Pages:
Author

Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase? - page 15. (Read 33998 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Updated ironic image.
September 16, 2013, 04:56:58 AM
Just want to say that this method works and there is nothing suspicious about how lajz99 is vetting his instructions. It will make sense once you get the PM. I got my refund in 6 hours and was impressed by the professionalism of PayPal.

BFL are now delivering products that are too late to be anywhere as useful as they would have been if they shipped them before all the Avalon derived units and Bitfury systems, not to mention the imminent KNC onslaught. BFL have made repeated false promises/estimates/lies. Your refund is entirely justified. I recommend doing it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.
September 16, 2013, 04:13:45 AM
Even though I don't have a stake in the mess that is BFL, I thank you for the service you provide. This community needs more spirit like yours.

Keep up the good work!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 16, 2013, 02:57:18 AM
Have you not received what you have paid for from Butterfly Labs?

As you've probably seen in the thread most, if not all requests are being rejected at this point but feel free to give it a shot.  Please note, I will not be replying to PM's asking for help/additional information at this point.  All of the advice I can provide is in this post.

The two email addresses below are for a paypal exec and exec escalation team that you can reach out to that has resulted in getting quite a few of us refunds.

Email: [email protected] AND [email protected]

Make sure you explain the situation with BFL talking about their missed ship dates, still cannot provide ship dates and will not provide a refund although they have not shipped the product, etc.  Also include the information about your PayPal transaction and a phone number you can be reached at.  

Some good advice from OleOle who recently received a refund.
A couple of remarks for those people who are still reading and still considering how to go about getting a refund. I cannot comment on what it's like to try to get a refund via Paypal after the 45 days from date of order, what I will say though is that there are plenty of examples on this and other threads where people have succeeded, so go for it, it is possible and it's your money. The dispute resolution process is basically you writing the circumstances of the transaction and non-delivery in 2000 words or less. After looking at some of the suggested templates and some of the observations on this thread, I decided that it would be far better me writing my own letter, rather than using any template. The reason for this is that by writing your own unique correspondence, it's obvious that you've taken the time to write your own portrayal of events, you're not forwarding a cut-and-paste response and you're letting Paypal know that the matter is serious and that you take the matter seriously. It's my gut feeling that many of the people being refused refunds by Paypal are those people you are just pumping off any old crappolla and not giving Paypal anything to work with. Tell the truth as you see it, be accurate with your dates, times, provide a link to Jody's shipping blog showing the delays. Be clear, articulate and tell it how it is. Remember you are in the right. Draft your response so that it's worthy of being actioned and if it doesn't get actioned the first time, be happy enough with what you've written so that you can forward it to more senior management in Paypal if necessary. Most people have been very reasonable, it's BFL that have been entirely unreasonable and broken almost every 'promised delivery timeframe' in the last year. Paypal are well aware of the situation, the refund comes from BFL, you'll get the email to prove it. Paypal will not be footing the bill, so your aim is to write clearly enough to provide enough ammunition that Paypal can insist that BFL offer you a refund. That's the task, that's what your letter to Paypal has to achieve. It's doable, so go do it, it will take less than one hour of your time. How many days, weeks, months have you waited?

If you receive the standard 45 day notice from PayPal READ THIS: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3350757

File a complaint with the FTC:
To everyone who received a paypal refund with lajz99's help.

Please support the rest of the community and visit the thread below.

Just because you have a positive outcome does not mean you can not still file a complaint with the FTC.

This is your opportunity to give something back, please spare 10 minutes of your time to complete the form.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-file-a-ftc-complaint-against-bfls-illegal-business-practices-319522

Note : I had difficulties accessing the website from outside the US and had to use a proxy plugin with firefox. (web proxies did not work for me.)

# Bitcointalk Users Who Have Received Refunds:  98(that I am aware of)

If you have obtained a refund with this information and wish to tip it is appreciated (but of course not required) and I thank you in advance. Addresses can be found in my signature or you can shoot me a PM.

Please Note: This is a self-moderated thread.  I will remove any posts I feel are off topic or uncalled for as requested by the mod.  
Pages:
Jump to: