Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario GLBSE - page 4. (Read 28552 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 04, 2012, 01:56:25 PM
I predict after friday things are gonna change and more level heads will prevail.

This prediction seems to have been spot on, GLBSE being closed.

Ouch. While I certainly have no issue with a good barroom brawl now and again, painting my comments with the usagi-thought brush is just plain mean.

Perhaps it was a little rough.

It's not too late to backtrack and relist the assets for damage mitigation, even if some harm will remain. Another option is to let GLBSE die with as little fuss as possible and run with minor deposits whose owners won't go to court over.

You mean sorta like bitcoinica 2.0? Interesting.

Oct 04 18:57:06 *   genjix ([email protected]) has joined #bitcoin-assets
Oct 04 18:57:19    Time to open free accounts for Mpex
Oct 04 18:57:40    not happening.
Oct 04 18:57:42    actually
Oct 04 18:57:43    Doffx: no, time for jurov|away's brokerage site to open up public
Oct 04 18:57:47    effective immediately, the fee is 30 btc.
Oct 04 18:57:50    enjoy.
Oct 04 18:58:04    Lol.
Oct 04 18:58:19    coinbr.com, iirc
Oct 04 18:58:21    AND your eyes can bleed while you use it
Oct 04 18:58:26    it is a two-fer
Oct 04 18:58:37    Either way I will no longer participate in any exchange.
Oct 04 18:59:09    I'm glad I removed all my BTC from Glbse
Oct 04 18:59:16    what is left to participate in?
Oct 04 18:59:19    Just wish I had time to dump all my shares
Oct 04 19:00:10    nefario is legit. for sure there is a reasonable explanation and everyone will get their bitcoins back. i trust the guy.
Oct 04 19:00:44    defactomacro: any other bitcoin related securites exchange?
Oct 04 19:00:59    there's a whole list in /topic
Oct 04 19:01:02    The btc is only one part of the problem, the bigger problem is everyone is going to want out.
Oct 04 19:01:02    ;;ident genjix
Oct 04 19:01:03    Nick 'genjix', with hostmask '[email protected]', is not identified.
Oct 04 19:01:09    you have got to be kidding.
Oct 04 19:01:12    So if you own shares what happens.
Oct 04 19:01:21    genjix: If ther eis govt intervention it doesn't matter one lick if nefario was legit or not
Oct 04 19:01:40    genjix aren't there some coins you folks stole with bitcoinica taht need to be dispensed ?
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
October 04, 2012, 01:14:36 PM
Best I can tell from his (jasinlee's) comments he has shot himself in the metaphorical foot with GLBSE. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that Nefario and the rest of Team GLSBE is done with listening to insults from minor league biznessmen who believe telling somebody to go fuck themselves is a good opening gambit in negotiation. It has been pretty clear for a while now that GLBSE can and will change the rules, and will react to anti-social comments spread around. Who seriously thinks that having Goat's public immolation is the way to get your way when requesting anything from anybody. Shoot yourself in the head first, then insult the other guy and only then ask questions? Really? Jasinlee might have a chance, with some mea culpas and a little politeness, while I suspect that Goat's hooves will freeze to the rice paddies on account of Hell freezing over before he sees a dime.
The problem is that even if you accept this reasoning, you still have Nefario screwing over all those who hold Goat's assets. In fact, there's no evidence Nefario considered any of the obvious harm the sudden delisting would do to GLBSE's customers. And as of yet, we have no explanation for why such a drastic action was even advisable, much less necessary.

Even with the best of imaginable outcomes, you'd have to expect the assets to lose a significant fraction of their value and every asset holder to be inconvenienced by having to track the asset in some system other than the one they were already using. And frankly, it looks like Nefario either didn't think about it or just didn't care. He just wanted to get Goat.

Yes, other people did some things they possibly shouldn't have done. But nothing I can see compares to GLBSE's wholesale abandonment of their customers without explanation.

Indeed. My guess is he went into silent mode after he realized he single handedly destroyed value of innocent customers fighting Goat with the biggest guns available, instead of the smallest, and he's pondering his liability now.

It's not too late to backtrack and relist the assets for damage mitigation, even if some harm will remain. Another option is to let GLBSE die with as little fuss as possible and run with minor deposits whose owners won't go to court over.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
October 04, 2012, 11:45:09 AM
There is a new thread on here apparently in the last few weeks this has become the norm.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-what-is-wrong-with-glbse-115393

And then I just found this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115430.0;topicseen

Guess I am not alone.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
October 04, 2012, 11:30:55 AM
What I can tell you is that you are spending your efforts in the wrong place if you want to debate GLBSE policy on this forum.

I see usagi-thought is making inroads. Loup, why not just make some local forum rules?

Not true. GLBSE/Nefario actually opened the thread about delisting Goat himself.

They only decided to ignore the forum after the SHTF

This is indeed true. Nefario gets brave in front of the mirror, softens up in public.

They used to have a forum. It's been gone since around the time GLBSE 2.0 launched, and GLBSE launched a support account here because the other forum was poorly supported and resulted in information spread out in two different places.

Lol maybe Loup is trying to revive it?

They have already ignored me long enough for me to get the hint. To my knowledge ( but I didnt look too hard ) the scam section only has this thread relating to nefario scamming. So I put my complaints where they belong, I don't care if I shot myself in the foot since I know my bitcoins are already stolen.
I'm not sure on the policy here, but if you believe you have a case for a scammer tag against Nefario, it might be best to post your accusation in a new thread.  Presumably you will get the opportunity to work with BadBear and Maged the same way Goat did, and presumably your interactions will be different, if only more private.  I can see the point in posting here since you are in a way "a victim of the same scam" but I think you are more "a victim of a different scam" or "a victim of piss-poor customer service" and I don't know what anyone else would think, but a separate thread will at least get your complaint seem by more eyes than page 17 of this one.

Twas tried. Very well presented if I may say so myself, didn't go anywhere because c0x.

Ouch. While I certainly have no issue with a good barroom brawl now and again, painting my comments with the usagi-thought brush is just plain mean. My point is simply this- the extremely poorly communicating and somewhat more than occasionally erratic management of GLBSE has made their rules (currently) that you can only communicate with them through their support (yeah right, support, my ass!!) tickets and through their (non-existent) forum. Revive it? Hell, I'm trying actively to dump every shit investment I have in GLBSE before it completely tanks in the next few weeks (just like version 1.0 did) and we all get stuck holding nothing but air, and still enjoying their piss-poor communications.

Far from being an apologist for GLBSE (I'm not, I think their customer service is second only to pirate and possibly bitcoinica for openness and accessibility) I am just trying to make a point that jasinlee might have more success in dealing with them on their terms, rather than taking the Full Goat approach. Full Goat gets your shit delisted, your assets frozen, and your panties in a twist. Just like bitcoinica needed "fucking respect" I find one can do much better treating the delusional demi-gods of investment genius by playing to their vanity, and was trying to offer that advice to jasinlee.

Or stick to the Full Goat Method, it matters not a whit. Chances are you will end up just as royally screwed as pretty much every other venture around here.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 04, 2012, 10:08:17 AM
What I can tell you is that you are spending your efforts in the wrong place if you want to debate GLBSE policy on this forum.

I see usagi-thought is making inroads. Loup, why not just make some local forum rules?

Not true. GLBSE/Nefario actually opened the thread about delisting Goat himself.

This is indeed true. Nefario gets brave in front of the mirror, softens up in public.

They used to have a forum. It's been gone since around the time GLBSE 2.0 launched, and GLBSE launched a support account here because the other forum was poorly supported and resulted in information spread out in two different places.

Lol maybe Loup is trying to revive it?

They have already ignored me long enough for me to get the hint. To my knowledge ( but I didnt look too hard ) the scam section only has this thread relating to nefario scamming. So I put my complaints where they belong, I don't care if I shot myself in the foot since I know my bitcoins are already stolen.
I'm not sure on the policy here, but if you believe you have a case for a scammer tag against Nefario, it might be best to post your accusation in a new thread.  Presumably you will get the opportunity to work with BadBear and Maged the same way Goat did, and presumably your interactions will be different, if only more private.  I can see the point in posting here since you are in a way "a victim of the same scam" but I think you are more "a victim of a different scam" or "a victim of piss-poor customer service" and I don't know what anyone else would think, but a separate thread will at least get your complaint seem by more eyes than page 17 of this one.

Twas tried. Very well presented if I may say so myself, didn't go anywhere because c0x.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
October 04, 2012, 06:51:10 AM
Best I can tell from his (jasinlee's) comments he has shot himself in the metaphorical foot with GLBSE. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that Nefario and the rest of Team GLSBE is done with listening to insults from minor league biznessmen who believe telling somebody to go fuck themselves is a good opening gambit in negotiation. It has been pretty clear for a while now that GLBSE can and will change the rules, and will react to anti-social comments spread around. Who seriously thinks that having Goat's public immolation is the way to get your way when requesting anything from anybody. Shoot yourself in the head first, then insult the other guy and only then ask questions? Really? Jasinlee might have a chance, with some mea culpas and a little politeness, while I suspect that Goat's hooves will freeze to the rice paddies on account of Hell freezing over before he sees a dime.
The problem is that even if you accept this reasoning, you still have Nefario screwing over all those who hold Goat's assets. In fact, there's no evidence Nefario considered any of the obvious harm the sudden delisting would do to GLBSE's customers. And as of yet, we have no explanation for why such a drastic action was even advisable, much less necessary.

Even with the best of imaginable outcomes, you'd have to expect the assets to lose a significant fraction of their value and every asset holder to be inconvenienced by having to track the asset in some system other than the one they were already using. And frankly, it looks like Nefario either didn't think about it or just didn't care. He just wanted to get Goat.

Yes, other people did some things they possibly shouldn't have done. But nothing I can see compares to GLBSE's wholesale abandonment of their customers without explanation.
Activity: 807
October 04, 2012, 06:15:28 AM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 04, 2012, 05:24:03 AM

I see, that is similar to what's been said before. Interesting to know.
Activity: 518
October 04, 2012, 05:20:16 AM
Protected? As in following his TOS with you? That's why there is no scammer tag, which has been explained to you. In public.

Can you point out what I did wrong to be completely ignored by his service? I should setup a site where I offer to list securities, offer it with a fee for "verification" and once I have the bitcoins I will be happy to state you should have read my laggy, terrible site with 0 assistance or explanation for anything. And since you did not or could not then I will be keeping your bitcoins.

With respect to your rhetorical question form of communicating- I can't tell you everything you did wrong, or anything that you did right. I'm not a part of your discussion with GLBSE. What I can tell you is that you are spending your efforts in the wrong place if you want to debate GLBSE policy on this forum. GLBSE has their own sites and communication methods, which I am sure you are aware of. Part of their agreement with all users, both asset creators, and trading customers, is that you will communicate with them through their methods, and that they categorically do not reply to communications in this forum or to PM's sent through it.

Without offering an opinion if that policy is right or wrong, I note that you are directing your comments towards them in the wrong venue. Here, they don't care, and have told you that. Same thing for Goat's little drama. He refuses to accept that this is not the place for the discussion, and failing to communicate with them, as he agreed to when he started using their service, he is shocked and awed when things don't go his way. You can choose to be as publicly ignorant as him, or you can take your issues up with the folks that can address them, in the place they have told you they will address them.

But, as you observed, trashing them here is probably not the best way to get a favorable consideration on asking them to make an exception for you. Few businesses I am aware of want to be insulted in public with their target audience listening and are then willing to bend over backwards to make exceptions for you. Maybe that's just my experience, but it does go to that whole honey versus vinegar argument.

This is worth pointing out.

Also, since when does GLBSE have a forum? I'm new around here, but I've asked this at least once before - I was told "no." I'd love to read that forum right now.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 04, 2012, 04:18:27 AM
Protected? As in following his TOS with you? That's why there is no scammer tag, which has been explained to you. In public.

Can you point out what I did wrong to be completely ignored by his service? I should setup a site where I offer to list securities, offer it with a fee for "verification" and once I have the bitcoins I will be happy to state you should have read my laggy, terrible site with 0 assistance or explanation for anything. And since you did not or could not then I will be keeping your bitcoins.

With respect to your rhetorical question form of communicating- I can't tell you everything you did wrong, or anything that you did right. I'm not a part of your discussion with GLBSE. What I can tell you is that you are spending your efforts in the wrong place if you want to debate GLBSE policy on this forum. GLBSE has their own sites and communication methods, which I am sure you are aware of. Part of their agreement with all users, both asset creators, and trading customers, is that you will communicate with them through their methods, and that they categorically do not reply to communications in this forum or to PM's sent through it.

Without offering an opinion if that policy is right or wrong, I note that you are directing your comments towards them in the wrong venue. Here, they don't care, and have told you that. Same thing for Goat's little drama. He refuses to accept that this is not the place for the discussion, and failing to communicate with them, as he agreed to when he started using their service, he is shocked and awed when things don't go his way. You can choose to be as publicly ignorant as him, or you can take your issues up with the folks that can address them, in the place they have told you they will address them.

But, as you observed, trashing them here is probably not the best way to get a favorable consideration on asking them to make an exception for you. Few businesses I am aware of want to be insulted in public with their target audience listening and are then willing to bend over backwards to make exceptions for you. Maybe that's just my experience, but it does go to that whole honey versus vinegar argument.

This is worth pointing out.

Also, since when does GLBSE have a forum? I'm new around here, but I've asked this at least once before - I was told "no." I'd love to read that forum right now.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
October 04, 2012, 04:16:20 AM

Activity: 686
Wat
October 04, 2012, 01:58:25 AM
I actually did use their communication methods. Ticket system, and as quoted, I emailed their support email address. Those were the two locations I was told to contact and they would reply in "24 hours" which its been almost a week after my complaining. Public venue, yes just to get it out there that they are a terrible company to work with and to deter others from using a service that is simply bad. I consider my bitcoins stolen by glbse at this point, and just like this tread is titled Scam Accusations. That was my summary of my accusation.

Not many companies will give you a refund "because you change your mind". I know of a few but they are all major supermarket chains.

Activity: 686
Wat
October 04, 2012, 01:53:45 AM
You find nothing wrong with selling a service and then not fully doing it?

I am not sure if this was a reply to me, but I was just curious in how you interpret the GLBSE TOS because on a discussion on the interpretation of contracts listed on GLBSE you seemed to agreed with the statement that things not in the contract can still be done.  Things listed in the contract allow for one of the parties to 'reserve the right' to do something, but not necessarily only do things that are listed in the contract.  By this interpretation, GLBSE reserves the right to do any and all things in its TOS.  There are also implied agreements when using the GLBSE system.  No where in the TOS says that GLBSE will list a security after the fee is made, but they do it.  By having the authority to list a security, GLBSE also has the authority to remove a security from the exchange.

Anyway, I would also argue that whatever is said in a contract or TOS may not always be the right thing to do.  As you may remember with our contract dispute; I took responsibility for my badly written contract and paid out of my own pocket.

In my opinion the right thing to do is to allow the securities to be relisted, allow a buyback of all the securities at whatever value was agreed to, and then remove them after all accounts have been cleared.

This is a decent halfway measure.

There seem to be a lot of us that think it was either prematurely delisted, or shouldn't have been delisted at all. If this is true, relisting sounds best. We can just undo the damage in one move.

I predict after friday things are gonna change and more level heads will prevail.
October 04, 2012, 01:08:27 AM
How low do you think he will have to bow to get his money back? Will any shoe licking be required?

Dunno- kowtowing is not my department.

October 04, 2012, 01:01:27 AM
How low do you think he will have to bow to get his money back? Will any shoe licking be required?

Dunno- kowtowing is not my department.

October 04, 2012, 12:52:02 AM

yeah, LG does not like me. Not sure why but meh...   I mean really who cares.

I enjoy your posts Reeses even though you publicly call me a dick:)  you are smart enough to know why I'm a dick, LG just seems to not be sure why and frolics about...

Actually, Goat, I just use the common public understanding of why you are a dick.

You are a chaser. A desperate little failure of a loser who, failing to have any original useful ideas of his own, chases after whatever the hot trending topic or idea is and tries to figure out a way to monetize it for yourself. From solidcoin to pirate's pass throughs to PPCoin to i0coin to assets on GLBSE, you are always Johnny Come Lately, ten minutes after the buzz has peaked, begging other users to teach you how it all works, and then throwing half-assed attempts at mimicry around for the unsuspecting to get caught.

You seem to honestly believe that nobody can see through your lame copycat skillz, and that just because you don't understand something, everyone will forgive and forget, and sign up to teach you the next thing. You are a classic shiny object follower, and bring absolutely nothing of value to the community, the bitcoin experience, or any discussion you are a part of.

That's precisely why most people think you are a dick. Smart ones, and not so smart ones can pretty much see that you are a leech, sucking away on the lifeblood of anything you can attach yourself to, without the courage to stand up for anything.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
October 04, 2012, 12:51:54 AM
October 04, 2012, 12:48:27 AM
I actually did use their communication methods. Ticket system, and as quoted, I emailed their support email address. Those were the two locations I was told to contact and they would reply in "24 hours" which its been almost a week after my complaining. Public venue, yes just to get it out there that they are a terrible company to work with and to deter others from using a service that is simply bad. I consider my bitcoins stolen by glbse at this point, and just like this tread is titled Scam Accusations. That was my summary of my accusation.
October 04, 2012, 12:43:08 AM

October 04, 2012, 12:28:47 AM

Pages:
Jump to: