Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 28. (Read 198674 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:47:01 PM
malevolent... no he didnt get all double payment back. But most it seems.

GLBSE is responsible for the outstanding claims, not Nefario. GLBSE is a general partnership without limited liability. So all partners have equal responsibility for the outstanding debt. That may not be fair, but it is the consequence of going into business with others in a general partnership.

For example, suppose I go into business with my brother and we don't create a company with limited liability. You buy a service from us and after you have paid, we just disappear and don't communicate with you anymore. Would it now matter to you who is holding your money hostage? No, you could claim it from me or from my brother.

When its a general partnership without limited liability then youre right, the shareholders are liable. Thats by the way a beloved strategy of scammers. Selling shares for a company by claiming how much the shareholders will gain in dividends but in fact the shareholders are liable when taking part. Later the company is crashing and the shareholders are the one that are responsible to pay back to the customers of the company. Only one person wins.
Its sad when glbse-shareholders really are in such a business relation but they should have inform themselfes before taking part. So yes, they are part of glbse and liable that the customers get their money and asset infos.
Your example with the brother is correct when he is part of the business withou limited liability.

Nefario... COMMUNICATE! Nothing good comes out of being silence. It can only become worse.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
October 28, 2012, 01:43:47 PM
So if you get brother A, but brother B is gone with the money, what do you do?

Brother A has to work or take out a loan to return the money. In addition he can sue brother B, but that is none of your concern.

Problem is that brother B is the only one with your receipt. Without his cooperation you can't prove nada.

Then you're fucked, but I would expect brother A to actively help you in any way possible to get your money from brother B.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 28, 2012, 01:41:24 PM

Brother A has to work or take out a loan to return the money. In addition he can sue brother B, but that is none of your concern.

Problem is that brother B is the only one with your receipt. Without his cooperation you can't prove nada.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 28, 2012, 01:39:51 PM
Wait what? There are people who haven't being paid?

I got my coins...
Sub-accounts for Issuers haven't been paid. When someone creates a security on GLBSE, an account specifically for that security is created. So, Giga would have his normal gigavps account, but also a sub-account called GIGAMINING which has its own wallet, which is probably where he'd keep the bulk of his coins on GLBSE so he can quickly pay dividends.
In cryptography we trust
October 28, 2012, 01:37:53 PM

legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 28, 2012, 01:36:29 PM
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
October 28, 2012, 01:34:11 PM
What's going on with him? Did he get back the money he sent to people twice?
In cryptography we trust
October 28, 2012, 01:31:39 PM
So Nefario is now officially the only one held responsible and all other GLBSE partners are now officially of the hook?

Whats the responsibility of the other partners? I mean the one that wanted to close down glbse should know what this mean to the users, their money and so on. But the ones that didnt want to close glbse doesnt have anything wrong i think.

On the other hand... what should the other shareholders do? Nefario it seems took all the strings to himself. And no other shareholder can intervene now. I mean when they cant do anything why should they be guilty for what nefario is doing? That would sound unfair to me.

As far as i read glbse isnt a company where shareholders have to take the risk of the company but instead only get earnings from that. There are different kinds of companies. Ones where the shareholders gets earnings but still have the risk to pay when the company makes errors and companies where the shareholders are only getting earnings and cant make responsible for companies errors. But with glbse its even worse because it seems to be a non-official company in some kind. Its hard to say how it looks legally i think.

Its a shame when nefario really stopped communicating with customers, issuers and even shareholders.

GLBSE is responsible for the outstanding claims, not Nefario. GLBSE is a general partnership without limited liability. So all partners have equal responsibility for the outstanding debt. That may not be fair, but it is the consequence of going into business with others in a general partnership.

For example, suppose I go into business with my brother and we don't create a company with limited liability. You buy a service from us and after you have paid, we just disappear and don't communicate with you anymore. Would it now matter to you who is holding your money hostage? No, you could claim it from me or from my brother.

Reading the IRC log I think it is fair to lay this squarely at Nefario's feet, he was full of anarchist bluster till agent smith knocked, then folded up in a most embarrassing, and all too familiar, manner.

It may not be fair, but it is the consequence of going into business with others in a general partnership. If the partners think it is not fair, they can arrange a fairer split between themselves, but that is not their customers concern. In a partnership, if you win you get profit, but if you loose you don't get bailed out or can point to someone else.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
October 28, 2012, 01:30:00 PM
So Nefario is now officially the only one held responsible and all other GLBSE partners are now officially of the hook?

Reading the IRC log I think it is fair to lay this squarely at Nefario's feet, he was full of anarchist bluster till agent smith knocked, then folded up in a most embarrassing, and all too familiar, manner.
legendary
October 28, 2012, 01:13:36 PM

Whats the responsibility of the other partners? I mean the one that wanted to close down glbse should know what this mean to the users, their money and so on. But the ones that didnt want to close glbse doesnt have anything wrong i think.

On the other hand... what should the other shareholders do? Nefario it seems took all the strings to himself. And no other shareholder can intervene now. I mean when they cant do anything why should they be guilty for what nefario is doing? That would sound unfair to me.

As far as i read glbse isnt a company where shareholders have to take the risk of the company but instead only get earnings from that. There are different kinds of companies. Ones where the shareholders gets earnings but still have the risk to pay when the company makes errors and companies where the shareholders are only getting earnings and cant make responsible for companies errors. But with glbse its even worse because it seems to be a non-official company in some kind. Its hard to say how it looks legally i think.

Its a shame when nefario really stopped communicating with customers, issuers and even shareholders.
In cryptography we trust
October 28, 2012, 01:00:00 PM
legendary
October 28, 2012, 12:09:11 PM
because he wants to keep his money together and dont want to lose money. But thats only a guess of course.

I don't get why keeping hostage users' assets is related to "his" money. Supposing that he's going to ask for a ransom?

Because when he now releases all the remaining usermoney he has access to and the asset info he has no pressure object anymore to get the double payment back. Because it was his error he would have to pay form his money. But he dont want this. So he stops everything to take hostage what he has to get this money back so that he dont have to pay it from his own money later.

Of course thats somewhat dangerous because he holds things that arent his. He should realize that the bigger threat to him isnt losing money but the government involved. On the other hand... the person that involves government will make it more difficult for all parties.
legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 28, 2012, 12:02:45 PM
because he wants to keep his money together and dont want to lose money. But thats only a guess of course.

I don't get why keeping hostage users' assets is related to "his" money. Supposing that he's going to ask for a ransom?
legendary
October 28, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
So no, it doesnt make much sense to me to be pleased running with that amount of money. If he would be some schoolkid, running his first ponzi ok, but not a familyman with responsibility for wife and kids.

The guy is notorious for acting without any thinking.

It seems so. But i think that part of the reason he act like he do is that he has a family and needs to keep harm from them. So thats probably because he wants to keep his money together and dont want to lose money. But thats only a guess of course.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 28, 2012, 10:30:52 AM
So no, it doesnt make much sense to me to be pleased running with that amount of money. If he would be some schoolkid, running his first ponzi ok, but not a familyman with responsibility for wife and kids.

The guy is notorious for acting without any thinking.
legendary
October 28, 2012, 09:42:48 AM
By the way... namworld took some work and made a list of all the claimed payments here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1270908

I made a simple csv out of the data and calculated sum in excel and found that these claims are worth payments of around 1413.673 BTC. When the amount of user money at glbse really was 8000BTC then only these documented payments are 17.67%.

Only as info. I guess there are more payments paid than mentioned in the list because not all wrote their gained payment in the thread there.
legendary
October 28, 2012, 09:00:14 AM
Sebastian- with all due respect, you are wrong. James has made token payments of less than 10% of the cash value that is owed out there, and has now conceived this convenient "double payment" storyline to cover for why he is not taking further action. He is just trying to find the balls to make off with the rest and deciding if it is enough to live a life on the run. The only name that matters is James McCarthy. Who he may have sent payments to or not is irrelevant and not an excuse for holding anyone's money. Just as it is equally wrong for the other GLBSE/BitcoinGlobal owners to hold the money that they have and not make refunds with it.

Where is this 10% from? I heard several times that someone got payments over 100 or 200btc back. I believe deadterra was one of them. Of course it would be wise to pay one or two trustworthy members a bigger amount so that the community can be convinced that he is paying back. But at the end... he only had 8000BTC in  users money. Thats $80000. And when he paid back 10% of it already its only $70000. So would you really run with this amount of money? When you have a family you have to feed? I mean thats nothing when you want to start a new live somewhere far out. You buy a small house and have to work because the rest of the money would be gone in some months feeding the family. On top you wouldnt be anonymous there. I mean how could you ship a family to another country without leaving trails? So no, i doubt that he will scam the people for this amount of money. I mean he got a yearly salary of $40000 as glbse ceo. Plus on top the earning coming from his shares as shareholder of glbse. So no, it doesnt make much sense to me to be pleased running with that amount of money. If he would be some schoolkid, running his first ponzi ok, but not a familyman with responsibility for wife and kids.

Anyway... his lack of communication... and only coming buy to insert an excuse why not paying back further looks the same way like ponzis closing look. Thats right. And i would love when someone would go talk with him. Regardless if on phone or personally.

I think James should stop using any remaining unreturned funds as an excuse for not putting asset-issuers and their users in contact with one another.  until he does that, he has no credibility whatsoever.  He's hardly in a position to take the moral high ground over unreturned funds when he's the one who is holding information which has nothing to do with his overpayment fuck-up hostage.

Youre right. Unfortunately i think that he thinks if he gives back the assets he has nothing in the hand anymore to supress the double payments back. So he fears that he will have to pay it himself what he wont do. Because of that my conclusion is that the majority of double payment has to get back before he will move forward. Sad but true for me.

And if 3/4 of the overpayments have been returned then GLBSE should now have sufficient funds to make the remaining payments - they can do it out of the already returned overpayments and their own reserves.  James is the one trying to pressure people, not the reverse..  He is the one who loses if those funds aren't returned because there'll be no funds left to pay his salary/lawyer/weed bill/whatever.  He's acting out of pure self-interest here.

Yes. Its lowlife to keep all hostage. And he is doing it out of fear that he will get financially hurt in any way. Because that would be a problem for him and his family. And thats the reason why i dont think that he will scam at the end. His family is on the line. And if he cares about it he wont make moves risking there anything. So he now thinks the best way to get out mostly unharmed is the way he is doing it now.

Naming and shaming people who haven't returned over-payments doesn't prove that they are holding the money of other users.  Nefario could only prove that by giving a complete financial accounting of BTC on hand and amounts still owed to users and I doubt there's anyone here who would trust any numbers he published because there's absolutely no way to verify them - he's not even letting the other shareholders verify what he's doing and could be paying his friends triple what they're owed for all you know.

*lol* Dont say me that you got a doublepayment and dont want to return it. Smiley Its useless to search justifications for not paying back double payments. And i hope nefario moves fast. If he let it lay like it is now this would show he has no interest of clearing the double payment issue and is using it as an excuse.

All Nefario's SuperSekrit Stalled Until Further Notice repayment plan is likely to do is piss people off enough that they'll rain down upon him the very kind of legal problems he hoped to avoid by closing down GLBSE in the first place.

Im sure he knows that. And i think he thinks too short here not to act more like a honest businessman. He thinks paying too much is his worse problem... he should realize that he could get sued fast. And that this is his biggest problem.
legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 28, 2012, 06:39:23 AM
Seems to me the feds came knocking at his door, and arrested him for money laundering, and supporting terrorism. Id bail too. He didn't specifically state it, but he made a reference to it about the other exchange having the feds knock on the door and arrest them for money laundering, and supporting terrorism.

The feds... in UK? If he were under "supervision" I don't see why "they" allowed him to send out partial repayments to supposed a-narco-terrorists and tax evaders -unless the mess he made of it was part of "their" evil plan (to achieve what? Panic? Lulz? FUD?).
You have to elaborate your conspiracy theory.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 28, 2012, 05:20:07 AM
Because he already did?

And nefario isnt like pirate. He already paid a good bunch of money back. I never heard that pirate did this or any other scammer. It would hurt their scammearnings. So nefario isnt a scammer of this kind. He only handles this all not very well. If he really would be a scammer the only earning he could have get would be the user money lying on glbse. But he paid back already a good part. The assets are of no worth to him. So no earning from there too.

I think nefario should name the guys that hold the money not theirs but are from other users. Keeping other glbse-users money isnt showing the best character. And they should at least now know that keeping it will in no way put pressure on nefario. Its not his money so...

Sebastian- with all due respect, you are wrong. James has made token payments of less than 10% of the cash value that is owed out there, and has now conceived this convenient "double payment" storyline to cover for why he is not taking further action. He is just trying to find the balls to make off with the rest and deciding if it is enough to live a life on the run. The only name that matters is James McCarthy. Who he may have sent payments to or not is irrelevant and not an excuse for holding anyone's money. Just as it is equally wrong for the other GLBSE/BitcoinGlobal owners to hold the money that they have and not make refunds with it.

Can this 10% of cash value be documented? Best we can tell he's paid a few hundred accounts but the vast majority of these held fractions of one BTC (which were also rounded) and so it'd actually be (significantly) less than 10% by cash value.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
October 28, 2012, 04:28:53 AM
I've decided to release the October 5th shareholder meeting minutes. I've removed IP addresses and the names of the shareholders that haven't been outed yet. Except for da2ce7, because he supported Nefario right from the beginning. With those exceptions, nothing else was changed.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DRt78Vne

Seems to me the feds came knocking at his door, and arrested him for money laundering, and supporting terrorism. Id bail too. He didn't specifically state it, but he made a reference to it about the other exchange having the feds knock on the door and arrest them for money laundering, and supporting terrorism.

Why would you say something so out of place, if it wasn't relevant?
Pages:
Jump to: