Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 38. (Read 586168 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 04, 2016, 11:40:15 AM
Anyone here facing the problem that it doesn't automatically sync the previous address even when there's new incoming transaction?
I have to "reload account" every time to check if there's incoming transaction.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
June 04, 2016, 11:07:32 AM
I believe the Trezor uses a similar system where a single master seed can be used to generate multiple accounts.

Actually Trezor uses exactly the same system. (or its more fair to say mycelium uses exactly the same system as Trezor, cause Trezor was first!) So you could even restore a mycelium backup on your Trezor or the other way round.
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
June 04, 2016, 09:41:43 AM
You don't need to create an additional backup - your 12 word seed backup is good for all addresses in all HD accounts you create in mycelium, even for future ones.

If the checks and waiting times weren't in place, I could pick up your phone and make a backup without you noticing. I could set a pin, if I wasn't forced to wait then I could back it up then remove the pin again. You wouldn't know I have a backup and I could at any point decide to steal all your funds.
So while it might seem odd, it's necessary to protect you. And as mentioned, you don't need to back up again - you would just get the same 12 words shown again anyway.
That makes more sense, thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that my seed would cover all generated accounts, but that does make sense - I believe the Trezor uses a similar system where a single master seed can be used to generate multiple accounts.
Activity: 707
June 03, 2016, 05:45:48 PM
You don't need to create an additional backup - your 12 word seed backup is good for all addresses in all HD accounts you create in mycelium, even for future ones.

If the checks and waiting times weren't in place, I could pick up your phone and make a backup without you noticing. I could set a pin, if I wasn't forced to wait then I could back it up then remove the pin again. You wouldn't know I have a backup and I could at any point decide to steal all your funds.
So while it might seem odd, it's necessary to protect you. And as mentioned, you don't need to back up again - you would just get the same 12 words shown again anyway.
June 03, 2016, 12:03:14 PM
That's to prevent someone from picking up your phone, creating a backup, and swiping your seed without your knowledge. If you set up your PIN, that should prevent someone from getting into your wallet/seed in the first place.
I realize that, but I was just setting up a PIN for the first time. Here's the process I went through:

• Created a new Mycelium account
  • I want to back up this new account right after creation, so I try to do so.
  • I get a message stating that before I can backup this account, a PIN needs to be set on it
  • I set a PIN for the account
  • I now try to backup my account. However, I receive a message saying that my PIN was recently changed and I need to wait 288 blocks (48 hours) before I can backup the account

It seems to me that after creating a new Mycelium account, you're forced to wait 48 hours before you can initially back it up. I brought this up, as I figured it was a bug when trying to initially backup a brand new account. This may be the desired behavior for existing accounts where the PIN was actually changed, but it seems like it's a sort of bug when you're trying to backup an account where a PIN was just created.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
June 03, 2016, 02:33:51 AM
Any exchange to trade this coin?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 03, 2016, 12:14:31 AM
That's to prevent someone from picking up your phone, creating a backup, and swiping your seed without your knowledge. If you set up your PIN, that should prevent someone from getting into your wallet/seed in the first place.
June 02, 2016, 04:40:00 PM
Strange.

You have your original HD account backed up right? I'm pretty sure all the HD accounts use the same seed.

I'm sure I have a backup of the seed, but I'm not sure if I have a backup of the account made through Mycelium. Before last weekend I hadn't used that wallet in about a year or so. Anyway, I thought it was a little odd that I wasn't able to backup the account after setting an initial PIN.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
June 02, 2016, 04:27:17 PM
I think I might have found a small bug in the latest version of Mycellium, but I figured I'd run it by the forums first to see if others have had similar experiences.

Last weekend, I created a new Mycellium HD account and decided I wanted to create a backup of it right after creation. When I tried to do so, I was told that I needed a PIN on the account before I could back it up. Fair enough, I set a PIN and continued to try and back it up. However, when I tried to back it up after setting a PIN, I received a message stating that the PIN was recently changed and I'd need to wait two days (288 blocks) before I could back up the account.

Has anybody run into this before? It was a little frustrating to not be able to make a backup of my new account, and it might be worth looking into for future releases.

Strange.

You have your original HD account backed up right? I'm pretty sure all the HD accounts use the same seed.
June 02, 2016, 03:52:01 PM
I think I might have found a small bug in the latest version of Mycellium, but I figured I'd run it by the forums first to see if others have had similar experiences.

Last weekend, I created a new Mycellium HD account and decided I wanted to create a backup of it right after creation. When I tried to do so, I was told that I needed a PIN on the account before I could back it up. Fair enough, I set a PIN and continued to try and back it up. However, when I tried to back it up after setting a PIN, I received a message stating that the PIN was recently changed and I'd need to wait two days (288 blocks) before I could back up the account.

Has anybody run into this before? It was a little frustrating to not be able to make a backup of my new account, and it might be worth looking into for future releases.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2016, 06:45:56 PM
Thanks for the assistance Rassah  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 18, 2016, 05:50:33 PM
Hi. We get and read through the support, but we need the backend devs to actually do something. Sometimes we are waiting for them to get back to us on an answer too. There is a password reset option already.
legendary
May 18, 2016, 09:14:36 AM
Anyone?  Bueller?
legendary
May 17, 2016, 04:58:17 PM
Is there a mycelium rep here?  I need to reset my password on my mycelium.com account (+10% pre-registration), and the [email protected] seems unresponsive
Activity: 695
May 17, 2016, 02:45:43 PM
I wrote
"going into settings->apps shows lots of apps running." Meaning the list of running apps that can be found under settings-apps

Sorry, I was reading unattentively. Now I understand.
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
May 17, 2016, 12:59:59 PM
You're right.  Even after swiping all those screens away, going into settings->apps shows lots of apps running.

It does not show "apps running".

It shows apps that were used recently, no matter whether they are now running or not.

Swiping them away erases their status, so the next time you start the swiped app it starts with a clean slate and does not reinstate its last status.
I wrote
"going into settings->apps shows lots of apps running." Meaning the list of running apps that can be found under settings-apps
May 17, 2016, 12:48:27 AM
You're right.  Even after swiping all those screens away, going into settings->apps shows lots of apps running.

It does not show "apps running".

It shows apps that were used recently, no matter whether they are now running or not.

Swiping them away erases their status, so the next time you start the swiped app it starts with a clean slate and does not reinstate its last status.
May 16, 2016, 03:52:27 PM
You're right.  Even after swiping all those screens away, going into settings->apps shows lots of apps running.

On a separate note, it's funny that even when I have Mycelium open, it doesn't appear in the list of running apps.
May 16, 2016, 09:45:58 AM
On my Oneplus One phone running cm 12.0, long-pressing the menu key ("hamburger" icon) shows running apps.
They can be swept from there.

It does not show running apps. It shows recent apps, including many that are no longer running.
May 16, 2016, 09:01:01 AM
It's easy to turn an app off on the tablet.  Touch the apps button and swipe an app or apps off the screen.
But with the phone, turning an app off isn't so straightforward.
On the phone, swiping an app off the running apps screen doesn't work, or you didn't try? It works for me (CyanogenMod 12.1). You should be able to open it by long press of home button.
Thanks for telling me, now I see how to swipe apps away.
On my Oneplus One phone running cm 12.0, long-pressing the menu key ("hamburger" icon) shows running apps.
They can be swept from there.
Pages:
Jump to: