Pages:
Author

Topic: ██[MZC] MazaCoin - National Currency - now @ RussiaToday, Independent, Telegraph - page 69. (Read 167545 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Doesn't help anything that BTC itself dropped a lot today and is still dropping.

This is why BTC is down, http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zsz4g/karpeles_almost_certainly_has_control_of_200k_btc/

Mt. Gox coins have been moving all morning.

http://i.imgur.com/sn7VsAJ.png
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You folks looking at the depth chart on Cryptsy?  Could be interesting if the dam breaks, either way.

Activity: 630
Merit: 501
The price comes from the potential for MZC to store value. Just like Iceland. Speculators are assuming this community will take up and support this coin - thereby giving it circulation and a constant value against real goods.
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
Just to let everyone know there is a pump coming at 6pm GMT 15mins from now. Buy up quick!

where did you see this? which exchange?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Payu Harris on the keiser report mentioned people could be for example paid for stuff they make, such as art.

And why do people keep over complicating things, just because you/we all have smart phones, remember those
things called paper wallets!   Roll Eyes

A lot of 1st gen crypto bugs are delusional, face it, MOST Americans are still not ready to use Bitcoin either, think how many poor people are still on dial up or slow dsl, use AOL or some other shitty service, have computers loaded with malware and just find the idea of even paying your bills online a big hassle, it's bigger than you think.

I bought into Bitcoin on the belief it won't be ready and mainstream for at least 3-5 years, but people here act like it is just months down the road from worldwide domination.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Doesn't help anything that BTC itself dropped a lot today and is still dropping.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
some people on this forum are better at investigative reporting than the wall street journal

lolololol

Well I always believe in the right to remain skeptical but Indianz.com doesn't exactly rank higher than WSJ on the credibility book either.

That 'z' in their domain name really ups their credibility  Grin
Activity: 196
I still dont like the coin.

First more of these indians are suffering from poverty. its kinda unlikely they will have computers.
It also isnt like they really have an economy. they are americans. they go to the store and spend dollar bills like the rest of us.
this isnt iceland or even anything close. and how is this magically going to solve theri poverty?
what us traders run up the price of the coin?
and from an article on it

Tribes using MazaCoin automatically make it easier to spend money at the local reservation general store than changing it into dollars to spend at Walmart, for example.

what?

so getting dollars to the exchanges and then changing them to mazacoins and using the smart phone these poor people dont have to shop at a store that already takes dollars is easier than what?

yeah sorry, this coin just has a weak premise I will trade it if there is money to be had.
but come the fuck on, they havent really spelled out how this coin is going to magically accomplish anything.
just having your own currency doesnt do anything to poverty.
ask zimbaqwai. and thinking a digital currency will help a group that is unlikely to actually own a computer is funny.

Payu Harris on the keiser report mentioned people could be for example paid for stuff they make, such as art.

And why do people keep over complicating things, just because you/we all have smart phones, remember those
things called paper wallets!   Roll Eyes
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
some people on this forum are better at investigative reporting than the wall street journal

lolololol

LOL Smiley f*ck fuders, that's all bro  Cool
legendary
Activity: 812

Some people just hate because they hate.  Very simple.

I wish every coin and every crypto project success.

Mazacoin seems to be backed by someone who is actually out there believing what he is doing is good for his people.

That's noble enough for me.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Spreading FUD about the coin is still acceptable for me, but to claim that payu harris is a scammer? If you google you can see article about his rally for the development of lakota community way before the bitcoin boom. Accusing a man who have been fighting for his tribe way before the bitcoin boom is pathetic, and to top it off you put racial stereotypes in it? Sad, i'm really sad.  Cry
Activity: 476
lolololol
Well I always believe in the right to remain skeptical but Indianz.com doesn't exactly rank higher than WSJ on the credibility book either.

At least they actually contacted the council and did some actual journalism, rather than just repeating the same press releases everyone else has.
Also worth keeping in mind that it is a WSJ blog article, not a news story, and I doubt it is subject to the same level of fact checking.
Just to let everyone know there is a pump coming at 6pm GMT 15mins from now. Buy up quick!

that's what I heard earlier in twitterland

volume is already going up on mintpal
legendary
Activity: 1246

lolololol

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Mazascam will hit 0 today its crashing really fast. cant believe people fell for this garbage.

lolololol
Activity: 210
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 476
Lakota Indians Adopt New Digital Currency, Mazacoin, as Legal Tender

Which is known to be a false statement.

http://www.indianz.com/News/2014/012781.asp
Man claims OST has launched own currency
Council and President taken by surprise
By Brandon Ecoffey
Native Sun News Managing Editor
PINE RIDGE — The Oglala Sioux Tribe supposedly launched its own national currency. However no one bothered to inform Tribal President Bryan Brewer or the Oglala Sioux Tribal Council.
When contacted by Native Sun News President Brewer said that he was unaware of any official move by the tribe to launch a new currency.
“There has been no action taken by the council to approve of a new currency. The economic development office gave a letter of support to Harris to continue to research the industry and that was it. As far as it being an official currency of the tribe that is not true at all. Any action like that would need to go through the council,” said President Brewer.
Lakota Indians Adopt New Digital Currency, Mazacoin, as Legal Tender

[Suspicious link removed]j.net/public/resources/images/BN-BT743_mazaco_D_20140304133233.jpg[/img]

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/03/07/lakota-nation-strives-for-independence-with-digital-currency-mazacoin/

Payu Harris
http://www.buffalopost.net/?p=9539

THANK YOU ^^^^^^^^^ Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: