now, they just need to remove this crappy ICO advertisement and I will have no more complains.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
September 08, 2017, 12:46:17 PM

legendary
Welt Am Draht
September 05, 2017, 04:27:46 PM
If they took all the adds and stuff out of mycelium I would pay for the app... as long as it is updated and they had decent support response... they would only support paid customers.

That would be my preference too but they seem to be slowly disengaging in all areas. If they were to offer a paid option I wonder how long it would be before they abandoned it or started sneaking crap back into it.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
September 05, 2017, 03:18:30 PM
I wonder how Mycelium would fare with a free, basic version and a paid, high-powered version with extra features for people who use bitcoin more intensely and want special capabilities.

I have no experience with app marketing, but it seems that Mycelium is already a bit to good for a free app.

If they took all the adds and stuff out of mycelium I would pay for the app... as long as it is updated and they had decent support response... they would only support paid customers.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
September 05, 2017, 03:17:10 PM
Does anybody have an explanation, or a link to one, what colored coins are good for?

I just read the web page http://coloredcoins.org/, but my impression is that it must have been written by complete idiots, because they do not mention any practical, intelligible purpose anywhere. And I am sick of idiots. There are already too many in the cryptocurrency sphere.

Basically counterparty is a colored coin system. It allows you to have tokens on the block chain. For example, you could have the title of a car... you could sell that title and the owner of the title owns the car.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
September 03, 2017, 10:06:07 AM
does gear.mycellium development got stopped?
unable to see any update on that
legendary
Welt Am Draht
September 03, 2017, 05:24:28 AM
well 2 USD per transaction as low fee is far more than I am willing to pay. I have never ever paid such fee in my entire life for single transaction. As Bitcoin enhance, many services are more fraudalent than banksters system have had ever been before. Goodbye Mycelium!

It's not a fraud, they don't make any money out of it, it's just not being flexible enough to follow the movement of network fees. Most other wallets have the same problem. That's why it needs an adjustable fee. But yes, farewell for now for me as well.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange
September 03, 2017, 04:31:16 AM
well 2 USD per transaction as low fee is far more than I am willing to pay. I have never ever paid such fee in my entire life for single transaction. As Bitcoin enhance, many services are more fraudalent than banksters system have had ever been before. Goodbye Mycelium!
legendary
RIP Mommy
September 02, 2017, 05:26:29 AM
I was looking exactly where you redboxed in your LATER screenshot.

App updates price source +/-/0 premium every time you change a price parameter, before all these bloody successive Play Store updates at least, the updates were in sync with the ticks. The daily high had not reached 4969.38 on Bitcoinaverage when I said NOW. Once again, you seem to have have no concept of what NOW means and you are taking your screenshots after what was NOW to me had passed, so of course with the bull run(?), it had a chance to reach what hadn't happened from when I said NOW to when you took your screenshots LATER. No, Mycelium was NOT pulling the daily high FROM THE FUTURE. So where the fuck were Mycelium's prices in excess of what BitcoinAverage actually said the daily high was AT THAT VERY MOMENT, coming from?

Now: Bitcoinaverage Global USD 4657.89 USD markets 4653.80 Mycelium 4689.68 (31.79-35.88 diff, not explainable away as average ticks move slower than exchange ticks)
Now: Bitstamp BTC/USD 4678.84 Mycelium 4726.11 (47.27 diff, not explainable away while watching ticks)
Now: Bitfinex BTC/USD 4,589 Mycelium 4645.15 (56.15 diff, not explainable away while watching ticks)

I dedicate this song to you, Mycelium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K0RzZGpyds

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
September 02, 2017, 05:07:45 AM
Not sure where you're looking on bitcoinaverage... but when I click that link I see:

Today's Open $4,942.17
Today's High $4,984.50
Today's Low $4,589.02
USD Index  $4,719.87
24h Average $4,849.92
Global Vol ฿ 113223.61

Sure looks like it made it over $4969.38. Huh

Just checked right now and the app says $4779... bitcoinaverage website says $4729... seems pretty close... I'm assuming that the app doesn't update in real time like the website.

Welcome to the wonderful world of volatile crypto currency values Tongue Roll Eyes
legendary
RIP Mommy
September 01, 2017, 09:16:08 PM
NOW local trader says 0% premium on BitcoinAverage in USD is $4969.38.

https://bitcoinaverage.com/en/currency-markets/btc-to-usd doesn't say that NOW
https://bitcoinaverage.com/en/bitcoin-price/btc-to-usd doesn't say that NOW.

The daily high didn't even get that high. So what the fuck is Mycelium drawing "USD" from? Some other national currency's BitcoinAverage converted to USD at some foreign exchanger's rate?

Doesn't even match individual USD exchanges' spot prices at the same exact time.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
September 01, 2017, 09:07:45 PM
Looks fairly accurate to me... Visiting https://bitcoinaverage.com/en/bitcoin-price/btc-to-usd I see

Seems like BTC is heading for $5k today Wink
Pages:
Jump to: