Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 122. (Read 586109 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
October 09, 2013, 11:08:21 AM
Bug report (0.8.5):

I have four addresses in my wallet, of which one is watch-only.

In the main view the second address (not the watch-only address) shows a very, very small QR code unlike the others. Also if I tap that second address it does not show the dimming QR code like the others. Instead it shows the Android "Share with..." dialog.

My guess is that you have a long label for that address. If the display is small enough and the label long enough, then the QR code will shrink to make the label fit, and eventually disappear entirely if the label is too long. Does this fit with your observations?
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
October 09, 2013, 11:06:01 AM
Bug report (0.8.5):

In the main view the second address (not the watch-only address) shows a very, very small QR code unlike the others. Also if I tap that second address it does not show the dimming QR code like the others. Instead it shows the Android "Share with..." dialog.

i know that the qr code size is not consistent across phones. we should find a more generic solution here.
but in order to verify the fix i need to reproduce it first - which model are you on?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
October 09, 2013, 10:59:25 AM
Bug report (0.8.5):

Jan
legendary
October 08, 2013, 10:22:16 AM
Having a bit of an issue or maybe I just don't understand something. I'm using Mycelium beta 0.8.5 and it shows my regular balance 2.08+ but my spendable = 0 Sad The incoming btc shows in my transaction history on 2 deposits. One with 264 Confirmations and one with 104 confirmations. Do I need to wait for a specific number of conf before these become spendable or am I doing something wrong?

I assume that when you say spendable = 0 then it is the number shown when clicking Send followed by clicking Enter Amount.

I think that you have imported a bitcoin address (without a key) which is a read-only wallet.
In this case the wallet displays the balance of the address on the main view (the sum of the balances of all your addresses).
When it comes to spending it only shows the spendable amount in your wallet, (the sum of the balances of all your private keys).

Let me know whether that was helpful.

Ahhh you are correct. I remember when I tried to import that address it only read the public key and I either didn't see or it didn't give me the option to import that private key. I wanted to take a key from my myc wallet on an old phone and move it to my new phone. When looking at key management I didn't see any indication that this particular key was read only. Throwing something like that in there might keep dummies like me from wasting your time. Thanks for the response. Overall I really like the myc wallet. Simple to use, light weight, stylish. Great work and thanks again.

***edit*** Oh, that must be what that giant key icon next to the address means. I'm such a twat. Sorry again. I've got it all sorted out now. I just entered the private key and it updated the key to full blown spendable while simultaneously downgrading me to Derp - 1.
This is very valuable input. I am certain that you will not be the only one who gets confused about this.
Andreas is currently working on re-making the UI to a more modern layout (I really suck at UI). One of the changes will be to use "cards" for keys. Each key/address will have a card that shows it's properties, and maybe we should really point out what is read-only and what is not, rather than having a key icon on the side.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 08, 2013, 09:37:00 AM
Having a bit of an issue or maybe I just don't understand something. I'm using Mycelium beta 0.8.5 and it shows my regular balance 2.08+ but my spendable = 0 Sad The incoming btc shows in my transaction history on 2 deposits. One with 264 Confirmations and one with 104 confirmations. Do I need to wait for a specific number of conf before these become spendable or am I doing something wrong?

I assume that when you say spendable = 0 then it is the number shown when clicking Send followed by clicking Enter Amount.

I think that you have imported a bitcoin address (without a key) which is a read-only wallet.
In this case the wallet displays the balance of the address on the main view (the sum of the balances of all your addresses).
When it comes to spending it only shows the spendable amount in your wallet, (the sum of the balances of all your private keys).

Ahhh you are correct. I remember when I tried to import that address it only read the public key and I either didn't see or it didn't give me the option to import that private key. I wanted to take a key from my myc wallet on an old phone and move it to my new phone. When looking at key management I didn't see any indication that this particular key was read only. Throwing something like that in there might keep dummies like me from wasting your time. Thanks for the response. Overall I really like the myc wallet. Simple to use, light weight, stylish. Great work and thanks again.

***edit*** Oh, that must be what that giant key icon next to the address means. I'm such a twat. Sorry again. I've got it all sorted out now. I just entered the private key and it updated the key to full blown spendable while simultaneously downgrading me to Derp - 1.
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
October 08, 2013, 09:15:01 AM
We saw this one in London, looks really nice!
Jan
legendary
October 08, 2013, 09:01:47 AM

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 08, 2013, 08:30:55 AM
Jan
legendary
October 08, 2013, 04:27:39 AM
can mycelium sign a message for the wallet address?
Sorry, we don't have message signing yet.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
October 08, 2013, 04:22:54 AM
can mycelium sign a message for the wallet address?
Jan
legendary
October 08, 2013, 03:30:17 AM
Mycelium for Testnet
Going forward each Mycelium release is be accompanied by a version that uses the Bitcoin test network. The Bitcoin test network, also called testnet, is a parallel network that uses worthless testnet bitcoins.

Why?
This allows you to test the new features without having to care about backing up your keys, or risk loosing real valuable bitcoins. Also, it helps other wallet developers testing their stuff.

The testnet version will install as a separate app called Testnet Mycelium Wallet. It will not interfere with your existing wallet, so you can run it on the same device.

Find the testnet version here and get some free testnet coins here.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
October 07, 2013, 10:08:59 AM
One month from now is my best guess.
* Newar sticks hand up for German
I am from Denmark, Andreas is from from Austria  Roll Eyes

My first (and only, 'till now Roll Eyes) buyer in BTC was from Denmark, one year ago. He didn't know anything about bitcoins when he contacted me in Bitmit, in a day or two he registered on bitcoinnordic.com and paid. This can't happen where I live, due to widespread mental laziness.
legendary
October 07, 2013, 07:33:50 AM
Can't blame me for trying ^^
Jan
legendary
October 07, 2013, 07:32:10 AM
legendary
October 07, 2013, 07:28:26 AM
Jan
legendary
October 07, 2013, 07:11:37 AM
Nothing, tried again with another internet provider, same result. I can only add that at point 3 I get:
"We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server."

i think you need to be logged in with your google account that you used to join the g+ community in order to get that page working. also, group join requests are approved manually at the moment.

Yep.
I tried my best to stay away from G+, fortunately I had an unused gmail account and everything is working now.  Grin
I like very much the concept of Mycelium, and the GUI seem promising (in some way better than Bitcoin Wallet, to me), so I think I could be available for helping localising it (english>italian) in the future.
That's great. We would like to get to 1.0 before we start adding more locales, as the UI is still undergoing quite a few transformations. One month from now is my best guess.
October 07, 2013, 07:03:20 AM
Nothing, tried again with another internet provider, same result. I can only add that at point 3 I get:

i think you need to be logged in with your google account that you used to join the g+ community in order to get that page working. also, group join requests are approved manually at the moment.

Yep.
I tried my best to stay away from G+, fortunately I had an unused gmail account and everything is working now.  Grin
I like very much the concept of Mycelium, and the GUI seem promising (in some way better than Bitcoin Wallet, to me), so I think I could be available for helping localising it (english>italian) in the future.
Jan
legendary
October 07, 2013, 05:53:01 AM
v0.8.5 is out
  • Address Swiping: On the main view you can now swipe the address box horizontally to switch between receiving addresses. If you have Segregated Mode enabled (expert feature) the address you swipe to will also be the only key you work on. This means that the balance and transaction history only will show stuff related to that key. The balance and tx history updates really snappy while you swipe through your addresses, try it, it looks rather cool.
  • Address Book: The address book now has two tabs. One for your own addresses and another for other addresses. This gives a nice overview and makes it less likely that you select the wrong recipient.
  • Improved failover: Previously the wallet only switched server if it was not responding. Now the client also switches server if it gets HTTP status codes != 200.

On top of that there are a quite a few usability changes.

Enjoy
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
October 02, 2013, 10:13:41 AM

October 02, 2013, 08:38:19 AM
Good news everyone!

We have launched a new testnet release, where people will can try out new early builds without even touching the real bitcoins. Testnet releases are a completely seperate app, signed with a different key, but built largely from the same source. Of couse it connects to the current testnet3.

to get in, you need to do three things:

1) join the Mycelium Beta testers group at https://plus.google.com/communities/102264813364583686576

2) enable taking part of the beta test at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.testnetwallet

3) install the app via the WEB version of the play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.testnetwallet  using your PC. do not attempt to search it directly via the play store app - since the play store does not list beta-only apps yet.

At point 2 I get:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Angry
Works for me. Please try again.

Jump to: