Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread - page 6. (Read 661424 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
I'm going to be very honest now at the risk of losing my stake:

UF will either have to come with an incredible explanation or I see just one solution and that's out with UF. Seriously.

How in the world can some of you justify his actions? Because he is the "founder" of this coin?
Don't the same rules apply to him? He would already have gotten a stake and now trying to claim several more under aliases? Intolerable to me!
After all the stuff that has been going on to get rid of sockpuppets? Now this. Incredible...  Angry
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Lets be clear about where we stand:

We have the great devs, we have the technology, we have the community. So the only problem is with what we have found out about UP.

Although he founded the project and contributed enormously, what he did is wrong.

This is what we have, there is no other problem at all, so lets not make something more about it.

Couldn't agree more. NEM is not just Utopianfuture. NEM is the sum of all it's contributors...

Utopianfuture
Makoto1337
Jaguar0625
Gimre
Thies
BloodyRookie

Patmast3r
Xtester
Krysto
Tranloi
Errki12
Kooream
Zoata87
Kodtycoon

And SO many more. This is one person we're talking about here.

We want the credibility back.

Jaguar0625, Gimre, Thies, BloodyRookie one of them should stand up and take up leadership position. And remove UP from developer's list/stakes

If you don't you will be forever stuck with this history that project leader was involved himself in sock puppet scams to claim even more shares.

Take steps now to fix this as once coins are distributed you won't be able to do anything

Activity: 346
Merit: 251
There can be only one!
my 2 cents:
1. Nothing has changed with nem, this is simply the credibility of the front man. Could be catastrophic if he has access to NEM assets and exploits that or if he turns this into a campaign against NEM, but so far neither of those have happened. For now I think people are over reacting.
2. I've watched NEM for a long time. I have always been impressed by the community engagement. Nothing has changed there.
3. it is without question that UP has made significant contributions. Man has grappled with greed for eons, and it appears that it may have gotten the best of him. This tarnishes his record, but does not undo the wealth of positive contributions he has made. As it stands, in the name of fairness, I still believe that he should be rewarded for his efforts. That said, his actions may merit some penalty to that reward.

finally, gorilla, dude, you make some valid arguments and I appreciate the variety that those views add to the discussion, but please try to be civil and respectful. Some of your posts serve to undercut your legitimate concerns and opinions.

Cheers,
Zachamo
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Where are the extra sockpuppet accounts?  I only see an second account - which is legal for him to claim if it's meant for a second person.. but it's unethical..
Activity: 57
Wow, I'm pretty interested if that really plays out like the PR-Nightmare it looks like.

I don't think so. Here is what I posted in the thread "If you think you can damage NEM because of this you are wrong. NEM is not about me. Everyone knows i don't write a single line of code. I chose not to use my usual nickname exactly because of it is not related to NEM. It is my personal opinion." and it was deleted instantly in 20 seconds.

NEM was always about you and your ethos of fairness. The way you obsessed over sockpuppets was legendary. This ship is going down and so do the honorable thing as captain and go down with it.

I don't care if you come out with a nicely worded political speech. You are a hypocrite and the idea behind NEM has been proven by your behavior to be the joke it is.

My only wish is this happened a few months ago when you were acting like a little Stalin, people have forgotten or dont know how this coin originated and it was 100% out of the false unfairness of NXT.

You with others didn't let up for a second on your onslaught against NXT.

You deserve the same. But I think NXt are more mature and will just let you fuck off into the sunset.

In your "language": u are not a gorilla, just a goebbels of monkeys, a real propaganda-jammer  Cheesy

ok, it is not a matter of laughs, srry. U can't help urself, it's like alcoholism.
Have some patience, play some car game for a while.
After UP posts here, u can comment with facts, no use to write about "shit to nxt" if u dont have proofs, not 1 lonely post but all.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
I wait for UFs statement and will eventually buy my stake back. I hope the price will not rise until then.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
This is the point when you see the good use of self-moderated thread.

Trolls should be simply kicked out.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
meh cheap nem lol

none of this changes what nem is.. just a pr fuck up

It changes a lot if he used sock puppets accounts to claim even more stakes. He is already getting very large chunk as developer (50 times more than others). Plus he also own sock puppet stakes

Someone else needs to step up and take leadership position and remove UP from developer's stake.

Rules of communism don't apply to leadership, see North Korea.
win
Time to make a new clone of NEM for those burnt by this?

I suggest Disgraced Utopian Movement Backlash coin. Or DUMB.

Come on DUMBer's lets make this thing a reality!!
meh cheap nem lol

none of this changes what nem is.. just a pr fuck up

It changes a lot if he used sock puppets accounts to claim even more stakes. He is already getting very large chunk as developer (50 times more than others). Plus he also own sock puppet stakes

Someone else needs to step up and take leadership position and remove UP from developer's stake.
Activity: 76
I was gonna talk shit about Utope but GorillaJam reminded me where my loyalties lie.. on the other side of whatever b.s. is falling from his monkey mouth.

I will wait for Utope's "official statement" before I lace into him. The only thing he can do is attempt to prove to the community that he does not own any extra NEM stakes, as this would violate the principles of the "fairness" of the NEM distribution which is supposedly its big differentiating factor from NXT. He did rail against sockpuppets quite readily so I am interested in seeing the quote where he encouraged people to create sockpuppet accounts.

Then he will remove himself from the project entirely. That is the only honorable and believable course of action. But he said several times he doesn't care about investors, so we'll see what actually happens.

There's no room for him to negotiate himself out of this one. I just hope he decides to do the right thing, admits he messed up and leaves. Keeping him aboard will only harm the project. You can continue believing in your pre-established mindset that NEM can do no wrong or you can admit the reality of the situation to yourself. Its your money.

I was late for this party so I do not have stake. Ever since listing it on the NXT exchange I am thinking hard about buying. It is kind of pricy already but I think it has a great potential to grow! The content of this formal statement will be of great help for my decision!

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
BTW I didn't read yet the "statement" of UP explaining why he created several sockpuppets to own more stakes....

Maybe tomorrow?  Grin
Activity: 56
hum look like a doing something new... So that is 300 to 400 replies and most of them are "I am interested" posts.
win
ok so this are two of utopianfuture bitcointalk accounts: ghosthouse and ghosthousevsNxtChg

u can [still] see all his posts here on the bitcointalk mirror(he already deleted them in the acc here)

1 https://bitcointa.lk/members/ghosthouse.230958/
2 https://bitcointa.lk/members/ghosthousevsnxtchg.338713/

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/nem-nem-new-economy-movement-no-envy-movement-updates-discussion-thread.242825/page-441#post-6690550
Quote from: ghosthouse=utopianfuture
Requested a token. Not selling more than 0.2 though. It is nice to see the thread crowded Grin I hope the best for the developers .
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/mastercoin-vs-nxt.324105/page-3#post-6845783
NEM is the best with the distribution concept. Great team too. The next big thing.
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-nem-4-billion-coins-equal-shares-for-all-registration-thread-part-2.249574/page-7#post-4608215

now ghosthouse is suddenly not on the stakeholder list anymore? UP why delete urself so suddenly?:0
how many stake puppets do you have, surely more than 1? 10? 100? Grin come on dude dont kid us any longer

WTF? UP gets part of 10% from developers stake PLUS all the sock puppets stakes he owns too?

Is this serious?

Why be that greedy?

Did he sell any stakes on Nxt AE from sock puppets accounts?

I recommend removing UP from the developer's list and Jaguar takes up the leadership position.

Otherwise this Nem loses all the credibility.  

oops too late.
ok so this are two of utopianfuture bitcointalk accounts: ghosthouse and ghosthousevsNxtChg

u can [still] see all his posts here on the bitcointalk mirror(he already deleted them in the acc here)

1 https://bitcointa.lk/members/ghosthouse.230958/
2 https://bitcointa.lk/members/ghosthousevsnxtchg.338713/

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/nem-nem-new-economy-movement-no-envy-movement-updates-discussion-thread.242825/page-441#post-6690550
Requested a token. Not selling more than 0.2 though. It is nice to see the thread crowded Grin I hope the best for the developers .
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/mastercoin-vs-nxt.324105/page-3#post-6845783
NEM is the best with the distribution concept. Great team too. The next big thing.
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-nem-4-billion-coins-equal-shares-for-all-registration-thread-part-2.249574/page-7#post-4608215

now ghosthouse is suddenly not on the stakeholder list anymore? UP why delete urself so suddenly?:0
how many stake puppets do you have, surely more than 1? 10? 100? Grin come on dude dont kid us any longer

WTF? UP gets part of 10% from developers stake PLUS all the sock puppets stakes he owns too?

Is this serious?

Why be that greedy?

Did he sell any stakes on Nxt AE from sock puppets accounts?

I recommend removing UP from the developer's list and Jaguar takes up the leadership position.

Otherwise this Nem loses all the credibility.  

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
I was gonna talk shit about Utope but GorillaJam reminded me where my loyalties lie.. on the other side of whatever b.s. is falling from his monkey mouth.

I will wait for Utope's "official statement" before I lace into him. The only thing he can do is attempt to prove to the community that he does not own any extra NEM stakes, as this would violate the principles of the "fairness" of the NEM distribution which is supposedly its big differentiating factor from NXT. He did rail against sockpuppets quite readily so I am interested in seeing the quote where he encouraged people to create sockpuppet accounts.

Then he will remove himself from the project entirely. That is the only honorable and believable course of action. But he said several times he doesn't care about investors, so we'll see what actually happens.

There's no room for him to negotiate himself out of this one. I just hope he decides to do the right thing, admits he messed up and leaves. Keeping him aboard will only harm the project. You can continue believing in your pre-established mindset that NEM can do no wrong or you can admit the reality of the situation to yourself. Its your money.
Activity: 68
Wow, I'm pretty interested if that really plays out like the PR-Nightmare it looks like.

I don't think so. Here is what I posted in the thread "If you think you can damage NEM because of this you are wrong. NEM is not about me. Everyone knows i don't write a single line of code. I chose not to use my usual nickname exactly because of it is not related to NEM. It is my personal opinion." and it was deleted instantly in 20 seconds.

NEM was always about you and your ethos of fairness. The way you obsessed over sockpuppets was legendary. This ship is going down and so do the honorable thing as captain and go down with it.

I don't care if you come out with a nicely worded political speech. You are a hypocrite and the idea behind NEM has been proven by your behavior to be the joke it is.

My only wish is this happened a few months ago when you were acting like a little Stalin, people have forgotten or dont know how this coin originated and it was 100% out of the false unfairness of NXT.

You with others didn't let up for a second on your onslaught against NXT.

You deserve the same. But I think NXt are more mature and will just let you fuck off into the sunset.

good Troll
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

I agree with patmast3r.

I've been reading this whole incident and I was disturbed by what has been revealed.
But I don't want to talk about my hurt feelings here, instead I want to look forward.

I believe we will all soon be able to read some official statement  hopefully from UP but if not from him then some statement from the core team.
I see this incident as an opportunity to further strengthen the community. This is only a test for NEM. Somewhat unexpected but the best test are always like that.
We should also be mindful that at times like this all kinds of trolls emerge and want to further destabilize the community and push their own interests.

As many have said before me, we need to calm down and be patient. Dear fellow nemsters, let us show patience, kindness, respect and perseverance in times like this. Let us show our support for the whole core team and most importantly a really great project. There is no place for fear because of this incident.

Is there any formal statement anywhere yet?

Not yet, but will be available shortly.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

I agree with patmast3r.

I've been reading this whole incident and I was disturbed by what has been revealed.
But I don't want to talk about my hurt feelings here, instead I want to look forward.

I believe we will all soon be able to read some official statement  hopefully from UP but if not from him then some statement from the core team.
I see this incident as an opportunity to further strengthen the community. This is only a test for NEM. Somewhat unexpected but the best test are always like that.
We should also be mindful that at times like this all kinds of trolls emerge and want to further destabilize the community and push their own interests.

As many have said before me, we need to calm down and be patient. Dear fellow nemsters, let us show patience, kindness, respect and perseverance in times like this. Let us show our support for the whole core team and most importantly a really great project. There is no place for fear because of this incident.

Is there any formal statement anywhere yet?
win
Would it be possible to delete the posts of Gorillajam? I think we should welcome criticism as much as any other thread but he's just trying to bring NEM down because of what appears to be jealousy or fear. It's not constructive at all and quite sad to have that in a 500 page thread that up to know was mostly informative, fun and positive (what NEM should be about).

NEM HAS to take this shit, cause it gave NXt so much shit over exactly the same issue. So man up and take it.

You guys are like cult members who just found out the leader has been having sex with all the young girls.
Pages:
Jump to: