Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread - page 5. (Read 661424 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
I love that there were ~70 stakeholders for NXT and NXTers are saying NEM is compromised because of 1 sock puppet among 3,000 stakeholders. It goes to show how hungry the competition was for some negative NEM publicity.

1 sock puppet that was CAUGHT. He could literally have hundreds more. If he doesn't, prove it.

The man is a liar. He was caught in a bald-faced lie. Pretending to talk to yourself for the sake of creating fake conversation IS LYING. Its dishonest and it goes against the core themes of this project.

It doesn't matter what you or he has to say about the matter from here on out, he has no credibility any more. Its morally reprehensible that you guys would rush to his side so quickly.

No NXT developer has been caught using such underhanded tactics, ever.
I think the nxt guys can answer that  Grin

OK fine I made that up admittedly. Please feel free to prove me wrong.
legendary
I love that there were ~70 stakeholders for NXT and NXTers are saying NEM is compromised because of 1 sock puppet among 3,000 stakeholders. It goes to show how hungry the competition was for some negative NEM publicity.

I only see him with two accounts, which is legal if the second stake is meant for someone else.

People keep claiming he has multiple sock puppet accounts but that doesn't seem to be the case until someone can prove it.

The cautious and appropriate point of view would be the opposite from your own. You need to prove to us he doesn't have more sock puppet accounts. Its not the other way around.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1 sock puppet that was CAUGHT. He could literally have hundreds more. If he doesn't, prove it.

The man is a liar. He was caught in a bald-faced lie. Pretending to talk to yourself for the sake of creating fake conversation IS LYING. Its dishonest and it goes against the core themes of this project.

It doesn't matter what you or he has to say about the matter from here on out, he has no credibility any more. Its morally reprehensible that you guys would rush to his side so quickly.

I think the nxt guys can answer that  Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 506

I only see him with two accounts, which is legal if the second stake is meant for someone else.

People keep claiming he has multiple sock puppet accounts but that doesn't seem to be the case until someone can prove it.
legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
Other then Ghosthouse, what other sockpuppets does UF have?  Can anyone name a third?  If not then don't claim so.

Having a second account is legal given the context.  What's scandalous is this sim coin thing but honestly I don't know anything about that coin / don't care.
Why are you so keen on defending the actions of UF?
Serious question.

Simcoin has nothing to do with this. There is no problem between simcoin and NEM. The problems were personal and they should remain so.

It is very understandable why people would still defend UP. While he has made a great mistake, we should not forget that we would not be here without him. He has put a great deal of work for this and people judging him should keep in mind too.

Am very curios to read his statement.
Activity: 163
Other then Ghosthouse, what other sockpuppets does UF have?  Can anyone name a third?  If not then don't claim so.

Having a second account is legal given the context.  What's scandalous is this sim coin thing but honestly I don't know anything about that coin / don't care.
Serious question.

Don't ad hominen me, it's a logical fallacy.  I'm not 'defending anyone', I'm challenging the claim by trolls that UF is a sockmaster but no one has shown a third account or more.
The whole reason why everyone is tumbling over one another is because of the all the "preaching" UF has done about fairness and being trustworthy and all the stuff about being transparant, making contracts...

And now we see he has at least two different accounts with stakes on the stakeholder list (before they were removed).
That's something that removes you from my trust list immediately.

Trust is all we have and when the "founder" of a coin doesn't tell anyone he has several other accounts.... Do I really need to go on?

Which was the second account?  If you're saying he had two more, in addition to the main UF account, then I see validity
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Having a second account is legal given the context.  What's scandalous is this sim coin thing but honestly I don't know anything about that coin / don't care.
Serious question.

Don't ad hominen me, it's a logical fallacy.  I'm not 'defending anyone', I'm challenging the claim by trolls that UF is a sockmaster but no one has shown a third account or more.
The whole reason why everyone is tumbling over one another is because of the all the "preaching" UF has done about fairness and being trustworthy and all the stuff about being transparant, making contracts...

And now we see he has at least two different accounts with stakes on the stakeholder list (before they were removed).
That's something that removes you from my trust list immediately.

Trust is all we have and when the "founder" of a coin doesn't tell anyone he has several other accounts.... Do I really need to go on?
Other then Ghosthouse, what other sockpuppets does UF have?  Can anyone name a third?  If not then don't claim so.

Serious question.

Don't ad hominem  me, it's a logical fallacy.  I'm not 'defending anyone', I'm challenging the claim by trolls that UF is a sockmaster but no one has shown a third account or more (with stakes)
Activity: 644
Ok, UF doesnt like Simcoin and he created 2 fake accounts  for posting on Simcoin thread.

Of course he can't use UF account and writing on another post. He make a mistake, it's not nice to insult others devs ( I LIKE SIMCOIN)

but that doesnt have nothing with NEM.

UF is doing great job for NEM.

This is  not all. Those two fake accounts were also on Nem stakeholder list so he has been using sock puppet accounts to claim even more stakes than what he is already getting (percentage of 10%)
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Serious question.
Activity: 840
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
People should calm down now.

Things will be solved in the best interest of the project and community, not according to trolls.

Have a little patience and we will go successfully through this and be done with it.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win

Lets be clear about where we stand:

We have the great devs, we have the technology, we have the community. So the only problem is with what we have found out about UP.

Although he founded the project and contributed enormously, what he did is wrong.

This is what we have, there is no other problem at all, so lets not make something more about it.

Couldn't agree more. NEM is not just Utopianfuture. NEM is the sum of all it's contributors...

Utopianfuture
Makoto1337
Jaguar0625
Gimre
Thies
BloodyRookie

Patmast3r
Xtester
Krysto
Tranloi
Errki12
Kooream
Zoata87
Kodtycoon

And SO many more. This is one person we're talking about here.

We want the credibility back.

Jaguar0625, Gimre, Thies, BloodyRookie one of them should stand up and take up leadership position. And remove UP from developer's list/stakes

If you don't you will be forever stuck with this history that project leader was involved himself in sock puppet scams to claim even more shares.

Take steps now to fix this as once coins are distributed you won't be able to do anything

I wonder how many of those are sockpuppets.  Grin

Activity: 224
NEM Enthusiast
This is the point when you see the good use of self-moderated thread.

Trolls should be simply kicked out.

The problem is UP is the moderator  Wink

Is this thread moderated?

Nope.

Is this thread moderated?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

seems that the distribution is even worst than NXT.
so what we have? a non tested/used coin?

How is the distribution all of a sudden worse than NXT ?

Nxt did not have 10% developer's stakes, and there is no evidence BCNext used sockpuppet to claim stakes (maybe he did, but at least he wasn't caught with it : )

Activity: 224
NEM Enthusiast
my 2 cents:
1. Nothing has changed with nem, this is simply the credibility of the front man. Could be catastrophic if he has access to NEM assets and exploits that or if he turns this into a campaign against NEM, but so far neither of those have happened. For now I think people are over reacting.
2. I've watched NEM for a long time. I have always been impressed by the community engagement. Nothing has changed there.
3. it is without question that UP has made significant contributions. Man has grappled with greed for eons, and it appears that it may have gotten the best of him. This tarnishes his record, but does not undo the wealth of positive contributions he has made. As it stands, in the name of fairness, I still believe that he should be rewarded for his efforts. That said, his actions may merit some penalty to that reward.

finally, gorilla, dude, you make some valid arguments and I appreciate the variety that those views add to the discussion, but please try to be civil and respectful. Some of your posts serve to undercut your legitimate concerns and opinions.

Cheers,
Zachamo

Who's Gorilla...?  Wink

Pages:
Jump to: