Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 42. (Read 586168 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2016, 10:09:54 AM
What's the best channel to get support for Mycelium Android wallet?

I have an issue where one of my accounts isn't showing all the transactions. Is there a limit to how many show? I tried reload account to no avail.

Also, is there a way to get a list of all the public addresses in an Account so I can use a block explorer to compare the balances?
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2151
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
March 01, 2016, 11:54:48 PM
Yeah, I didn't even know about it but Open Bazaar has just done a release on the testnet so I mined a few for myself. I still have a bunch on a regular bitcoin wallet but I like Mycelium better for regular use.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
March 01, 2016, 10:33:28 PM
Sorry.  I thought everyone uses mycelium to track real coins.  Thanks for the explanation.  Smiley
legendary
March 01, 2016, 09:13:20 PM
How does this relate to Mycelium?

Mycelium has a testnet version which is not currently was not showing the correct balance. My apologies, I was not explicit in my original post.

By searching back, I was able to find that the testnet stuff on Mycelium has been following the wrong fork before and caused a similar issue.

It appears to be up-to-date now. Thanks, Mycelium guys.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
March 01, 2016, 05:38:03 PM
How does this relate to Mycelium?
legendary
March 01, 2016, 05:30:54 PM
Hi guys. Looks like testnet is maybe stuck again like it did in the past (from what I can see). No biggie. Just 100 or so fake bitcoins stuck in limbo Smiley

Bump?
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
February 17, 2016, 01:48:41 PM
Hi. Just made a transaction and only 0.00005803 BTC of fees were included.... transaction didn't get into a block for quite some time already. What now?

Also I ordered the entropy device a loooooong time ago from your website and nothign arrived yet.

Thanks!
legendary
February 16, 2016, 06:56:36 PM
Hi guys. Looks like testnet is maybe stuck again like it did in the past (from what I can see). No biggie. Just 100 or so fake bitcoins stuck in limbo Smiley
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
February 02, 2016, 04:19:39 AM

That transaction is pretty big, because it uses a lot of small inputs.
Fees do not depend on the amount transacted, they depend on the data size of the transactions. Consolidating many many outputs into one creates big transactions.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
January 29, 2016, 05:11:35 PM
D'oh.  [Facepalm]
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
January 29, 2016, 03:02:20 PM
0.6618684 - 0.00005248 (fee) - 0.1 = 0.56181592
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
January 29, 2016, 02:35:57 PM
I sent 0.1 btc from my HD mycelium account to poloniex.  This is the tx
0bf4547c875f4ca8c26b33d8dfdd38fe17a4cc51a6855b17b72045adee2f4f11
This is the address I sent it to
1BbmzmnkbsB7YUZj5wC5autSK3hHkhN7UM
Blockchain.info shows the address receiving the 0.1 btc, but poloniex didn't credit my account.  I opened a ticket with them. 
While I'm waiting to hear from them I've been looking at the transaction and there's something I don't understand.  How can the tx input be smaller than the outputs?
Mycelium's transaction details tab shows an input of 0.6618684 and outputs of 0.1 and 0.56181592
The 0.1 went to the polo address.  The other two amounts were single-use addresses,
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
January 29, 2016, 07:44:23 AM
Mycelium is a great wallet if you are using your phone to work with your bitcoin. While im waiting for my hard wallet to arrive from post, I'm using my old iPhone 4s as a cold wallet for the time being. I'm using mycelium works like a charm.
Activity: 73
January 25, 2016, 01:03:26 PM
One can generate a private key on his tablet and copy it to clipboard, but this entails prohibitive risk, so for all practical purposes mycelium now can only import a key in the form of a qr code (from a second device or from a paper wallet).
Activity: 81
January 20, 2016, 09:17:56 AM
Mycelium released version 2.6.0 on January 14, 2016.

Whats new?
  • Create new Cashila account & option to add new recipients from within the app
  • Allow switching between front and back camera for scanning QR codes
  • [bugfix] fix crash in local-trader if exchange rate is not available.

They integrated Cashila.
For all who don't know the service - you can make SEPA deposits to any EU bank account (like paying bills, sending funds to family,...).
Based on their blog post, Mycelium users get 1.000 EUR of free transfers to try the service!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 19, 2016, 11:16:57 AM
When installing Mycelium, the first time it asks whether to start a new wallet or restore a previous backup.

However, once a new wallet is running, is it still possible to import a HD backup (12 words) from another wallet? Or better yet, (temporarily) switch to a different HD wallet, by entering 12 words?

The problem is: I recently installed Mycelium on my phone, started a new HD wallet, but now I suddenly doubt if my old wallet still had some bitcoins left. I still have the 12 words (for both the old wallet, and the new one). But I can't seem to open or restore or import an old wallet anymore, once a new HD wallet has been created??

Try Cold Storage from the three-dot menu and choose Masterseed.  It won't import the new wallet, but it should let you check the balance and make a transfer.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
January 19, 2016, 09:55:22 AM
Hello everyone, i was wondering if i could use an offline phone running mycelium to just sign transactions, transfer it to an online phone (via qr code)  with mycelium to be transmited? What i wanted to do is avoid ever going online with my main savings account. Ty

Not a direct answer to your question, but an excellent, though not free of charge, way to do that is to buy a Trezor. Highly recommended for larger amounts of bitcoin money. A Trezor is at least cheaper than a smartphone.

Trezor uses a direct USB/OTG connection, but its open-source software prevents any leakage, and its small screen and buttons makes it possible to let the user confirm what is to be signed.

Mycelium has complete integration with Trezor and makes a Trezor account really easy to use, almost like any other Mycelium account.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 19, 2016, 09:31:51 AM
Hello everyone, i was wondering if i could use an offline phone running mycelium to just sign transactions, transfer it to an online phone (via qr code)  with mycelium to be transmited? What i wanted to do is avoid ever going online with my main savings account. Ty
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
January 19, 2016, 07:55:09 AM
When installing Mycelium, the first time it asks whether to start a new wallet or restore a previous backup.

However, once a new wallet is running, is it still possible to import a HD backup (12 words) from another wallet? Or better yet, (temporarily) switch to a different HD wallet, by entering 12 words?

The problem is: I recently installed Mycelium on my phone, started a new HD wallet, but now I suddenly doubt if my old wallet still had some bitcoins left. I still have the 12 words (for both the old wallet, and the new one). But I can't seem to open or restore or import an old wallet anymore, once a new HD wallet has been created??

I was going to post "no problem", but now I'm not so sure. Mycelium seems ready to manage many accounts in parallel (see "accounts" tab, where you can select the active one and manage them).

Unfortunately "add hd account" will not allow import of a HD seed, but only allows creation of new "HD accounts" using "your seed". This seems to imply mycelium can only handle a signle HD seed. (note the problematic use of the term "account" in mycelium to mean different things like "wallet" or "hd account").

On the other hand: under the "add account" icon (a key symbol with a + sign) -> "advanced" -> "scan" one can supposedly add "unrelated accounts", including HD accounts. It doesn't seem to allow entering of a seed, only to scan qr code (which I wouldn't know how to encode a hd seed into and frankly wouldn't want to do it for security reasons)

So: I'm not sure.
Pages:
Jump to: