Pages:
Author

Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase? - page 4. (Read 33998 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
Some advice required please.

I placed an order with BFL in late August 2013 as a result of their promise that they would be up to date and have all orders shipped out by "the end of September". Well, it's now almost the end of September and I've just checked my BFL account and it lists no change in my "processing order" status. I then also checked Jody's shipping blog of 27th September and the upgraded Jalapeno units I ordered are still back-logged to 28th February. That makes them a full seven months behind their 'promise' to deliver by the end of this month.

I was happy to take them on their word that they'd drafted in extra staff and resources and that they'd be able to meet their end of September deadline, however, this has now been shown to be completely unrealistic and yet another attempt to deceive customers and take advantage of their money and goodwill.

I used Paypal and I'll still be within 45 days for both the 5 GH/s unit cost and the additional 2 GH/s upgrade cost, what's the best way in your experience that I go about getting a Paypal refund please? Should I email [email protected] and [email protected] immediately or should I be doing something else as I'm within the 45 days?

Thanks for any information that you can provide and kudos for helping the community like this, I have to say I was pleased and relieved to see your thread.

Smiley

Since you're within the 45 days you should still be able to file a standard claim via the website to get your $ back.

Alright, I'm happy to report that I have received a refund from BFL via Paypal and the money has been credited into my bank account this morning. I'd like to thank everyone on this thread who has commented and shared their points of view on the whole process. Reading the thread was very helpful and rather than wait for the 'never never' and BFL to deliver at some unknown point in the future when mining difficulty has increased exponentially, I'm pleased to have taken the time to read this thread and to open a dispute resolution process with Paypal, who, it has to be said, were excellent and thoroughly professional in all my dealings with them.

A couple of remarks for those people who are still reading and still considering how to go about getting a refund. I cannot comment on what it's like to try to get a refund via Paypal after the 45 days from date of order, what I will say though is that there are plenty of examples on this and other threads where people have succeeded, so go for it, it is possible and it's your money. The dispute resolution process is basically you writing the circumstances of the transaction and non-delivery in 2000 words or less. After looking at some of the suggested templates and some of the observations on this thread, I decided that it would be far better me writing my own letter, rather than using any template. The reason for this is that by writing your own unique correspondence, it's obvious that you've taken the time to write your own portrayal of events, you're not forwarding a cut-and-paste response and you're letting Paypal know that the matter is serious and that you take the matter seriously. It's my gut feeling that many of the people being refused refunds by Paypal are those people you are just pumping off any old crappolla and not giving Paypal anything to work with. Tell the truth as you see it, be accurate with your dates, times, provide a link to Jody's shipping blog showing the delays. Be clear, articulate and tell it how it is. Remember you are in the right. Draft your response so that it's worthy of being actioned and if it doesn't get actioned the first time, be happy enough with what you've written so that you can forward it to more senior management in Paypal if necessary. Most people have been very reasonable, it's BFL that have been entirely unreasonable and broken almost every 'promised delivery timeframe' in the last year. Paypal are well aware of the situation, the refund comes from BFL, you'll get the email to prove it. Paypal will not be footing the bill, so your aim is to write clearly enough to provide enough ammunition that Paypal can insist that BFL offer you a refund. That's the task, that's what your letter to Paypal has to achieve. It's doable, so go do it, it will take less than one hour of your time. How many days, weeks, months have you waited?

Anyway, that's my two cents worth, hopefully it might help in some way.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone who has posted on this thread, if I didn't see this thread I wouldn't have contacted Paypal and I wouldn't have received my refund, so thanks guys, it feels bloody good to get my money back. You can add AUD$529.10 or USD$462.00 to the running total of refunds received.

And lajz99, thanks for spearheading this initiative, please accept this small donation: c13f6e627477dbc6a87866143a0289b81eaae9ec600de8fd2d7257148d38a2ef

Good luck everyone!

Cheesy
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
After multiple paypal calls, I personally do no think It will be possible to receive a refund from them. I have been and still am working with a manager to resolve this problem and receive a refund. I have mentioned that fact that they have been selling physical goods on a pre-order basis (for delivery later than 20 days) against Paypals terms of service and am asking for a refund. I also mentioned that I request a refund from BF Labs Inc I was refused saying "all orders are final" even though I have still not received delivery of my orders.

Any other help for my call with her tomorrow would be appreciated.

~Jpmi1
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I got some strange correspondence from PayPal today. 

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor."

"We were able to recover $100.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

"If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller."

"If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges."

An additional claim for the original $163 Jalapeno order also appeared in my PayPal account today.  Nothing has hit my credit card yet, and I'm a little worried that last line might mean there isn't any money to refund to me.  We'll see how it goes.

This happened after I originally sent to the e-mail addresses and PayPal opened a claim giving BFL 10 days to respond.  After 11 days, they were still waiting and I e-mailed them again, mentioning that no response was BFLs method of customer service, and that I'd hope PayPal would reconsider my other claim that had been rejected by the 45 day rule, as BFL beat be out of that money too.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Contact someone @ [email protected].

Ask them about how to report (what you suspect is fraud) at commerce bank.

1) Tell them you paid for an item 1 (or more) months ago and you have not received the item you paid for.

2) Tell them you paid with a wire transfer (for those who paid with a wire transfer only) and that BFL has not sent you the miner you paid for within a [very] reasonable period of time.

3) Add notes about your transaction ID, dates, amounts sent, purpose for contacting them about your wire transfer. Let them know you have already contacted BFL and they have refused offering a refund for their poor business practice.

4) Let them know about the PayPal merchant account situation and that it was one of the Payment Processors that shut them down for ....well I don't know the official reason...

5) Let them know of the sheer number of complaints at the Kansas AG (Attorney General), the Local Police Department and District Attorney has on file.

Report back and let the community know if they give you an email or phone number which is not listed.

thank you so much, I forgot about calling BFL bank..Contacted today! Will let you know soon
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
For some reason Paypal sent me another message today repeating the exact same thing as the last one.  That they couldn't help me because it had been more than 45 days.

Chad
Activity: 560
Was this from emailing the two addresses posted by OP?  Or did you get through to someone else to make this happen?

Yes write a e-mail to the 2 address posted in OP.

Try below e-mail template , some made it here & I used it to get refund within 12 hours of writing to paypal.

Hi,

I used PayPal to place a pre-order with Butterfly Labs on xx/xx/xx for $xxx.00.

This order has still not been filled. 

I politely requested a refund on xx/xx/xx and was declined on xx/xx/xx.

I filed Dispute xxxxxxxxxxx.  This dispute was closed for being outside the 45-day window.

The seller has violated your terms of service which clearly state that the seller "Guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase".

The seller is continuing to accept pre-orders for a product that they can not ship within any reasonable amount of time. In fact, they do not even pretend to be honoring your 20-day limit.

I have been a PayPal customer for past few years.  While I realize that this payment is beyond the 45-day limit, I believe PayPal should honor my request for a refund as the seller is still using PayPal to receive pre-order payments in a manner that clearly violates your terms of service. 

Many people may be harmed financially by this seller if PayPal doesn't step in.

Regards,
xxxxxxxx
Activity: 7
Was this from emailing the two addresses posted by OP?  Or did you get through to someone else to make this happen?
Activity: 15
I got some strange correspondence from PayPal today. 

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor."

"We were able to recover $100.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

"If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller."

"If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges."

An additional claim for the original $163 Jalapeno order also appeared in my PayPal account today.  Nothing has hit my credit card yet, and I'm a little worried that last line might mean there isn't any money to refund to me.  We'll see how it goes.
Activity: 672
Does anybody have a link to the page (or maybe a screenshot) where they showed the estimated ship date for orders placed around March.
Try this http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.butterflylabs.com
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
http://bflupdate.info/2013/05/clear-confirmation-message/#jp-carousel-270

Did you agree to something? I sure don't see anything to agree to, did you?

I am just gonna leave this here, so that people can use it to point out that many agreed to...probably nothing.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
I sent an email to Paypal on Sept 19th (too late I guess) and got the same canned response of being past 45 days.

I have over $5k pending with BFL and will never even get close to paying off the initial purchase price so I contacted my credit card company (Chase Ink Business card) and they said timeframe doesn't matter as long as I can document BFL's change in terms.  Does anybody have a link to the page (or maybe a screenshot) where they showed the estimated ship date for orders placed around March.  I think at that time the lead-out was guessing 2-3 months.  It's approaching 7 months now so if I can produce proof they failed to deliver and show they changed their refund policy my CC should follow through.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Activity: 29
I think it is good for me for this time.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Lajz99 , I managed to get refund following your previous thread which got locked , but wanted to thank you for saving a lot of folks from BFL (BLACK FUCKIN HOLE).

Tip Smiley  TX_id : d34660d4ad55fffb87b4eb658708f0de8f874ebc43253129d89999500d13886c

Ashitank: that means it's still working?
Activity: 756
Lajz99 , I managed to get refund following your previous thread which got locked , but wanted to thank you for saving a lot of folks from BFL (BLACK FUCKIN HOLE).

Tip Smiley  TX_id : d34660d4ad55fffb87b4eb658708f0de8f874ebc43253129d89999500d13886c

Thank you, glad to hear it worked out for you!
Activity: 560

Activity: 4
September 30, 2013, 06:50:30 PM
LULZ, I've canceled/refunded it while back, yet right now, I've gotten a mail about package on the way. So (because I am such a nice guy) I've written them that that order is no longer in place and I was actually optioned to pay it again, via bitpay (I still cancelled it though).
a) They don't have info from paypal
b) They are fishing and hoping that someone will reorder it with immediate shipment.
---
It is sad that all of this wouldn't have happened if they would deliver "on time".

What was your order date?
beginning of february
Activity: 756
September 30, 2013, 05:52:46 PM
LULZ, I've canceled/refunded it while back, yet right now, I've gotten a mail about package on the way. So (because I am such a nice guy) I've written them that that order is no longer in place and I was actually optioned to pay it again, via bitpay (I still cancelled it though).
b) They are fishing and hoping that someone will reorder it with immediate shipment.
---
It is sad that all of this wouldn't have happened if they would deliver "on time".

What was your order date?
Activity: 4
September 30, 2013, 05:47:59 PM
---
Pages:
Jump to: