Pages:
Author

Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner - page 79. (Read 289447 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
It is not a fault of spmod miner. You should not mine an algorithm that rarely finds blocks with a low interval in nemos.
Activity: 31
I found adding spmods to nemos is not a good idea. They will be often on the top of profit, so nemos will switch to them. The problem is that nemos with "normal" miners will mine other algo and you will mine algo with just a few miners there. And if you dont find any block until next algo switch, you will waste huge amount of time.
It looks that is the main reason of my low profit, I posted few days ago...
So my conclusion is: use nemos without spmods, or use spmods directly to mining selected coin.

Maybe someone has different experiences?
Go to NemosMiner-v2.4.1\Bin\NVIDIA-Alexis78Phi and replace ccminer with spmod version.
is there any instruction how to add miner? ive been using the spmod for lux shared in the 1080ti thread and shows higher HR than the one nemosminer uses
Activity: 36
Make sure you have -ActiveMinerGainPct 3 in batch file, and the -donate 5 will run for 5 minutes/day for Nemos
You shouldn't be switching much at all, a little blake2s, a little x17.

Yep, had those parameters in the batch file initially. I'm still not sure if the switching works as it should on NH, but I've realized it doesn't really matter on a pool like AHP. Thanks for the info and guidance, chugging along with some Phi and Blake2s.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It happens, seen it on other pools too.  Good thing is everyone is mining Blake2s and X17 right now since Neoscrypt is only 33% as profitable

See, this is what I don't get. I've been reading around and both of those algos seem to be prone to orphaned blocks and extreme amounts of price fluctuation. I used the startahashpool.bat (not 24h) and every 10 mins, I was switching algos. Unless there's a way to switch algos every minute or two (interval doesn't switch properly IME), then I'm stuck with the algo for 10 minutes. How can I be sure it isn't just being price manipulated?

I'm assuming the answer is to use the 24h batch file and hope I'm being paid out properly?

a) use ahashpool24
b) script will do switching for initial benchmarks and donate 5 minute period
c) no there isn't any price manipulation
d) with the amount of miners on ahashpool you don't have to worry about orphaned blocks

Thanks for the reply/info.

1. Will do
2. I noticed it switches flawlessly for the benchmark section, but if I need to restart the client/batch file, it's back to 10 mins minimum until I switch. Is the "-donate 5" the dev's way of ensuring people pay up?
3. Noted
4. Good to know

Make sure you have -ActiveMinerGainPct 3 in batch file, and the -donate 5 will run for 5 minutes/day for Nemos
You shouldn't be switching much at all, a little blake2s, a little x17.
It happens, seen it on other pools too.  Good thing is everyone is mining Blake2s and X17 right now since Neoscrypt is only 33% as profitable

See, this is what I don't get. I've been reading around and both of those algos seem to be prone to orphaned blocks and extreme amounts of price fluctuation. I used the startahashpool.bat (not 24h) and every 10 mins, I was switching algos. Unless there's a way to switch algos every minute or two (interval doesn't switch properly IME), then I'm stuck with the algo for 10 minutes. How can I be sure it isn't just being price manipulated?

I'm assuming the answer is to use the 24h batch file and hope I'm being paid out properly?

a) use ahashpool24
d) with the amount of miners on ahashpool you don't have to worry about orphaned blocks

Thanks for the reply/info.

1. Will do
2. I noticed it switches flawlessly for the benchmark section, but if I need to restart the client/batch file, it's back to 10 mins minimum until I switch. Is the "-donate 5" the dev's way of ensuring people pay up?
3. Noted
4. Good to know

a) use ahashpool24
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Please help running task schedule: ERROR during start up when run from task schedule:

RED ERROR

& : The term '.\NemosMiner-v2.4.1.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Read posts 3021 and 3026.

Activity: 7
Please help running task schedule: ERROR during start up when run from task schedule:

RED ERROR

& : The term '.\NemosMiner-v2.4.1.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:2
+ &.\NemosMiner-v2.4.1.ps1 -SelGPUDSTM '0 1 2 3 4' -SelGPUCC '0,1,2,3,4 ...
+  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (.\NemosMiner-v2.4.1.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

im getting this error. please help
Activity: 24
QQ, can I mine to a segwit address from ahashpool? struggling a bit with understanding what the technical limitations are and whether it would even make any difference?
Activity: 32
It means you were mining air for 4 hours

It happens, seen it on other pools too

Hope that illustrates the point of my past few posts  Cool
the profit you make is what's in your own hands, not displayed in a program or on a pool.
Take it easy out there.
I just updated to Nemos Miner 2.4.1 and on 2 PCs it seems to be stuck trying to benchmark xmrig which doesn't launch and it just sits there saying Sleep 300 sec

Edit batch file, remove cryptonight, its worthless anyways at $2.11/day on a 1080ti
Activity: 21
I just updated to Nemos Miner 2.4.1 and on 2 PCs it seems to be stuck trying to benchmark xmrig which doesn't launch and it just sits there saying Sleep 300 sec

https://i.imgur.com/pKgqF6g.png
WHAT WARNING IS THAT IN AHASHPOOL?
Announcement: (2018-01-27 17:46 UTC) Unfortunately, Crowdcoin CRC (neoscrypt) appears to have a chain split, and the pool ended up being in the shorter side of the split even though the pool is connected to 46 peers. Upon re-syncing to the longer chain, the pool had approximately 750 CRC orphaned during the 4 hours of mining on this split chain. This will affect miner's immature unconfirmed pending balance because orphans cannot get confirmed or cleared. It's sad that some coin's network just isn't well built. If you guys, as miners, see any "too good to be true" profit estimates, or long continuous streams of single coin blocks, it is probably too good to be true, and please contact us immediately to stop the coin.

Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Announcement: (2018-01-27 17:46 UTC) Unfortunately, Crowdcoin CRC (neoscrypt) appears to have a chain split, and the pool ended up being in the shorter side of the split...

It means you were mining air for 4 hours - ie, you'll get nothing and like it!

Activity: 72
Announcement: (2018-01-27 17:46 UTC) Unfortunately, Crowdcoin CRC (neoscrypt) appears to have a chain split, and the pool ended up being in the shorter side of the split even though the pool is connected to 46 peers. Upon re-syncing to the longer chain, the pool had approximately 750 CRC orphaned during the 4 hours of mining on this split chain. This will affect miner's immature unconfirmed pending balance because orphans cannot get confirmed or cleared. It's sad that some coin's network just isn't well built. If you guys, as miners, see any "too good to be true" profit estimates, or long continuous streams of single coin blocks, it is probably too good to be true, and please contact us immediately to stop the coin.
Activity: 6
I hope someday someone will make a guide how to use YiiimpLogger with free hosting. Tried today on 000webhost (have sql and cron listed in futures) but nothing succeeded. Maybe someone have step-by-step guide? Thx )

Host it on your own pc using Wamp maybe?

I am not so good in computers, especially in servers. Thats why i am looking for a step-by-step guide. So maybe someone will create it.
Activity: 24
Has anyone successfully run multiple instances whilst benchmarking? I tried changing the API ports in the miner PS1 files but the benchmarks still get confused between instances.

At the moment the workaround I have used is to benchmark each card individually, then mark the hashrates as read only.
Pages:
Jump to: