Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 14. (Read 198674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 19, 2012, 09:31:52 PM
I've got his families home address. Should this be released?

Can I guess? Please! Please let me guess. I want to guess so badly. Thanks! Here's my guess (in bold--ask for Frances):

Domain name:
quantum3.co.uk

Registrant:
Quantum3 Financial Services

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: NI44519)

Registrant's address:
644 Antrim Road
Belfast
Co. Antrim
BT15 5GP
United Kingdom

Registrar:
LCN.com Ltd [Tag = LCN]
URL: http://www.lcn.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 05-Feb-2003
Expiry date: 05-Feb-2013
Last updated: 11-Apr-2011

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns0.lcn.biz
ns1.lcn.biz

This is interesting! The site is now down. It was up yesterday when I found it. Here's the cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZXO9sNxthVAJ:www.quantum3.co.uk/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

EDIT: Google is fucking with me. It's up now: http://www.quantum3.co.uk/
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
November 19, 2012, 08:59:39 PM

Yes please, we want to send him some flowers.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
November 19, 2012, 08:56:44 PM
Should be released to people with legit intents.

I cut 1 BTC for a filmed visit.

How many people here live in close range ?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 19, 2012, 08:45:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
November 19, 2012, 08:05:29 PM
I don't think he will ever give up the information he has held, it is likely he deleted the information so whoever Nefario thinks is after him won't have the information.

Sadly this is probably the most accurate description.

But why, why, why? Why did he close GLBSE, returned (most of the?) money, but didn't publish the asset info?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
November 19, 2012, 07:19:05 PM
That should provide sufficient drama supplies to last us at the very least through the winter.

I hope so. I am still here just for the drama and the lulz (since I lost all the coins). About the second I am figuring what will happen when the ownership of some .csv file or screencap will start to be contested.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
November 19, 2012, 03:48:30 PM
I agree with this.  I think Nefario is overly paranoid and mentally unstable.  We have seen his maturity when someone questions his ability and how he reacts to competition.  I don't think he will ever give up the information he has held, it is likely he deleted the information so whoever Nefario thinks is after him won't have the information.

Sadly this is probably the most accurate description.

Getting the popcorn ready for the spectacular failure of attempts to distribute shares by "claims" which can't in any way be proven. That should provide sufficient drama supplies to last us at the very least through the winter.
Activity: 532
November 19, 2012, 03:27:57 PM
Unit-holders need to start pestering their issuers to take claims.

As time increases, chance of recovering funds decreases, both with Nefario and issuers. It's been so long, it's insane to count on Nefario releasing anything at this point. Unit-holders really need to press getting a comprehensive claims process up if you have an issuer without one, especially if they haven't been talking throughout this. Don't let your Issuer just keep withholding dividends and saying he still wants to wait for Nefario -- the time for that ended last month.

Stochastic made a .csv from the Twitter logs GLBSE posted. If users have their own account history in .csv they turn over to Issuers, it's pretty solid evidence of a valid claim. Stochastic's .csv can be found @ https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8f1j19jbsa84ans/_historyGLBSEraw.csv?dl=1 -- It doesn't say who owns what, but it appears Nefario's the only one who could've told us that. Issuers need to still salvage the situation, even though it won't be perfect.

I agree with this.  I think Nefario is overly paranoid and mentally unstable.  We have seen his maturity when someone questions his ability and how he reacts to competition.  I don't think he will ever give up the information he has held, it is likely he deleted the information so whoever Nefario thinks is after him won't have the information.  That was the original intention I had in publishing all the data I collected from GLBSE in regards to purchase history and dividend history.  If the data is already publicly available then Nefario would not have any incentive to delete his own.

Also I think if the asset issuers work together on the claims process it would then allow more data to be compared and maybe reduce the processing of fraudulent claims.  There is no way to remove 100% of fraudulent claims, in fact who can say that even if Nefario returned the asset information that he would not modify it so that he would receive shares.  The point is to find the best way to allow the unit holders to get access to their property.

See my post on my claims process idea:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/possible-claims-process-for-glbse-assets-126673
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
November 19, 2012, 01:14:08 PM
Is GLBSE still secure? Has anyone checked?

Someone said something to me in passing and it made me wonder. Maybe Nefario is worried about the legality of releasing data given he's probably been reported to multiple authorities by now. Maybe we will see a leak within a few weeks? Include a BTC address in the leaked information and I'm sure some would show their gratitude.

He could hire his friend at intersango to protect the data.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
November 19, 2012, 12:49:59 PM
Is GLBSE still secure? Has anyone checked?

Someone said something to me in passing and it made me wonder. Maybe Nefario is worried about the legality of releasing data given he's probably been reported to multiple authorities by now. Maybe we will see a leak within a few weeks? Include a BTC address in the leaked information and I'm sure some would show their gratitude.
November 19, 2012, 10:52:51 AM
mpope pls

Nice mermaid. That's a better unicorn than anyone posted in the contest.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
November 19, 2012, 10:02:25 AM
Unit-holders need to start pestering their issuers to take claims.

As time increases, chance of recovering funds decreases, both with Nefario and issuers. It's been so long, it's insane to count on Nefario releasing anything at this point. Unit-holders really need to press getting a comprehensive claims process up if you have an issuer without one, especially if they haven't been talking throughout this. Don't let your Issuer just keep withholding dividends and saying he still wants to wait for Nefario -- the time for that ended last month.

Stochastic made a .csv from the Twitter logs GLBSE posted. If users have their own account history in .csv they turn over to Issuers, it's pretty solid evidence of a valid claim. Stochastic's .csv can be found @ https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8f1j19jbsa84ans/_historyGLBSEraw.csv?dl=1 -- It doesn't say who owns what, but it appears Nefario's the only one who could've told us that. Issuers need to still salvage the situation, even though it won't be perfect.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
November 19, 2012, 07:47:29 AM
So I received two wilted carnations (sorta yellow-ish I guess) with a note saying "Nefario pls to releaze sraheolder informlacio."

Should I return them to anyone?

mpope pls

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
November 19, 2012, 07:41:42 AM
If you guys still need James phone number, that actually works, please PM me.
I am not going to plaster it here Smiley
November 19, 2012, 07:20:07 AM
So I received two wilted carnations (sorta yellow-ish I guess) with a note saying "Nefario pls to releaze sraheolder informlacio."

Should I return them to anyone?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
November 19, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
Guys and possible gals. Nefario is not going to do jack shit. Since the other owners of glbse dont care anymore to be considered responsible why should nefario? He is done with this. He washed his hands of it too.

Yes. Although I think Nefario will pay for what he has done to this community one way or the other, it's clear that the records won't be revealed. At least if we can't find a way to confront him before it's too late.

Owners are also a big disappointment. How can the be no backups? I can't even...
Activity: 728
November 19, 2012, 03:03:23 AM
So I posted about my intention to go and find him for a chat.
I think that right after that some posts have been deleted from this thread, as the page count went back from 83 to 82.
Huh, what a coincidence.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
November 18, 2012, 11:24:51 PM
What if we started a "release the shareholder data" bounty?

A fund to be paid to Nefario upon delivery of the shareholder data.

We know he responds to money.  Wasn't a big point of contention surrounding this whole mess whether or not he got paid some salary for operating glbse?

I don't like the idea too well myself, but it might work.

Guys and possible gals. Nefario is not going to do jack shit. Since the other owners of glbse dont care anymore to be considered responsible why should nefario? He is done with this. He washed his hands of it too.

The next step is to find the people who issued those shares and claw back anything you can before they run off with everything.
Without the database...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2012, 11:02:06 PM
What if we started a "release the shareholder data" bounty?

A fund to be paid to Nefario upon delivery of the shareholder data.

We know he responds to money.  Wasn't a big point of contention surrounding this whole mess whether or not he got paid some salary for operating glbse?

I don't like the idea too well myself, but it might work.
Activity: 686
Wat
November 18, 2012, 06:28:57 PM
"the one who successfully prepared sophisticated concept, mechanism and protocol of Bitcoin" -Pirateat40, who is a born scammer, made many scams before,
still, welcomed with RED carpet & given half million coins as GIFT.

There was nothing sophisticated about pirate's scam.

Heh. More like the users who invested with him were dumb as bricks and the scam, to them, was highly sophisticated.
That goes for a lot of the crap around this forum. Many people here are really really naive.

And a decent number of them call you names or insult you for pointing out why they should be cautious.
I still find it deeply entertaining to read the "OMG FUD" posts from all those PPT threads.

On the topic at hand though, I thought James was fairly well known and easy to locate? How can it be that nobody is in regular contact with the guy?
Given what's happened, shouldn't the other shareholders (theymos included) be held liable?

Yes but its a massive clusterfuck and where do you begin to work out the extent of damage ? Im sure none of us can afford an international lawsuit against Nefario for one thing, and he should be sued by the shareholders if they get sued by customers.

Pages:
Jump to: