Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 13. (Read 198674 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
November 21, 2012, 02:40:12 AM
He handled the situation poorly, and I think most of the reactions within the community were justified. However, let's wait until the dust settles, shall we? If he ends up fulfilling all of his obligations in the end, he certainly isn't a scammer.

The problem with obligations that are time sensitive is that once they're late they can never really be "fulfilled".

Well, technically the loss could be compensated, but it won't happen.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
November 21, 2012, 12:50:34 AM
It wasnt a problem when he started glbse and took peoples money....
Activity: 800
Merit: 250
November 20, 2012, 11:01:03 PM
I think thats his reaction to claims that he is a scammer.

He IS a scammer.
You can call him a SELECTIVE scammer if you want.
Still a scammer he is.

And i think he didnt get all the double payment back yet. So he cant pay all the remaining btc back yet. Probably he want to exclude the persons that hold double payments hostage from the asset infos so they can see that they should pay back. When they do he will pay back your money too.

once more, I got no email asking me to return my tiny double payment.

He handled the situation poorly, and I think most of the reactions within the community were justified. However, let's wait until the dust settles, shall we? If he ends up fulfilling all of his obligations in the end, he certainly isn't a scammer.

He got the scammer label for shutting down glbse without an approved motion by the owners of the site and reducing its value to 0 thus causing them a massive loss in both bitcoins and reputation. He has some work to do to resolve that situation satisfactorily and get the label removed.

Yeah, I agree with that. Shutting down the company with no shareholder vote was simply idiotic. To clarify, I mean that he isn't scamming the users of GLBSE if he gives them back all their bitcoins and asset info. It dances dangerously close because of the time that has passed, but I can think of no reason that he would do this for personal gain (other than avoiding legal trouble, which isn't only for personal gain because if Nefario gets sent to jail, GLBSE users would likely get zilch.)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
November 20, 2012, 07:33:58 PM
And they lost all the money they invested to buy shares of glbse...

Whenever I see "glbse" I read it as "goatse."  Kind of appropriate, I guess.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
November 20, 2012, 07:12:32 PM

The problem with obligations that are time sensitive is that once they're late they can never really be "fulfilled".
Wat
November 20, 2012, 06:56:09 PM

He IS a scammer.
Still a scammer he is.

And i think he didnt get all the double payment back yet. So he cant pay all the remaining btc back yet. Probably he want to exclude the persons that hold double payments hostage from the asset infos so they can see that they should pay back. When they do he will pay back your money too.

He got the scammer label for shutting down glbse without an approved motion by the owners of the site and reducing its value to 0 thus causing them a massive loss in both bitcoins and reputation. He has some work to do to resolve that situation satisfactorily and get the label removed.
Activity: 800
Merit: 250
November 20, 2012, 06:15:59 PM

He IS a scammer.
Still a scammer he is.

Activity: 728
November 20, 2012, 05:36:00 PM

He IS a scammer.
Still a scammer he is.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2012, 03:58:34 PM
But I have yet to get my coins so did they just skip some people or I guess I am not getting my coins back.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:07:18 PM
But I have yet to get my coins so did they just skip some people or I guess I am not getting my coins back.

I think thats his reaction to claims that he is a scammer. So to prevent such claims he starts now to give out asset infos.
And i think he didnt get all the double payment back yet. So he cant pay all the remaining btc back yet. Probably he want to exclude the persons that hold double payments hostage from the asset infos so they can see that they should pay back. When they do he will pay back your money too. Only my thoughts about this. At least something is moving and he is speaking again.

Thanks eskimobob if you had a good influence in this. Smiley
Activity: 868
November 20, 2012, 03:03:22 PM
http://blog.glbse.com/issuers-being-given-shareholder-lists

Starting with the biggest issuer first in descending order
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:45:10 PM
I had a chat with James and hes is releasing about 4 assets per day.
Sunshine!
And now, please send him the flowers too Smiley

Puremining got a list of its asset holders so are you serious about this? Would be great. Regarding the flowers... do you have the address? And the phonenumber you have isnt the one from whois of glbse.com? If so could you send the phonenumber to me via pm?

Thanks!

Given what's happened, shouldn't the other shareholders (theymos included) be held liable?

Why? They are cut out and cant do anything even if they want. And they lost all the money they invested to buy shares of glbse...

That is actually interesting, I'd guess the likelihood of a number being turned off at all times would increase if it belonged to someone a lot of angry people were constantly trying to contact.

I think so too.

legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
November 20, 2012, 09:14:18 AM
I had a chat with James and hes is releasing about 4 assets per day.
Sunshine!
And now, please send him the flowers too Smiley

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
November 20, 2012, 08:32:57 AM
gigavps received asset list  Shocked

To all Gigaminers:

Late yesterday I received an asset holder list from GLBSE. Per the email received, the list may grow some more so it may not be the final list.

This is good news as it means step one is near completion. I will be working with counsel later today and possibly into next week to finalize the next steps and to clarify what has to be done and why.

Best regards,
gigavps
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
November 20, 2012, 04:20:17 AM
I don't think he will ever give up the information he has held, it is likely he deleted the information so whoever Nefario thinks is after him won't have the information.

Sadly this is probably the most accurate description.

But why, why, why? Why did he close GLBSE, returned (most of the?) money, but didn't publish the asset info?

Cause he's an idiot.

PG you have got to be kiddin' me. The guy ran a Butt Wrangler style mortgage scam?!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 20, 2012, 12:30:14 AM
http://www.thewicklowway.com/Markets-wicklow/Whiterock-Cottage-l84.html

On closer inspection, these are loafers. In other words, I hand't read the op's explantion correctly, that it doesn't actually trade in real USD.

OP mentions he's looking for an anonymous exchange, well look no further.

http://whiterockcottage.com/open/index.php?q=article/anonymous-money-needs-anonymous-exchange

It's something we need, and all it takes is someone willing to give it a go.

I am doing the daily news beat for each day.

http://whiterockcottage.com/open/index.php?q=article/daily-news-friday-february-18-2011

If you want to announce something newsworthy, twit me. However, the news must be "family-friendly" and interesting. I have editorial oversight about what to include and exclude.

Also: Be sure to visit our website at http://weekly.co.nr

Domain ID:D161976944-LROR
Domain Name:GLBSE.ORG
Created On:07-Apr-2011 16:06:04 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Apr-2012 20:50:06 UTC
Expiration Date:07-Apr-2013 16:06:04 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:1API GmbH (R1724-LROR)
Registrant ID:KLI7272399-XTWR
Registrant Name:James McCarthy
Registrant Street1:White Rock Cottage
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Hacketstown
Registrant State/Province:Carlow
Registrant Postal Code:c01
Registrant Country:IE
Registrant Phone:+353.13870661095
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Putting 2 & 2 together, I've came up with this: Frances and Genjix may be wearing the same clothes.
Wat
November 19, 2012, 11:20:57 PM
"Quantum3 Financial Services Ltd is an appointed representative of Sesame Ltd."

lol
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 19, 2012, 10:28:06 PM
I've got his families home address. Should this be released?

Can I guess? Please! Please let me guess. I want to guess so badly. Thanks! Here's my guess (in bold--ask for Frances):

Registrant's address:
644 Antrim Road
Belfast
Co. Antrim
BT15 5GP
United Kingdom
Wow. This rabbit hole goes far deeper than I think any of us would've previously thought. Nefario not only operates GLBSE, but a scrap metal company, education and library board, bridal store, property development firm, and nail salon!

...  Tongue

The scrapper is dead, and his name was Francis (not Frances). Francis Gus Anderson. You forgot the Jam Store at White Rock Cottage.

I don't have any proof, but it's possible his name is not McCarthy. I also have a feeling that he didn't come to the states and was denied entry. Frodo (pass user here) once mentioned WhiteRockCottage. Search this forum for that term. Look at the dates and date the .com was registered.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
November 19, 2012, 09:40:31 PM
I've got his families home address. Should this be released?

Can I guess? Please! Please let me guess. I want to guess so badly. Thanks! Here's my guess (in bold--ask for Frances):

Registrant's address:
644 Antrim Road
Belfast
Co. Antrim
BT15 5GP
United Kingdom
Wow. This rabbit hole goes far deeper than I think any of us would've previously thought. Nefario not only operates GLBSE, but a scrap metal company, education and library board, bridal store, property development firm, and nail salon!

...  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: