Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 41. (Read 586168 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 27, 2016, 11:01:29 AM
I think it might be the first crowd sale that's actually tempted me. I'm a long time user and their plans are compelling.

I feel the same way, thinking about how useful Mycelium has been to me the last couple of years, then would I not mind supporting/investing in the company.

However, I find it a problem that you do not know exactly how much your invest correspond to in shares.
The more others invest in the initial crowd sale, the less your share is worth.

Wouldn't it be more fair that you issue a fixed number of shares (or tokens) at an initial price per share and let the market decide the value of the shares?

It's actually announced that the minimum investment is 1 BTC and in correspondence you receive 1 token.

If you're interested, there's a 10% bonus for early contributors on their site.
Is there really a 1 btc minimum investment?
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
April 27, 2016, 10:58:12 AM
I think it might be the first crowd sale that's actually tempted me. I'm a long time user and their plans are compelling.

I feel the same way, thinking about how useful Mycelium has been to me the last couple of years, then would I not mind supporting/investing in the company.

However, I find it a problem that you do not know exactly how much your invest correspond to in shares.

Wouldn't it be more fair that you issue a fixed number of shares (or tokens) at an initial price per share and let the market decide the value of the shares?

It's actually announced that the minimum investment is 1 BTC and in correspondence you receive 1 token.

If you're interested, there's a 10% bonus for early contributors on their site.
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
April 27, 2016, 10:55:16 AM
You shouldn't use the word "shares."  This is not an offering or issuance.  And it isn't a security.
What is it?  What are they selling?

Full disclosure:  I'm a longtime Mycelium fan.  I signed up for the pre-sale.  But only if I get some answers, will I send them my money.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
April 27, 2016, 05:20:16 AM

April 26, 2016, 08:59:06 PM
If they can integrate Monero it will be heaven.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 26, 2016, 08:21:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
April 26, 2016, 08:17:54 PM
Looks good to me, the crowdsale is an interesting offer.
And they are adding some alt coins to the wallet, already a great wallet and now only getting better.

Good work guys!
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 26, 2016, 08:04:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
April 11, 2016, 06:40:33 AM
Hi, been using this wallet fine for ages however sent a transaction 30 mins ago & its stuck on 0 confirmations, nothing in the blockchain & still says sending x.xxxx on the my balance page...any ideas?  Is there an official support for mycellium?

If it's still stuck, go to the Transaction tab, tap on the tx and it will give you the option to rebroadcast.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
April 10, 2016, 09:15:10 PM
Hi, been using this wallet fine for ages however sent a transaction 30 mins ago & its stuck on 0 confirmations, nothing in the blockchain & still says sending x.xxxx on the my balance page...any ideas?  Is there an official support for mycellium?
April 10, 2016, 04:29:26 PM
i have just downloaded Mycelium as i see it as a good option for paying for items on Open Bazaar.

BUT as the RECEIVE address changes with one use, can i use this wallet to accept payments? Or will i have to change the address after it is used once?

Or will i be able to accept many payment using the one address.

Also in my address book, it shows nothing.
Mycelium uses each address once, by default, but it remembers every address it generates.  If someone sends funds to one of the used addresses, Mycelium will find them; nothing gets lost.
Occasionally you might have to refresh the wallet.  That happens sometimes even if you are not receiving at old addresses.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
April 10, 2016, 12:55:31 PM
i have just downloaded Mycelium as i see it as a good option for paying for items on Open Bazaar.

BUT as the RECEIVE address changes with one use, can i use this wallet to accept payments? Or will i have to change the address after it is used once?

Or will i be able to accept many payment using the one address.

Also in my address book, it shows nothing.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
March 27, 2016, 09:15:18 PM
How exactly does Mycelium backup work? You get 12 English words as backup key for your wallet. What is mechanism behind this?

BIP39 is what Mycelium uses to generate the 12 words. See https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039.mediawiki

Where are private keys kept? How are they secured? How are they retrieved with 12 words?

It uses BIP44 to generate the private keys from the 12 words. See https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0044.mediawiki

You can play about here with BIP39 and BIP44 to see how the words correspond to public and private keys:

https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/

If you put your Mycelium backup words into the first field, you'll see all your Mycelium addresses and private keys in the BIP44 tab when you scroll down. There are risks involved with entering your backup on an online machine, of course. Depending on how safe you want to be you might prefer to make a copy of that web page on a memory stick and play about with it on an offline machine. Or use a different set of words completely.

I put in these 12 words: "ketchup meat mesh gift youth dentist early chef luggage delay old enhance". That is all the information you need to generate addresses:

1LnBZHUP3qBoBCsUBnAxPpHMunqWtA18kD, 1KoDCzwjk6YrosZefW9rh75iGZYLgYmyPT, 1FrJWybjo8epKhvCFbXhAkmUx4WsUNqm4Q, ...

and the corresponding private keys. The sequence of addresses goes on forever and all you need to store are the 12 seed words.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
March 27, 2016, 08:36:18 AM
I had blockchain on my mobile before, I am very glad to have found this, its very useful for betting on the go and I only keep small amounts in it, so I am not bothering if someone stole or not my private key in this max amount I keep here is 0.05 BTC just for betting on the go. So far its a great app and of great usage on the go.
Activity: 408
Merit: 250
March 25, 2016, 07:52:34 PM
Mycelium seems to be poorly integrated with Trezor: I keep getting stuck at "scanning Accounts" for 5 minutes before it can find (when successful. It's a hit and miss) any btc account in the trezor device.
In addition, it doesn't seem to be correctly adding up the full balance shown as when I use Electrum instead with the same exact Trezor. 

Any pointers?

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
March 25, 2016, 03:48:51 PM
How exactly does Mycelium backup work? You get 12 English words as backup key for your wallet. What is mechanism behind this? Where are private keys kept? How are they secured? How are they retrieved with 12 words?

Try this link https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ik8jq/mycelium_bitcoin_wallet_20_hd_is_out/

Remember your private keys are kept on your phone and could be compromised. For ultimate security use Mycelium with a Trezor, that way your private keys are in the Trezor immune to malware.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 25, 2016, 03:26:55 PM
How exactly does Mycelium backup work? You get 12 English words as backup key for your wallet. What is mechanism behind this? Where are private keys kept? How are they secured? How are they retrieved with 12 words?
March 23, 2016, 01:51:26 PM
It would be nice though if there was a way to get/export a list of addresses so that they could be watched in another wallet.

People have put together tools for doing exactly that on websites, and on github, but I don't have the links handy.  Unfortunately, such tools aren't built into mycelium.  But mycelium uses standard HD, so you can derive the entire chain of addresses from your seed.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0044.mediawiki
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2016, 12:39:53 PM
Ok thanks.

I did figure out what was going on after more investigation. It seems that the miner started sending coins to an older address in another wallet.

So all is well. It wasn't a wallet issue.

Thanks for the info about sigh message to list addresses. It would be nice though if there was a way to get/export a list of addresses so that they could be watched in another wallet.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
March 23, 2016, 11:21:28 AM
Channel or forum?  I believe this is the best forum for support.   IRC channel #bitcoin or #bitcoin-otc would be a good live resource.

I have only ever needed to reload account to load up the transactions; however, you can also delete mycelium from the phone and then install / restore from your master seed.  This takes some time, but also rescans and shows transactions.

There is no way to output a list from mycelium.  You can export the public key and then use pycoin to generate the public keys for as many addresses as you want.
And, if you don't have to many transactions, you could select to Sign Message with an address which gives you a list as well of the used addresses in order to sign the message.
Pages:
Jump to: