Pages:
Author

Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase? - page 9. (Read 33998 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
September 24, 2013, 01:21:02 AM
Doesn't seem like we're receiving many refunds over the past couple days.  I'm gonna give it a couple more days then may initiate a new plan, but this will not be done before we can confirm PP has stopped responding.

Again, I need a good writer.  If you've got skillz hit me up.

Yeah I got a hold of someone at paypal like 5min ago...disputes..they said because it was not a cc order and over 45 days only option was to contact my bank and see if I can get the bank xfer reversed that way....he said that there are a "crapload" of people trying to get $$$ back from BFL non credit card ie 'bank xfer" looks like paypal is gonna pass the buck to your bank......(not much luck there i'd imagine) ...so ....I also told him about the executive email option that we sent the email too as stated in the bfl refund thread....he said good luck they seem to be swamped with people trying to get around 45 days...so it looks like either my bank will come thru (unlikely they will probably punt me back to paypal imho...at which paypal says it is a dead end) or the email we sent to the addresses given are high enough up on the paypal chain of command they continue to do something about this.....just because it ticks off the higher  ups at paypal...so hopefully paypal comes thru and does the right thing ...but I can hear josh on the phone saying to paypal it is "unnecessary" 2 more weeks..

nice to know they got all this nice pre-order cash....so they could build their nice shiny monarch for there newly created "mining farm" (ie see main page on orders)...if I was paypal i'd feel played as well but we will see..

anyway....email route here looks likely to be the last hope....anyone you phone via voice at paypal don't seem to have the clout....but they did confirm that a lot of p/o'd people saying they have gotten played by BFL ....we just need the higher ups a paypal to also be p'o'd and slap BFL down as an example....

anyway not sure what the above means except no one contacted directly via voice at paypal seemed to have a clue on how to fix this ..ie not enough clout....so we will see.....

not looking too good imho thou

Searing.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
September 23, 2013, 11:29:34 PM
Sounds like Phinnaeus has a relapse. Someone call 911
He's doing fine, I have him on eyeball drips full of truth.

He is dazed and confused at times, but he will snap out of it given enough drips of truth. (powerful stuff!)

I think Reagan should win a second term with no problem and Muhammad Ali will win by a KO before the 4th round come Friday. What do you guys think of that new song by Men Without Hats? Pretty groovy, eh?

BRB, cause dad wants me to do something for him.
BKM
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
September 23, 2013, 11:11:11 PM
Ok - here is the new twist...... it is entirely possible that PayPal has run out of BFL funds to chargeback as they answered my request by saying I should call my credit card company.....

I attempted to do this two - three weeks ago and was denied a chargeback from Amex as the period was past their 90 day cut off...... One last hail mary was in order and - Holy. Fucking. Shit. they disputed the charges and have suspended 12 singles worth of March orders back to my account pending a fraud investigation.

Also, I confirmed explicitly with Amex that if BFL sent product as a response to the charge back that I would refuse the shipment and Amex agreed that in such a situation the chargeback would proceed - we are talking just shy of $17,000 spread over 4 orders

Thank you AMEX - I love you. Really, I do.

And thank you PayPal for telling me to call my credit card company again.

Onward and upward....

And, yes Josh. This monkey is dancing.

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2013, 09:46:43 PM
He's doing fine, I have him on eyeball drips full of truth.

He is dazed and confused at times, but he will snap out of it given enough drips of truth. (powerful stuff!)
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 09:42:39 PM
Doesn't seem like we're receiving many refunds over the past couple days.  I'm gonna give it a couple more days then may initiate a new plan, but this will not be done before we can confirm PP has stopped responding.

Again, I need a good writer.  If you've got skillz hit me up.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
September 23, 2013, 09:28:48 PM
Thank you for your PM, obviously this is no help for me and others who payed by bank TX/ BTC .

What we really need here now is someone with a legal perspective on consumer rights within the US to provide advice and a way forward for those remaining.

There has to be someone in this forum with such a contact.  Even if they acted on a 10 % commission fee they could do well.  Shocked

@Josh  The game is almost up my friend  Wink RIP Butterfly Labs

I'd put some BTC into a common legal action
There does not seem to be much appetite for this at the moment, Am hoping this will change when they miss the September deadline.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
September 23, 2013, 08:52:29 PM
Thank you for your PM, obviously this is no help for me and others who payed by bank TX/ BTC .

What we really need here now is someone with a legal perspective on consumer rights within the US to provide advice and a way forward for those remaining.

There has to be someone in this forum with such a contact.  Even if they acted on a 10 % commission fee they could do well.  Shocked

@Josh  The game is almost up my friend  Wink RIP Butterfly Labs

I'd put some BTC into a common legal action
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2013, 08:18:16 PM
After I got my Paypal refund I sent BFL email saying please don't send my orders to save themselves some shipping cost. Now both of the orders are On Hold instead of Processing. Send them email if you got refund to save yourself and them some headache in the future.

Still got 1 order paid with wire transfer, nothing can be done about that one. It's still Processing.

Thanks for the advise. So i send mail to BFL to update my order. Here the respond from BFL.
Code:

Hi Zich,

I have canceled your order. Thank you for following up and letting us know.

Best Wishes!

Abbey

BF Labs, Inc.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at

Activity: 84
Updated ironic image.
September 23, 2013, 06:53:22 PM
Apologies for repost, from another thread, but this is relevant here also:

Oh, looks like Josh and BFL are deciding to play hardball with Paypal refunds. Background, I ordered a Single on 27th November 2012. I got sick of checking the BFL forum for news (of which there was never any good). I was impressed with the professionalism of KNC with my Jupiter order, so elected to seek a refund via Paypal, which I received within 6 hours on the 15th September.

This morning I received a shipping notification from BFL, to which I replied with this email:

Hi,

this order has already been refunded via Paypal. Not altogether sure why you are shipping it anyway. Is it a freebie?

Cheers,
Donovan.

Just now, I received this rather threatening email

Hello Donovan,

No, this isn't a freebie. We submitted the shipping and tracking information to PayPal. You can ask PayPal to reverse the refund.

Kind regards,

Brandon

So, it is true. They are outwardly trying to prevent you from getting refunds via Paypal. PM me if you need more information.

P.S. Josh hates it if you use this picture as a profile image. I know this for a fact. It's copyrighted.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 23, 2013, 05:06:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
September 23, 2013, 12:48:05 PM
Refuse the package if you dont want it. If you do sign for it, you will still pay.

And yeah, its likely no coincidence, but when did you guys place your orders? Does it fit with Jody's shipping list or where these also sent out of order?

How can there be such a disconnect from what Jody states, since she's head of shipping, and orders being shipped outta queue after a PayPal refund was issued?

http://www.butterflylabs.com/management-view/jody-drake-7/

As General Manager, Ms. Drake leads the Customer Service team, the Shipping Department, Human Resources and general office purchasing. She is also Secretary/Treasurer of the Corporation.

Prior to joining Butterfly Labs, Ms. Drake has run her own graphics design business, managed a commercial photography studio and supervised field teams for the US Census Bureau . She has also helped manage a hospital ward at Brooke General Hospital in the US Army.

There is no way that one of nine other people in a 14' X 30' (approximated) room is able to have so many refunded out-of-queue pre-orders shipped without the others, let alone the lead personal, know about it unless they were approved, but by whom? Prior to the assumed influx of PayPal reversals, such an act would've been unfathomable, yet here we are and after a systems upgrade which would've made this event even more unlikely.

Jody's daily blog outlining what was shipped reflects just that, and not what's been sent to the shipping department to be shipped. That said, then why are refunded out-of-queue pre-orders not represented in said blog posts?

If there's no oversight in the office, how does BFL know that somebody in shipping isn't bringing in their own shipping labels and attaching them to boxes prior to the carrier's arriving? The USPS isn't going to check if each and every box has some official BFL shipping label attached. Their only concern is that the postage was properly paid, along with the shipping vitals being actuate. The only way BFL would become aware of such an act is if too many orders assumably shipped turn up not delivered, too many to blame on USPS error.
Activity: 336
September 23, 2013, 12:18:56 PM
I got a Paypal refund on the 16th September. BFL have just sent me a shipping email. Either the incompetence is astounding or there is some devious tactics afoot...

I received my full refund from paypal using this method... and a day later BFL sent me a shipping email. And then my first BFL Single arrived 3 days later.  Hmmm... that was unexpected...

What was your order date?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 23, 2013, 12:05:53 PM
Refuse the package if you dont want it. If you do sign for it, you will still pay.

And yeah, its likely no coincidence, but when did you guys place your orders? Does it fit with Jody's shipping list or where these also sent out of order?
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
September 23, 2013, 12:03:21 PM
I got a Paypal refund on the 16th September. BFL have just sent me a shipping email. Either the incompetence is astounding or there is some devious tactics afoot...

I received my full refund from paypal using this method... and a day later BFL sent me a shipping email. And then my first BFL Single arrived 3 days later.  Hmmm... that was unexpected...

Good to see this is still happening, even though Josh denies it constantly.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 23, 2013, 12:02:12 PM

Activity: 84
Updated ironic image.
September 23, 2013, 08:03:12 AM

Activity: 448
September 23, 2013, 05:15:15 AM
No reply or refund from paypal since Sept 19th....
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 22, 2013, 04:22:15 PM
No refund for 24+ hours ;(
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 22, 2013, 04:14:40 PM
Refund received within 24 hours of email.

Thank you!

Sending you a tip when I get home Smiley
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
September 22, 2013, 02:54:40 AM
You don't need to call them.  If lajz99's method still works, that one is still best.  I called them up as my step 2 and was promised an email or a callback regarding a decision within a week.  I got neither until I did lajz99's method two weeks™ later.
Pages:
Jump to: