Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 27. (Read 198674 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
October 30, 2012, 10:35:43 AM
I think he cant simply take it away because there still should be persons that will claim their infos/BTC. Maybe he is installing a new script but learned from the past (double payment) to make proper testing before running something live. I have the slight hope that he implements something to get the asset info.

Edit: Communication! http://blog.glbse.com/shutdown-update

yeah right.  Angry
Honestly, he's acting like a cunt. I can't believe there are still people buying into his load of bollocks.
But I read that once he was an esteemed member of the community.
The best conjecture I can make is that he sincerely believes his own bullshit and he is detaching more and more from reality as time goes.

Reminds me of a once-close-friend-of-mine who got himself into trouble with debt - by means of a lifestyle he could not really afford. He asked me for a loan, and I gave it to him. Then he would delay the repayments, coming up with different excuses every time. The last straw was when he said the bank wouldn't wire the money back to my account.
I got the money back with a few months delay but I lost that friend after that. Well, I had already lost him anyway.

My point is that over time, you can get your conscience to sleep and can find reasons to morally justify anything, especially if you're weak.
He will convince himself that stealing money was legit, because he's not really stealing, just taking the money he is owed.
Generally drugs and isolation can ease the process.
I think you can't afford to be patient with a person going down the bollocks route. He'll bring you down with him. You better find a way to get back what is owed to you and then stay away from him.

In psychology that is called rationalization or self-justification. A defense system of the human mind. I agree, that weak personalities are more susceptible. It is common that even in extreme cases like murder, the murderer will justify his deed to himself in some (mostly irrational) way.

This is one of the things that makes Bitcoin interesting on so many levels: politically, economically, technically and psychologically. You see everything happening in the real world happens in the Bitcoin community on a smaller scale and much faster rate.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
October 30, 2012, 10:32:54 AM
There are obviously a lot of suckers on this board and after they've been had they resort to "magical thinking" that some way, some how the person who scammed they may just be mistaken and they will actually get their money back (with out going through collection or other legal means).  An the scammers know that because they just keep stringing them along.

This phenomena can be seen in every scam then on this board.

Bitcoinia

Pirate

GLBSE

others....
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 30, 2012, 10:22:41 AM
I think he cant simply take it away because there still should be persons that will claim their infos/BTC. Maybe he is installing a new script but learned from the past (double payment) to make proper testing before running something live. I have the slight hope that he implements something to get the asset info.

yeah right.  Angry
Honestly, he's acting like a cunt. I can't believe there are still people buying into his load of bollocks.
But I read that once he was an esteemed member of the community.
The best conjecture I can make is that he sincerely believes his own bullshit and he is detaching more and more from reality as time goes.

Reminds me of a once-close-friend-of-mine who got himself into trouble with debt - by means of a lifestyle he could not really afford. He asked me for a loan, and I gave it to him. Then he would delay the repayments, coming up with different excuses every time. The last straw was when he said the bank wouldn't wire the money back to my account.
I got the money back with a few months delay but I lost that friend after that. Well, I had already lost him anyway.

My point is that over time, you can get your conscience to sleep and can find reasons to morally justify anything, especially if you're weak.
He will convince himself that stealing money was legit, because he's not really stealing, just taking the money he is owed.
Generally drugs and isolation can ease the process.
I think you can't afford to be patient with a person going down the bollocks route. He'll bring you down with him. You better find a way to get back what is owed to you and then stay away from him.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
October 30, 2012, 09:33:13 AM
Nefario forgot to pay the cloudfare?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:01:29 AM
The website has been removed.

He's gone.

donator
October 30, 2012, 02:49:05 AM
The website has been removed.

He's gone.
donator
October 29, 2012, 10:57:56 PM
He responded to me, but said I had to wait.  He didn't say no... just said I had to wait like everyone else.  I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.  Hopefully he will release that information soon.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 29, 2012, 06:09:19 PM
It's coming up to 4 weeks since GLBSE first went offline.  James needs to stop playing power games and sort this shit out.
legendary
Activity: 1666
October 29, 2012, 06:00:05 PM
No BTC no information. I had only one account on GLBSE.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 29, 2012, 05:19:09 PM
Next time I'll go up and ask him wtf is he going to do.

I suggest a different approach if you see him again: just point him and scream like in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". If an high enough number of us will do it, it may be enough to persuade him to clear his mess now.

Any other ostracism suggestion?

Is this how you date also?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 29, 2012, 01:09:58 PM

I suggest a different approach if you see him again: just point him and scream like in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". If an high enough number of us will do it, it may be enough to persuade him to clear his mess now.

Any other ostracism suggestion?
legendary
October 29, 2012, 11:49:16 AM
no payments, no information. nothing.

Nefario: if you're depressed, just run 3 kilometers and back to work. Give our bitcoin and asset information back.

+1

By the way I saw him in the street the other day. What are the odds? close to Leicester Square/Piccadilly. Shorter hair than in the conference.

Please do. But please be polite while asking to raise your chance of getting an answer.
donator
Activity: 980
October 29, 2012, 11:44:21 AM
By the way I saw him in the street the other day. What are the odds? close to Leicester Square/Piccadilly. Shorter hair than in the conference.

donator
October 29, 2012, 11:30:29 AM
no payments, no information. nothing.

Nefario: if you're depressed, just run 3 kilometers and back to work. Give our bitcoin and asset information back.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
October 28, 2012, 08:35:53 PM
and we don't create a company with limited liability.

This was discussed on another thread.

I had asked basically if investors were liable for debts with an unincorporated entity.

There would probably need to be a partnership agreement formalizing the partnership, rights, duties, responsibilities, etc.

Now with GLBSE whether such an agreement exists or not, who knows.  The partners may not necessarily even know each other's identities.
legendary
October 28, 2012, 07:26:52 PM
I have been wondering one thing in this whole mess: was it really so, that only Nefario had/has access to all this data, databases, wallets and so on? What if something would have happened to him while GLBSE was still operational? That sounds very unprofessional and I wonder why other shareholders let it go like that.

There was a precaution about this. Something like that 4 other shareholders together could get the database keys or so. But i dont think that will work now anymore because nefario most probably will have taken out this possibility.

But if its possible and nefario doesnt even speak with his glbse-shareholders anymore then i think there should be a motion to try and use this thing to get access to the database and copy it. Just in case nefario wont give out the database out of some reason.

Could some shareholders please say something about this? Does nefario still speak with you guys or did you lose trust in him in the meanwhile.

In my opinion the asset info is the most valuable thing at glbse for most users so the database would be top priority i think. Plus the amounts of BTC hold at glbse would be in database too. Though the access to the wallet is the next question.

So can shareholders say a word if anything moves here?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
October 28, 2012, 06:27:36 PM
I have been wondering one thing in this whole mess: was it really so, that only Nefario had/has access to all this data, databases, wallets and so on? What if something would have happened to him while GLBSE was still operational? That sounds very unprofessional and I wonder why other shareholders let it go like that.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
a big question mark
October 28, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
People aren't going to try to sue nefario.  What they're far more likely to do if he continues to piss them off with his "fuck you" attitude is draw his activities to the attention of the very authorities he was hoping to avoid getting scrutiny from. 

Good Luck to anyone that tries to push that through. It will be a difficult path for anyone that tries to grab the authorities attention for someone who has zero-to-negative assets to forfeit.

I think it will be difficult to get the authorities attention for a pirate figure; the bulk of his assets are in internet money.

The SEC already is after pirate. Its not that they dont care. They are searching more infos, victims and so on to create a strong case. You can provide info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120119.new;topicseen#new

And regarding nefario... you can be sure that at some point someone is going to government. And this would make it worse for all of us but mostly for nefario. So when he keeps hiding at his position his fear to have to pay his errors out of his own pocket wouldnt be the smallest problem for him.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1302895
legendary
October 28, 2012, 02:29:52 PM
People aren't going to try to sue nefario.  What they're far more likely to do if he continues to piss them off with his "fuck you" attitude is draw his activities to the attention of the very authorities he was hoping to avoid getting scrutiny from. 

Good Luck to anyone that tries to push that through. It will be a difficult path for anyone that tries to grab the authorities attention for someone who has zero-to-negative assets to forfeit.

I think it will be difficult to get the authorities attention for a pirate figure; the bulk of his assets are in internet money.

The SEC already is after pirate. Its not that they dont care. They are searching more infos, victims and so on to create a strong case. You can provide info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120119.new;topicseen#new

And regarding nefario... you can be sure that at some point someone is going to government. And this would make it worse for all of us but mostly for nefario. So when he keeps hiding at his position his fear to have to pay his errors out of his own pocket wouldnt be the smallest problem for him.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
October 28, 2012, 02:17:54 PM

Pages:
Jump to: