Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 2. (Read 586109 times)

copper member
Activity: 2156
Merit: 536
Building my own Dreams!
May 21, 2019, 10:07:23 AM
Hello i have funds in Mycelium bitcoin wallet . but where ever i scan QR code of bitcoin address its says not recognized address . how can i transfer funds from Mycelium bitcoin wallet to Blockchain.com or BitcoinQT
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
May 13, 2019, 05:19:11 PM
-snip-
Bitcoin’s rate is constantly changing. Always try focusing in the amount in BTC instead of USD. One second 1 BTC could be at $7900 and the other at $7800. The extra $1 was the fee.
Activity: 303
Merit: 378
May 13, 2019, 05:12:41 PM
When I make a send from the mycelium wallet for a dollar amount, an amount shows up under transactions in white characters.
For example, today I typed in $700 and clicked send.  701.46 USD shows up in the transactions tab in white characters.
Thinking 1.46 was the fee, I decided to do some arithmetic and divided the BTC fee by the total amount of the transaction, and multiplied by 700.
It was a little bit off.
Is it 701.46 because the fee (135 sat/byte) was equivalent to $1.46 at the time of the send (3:40:39 PM EDT May 13, 2109)?
Or did the amount change because I waited a minute between typing the amount and clicking send?
This is the numbers
Inputs       1.6996
Outputs     1.61065618
Miner fee   0.00018557
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
May 06, 2019, 01:07:40 PM
Mine is working fine, and I'm not aware of any way to check the status of the servers. I suggest checking their Telegram.

Occasionally it pops up in their Github - https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet-android/issues

I've probably used it for about 4-5 years now. I've only ever had a server issue once. I don't have one at present either.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
May 06, 2019, 12:32:55 PM
is anyone having issues with their Mycelium wallet? Mine has been trying to synch for an hour now. Usually takes 30 seconds. Is there a way to check connection status or servers? Thanks

Mine is working fine, and I'm not aware of any way to check the status of the servers. I suggest checking their Telegram.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
May 06, 2019, 10:09:50 AM
is anyone having issues with their Mycelium wallet? Mine has been trying to synch for an hour now. Usually takes 30 seconds. Is there a way to check connection status or servers? Thanks
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 04, 2019, 05:07:52 AM
If there's a way to import an HD wallet from seed I'd like to know how to do it.  It looks like mycelium could handle it, if there was a way to generate a code for it.  Mycelium can definitely handle multiple unrelated HD wallets.  The restriction is caused by the limited export menu.
As far as I'm aware, you can only import Master Private/Public Keys... or individual private keys... Mycelium doesn't see to support importing an actual seed... and only seems to support "importing" a mnemonic when you are first setting the app up (aka restoring your wallet).

I'm not sure if the devs read stuff here much any more... might be worth creating an "issue" on their github issues list and see if they plan on implementing such functionality.
Activity: 806
Merit: 423
May 03, 2019, 07:58:09 PM
Yes, I didn't notice when exporting one has options to choose xprv, yrpv or zprv; i.e. legacy, segwit-compatible, or segwit native.
I suppose I'll just have to create a sub-account if I want full choice.
Re the concern you stated in your last line, it's not a problem.  If you import prvkey you get the full wallet (constrained to the chosen derivation path).  You can have a full-functioning legacy wallet or a full-functioning p2sh wallet or a full functioning native segwit wallet.  
If you import pubkey I assume you get a watch-only wallet, though I didn't test it.

If there's a way to import an HD wallet from seed I'd like to know how to do it.  It looks like mycelium could handle it, if there was a way to generate a code for it.  Mycelium can definitely handle multiple unrelated HD wallets.  The restriction is caused by the limited export menu.
HCP
legendary
May 03, 2019, 04:27:56 PM
Possibly because the QRcode was simply an encoding of the master private (xprv) or master public key (xpub) from the other wallet... And NOT a seed.

The master keys imply that a specific derivation path has already been used.

Technically, you'd need to import the "yprv/ypub" or "zprv/zpub" to get the correct P2SH-P2WPKH and P2WPKH versions of the wallet... But I'm not even sure of that is possible.
May 03, 2019, 04:03:46 PM
I'm adding a second HD wallet (a new wallet with its own seed, not a subaccount)
The way to do this is set up a wallet with the new seed on a second phone and then import the QR into mycelium on the phone you actually want to use... at least, it's the only way I could find to do this.

Add New Account
Advanced
enter pin
click Scan
point camera at QR (on other phone highlight the account, click the menu button and "Export account keys" to show QR)

All this went more or less according to plan, insofar as mycelium installed the second HD wallet.
However, the new wallet isn't working properly.
The new HD wallet only shows a legacy receive address, which I can't change to segwit or segwit compatible.
Of course, on the spare phone, where it is the only wallet, it works correctly.
Any ideas?

I'm using a PIXEL XL with up-to-date Pie, build number PQ2A.190405.003
legendary
March 22, 2019, 09:51:50 PM
I asked because of my experience with other wallets leaving stuff behind

*If you uninstall Monerujo and reinstall it, your wallet pops up.  That's because there's a wallet file on the sdcard one has to delete separately.
*If you back up Samourai, it apparently puts a text file in a /Documents folder somewhere (on the sdcard?).

What I'll do is first erase Mycelium's app data then uninstall.
AFAIK, Mycelium's wallet files are stored in the app data itself. Not in a different external vfolder.

Erasing the app data should be enough.
March 22, 2019, 09:26:45 PM
I asked because of my experience with other wallets leaving stuff behind

*If you uninstall Monerujo and reinstall it, your wallet pops up.  That's because there's a wallet file on the sdcard one has to delete separately.
*If you back up Samourai, it apparently puts a text file in a /Documents folder somewhere (on the sdcard?).

What I'll do is first erase Mycelium's app data then uninstall.
legendary
March 22, 2019, 05:26:49 AM
Where is the wallet file in the Android filesystem?
I'm running Mycelium on phones with Oreo (rooted) and Pie.
I need to delete the wallet completely, and I don't know if uninstalling Mycelium gets rid of the wallet file.
I've found that some wallet apps leave the wallet file behind when you uninstall.
Go to Apps and clear Mycelium’s app data. This will erase everything stored within the app.
March 22, 2019, 05:03:00 AM
Where is the wallet file in the Android filesystem?
I'm running Mycelium on phones with Oreo (rooted) and Pie.
I need to delete the wallet completely, and I don't know if uninstalling Mycelium gets rid of the wallet file.
I've found that some wallet apps leave the wallet file behind when you uninstall.

edit:  I found another thread that says the wallet file is here:
/data/data/com.mycelium.wallet/databases/walletbacking.db
I found that file on my rooted phone, but I don't see how to get access to the data directory on my non-rooted phone.
I have adb platform tools installed on my computer, but last time I tried, even that didn't give me access to anything but the sd card on a non-rooted phone.

Mycelium stores keys and stuff unencrypted, according to the thread where I found the filepath.  Which means I am more concerned than ever about making sure the wallet file is good and gone.  How to do so?
It's not enough to send the coins away to a new wallet.  With the wallet file present, my entire transaction history will be visible.  I need to wipe out this wallet file. Help!
HCP
legendary
March 08, 2019, 04:07:40 AM
I suspect their API is broken and is returning an old rate... or it just hasn't updated for a while... Their twitter feed hasn't been updated since July 2018 and their facebook hasn't been updated since June 2018. It's quite possible the ANXPRO API just doesn't work anymore.

Maybe log an issue with Mycelium devs...

In other news, check the "BitcoinVenezuela.com" rate... US$4,957,820!!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Wooooo I'm a millionaire! Tongue
Activity: 617
Merit: 500
March 08, 2019, 03:52:46 AM
Hi,haven't been online a lot but am a little confused about my wallet. It says,according to ANXPRO the rate for 1 Btc is apprx. 2752 Euro or 3100 Dollar,but checking other pages it says that the rate is much higher...more like 3400 Euro or 3800 Dollar? What the heck is going on?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
February 04, 2019, 09:46:54 PM
Mycelium change handling setting does not persist.
Change handling reverts to legacy every time I close the wallet.

I wish to have change sent to native segwit address.
I go to settings, set change handling to native segwit.
I close wallet.
I open the wallet, do a send.
Lo and behold, the change goes to legacy address.
The wallet altered my settings choice.
I selected native segwit; and the wallet altered the setting.

Surely the wallet is not supposed to behave this way.

I haven't tried Segwit on it yet and I don't know how a wallet that started off Legacy will handle it. This doesn't make me super confident making the change to it.

When I get around to it I think I'll start a new wallet with Segwit from minute one.
February 04, 2019, 09:36:31 PM
Mycelium change handling setting does not persist.
Change handling reverts to legacy every time I close the wallet.

I wish to have change sent to native segwit address.
I go to settings, set change handling to native segwit.
I close wallet.
I open the wallet, do a send.
Lo and behold, the change goes to legacy address.
The wallet altered my settings choice.
I selected native segwit; and the wallet altered the setting.

Surely the wallet is not supposed to behave this way.
HCP
legendary
January 26, 2019, 05:08:09 PM
Why does the Mycelium app say that 1 BCH =~ 12,787,308.04 USD?
I'm a millionaire!!  Wait...
Shocked Shocked Shocked Maybe they got the feed for Zimbabwe dollars and USD mixed up? Tongue

What exchange is showing that rate? It might just be bad data from a particular exchange? Huh

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
January 25, 2019, 09:39:04 PM
Why does the Mycelium app say that 1 BCH =~ 12,787,308.04 USD?
I'm a millionaire!!  Wait...
Pages:
Jump to: