Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 26. (Read 198674 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 30, 2012, 06:39:30 PM
I have been wondering from the start why the other shareholders/partners don't organize themselves and vote on a new motion to get Nefario out. I don't buy it that they cannot get a majority at this point. As the first motion has failed (but normally Nefario himself shouldn't have been allowed to vote on his own removal, so I don't know for sure but even that motion might have passed) a new motion should at this point be able to pass.

nefario indicated at the last meeting that he'd ignore any vote to remove him as CEO and I doubt that his attitude towards that has changed.  From what the shareholders have posted, they literally have no more information than users do about anything James is doing or planning.

While it might be technically possible to get an emergency order compelling nefario to give other shareholders access to the database and to release the user information to asset issuers, that's only really practical if an order is sought by someone in the UK.  You'd basically need a UK-based shareholder to consult a UK lawyer and find out whether it's even a viable course of action and especially whether it would complicate things even further (what's the likelihood, for instance, that a court would order that the whole process be overseen by an accountant?).

There should be shareholder meetings to monitor the repayment process being held at least weekly but it's pretty apparent that James considers the other shareholders irrelevant these days and has no intention of consulting them or keeping them informed of what it going on.  I doubt that you'd even be able to get all the shareholders to "attend" a shareholder meeting at this point, let alone get nefario to agree to abide by the decisions of that meeting.

legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 30, 2012, 06:19:55 PM
I thought genjix had to eat catfood + bits of newspaper cause he was so poor ?

kinda seems like all these conflict of interests between certain people is the reason why some of you have been scammed.. multiple times now..
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
October 30, 2012, 06:04:39 PM
If there is the chance that the support for nefario is dwindling, why the remaining shareholders arent sitting together and try to convince the 4 or 5 shareholders, that are necessary to get the database login, and check if a backup is still possible. I speak about this security measure that was taken in case nefario dies or isnt available for other reasons. Its likely that nefario did block this already but trying it and having a slight chance is better than doing nothing. So theymos or bitcoin.me could you try this? I think the others are way lighter to convince now. And i doubt that nefario has to be part of the meeting when he dont want to. If he comes the better, then he can answer some questions.

I have been wondering from the start why the other shareholders/partners don't organize themselves and vote on a new motion to get Nefario out. I don't buy it that they cannot get a majority at this point. As the first motion has failed (but normally Nefario himself shouldn't have been allowed to vote on his own removal, so I don't know for sure but even that motion might have passed) a new motion should at this point be able to pass.

When did I ever say I was confident? Nefario is clearly incompetent and untrustworthy. I'll be surprised if he doesn't screw this up even more.

There's nothing the shareholders could possibly do. Even if we wanted to independently pay GLBSE users, we don't have the user database. Nefario refuses to give it to us. BitcoinGlobal is not a legally-incorporated company, so I don't think the shareholders could sue Nefario (and we lack the funds to do so in any case).

I seriously doubt that the database backup plan would still work. And we'd need the support of da2ce7 or genjix to even attempt it. They have parts of the shared secret. da2ce7 explicitly refused to use his part of the secret, and I think it's unlikely that genjix would, so I didn't ask him.

There is nothing you could do? => See above.
You think you couldn't sue? => So did anyone of you actually talk to someone who knows for sure?
You think genjix would refuse? => So again nobody even talked to our friend from Bitcoinica/Intersango about this? (and if he refused, even after a motion, wouldn't he at least finally get that scammer tag on this forum, which IMO is also long overdue for the whole Bitcoinica/Intersango team)
He doesn't listen to us => Other people have obviously been able to reach him and talk to him in the past weeks, so why didn't you?

Sorry theymos and bitcoin.me. It doesn't sound very convincing to me. You are showing a lot more balls then other GLBSE partners, but it still isn't good enough. The overall impression is that you care, but just not too much to get out of your comfort zone. I know you lost money, but so did your customers and it is still your (moral) obligation to help and inform them as best as you can.

So many questions have not been addressed yet. It would show good faith and you would actually be doing something to regain respect if one of you got off their butt and started leading this thing and try to push it forward. Or appoint someone neutral and trustworthy to do this for you. Take matters in your own hands and pursue every possible angle to solve this for your previous customers. If you did this the speculating and fighting with each could maybe stop. If in the end all fails, then maybe you could start to argue that you did all you could.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:00:01 PM
I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change.

When did I ever say I was confident? Nefario is clearly incompetent and untrustworthy. I'll be surprised if he doesn't screw this up even more.

There's nothing the shareholders could possibly do. Even if we wanted to independently pay GLBSE users, we don't have the user database. Nefario refuses to give it to us. BitcoinGlobal is not a legally-incorporated company, so I don't think the shareholders could sue Nefario (and we lack the funds to do so in any case).

I seriously doubt that the database backup plan would still work. And we'd need the support of da2ce7 or genjix to even attempt it. They have parts of the shared secret. da2ce7 explicitly refused to use his part of the secret, and I think it's unlikely that genjix would, so I didn't ask him.

Thanks for clarification (and the extrainfo... Smiley). And i didnt think that you trust nefario. *g* I only meant the shareholders that are standing by him and his actions.

Too bad that they even now, when nefario stopped communicating, wont consider to try a backup at least even though it most probably wont work.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
October 30, 2012, 04:41:33 PM
I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change.

legendary
October 30, 2012, 04:27:09 PM
Its hard to do anything when the majority support nefario's actions and think his shit doesnt smell.

Is it really still the case? I mean after 4 weeks the mood didnt change? Even though nefario doesnt speak with the shareholders anymore?

If there is the chance that the support for nefario is dwindling, why the remaining shareholders arent sitting together and try to convince the 4 or 5 shareholders, that are necessary to get the database login, and check if a backup is still possible. I speak about this security measure that was taken in case nefario dies or isnt available for other reasons. Its likely that nefario did block this already but trying it and having a slight chance is better than doing nothing. So theymos or bitcoin.me could you try this? I think the others are way lighter to convince now. And i doubt that nefario has to be part of the meeting when he dont want to. If he comes the better, then he can answer some questions.

@Kluge

Nefario didnt hear what the others say, thats right, so the shareholders cant do much. I only say they should try to follow the backupplan which was built in case nefario dies and to get access to the database. It probably wont work but i think trying it is better than doing nothing.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 30, 2012, 04:19:09 PM
I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change. And if so and they say yes to backup the database just in case (they should be able to do so) can they still do this or did nefario block them out in the meanwhile. I mean nefario could get the double payment back even when he gave out asset info. Or he could keep only the assetinfos of the persons that dont want to give back double payment.

I really would feel better when the database would be shared with the other shareholders of glbse. Why not give coldhardmetal the database the same way he handled the paper wallet? It looks like all, including nefario, are trusting him. But i think only shareholders can bring this up because nefario isnt listening to others.
wat?

Theymos started a thread accusing Nef of being a scammer very soon after he shut down GLBSE (eta: this very thread, as it happens), and Nef's refusing to accept anything the shareholders want - refusing to step down as CEO, while also refusing to allow GLBSE to operate. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DRt78Vne
Activity: 686
Wat
October 30, 2012, 04:17:20 PM
bitcoinpromoter

Dont you think? As far as i read he often spoke at trade fairs and other places and promoted bitcoin. Of course in his own interest and in his job as ceo of glbse but it looks like he was one of the more known promoter of the bitcoin-idea. So in my opinion it would be a bit strange if this would be the best scam he could think of. That would only make sense if he is in a strange situation like depression, wife ran, taking drugs or similar. But till now i only know that he gets massive pressure from community, not more. If there is more let me know.

Whatever Nefario did in the past does not make up for the damage he has caused. He and the other GLBSE partners have had at least 4 weeks to do something or show good faith. I know of one partner who has at least publicly made his excuses and that's it. None of them have done enough or taken any responsibility upon themselves to solve this. They are silently hiding and hoping this will blow over. Really mature and responsible. Stop defending the perpetrators for their actions. This case is as black and white as it can get.

Its hard to do anything when the majority support nefario's actions and think his shit doesnt smell.

Activity: 868
October 30, 2012, 03:58:25 PM
But i think only shareholders can bring this up because nefario isnt listening to others.

The shareholders have said several times in this thread that nefario isn't communicating with them.
legendary
October 30, 2012, 03:48:06 PM
I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change. And if so and they say yes to backup the database just in case (they should be able to do so) can they still do this or did nefario block them out in the meanwhile. I mean nefario could get the double payment back even when he gave out asset info. Or he could keep only the assetinfos of the persons that dont want to give back double payment.

I really would feel better when the database would be shared with the other shareholders of glbse. Why not give coldhardmetal the database the same way he handled the paper wallet? It looks like all, including nefario, are trusting him. But i think only shareholders can bring this up because nefario isnt listening to others.
In cryptography we trust
October 30, 2012, 03:34:27 PM
bitcoinpromoter

Dont you think? As far as i read he often spoke at trade fairs and other places and promoted bitcoin. Of course in his own interest and in his job as ceo of glbse but it looks like he was one of the more known promoter of the bitcoin-idea. So in my opinion it would be a bit strange if this would be the best scam he could think of. That would only make sense if he is in a strange situation like depression, wife ran, taking drugs or similar. But till now i only know that he gets massive pressure from community, not more. If there is more let me know.

Whatever Nefario did in the past does not make up for the damage he has caused. He and the other GLBSE partners have had at least 4 weeks to do something or show good faith. I know of one partner who has at least publicly made his excuses and that's it. None of them have done enough or taken any responsibility upon themselves to solve this. They are silently hiding and hoping this will blow over. Really mature and responsible. Stop defending the perpetrators for their actions. This case is as black and white as it can get.
How can take your "black and white" assumption for fact when you dismiss a post you quote with totally out-of-context answer?

He never even remotely implied he should get less heat because of his past involvement and that's what you focus on dismissing?

You just prove how rational the haters thinking is.

I don't follow you. Yes I hate how this situation is being handled. You call me a hater because I feel people should be moral and responsible.

@CornedBeefHash, I know, especially with Nefario as the scapegoat everyone else should get out without even a scratch.
Activity: 658
October 30, 2012, 03:22:05 PM
bitcoinpromoter

How can take your "black and white" assumption for fact when you dismiss a post you quote with totally out-of-context answer?

He never even remotely implied he should get less heat because of his past involvement and that's what you focus on dismissing?

You just prove how rational the haters thinking is.
legendary
October 30, 2012, 03:20:50 PM
Kick into them or shut the fuck up? Really... you know how to solve problems.
In cryptography we trust
October 30, 2012, 03:06:54 PM
bitcoinpromoter

legendary
October 30, 2012, 02:56:08 PM
bitcoinpromoter

legendary
Activity: 1666
October 30, 2012, 02:44:32 PM
bitcoinpromoter
legendary
October 30, 2012, 02:38:42 PM
Does nefario take drugs? I mean that would be a real problem of course. But as long as he doesnt why did you lose all hope? I mean he paid back alread 17% of the payments. Without doublepayments calculated in. And the only thing he could scam would be this usermoney. Its not much anyway. And he would have earned more by simply remaining ceo.

Then when going into his view it can be understood why he is acting this way. Even though its not the best way he is going. But it isnt the way a scammer is working.

Then... he is a well known bitcoinpromoter. Are you guys really think he is this big in the business and then only can come up with an idea to scam 6000BTC? That would be funny. Even though he would earn more as glbse-ceo. Not to mention of the shareholders earning he got from glbse on top.

I see why you lost all hope. The past shows how things run mostly but do you really think that this here is so similar?

Anway... its still possible that for some reason he thinks that everything is lost for him because he realizes that his poor management destroyed his trust in the community so that nobody ever will work with him or invest in his projects. So maybe he gets the idea that he should take what he has. In this case its probably appropriate to think again about the plans to set up a bounty for leaking the database. I wouldnt care if in fact nefario is leaking it, a shareholder, a datacenter employee or a hacker. The most important thing is the database. And if nefario really has to fear that the database comes to light because of the sec or similar then he could give it out this way. A leak isnt an evidence at court and he could claim its manipulated. So i would keep this in mind as backupplan.

But till now, regardless of the stupid moves done, it still can be that he is honest and only dont want to pay out of his own pocket. But its everyones thing to think what he want.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
October 30, 2012, 12:43:22 PM
Who were the GLBSE partners?  Do we have any right to hold any of them accountable for not releasing the database to asset issuers yet?
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
October 30, 2012, 12:15:52 PM
What makes me a little bit worried is that Nefario has lost the income from GLBSE. How could he buy the food and rent and feed his wife and kids? Wish that he has some decent savings.
Activity: 367
Merit: 100
October 30, 2012, 10:37:17 AM
This phenomena can be seen in every scam then on this board.

business gone bad != scam
poor business skills != scam

however, since we only have one type of negative tag, I do think the 'scammer' tag should apply.

I agree with most of your other statements.

frankly no one should do business with anyone here without IN DEPTH due diligence.  the problem is very few of us are proving to be any good at doing DD or knowing any better.
Pages:
Jump to: