Pages:
Author

Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs - page 2. (Read 2984037 times)

legendary
Activity: 866
Merit: 1002
Maybe you know a few reasons?  @gimre ...

I don't know.
Activity: 143
Merit: 12
Fits the discussion quite well.

" https://twitter.com/0x6861746366574/status/1654353376229081091?cxt=HHwWhoDSsa3ouPUtAAAA "

" Protocols that launch with a 20-50% allocation to the “founding team” will be dead in 2-3 years.
   Wealth inequality is a sticking point: no one wants to build on a chain where a significant portion of the money belongs to a few.
   People want to feel like they’re equal. That’s half the reason #NEM was successful early on: because wealth was “evenly distributed”, in the beginning. "

" https://twitter.com/0x6861746366574/status/1654392014409199616?cxt=HHwWgMDTobKxyvUtAAAA "

" I have been thinking about a mosaic-based authentication system for Discord, similar to the verification systems used in NFT communities and by bots such as http://collab.land.
   You would give a user a non-transferrable, revokable mosaic that would allow them access to a Discord server. A Discord bot would have you sign a message, and verify the contents of your address before
   letting you enter.

This would be a fantastic system to roll out for the new
  @SymbolSyndicate
  Discord, and allow us to work closer with a trusted circle of the community and our users on solving issues that affect the entire protocol (such as Bithumb, or the finalization hiccup) without exposing the
  information to the broader public or blaring it out through tweets. "

In my opinion, two statements that contradict each other. Certainly, there will always be an internal exchange of opinions between certain people, but information should be freely available to all who want to participate in a decentralised network. Equality should also apply to access to information. And not only for a narrow circle.
Doesn't every node operator or investor in a decentralised network have the right to important information concerning the entire protocol?
Once again, this seems to be more about control and not about better cooperation.

thx
1. Rational / security.
Own node is useful for connecting your wallet through it.
Even if it is not rewarded by the supernode program. It's +1 for work security.
But if there is also a reward, why not use it.
In addition, the supernode program allows you to monitor the technical parameters of your node.
For the same purpose (for a security), I keep for example a 24/7 Monero node (no reward).

2. Rational / support.
It is good to run your own node to support the NEM network.
If I have some XEM, I'm interested in the stability of the NEM network.
Even if there was no supernode program, I would still run a 24/7 NIS node.
For the same purpose (for a support), for example, I keep a 24/7 Grin node (no reward).

3. Rational / cost minimization.
I agree that the way businesses view participating in the current supernode program is ridiculous.
Even just going to zero after a few years will be a success. However, costs can be minimized.
For example, on one computer I have not only a NIS node, but also something else (if the hardware allows it).
Or you can use equipment left over from another project.

4. Irrational / technology and enthusiasts.
It is good to run your own node to support the NEM network as a technology.
It's not perfect, but I appreciate it. Different people are in the crypto, but it is based on enthusiasts.
For the same purpose, for example, I keep a 24/7 WireMin node (no reward).

5. Irrational / be an anarchist.
A separate point on taxes.
The crypto and the state are fundamentally incompatible phenomena.
To be in the crypto means to some extent to be an anarchist.
Although there may be compromises on specific issues, here everyone makes decisions for himself.

6. Irrational. I love you too )

----------------
... I'll cut it short and confine myself to a few points.

" Own node is useful for connecting your wallet through it.
  Even if it is not rewarded by the supernode program. It's +1 for work security. "

This is certainly correct, but does not correspond to reality. NIS started the testing phase in 2014 and the smallest part of the users has operated their own node since that time. And this despite the fact that there was enough support and setting up a node is not rocket science. And this will not change in the coming years. Everything else is wishful thinking. We all  should learn from the past.

" In addition, the supernode program allows you to monitor the technical parameters of your node. "

For someone starting out running a node, this may be true. Everyone else should be able to monitor their node differently. This program is only for control to prevent misuse. But even this SN program has its flaws.

" It is good to run your own node to support the NEM network.
  Even if there was no supernode program, I would still run a 24/7 NIS node. "

Unfortunately, the people who ran these nodes and, above all, supported the NEM network were portrayed as greedy idiots.
It is also interesting to see how the nodes in the symbol network are declining more and more. Has halved since launch if I got that right?
People need an incentive to do something, it always has been and it will never change. And the current NIS SN program is just the opposite.

" The crypto and the state are fundamentally incompatible phenomena. "

Nonsense. Unfortunately there is no common lobby, this is the general problem. Then you would have more influence on certain decisions. Crypto is here to improve people's lives.

Actually, you only have to look at the number of participants. Less than 60 people. That says it all.
Activity: 830
Merit: 520
Nxt NEM

Above was mentioned PoI ...  was somewhere discussed, what was the reason to change or drop(?) PoI from Symbol ?

If that is  a question, short answer is: PoI does not scale.

What would scalability mean in blockchain; was it depending on the count of transactions ?
I have thought that the calculation of the PoI could have been modified to adjust to different situations/trends...
Activity: 16

Why would anyone run such a node under the current conditions ?
Not only does the 24 XEM per day, if everything goes well, not cover the expenses for the server. Furthermore, the operation of a node(POS) is now classified as a business in some countries.
This means that additional, not inconsiderable costs are incurred. Even if you had no server costs. Not to mention the 10,000 XEM that are then also subject to business tax.   Huh

thx

----------

PS
(  However, there will probably only be " I love you too. " will be the answer.  ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   )

1. Rational / security.
Own node is useful for connecting your wallet through it.
Even if it is not rewarded by the supernode program. It's +1 for work security.
In addition, the supernode program allows you to monitor the technical parameters of your node.
For the same purpose (for a security), I keep for example a 24/7 Monero node (no reward).

2. Rational / support.
It is good to run your own node to support the NEM network.
Even if there was no supernode program, I would still run a 24/7 NIS node.
For the same purpose (for a support), for example, I keep a 24/7 Grin node (no reward).

3. Rational / cost minimization.
I agree that the way businesses view participating in the current supernode program is ridiculous.
Even just going to zero after a few years will be a success. However, costs can be minimized.
For example, on one computer I have not only a NIS node, but also something else (if the hardware allows it).
Or you can use equipment left over from another project.

4. Irrational / technology and enthusiasts.
It is good to run your own node to support the NEM network as a technology.
It's not perfect, but I appreciate it. Different people are in the crypto, but it is based on enthusiasts.
For the same purpose, for example, I keep a 24/7 WireMin node (no reward).

5. Irrational / be an anarchist.
A separate point on taxes.
The crypto and the state are fundamentally incompatible phenomena.
To be in the crypto means to some extent to be an anarchist.
Although there may be compromises on specific issues, here everyone makes decisions for himself.

6. Irrational. I love you too )
Supernodes registration address for May and during May:
NASNDE-STSULB-NFPUOD-4O65MF-IAQUXS-RTZRBV-NXU5

Why would anyone run such a node under the current conditions ?
Not only does the 24 XEM per day, if everything goes well, not cover the expenses for the server. Furthermore, the operation of a node(POS) is now classified as a business in some countries.
This means that additional, not inconsiderable costs are incurred. Even if you had no server costs. Not to mention the 10,000 XEM that are then also subject to business tax.   Huh

thx

----------

PS

(  However, there will probably only be " I love you too. " will be the answer.  ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   )
legendary

Above was mentioned PoI ...  was somewhere discussed, what was the reason to change or drop(?) PoI from Symbol ?

If that is  a question, short answer is: PoI does not scale.
Nxt NEM
The case of the captured account is now solved by Bitcointalk account recoveries / The Bitcoin Forum Team.

Congratulations.

Thanks.
As this BTT is the most important international "platform" for me - actually the only one Smiley , this was good result. I do not know, whether the hacker got any "penalties" or even if he is known.

The hacker got away whole and triumphant. They never got him. Its the guy who busted Bo Shen. U know that guy? Nut-head held 550K lqty in a contract then something went amok and his address was burglarized. Whatever LQTY it had in, was dumped on binance. The guy taking over nem blockchain rn is the same entity.

Bo Shen?  Not heard before.
Do you mean that the LQTY-thief was the same, who took my Bitcointalk-account?

"taking over nem blockchain" ---- What do you mean?  ..    that guy can access the NEM addresses?
 (Still the rich list look quite stable: https://nemnodes.org/richlist/ )

Accidentally (?) at this hour many coins are dropping :   https://coinmarketcap.com/fi/currencies/nem/
Activity: 147
Merit: 16
The case of the captured account is now solved by Bitcointalk account recoveries / The Bitcoin Forum Team.

Congratulations.

Thanks.
As this BTT is the most important international "platform" for me - actually the only one Smiley , this was good result. I do not know, whether the hacker got any "penalties" or even if he is known.
One good lesson from this hacking case: keep your "secondary" email accounts active enough Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hacker got away whole and triumphant. They never got him. Its the guy who busted Bo Shen. U know that guy? Nut-head held 550K lqty in a contract then something went amok and his address was burglarized. Whatever LQTY it had in, was dumped on binance. The guy taking over nem blockchain rn is the same entity.
Nxt NEM

Congratulations.

Thanks.
One good lesson from this hacking case: keep your "secondary" email accounts active enough Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

legendary

Congratulations.
Nxt NEM
"any experience hosting a node"
No, and when NEM nodes were started I thought it required Linux, and that's why I skipped it. I concentrated more to study the importance in the network Wink

Please describe what you mean by this statement. And what were your conclusions ? What did you find out in your studies?
thx

That "importance" meant PoI of NEM Smiley
It was here:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36237054

In the doc's page 27 is the outcome, but there may be some inaccuracy as discussed with the Devs then 5 yrs ago;
the importance was not taken at the time when the account harvested the block.
I dont know if that inaccuracy had a significant effect. Also I dont know, if that study affected to the NEM / Symbol development Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XYM has dropped quite a lot during this year. Now < 120 sat.
Is this caused by the economical uncertainty and the current need of cash or need to invest to something more concrete things ?  
Inflation, high level of interest, Silicon Valley Bank, Credit Suisse,  ...  and the XYM wallets apparently are "full of easy money".

No, and when NEM nodes were started I thought it required Linux, and that's why I skipped it. I concentrated more to study the importance in the network Wink

Please describe what you mean by this statement. And what were your conclusions ? What did you find out in your studies?
thx

Enroll and Participate in the Supernode Program
https://nem.io/supernode/
Let me remind you that now there is a new requirement for the balance of the supernode - it should be only at least 10k XEM ) The reward is 24 XEM per day.

Supernodes registration address for April and during April:
NASNCD-DNKXDV-UFAEXQ-PXNHMQ-JTKP46-I67NL5-3P5H
Hey devs.
NEM SuperNode Program site is broken.
For a day now, more than half of the nodes show a balance of 0.
Although, in fact, the balances are non-zero.
Nxt NEM
You have changed your "picture". I thought the previous one would have been more "NFT-stylish" ... or is the current more NFT-related?

For some reason a few days ago I became enamored with Wojak Andrew Tate but I will probably replace him with something a bit more stylish indeed before too long.

Andrew Tate has been quite unknown for me. After your post I read some ...  he seems to be a bit contradictory person ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this thread sure is quiet! It sure has been ages since I poked my head around BitcoinTalk. Figured it was worth mentioning that 'supernode' rewards have been restored for NEM! In the past there was a very high minimum XEM holding threshold for rewards that excluded most people from participating, but it has now been lowered to a mere 10k XEM!

If you have 10k XEM and any experience hosting a node / IT aptitude, it's worth looking into - https://nem.io/supernode/

I'm also surprised how many people seem to think NEM is bankrupt -- NGL and the NEM Foundation are no longer operational, but a substantial treasury remains and most of the OG NEM devs are still actively working on both NEM and Symbol(XYM). Focus has shifted to the Japanese market, where XEM and XYM got the most traction.

quite quiet quote ...  yes, it has been Smiley

"bankrupt"
well, that was forecasted, when Symbol was coming. Of course the ones, whose "fortunes" were in NEM, had to be careful. And if such negative rumours were flying around and it looked like Symbol is the new NEM, then I guess that it is obvious to have some negative expectations for NEM.

Anyhow, it is glad to notice that XEM is now at the same levels with XYM in exchanges.

Activity: 346
Merit: 251
There can be only one!
Well this thread sure is quiet! It sure has been ages since I poked my head around BitcoinTalk. Figured it was worth mentioning that 'supernode' rewards have been restored for NEM! In the past there was a very high minimum XEM holding threshold for rewards that excluded most people from participating, but it has now been lowered to a mere 10k XEM!

If you have 10k XEM and any experience hosting a node / IT aptitude, it's worth looking into - https://nem.io/supernode/

I'm also surprised how many people seem to think NEM is bankrupt -- NGL and the NEM Foundation are no longer operational, but a substantial treasury remains and most of the OG NEM devs are still actively working on both NEM and Symbol(XYM). Focus has shifted to the Japanese market, where XEM and XYM got the most traction.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
You have changed your "picture". I thought the previous one would have been more "NFT-stylish" ... or is the current more NFT-related?

For some reason a few days ago I became enamored with Wojak Andrew Tate but I will probably replace him with something a bit more stylish indeed before too long.

On the topic:

Still looking for low-quantity NEM assets or mosaics which may have image-related metadata attached to them. Or any sort of NEM blockchain-based collectibles, no matter how unpopular.
Nxt NEM
And I (the original jkoil) have it in my control ...
Smiley
Smiley
  ... if this post is succesfully sent Wink

Congrats, glad to see justice is served & a vintage account out of the hands of a shitposter.

I'll ask the person who left you negative trust to remove it.

Thanks, "it is done"  Smiley

----

Pages:
Jump to: