Pages:
Author

Topic: Necronomicon thread: Altcoins which are dead. - page 2. (Read 43841 times)

legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Would anyone here be interested in working with me to try do something about this list?

Depends on what - but sure.

#crysx
Activity: 164
Merit: 19
Would anyone here be interested in working with me to try do something about this list?
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Please remove 'GraniteCoin'.

The name changed a couple of years ago and has been growing from strength to strength over the last couple of years.

We are in continual development, and are currently building the CWI-InfraStructure to cater for the future of the projects we have in which 'granite' (not 'GraniteCoin') is part thereof.

Thanks,

#crysx
Activity: 164
Merit: 19
Amazing work by Cryddit for the list.
I have been trying to get stats on some of these coins and it is very time consuming.
I also am interested in the definition of dead.
As raised here it's very unlikely a dead coin is ever resurrected but it has happened.
So when can know it's dead?
It seems like the creator weighing in would be a material dimension to the discussion but in most cases that too is unlikely.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
isn’t Cthulhu OFF just got an update? but looks like no updated nodes though Sad
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Good work and useful information. Certainly, some of the coins will always die for various reasons, the main of which is its notorious unfitness as a crypto currency. This must be treated as inevitable. However, the other part of such coins will find its worthy application and the whole of the crypto currency will only be strengthened and widely introduced into our hands
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
^^ This post UP HERE ^^ should probably have a thread of its own. Not enough discussion on the better altcoins out there in the forum.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
2017 is a great year for cryptocurrency development - so many exciting projects appear that it’s difficult to keep track of them all. Recently, we wrote about some altcoin contenders. Now, let’s take a closer look at the five most promising newcomers whose positions are growing fast.

Wings [WINGS]
One of the first cryptocurrencies to appear this year was Wings. From January to June its popularity jumped up and down and has recently stabilized at a market capitalization of $56 mln.

Based in Switzerland, Wings provides the necessary tools for the creation and promotion of decentralized projects. They use smart contracts and forecast markets to evaluate projects.

Gnosis [GNO]
Next up is the well-known Gnosis. They started in February and soon reached high levels of demand, but have backtracked a bit since May. The coin has now settled at a market cap of around $295 mln.

Its “crowdsourced wisdom” platform enables anyone to speculate on any future events and get rewards for accurate predictions. Gnosis also provides its own platform for the creation of DApps.

Zcash [ZEC]
In the middle of the chart, we have Zcash with a $378 mln market cap. The cryptocurrency first showed up in October 2016, but its popularity has never been quite high until March 2017.

Zcash is the first open and permissionless financial system operating under zero-knowledge cryptography. It uses a special zk-SNARK proof which allows the network to support a secure ledger of balances without revealing any parties.

Zcash encrypts the payment information and uses a novel cryptographic method to verify their validity. According to the developers, that approach allows all involved parties to send completely anonymous transactions.

Golem [GNT]
The second spot goes to another March-born cryptocurrency Golem, which has reached a $400 mln market cap. On March 20 it became the 13th most valuable digital currency and its popularity has leveled in April.

Golem’s crowdfunding event became the second fastest in crypto history - $8,600,000 in 29 minutes. Golem plans to become a huge global network, extremely powerful and 100 percent open sourced. It can also help with computationally intensive cryptography work.

Stratis [STRAT]
And finally, our gold medal goes to Stratis. This cryptocurrency became one of April’s top contenders immediately after hitting the markets. In the last week of May, its market cap jumped up to $1.070 bln.

Stratis is currently one of the top 10 cryptocurrencies on CoinMarketCap. This powerful Blockchain development platform has a unique feature - it offers the ability to code native decentralized apps in C#. It opens up a number of possibilities for developers.

Moreover, Stratis allows organizations to create private Blockchains. They are realized in the form of sidechains, which are fully integrated with Stratis’ main Blockchain.

Road ahead
This short list offers a brief look into the current state of the cryptocurrency market. But the popularity of different cryptocurrencies is not a constant, and these ratings might change very soon. With the rest of the year still ahead of us, there is a lot of projects to look forward to. Let us know in the comments which cryptocurrencies you are cheering for!
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
these names are awefull... nice list though, I still see BEER on coinexchange
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Do the thing and you'll have the power.
I've kept some dead wallets as souvenirs throughout the years. Fun shit. A few times a "dead" coin has suddenly come back to life and surprised me with a nice little bonus $ lol, you never know I guess
That's what cloakcoin did.Rise from the dead
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
Incakoin is far from dead.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
I've kept some dead wallets as souvenirs throughout the years. Fun shit. A few times a "dead" coin has suddenly come back to life and surprised me with a nice little bonus $ lol, you never know I guess
Activity: 298
Merit: 106
I have several wallets with some of these dead coins, if someone wants to buy them I can make a bargain Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Has anyone ever seen a dead coin get resurrected to become a successful coin... or at least have its market capitalization exceed $100,000?

Slimcoin Cheesy It was almost dead in late 2016, when it was delisted from all exchanges and for some days, nearly all mining stopped and blocks took hours to produce (in a coin that has a 90 second block time), so it was perhaps not totally dead but surely agonizing. Now, after development has been resumed it has a market cap of approximately 200.000-300.000 $, with peaks up to 800.000$ (Proof: Coinmarketcap.)
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Keeping up with this would have been a full time job.

Cool idea though

Oh, credit to Cryddit. The original list is a fine piece of scholarship. Best I've ever seen.
Activity: 404
Merit: 329
One coin to Troll them all
Just wanted to make sure you all know TrollCoin is dead right now, or "making a killing" shit, im in the wrong thread!
legendary
Activity: 1778
Has anyone ever seen a dead coin get resurrected to become a successful coin... or at least have its market capitalization exceed $100,000?

It happens all the time.

I have seen dead coins with market caps less than $50,000 , suddenly exceed $2,000,000

Sadly, I missed all these opportunities
legendary
Activity: 1291

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

Cool idea though

Yes, we need a reaper to take care of the necronomicon, any one interested ? it won't be a paid job, but at least you will keep people informed of the latest coins informations. A lot of people there went trapped in a project because they ignored it was actually dead.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Cool idea though
Pages:
Jump to: