Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 66. (Read 198674 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2012, 07:22:23 PM
A paper wallet has been generated and all outstanding funds should be going there soon. Its not an easy process to wind down such a large company like GLBSE as you can imagine. Nefario is still in contact with everyone and untill he refuses to communicate via secure channels things are still in motion, albeit slowly.

I don't want the funds going anywhere but into the wallets of their rightful owners.

I feel sad that in all likelihood any visible bitcoin company is going to face the same fate as GLBSE and its not really nefario you should be angry about.

I'm angry with the way this whole thing has been (mis-)handled.  I see no one but Nefario to blame for that.  I do believe he said on glbse.com that he would begin returning funds "today", which is now yesterday.  I'm still waiting empty-handed.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 08, 2012, 07:15:53 PM
excellent to hear progress!

forgive my ignorance, but what does the paper wallet help?

They always see people getting away with whitecollar crimes on tv by shredding the evidence, yet he didn't have anything to shred.... The paper wallets will take care of this problem.... they can shred the evidence and get away with the crime now!
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
October 08, 2012, 07:13:12 PM
excellent to hear progress!

forgive my ignorance, but what does the paper wallet help?
Activity: 183
October 08, 2012, 06:58:22 PM
Settle down peeps.

A paper wallet has been generated and all outstanding funds should be going there soon. Its not an easy process to wind down such a large company like GLBSE as you can imagine. Nefario is still in contact with everyone and untill he refuses to communicate via secure channels things are still in motion, albeit slowly.

I feel sad that in all likelihood any visible bitcoin company is going to face the same fate as GLBSE and its not really nefario you should be angry about.

good to hear.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
October 08, 2012, 06:52:10 PM
Settle down peeps.

legendary
October 08, 2012, 06:46:15 PM
I was just reading an old Nefario interview from June 2011, and the following bits (among others) jumped out at me given where this ended up at:

[...] we suspect that within the next 6 months many if not most bitcoin exchangers (especially MT.Gox, but also non exchanging services such as glbse.com) will be shutdown by various authorities around the world.

This will cause a liquidity problem for us(never mind our prime service being out of operation) and nearly every other business that uses bitcoin (this includes our suppliers). It would also kill the overall buying power that has grown with bitcoin over the last 6 months or more. This will seriously hurt our ability to operate and our bottom line.

To prevent this happening we hope to have the nomico.in (and CryptoCloud for it to run on) up and running before this eventuality.

Find the full interview at: http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/interview-with-nefario-founder-of-bitcoin-global

In the same vein, I posted this earlier, but will make it more prominent here:

We've just completed our first step in disaster planning for GLBSE, the unfortunate (and hopefully unlikely) event of my death.

I am now happy to say that should I kick the bucket GLBSE would be able to continue on without me in full functionality.

Our next step is to try to have encrypted, near realtime snapshots of the GLBSE database stored offsite. Currently we have daily offsite backups.

Nefario

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-disaster-planning-84062
donator
Activity: 213
October 08, 2012, 06:24:28 PM
I was just reading an old Nefario interview from June 2011, and the following bits (among others) jumped out at me given where this ended up at:

[...] we suspect that within the next 6 months many if not most bitcoin exchangers (especially MT.Gox, but also non exchanging services such as glbse.com) will be shutdown by various authorities around the world.

This will cause a liquidity problem for us(never mind our prime service being out of operation) and nearly every other business that uses bitcoin (this includes our suppliers). It would also kill the overall buying power that has grown with bitcoin over the last 6 months or more. This will seriously hurt our ability to operate and our bottom line.

To prevent this happening we hope to have the nomico.in (and CryptoCloud for it to run on) up and running before this eventuality.

Find the full interview at: http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/interview-with-nefario-founder-of-bitcoin-global
October 08, 2012, 06:13:29 PM
Just one our left...

Too bad mathew isn't around anymore.... I could see some wild bets going around right now!

EDIT:

Anyone want to make some bets right now?  I'll do a couple of 1 to .1btc bets that he doesn't pay in the next hour.  My 1btc to your .1btc...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:13:10 PM
Just one our left...

Doesnt look good then... Damn!
Activity: 471
Merit: 252
October 08, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
Just one our left...
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
October 08, 2012, 04:23:26 PM
Haven't been here for a few days. Please could anyone sum up the situation for me?
I'm getting my popcorn ready  Wink

Drama again.
That should be the motto of Bitcoin Talk.

BTC BitcoinTalk - drama again
legendary
October 08, 2012, 04:09:29 PM
By the way... when is later today for nefario?

Chorley time is currently at UTC +01:00, so it's a bit after 9 PM there now.  He has just under 3 hours left in the day.
legendary
October 08, 2012, 03:36:13 PM
In that case it would be proof of a scam. But till now he still can be honest. Not in the best way but at least at the most important part.
October 08, 2012, 03:13:55 PM
I know all what happened. And that he got the tag already. I only say that its still not sure that he wont give it out. But giving him the tag maybe breaks this will. I mean at least one could have wait until the time he himself said that he will refund everyone. Its breaking glass before really needed. Its still possible that he is as honest to give back the funds. Otherwise he would get problems cause he is known in person. So i critizise to give the scammer tag that fast because it has the potential to make a scammer out of him even when he didnt plan it.

But its done already... lets see how this ends...

I'm guessing later today for Nefario is around the same time frame as 2 weeks for Pirateat40...
legendary
October 08, 2012, 03:08:00 PM
I know all what happened. And that he got the tag already. I only say that its still not sure that he wont give it out. But giving him the tag maybe breaks this will. I mean at least one could have wait until the time he himself said that he will refund everyone. Its breaking glass before really needed. Its still possible that he is as honest to give back the funds. Otherwise he would get problems cause he is known in person. So i critizise to give the scammer tag that fast because it has the potential to make a scammer out of him even when he didnt plan it.

But its done already... lets see how this ends...

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.
October 08, 2012, 03:07:09 PM
I just tried to PM Nefario but I have been blocked, this is only the second time I've tried to contact him. What is the process of getting my funds and Bitcoins back?
October 08, 2012, 02:53:35 PM
oldschool... what could nefario do with the shares? Exactly nothing. So he can give it back because its nothing worth to him. If he would really be a scammer then he would at least try to blackmail shareholders to pay him something to get the infos about shares.

Regarding the scammer tag... couldnt you wait a bit? I mean it can take some days when he wants to create such script. So now he has the tag and could think that all is lost. No one will invest into his new platform. That could lead to "take what i have" even when he didnt plan it from the start.

So no... giving that tag would be better later. I mean who could he still scam now? And how?

Not the best move in my opinion.

He didn't just steal shares... he has an estimated 6000-8000btc also.  The forum administrators and staff have already decided that he is a scammer with all of the information that has been presented.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 08, 2012, 02:52:01 PM
oldschool... what could nefario do with the shares? Exactly nothing. So he can give it back because its nothing worth to him. If he would really be a scammer then he would at least try to blackmail shareholders to pay him something to get the infos about shares.

Regarding the scammer tag... couldnt you wait a bit? I mean it can take some days when he wants to create such script. So now he has the tag and could think that all is lost. No one will invest into his new platform. That could lead to "take what i have" even when he didnt plan it from the start.

So no... giving that tag would be better later. I mean who could he still scam now? And how?

He already has the scammer tag.
legendary
October 08, 2012, 02:49:19 PM

legendary
October 08, 2012, 02:39:38 PM
Just thought I'd leave this here.

I assume it does not help us, or it would have already been used.
Pages:
Jump to: