Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 58. (Read 261786 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 09:14:42 PM
Speculation:

An LMB -> Havelock transfer exploit was found, a user (presumably BTCApples, check the other thread) exploited it and sold it for a small amount at the time (2.8 mBTC/share). A little while later, the Troll accounts were causing the people to panic sell. They succeed.

Of course, whether TAT's fault or not, TAT was the person responsible for LMB -> Havelock transfers so he wanted to jump ship before he gets into legal (or more legal) trouble.

In the meantime, users (such as presumably BTCApples, (once again, check the other thread) and others) were stocking up on cheap shares.

All of this combines, left NEO no choice but to halt trading and launch an investigation.

Once again, this is just my speculation due to the info I was gathered over the few days.  Thoughts?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 28, 2014, 07:41:28 PM
Do we have any news from NEO regarding this?   I think I missed something Smiley

March 28, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Havelock Investments has been formally informed by the Pass-Through Fund Manager of NEOBEE that the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity. While Neo and Bee Ltd investigate the issue further they have strongly recommended that we halt trading and transfers.
Havelock Investments has halted the NEOBEE fund and is awaiting further instructions from the issuer.

Thanks Herp, I've seen this, I was wandering if we have an official statement from NEO not Havelock.

Well the information comes from Neo relayed to us by Havelock. Don't think Neo released any official statement. That might have to wait until Monday.

Oks, Thanks for the info Smiley.

p.s. Lets see how this will turn out Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 28, 2014, 07:40:00 PM
Do we have any news from NEO regarding this?   I think I missed something Smiley

March 28, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Havelock Investments has been formally informed by the Pass-Through Fund Manager of NEOBEE that the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity. While Neo and Bee Ltd investigate the issue further they have strongly recommended that we halt trading and transfers.
Havelock Investments has halted the NEOBEE fund and is awaiting further instructions from the issuer.

Thanks Herp, I've seen this, I was wandering if we have an official statement from NEO not Havelock.

Well the information comes from Neo relayed to us by Havelock. Don't think Neo released any official statement. That might have to wait until Monday.
March 28, 2014, 07:36:21 PM

March 28, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 07:25:53 PM
I've been lurking for a little while around here and thought I'd jump in at this point.

This whole thing stinks like manipulation and/or  system breach. With that said though, as an investor, I hope to hear more by the beginning of April one way or another. Burgeoning technologies are wild animals and those investing heavily in them, whether it be socially or monetarily, will do best with open communication. This company has a lot of potential.
March 28, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

March 28, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
March 28, 2014, 07:22:45 PM
that said, i'm holding
good thing, cause you couldn't sell them, even if you wanted to! Smiley

Neo is doing the responsible thing and protecting shareholders from blatant manipulation attempts.

I bet most would hate to find out they've sold for peanuts only to see stock skyrocket the very next week.

handholding, really?  Roll Eyes
March 28, 2014, 07:22:03 PM
March 28, 2014, 07:21:19 PM
that said, i'm holding

Neo is doing the responsible thing and protecting shareholders from blatant manipulation attempts.

I bet most would hate to find out they've sold for peanuts only to see stock skyrocket the very next week.
March 28, 2014, 07:19:58 PM
that said, i'm holding
haha, true that  Grin
Activity: 476
March 28, 2014, 07:17:09 PM
that said, i'm holding
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
March 28, 2014, 07:06:09 PM
I can confirm that I purchased 800 shares; and saw them transmitted in real time to my account as we conducted the trade. I am most certainly not btcapples.

As of writing this the shares are stilll under my control on LMB holdings, as indicated by my share balance.

I will say that I believe the shares are legitimate; the sale may be considered a market manipulation however. Expect to see a new ToS that specifies rules on out of platform trades

~Green
March 28, 2014, 07:03:14 PM
the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity.
It's interesting that Neo mentioned suspicious activity on LMB platform. A recent highly suspicious selling thread comes to mind, with what I think were "faked" transfers between accounts owned by the same individual, in order to create a panic.

link to what I think was a fake sale, meant to manipulate share price lower: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-neobee-shares-soldsoldsold-526430

This seller was supposedly selling shares way below market value on LMB platform.

p.s: notice name of the seller "btcapples". A notorious spammer troll connected to Mpex.

A handful of people, including me, confirmed on his thread that the trades were legit.
Of course, that does not mean these were not stolen shares.

It's possible he actually sold some of these to people to make it look more real. It most likely was a small amount and the rest was fake.

Point is, it was an obvious manipulation attempt to drive price lower, regardless of the methods employed.
March 28, 2014, 07:02:55 PM
could be a hacked lmb account and he was trading stolen shares for "clean" ones on havelock maybe? that would explain the lower price

Don't think so but that's also possible. I think guy actually owns Neo shares and wanted to manipulate price lower to buy cheaper. He faked the sale and also brought fresh shill accounts to confirm they've bought these shares, to make it look legit. Just check the thread.

It's known fact Tuur Demeester bought Neo shares recently, which is very bullish sign and gives Neo a lot of validation. Lots of people want to get their hands on cheap shares before more big boys come in.

doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it's not like the share prices have skyrocketed recently.

my bet is on either a major shareholder's account hack or some fuck-up in the ledger managed directly at lmb-holdings.com (didn't check what the number of shares from public ledger listed there add up to tho, it's just a wild guess)

that said, i'm holding
March 28, 2014, 06:55:55 PM
could be a hacked lmb account and he was trading stolen shares for "clean" ones on havelock maybe? that would explain the lower price

Don't think so but that's also possible. I think guy actually owns Neo shares and wanted to manipulate price lower to buy cheaper. He faked the sale and also brought fresh shill accounts to confirm they've bought these shares, to make it look legit. Just check the thread.

It's known fact Tuur Demeester bought Neo shares recently, which is very bullish sign and gives Neo a lot of validation. Lots of people want to get their hands on cheap shares before more big boys come in.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 28, 2014, 06:55:23 PM
the question now is how many got stolen and how many got dumped?
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
March 28, 2014, 06:53:07 PM
the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity.
It's interesting that Neo mentioned suspicious activity on LMB platform. A recent highly suspicious selling thread comes to mind, with what I think were "faked" transfers between accounts owned by the same individual, in order to create a panic.

link to what I think was a fake sale, meant to manipulate share price lower: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-neobee-shares-soldsoldsold-526430

This seller was supposedly selling shares way below market value on LMB platform.

p.s: notice name of the seller "btcapples". A notorious spammer troll connected to Mpex.

A handful of people, including me, confirmed on his thread that the trades were legit.
Of course, that does not mean these were not stolen shares.
March 28, 2014, 06:51:25 PM

All come together now, this looks more like an organised scam
those trolls on main thread were certainly posting for profit

Exactly. I've warned at the time the thread was a manipulation attempt, not a genuine sale. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5903918

March 28, 2014, 06:49:20 PM

Exactly. I've warned at the time the thread was a manipulation attempt, not a genuine sale. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5903918
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 28, 2014, 06:48:13 PM

Pages:
Jump to: