Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 5. (Read 586109 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
May 28, 2018, 05:48:22 AM
Was this changed into a donation?

Looks like it. They really threw away a vast amount of good will with that one. And the near total silence to boot is pure contemptuousness.

And they're shutting down their coloured coin platform thing very soon too - https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8mk2gq/mycelium_token_holders_colu_dashboard_will_be/
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
May 28, 2018, 05:34:30 AM
So there seams to still be live in this corpse. Does somebody know what happens with the Mycelium tokens from the crowd funding? Was this changed into a donation?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 25, 2018, 10:19:15 PM
I very much doubt there are any Supermarkets that will directly accept BTC payments. BTC is simply too volatile in value for supermarkets that generally operate on 1% margins.

In any case, NFC payments at supermarkets and most other merchants tend to be restricted to Visa/Mastercard, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay etc... You *might* be able to find a Visa/MC debit card that you can fund with BTC which you could use for "Tap and Go" NFC payments... but I doubt you'll find any mobile BTC wallets that you can use this way.

What they're describing is being able to pay BTC wallet to BTC wallet using NFC... it's not compatible with the "mainstream" NFC systems you find in Supermarkets, Gas stations and departments stores that are part of the "Cirrus"/"Maestro"/"Plus" networks etc...
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 10:14:21 PM
hello,
i live in france and i have a NFC phone, my question is simple : if i put my BTC on your wallet, can i go on a supermarket and pay with my Phone via your wallet with my BTC?

thanks for your answer

Mycelium

One of the bigger features added in the recent update of this mobile wallet is the support for Near Field Communications (NFC) payments. Instead of having to scan a QR code, users who are paying a merchant can just hold their phone over an NFC terminal, and the correct amount will pop up. With one touch of the screen, the payment is sent. Users will also be able to use it to pay people with NFC enabled phones by bringing their phone in proximity to another phone. The mobile wallet also offers customizable transaction fees. This feature allows users to adjust their fee to how the network is doing and ensure their transaction is confirmed in an ideal time frame.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
May 24, 2018, 02:36:52 AM
If you're having a 'Out of sync' problem on the wallet, It's because of their servers. A workaround right now is to download Orbot app and make sure to go to Mycelium advanced settings and choose Tor only.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3209
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
May 13, 2018, 05:02:38 PM
I have been using the Mycelium Android wallet for the past year.

In my opinion its the best wallet out there.

There is only one thing that I would like to see added that I am sure should be easy to do.

How about an alarm or popup anytime a transaction happens in the Mycelium whilst it is not open?

I would love to have an alert made when an incoming TX happens and I am not using the Mycelium.

Other than that it is the perfect wallet to use and love the fact that I can label every transactionI ever did.

Thankyou!
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
April 29, 2018, 04:02:41 PM
Yes, it makes no sense. IMHO it is one of the best Android wallets available but without segwit is going to be useless in a few months (and I don't even want to talk about a possible LN implementation)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
April 28, 2018, 08:38:13 AM
Ok I see, I might give a try with samourai wallet and will see how things go. In the end, I need a very handy hot wallet but, looking at the future, not having segwit onboard is a big limitation for Mycelium

i don't understand it. they're shooting themselves in the head by not integrating it. if they are talking about adding bcash then it makes even less sense. segwit would be a lot less work for them and they have all the time in the world to add shit tokens these days.
legendary
April 28, 2018, 04:33:12 AM
after a few years of good service I think I should be moving away from Mycelium. If you feel like helping please suggest me a good alternative for Android based phones. I found Mycelium very handy because of electrum and ledger interoperability but it looks like the time is right for a change.

it's still worth keeping for stuff like the cold storage spending feature. i switched to samourai wallet because i needed a segwit address. that's kinda blank but gets the job done. i've no objections to coinomi either but some people ain't too happy with it not being fully open source though you can review the code.

Ok I see, I might give a try with samourai wallet and will see how things go. In the end, I need a very handy hot wallet but, looking at the future, not having segwit onboard is a big limitation for Mycelium
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
April 27, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
after a few years of good service I think I should be moving away from Mycelium. If you feel like helping please suggest me a good alternative for Android based phones. I found Mycelium very handy because of electrum and ledger interoperability but it looks like the time is right for a change.

it's still worth keeping for stuff like the cold storage spending feature. i switched to samourai wallet because i needed a segwit address. that's kinda blank but gets the job done. i've no objections to coinomi either but some people ain't too happy with it not being fully open source though you can review the code.
legendary
April 27, 2018, 11:41:37 AM
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
April 10, 2018, 12:51:35 AM
They're "sort of" active... at least, they claim things are happening on the Telegram chat here: https://t.me/MyceliumWallet

They posted a week or two ago explaining their current activities:
Quote from: Leo @Giszmo - MyceliumWallet Telegram - March 28th 2018
not really. we are soon releasing our modularization framework. in fact our efforts in that direction are released to github (3 repos) and to google play testnet (wallet and bch module) and prodnet (bch module). The prodnet wallet is in release testing and last week on monday for the first time did I update my every-day prodnet wallet to it ... and we found issues we hadn't found on our testnet wallets.

Now this modularization was announced since a long time and we explained before how this relates to a lightning integration but here we go again: With a modular wallet, we can

* add lightning as a module
* without bloating the wallet's codebase
* without exposing all your bitcoins to potential vulnerabilities in both LN and the LN library
* still covering your LN accounts with your masterseed backup

With LN as a module, we would not necessarily add SegWit to our wallet but our moduleLN would use SegWit.
That said, once modularization is stable and released, we will probably find more issues and keep fixing issues for some days. We then have to release a second alt-coin and for that, improve our generic support of modules. The Dash team is working on that and I'm following their change requests for the wallet and the modularization framework. At this point, we probably can free developer resources to work on other burning issues. I personally would love to dive into moduleLN but I'm not in charge of making these decisions. Maybe LN module is already being worked on.

Apparently they've also been busy adding/testing BCH support as part of the "Modularisation" of the codebase... Shocked

You can see all the repos here: https://github.com/mycelium-com
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
April 09, 2018, 07:23:25 PM
The play store now has 2.9.11.7 available, but the direct download from the website still remains unchanged at version 2.8.5.

https://wallet.mycelium.com/download/apk/mbw-prodnet-release-2.8.5build28500.apk

Do the devs even read this thread anymore?
The devs have been MIA for some time. The last wallet update was February 24 and they still don't have any plans on supporting Segwit (or even working on the wallet).

Why keep using Mycelium? Move to Samourai or some other wallet which devs actually CARE about Bitcoin.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
April 09, 2018, 07:17:05 PM
Can the devs update the version available for direct download from the website?

https://wallet.mycelium.com/download/apk/mbw-prodnet-release-2.8.5build28500.apk

It's still at version 2.8.5 while the play store has version 2.9.7 available.

The play store now has 2.9.11.7 available, but the direct download from the website still remains unchanged at version 2.8.5.

Do the devs even read this thread anymore?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
February 27, 2018, 10:21:15 AM
So, is this project dead?

Pretty dead, not even SEGWIT capable.

Even AirBitz may now have the Edge on Mycelium, pun intended.
legendary
February 27, 2018, 09:02:18 AM
Hey scum, how about those MT tokens ?

I would like to know that as well.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
February 27, 2018, 07:18:22 AM
Has anyone tried Mycelium service to buy/sell Bitcoins? Is it working fine with all cards?
Is it working well, how are your experiences and would you recommend to use this option? Would like to know your opinion.
I will not recommend using it, I tried to open that feature an what I encountered is this while experimenting the fees of their service.

How the f*ck you get 1k USD fee when you want to purchase 10k USD worth of bitcoin, in a simple math they ask 10% fee for the service which is a pretty huge.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
February 27, 2018, 06:29:22 AM

Pretty dead, not even SEGWIT capable.
legendary
February 27, 2018, 06:19:25 AM
legendary